Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Music and Trading > General Game Music Discussion
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

New Ace Combat X music

Drakken
Abundant life

Member 2714

Level 43.03

Mar 2006

Old Oct 7, 2006, 10:16 PM #1 of 8
New Ace Combat X music

Namco just put up three songs from Ace Combat X: Skies of Deception, the PSP game coming out later this month. One of them we've heard already here, but I think two of them are new.

You can check out them out at the Japanese site. Click on the World panel, and then on BGM. #3 is the old one. #1 is similar to the trailer music from awhile back. #2 should be totally new.

Anyone know if Kobayashi is doing the music? It sounds a bit different than what I'm used to.

Jam it back in, in the dark.
Check out my original music at my Soundcloud page!

Latest music rips (updated January 10, 2012):

SimCity DS - Jazz/ambient/electronic music including interesting reworkings of songs from the fantastic SimCity 3000 soundtrack
Cold Winter Original Game Music Score - Really cool; dark, full, emotional strings mixed with drums, piano, choir. Kind of like Furious Angels?

Play-Asia - Japanese CDs, game soundtracks, game imports, & more

Taisai
Amorph

Member 8563

Level 16.22

Jun 2006

Old Oct 8, 2006, 06:33 AM Local time: Oct 8, 2006, 09:03 PM #2 of 8
Indeed...

We can hear fives demo songs since last month at EU sites. I know nothing about the staff details, but considering AC 5 and AC ZERO featured thier chorus themes in the teaser trailers (AC4 aside. Because I don't remember whether the AC4 trailers used Megarith or not), I worry Kobayashi doesn't compose a new epic chorus theme this time. This is a very personal opinion, but without his chorus theme, ACE COMBAT music is 'ok' or 'good' at best.

As far as I hear, AC X music has a tendency toward electronica rather than orchestra, but they still use many orchestral instruments and I guess all of the late ACE COMBAT composers can write things of this kind without any trouble.

There's nowhere I can't reach.
bishop743
The Liberated Guardian

Member 623

Level 40.29

Mar 2006

Old Oct 8, 2006, 08:50 AM #3 of 8
I have to say that I like what I'm hearing so far. After a quick listen of the 3 sample tracks, it seems like they're going more with an Ace Combat 3-esque feel, rather than an Ace Combat 4 or 5 one. I prefer the soundtracks for 4 and 5 more but Ace Combat 3 had a great score too so I wouldn't be too upset if that is the route they are indeed taking.

All I can hope for now is that an official soundtrack is released for this at some point.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
Taisai
Amorph

Member 8563

Level 16.22

Jun 2006

Old Oct 20, 2006, 08:30 AM Local time: Oct 20, 2006, 11:00 PM #4 of 8
Today, some new demo songs are added.
http://www.acecombat.jp/ace-x/world.htm

Also, at the end of this movie, we can confirm the name of Keiki Kobayashi as the sound directer for this movie.
http://www.acecombat.jp/ace-x/staff.htm

I believe these demo songs are composed by Nakanishi, Kobayashi and Okubo, but considering this game has just 25 tracks, maybe we can't meet epic scores as AC4, AC5 and ZERO.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
bishop743
The Liberated Guardian

Member 623

Level 40.29

Mar 2006

Old Oct 25, 2006, 08:26 AM #5 of 8
Originally Posted by Taisai
Today, some new demo songs are added.
http://www.acecombat.jp/ace-x/world.htm

Also, at the end of this movie, we can confirm the name of Keiki Kobayashi as the sound directer for this movie.
http://www.acecombat.jp/ace-x/staff.htm

I believe these demo songs are composed by Nakanishi, Kobayashi and Okubo, but considering this game has just 25 tracks, maybe we can't meet epic scores as AC4, AC5 and ZERO.
Well, considering that it's a PSP game, I didn't expect it to be a 4-disc monster like AC5. But, going by the samples and demo tracks, I believe that an official soundtrack release is still warranted. I'm still holding out hope for one.

I was speaking idiomatically.
xMxEdGaRx
Carob Nut

Member 13752

Level 6.55

Oct 2006

Old Oct 25, 2006, 10:30 AM Local time: Oct 25, 2006, 12:30 PM #6 of 8
Ah, it sounds just fine for me, not as good as the previous scores that for sure...

It's too hi-tech, futuristic putz putz... music... and this kind of music doesn't fit to my taste

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
Sou brasileiro com muito orgulho!
Killy
Xmd5a

Member 324

Level 27.07

Mar 2006

Old Oct 25, 2006, 10:30 AM Local time: Oct 25, 2006, 04:30 PM #7 of 8
The music sounds very promising! I took the liberty of recording the tracks and .rar'ed them up. Here's a link for those of you who do not want to click play on the website every other minute;

http://www.sendspace.com/file/7rtxvv

Most amazing jew boots
bishop743
The Liberated Guardian

Member 623

Level 40.29

Mar 2006

Old Oct 25, 2006, 11:19 AM #8 of 8
Originally Posted by Killy
The music sounds very promising! I took the liberty of recording the tracks and .rar'ed them up. Here's a link for those of you who do not want to click play on the website every other minute;

http://www.sendspace.com/file/7rtxvv
Thanks Killy. I'll be sure to grab this.

Most amazing jew boots

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Music and Trading > General Game Music Discussion > New Ace Combat X music