Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

[Arcade] beatmaniaIIDX 12 HAPPY SKY CS

Taco
inaccurate

Member 740

Level 26.23

Mar 2006

Old Dec 13, 2006, 12:17 PM #26 of 45
I'm also working through the game, I actually managed to clear 7th Dan on this style (RED's The Safari owned me ;_;), and I'm really digging the built-in rival data.

The extra skins are okay, but what I'm REALLY liking is the custom music select BGM. The Taka one is freakin' amazing.

There's nowhere I can't reach.
gdog66
Just woke up from the crash

Member 13103

Level 2.86

Sep 2006

Old Dec 13, 2006, 02:25 PM #27 of 45
I'm an 8-dan player, but stupid 8-dan on HS is KILLING me.

I HATE Rakuen (A). SO, SO much.

Otherwise, 8 dan would be the best of its' kind in a while.

CS songs are pretty good this time around as well, and most are different enough from their artists' usual fare that they interest even the most jaded IIDX players. SOTA's is a VERY different song...

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
TheKnightOfNee
Rope Snake

Member 9705

Level 32.27

Jul 2006

Old Dec 13, 2006, 05:35 PM #28 of 45
I am currently watching my friend play Happy Sky.

Crazy new feature: When holding start/select to quit a song, also hold the 1 and 2 keys, and the song starts over without taking you to the fail screen.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
DjMeas
~VGM Composer~

Member 2154

Level 15.68

Mar 2006

Old Dec 14, 2006, 11:09 AM Local time: Dec 14, 2006, 09:09 AM #29 of 45
Originally Posted by TheKnightOfNee
Crazy new feature: When holding start/select to quit a song, also hold the 1 and 2 keys, and the song starts over without taking you to the fail screen.
WHAT!? Did i die and go to HEAVEN!?

Thanks for the heads up lol!

I was speaking idiomatically.
Taco
inaccurate

Member 740

Level 26.23

Mar 2006

Old Dec 14, 2006, 11:10 AM #30 of 45
Oh wow, that's really neat.

Other stuff I'm liking:

Like any customize option, if you unlock every BGM and press Start when highlighting it in the Customize screen, it'll play a random one every time you go to the song select screen. I'm also digging the stats screen, which tells you a ton of things like a pie chart of key ratings (I'm 60% Just Greats! :O) and even which key you miss the most notes on (Mine's key 2).

Anyone know what song you need to use to unlock the backside courses? It's not in motion, but maybe 5.1.1.?

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
K_ Takahashi
Banned

Member 2103

Level 26.24

Mar 2006

Old Dec 15, 2006, 12:34 AM #31 of 45
I havent had that much time to play it, when it was available to me but I am much liking the backlog of older stuff (played first, for nostalga reasons).

Originally Posted by TheKnightOfNee
R&D at its fineist, Ill take that into when I get stuck at one part which throws my gauage down.

How ya doing, buddy?
DjMeas
~VGM Composer~

Member 2154

Level 15.68

Mar 2006

Old Dec 15, 2006, 12:53 AM Local time: Dec 14, 2006, 10:53 PM #32 of 45
*Phew!*

Just played a run through all the Dan courses. Super. Tired.

I'm stuck on 10th Dan. I can't work my way around it ^_^''
Just like on RED... 10th Dan once again is just toooo much.

Plus~

Little Little Princess [A] - I haven't played a song this frantic
and fun since Murmur Twins [A]. What a groovin' song!

How ya doing, buddy?

Last edited by DjMeas; Dec 15, 2006 at 01:06 AM.
TheKnightOfNee
Rope Snake

Member 9705

Level 32.27

Jul 2006

Old Dec 15, 2006, 01:51 AM #33 of 45
10dan is indeed crazy. I made it through 9dan with little trouble, and now on 10dan... I've yet to get through two songs. And I fear something like Rage Against Usual or Mei or One More Lovely will pop up as the third or fourth song.

Speaking of Mei, I played it on another and got my D on it. Took two tries to actually get the D, but I got it...

Jam it back in, in the dark.
Taco
inaccurate

Member 740

Level 26.23

Mar 2006

Old Dec 15, 2006, 11:05 PM #34 of 45
Speaking of dan mode, I found something today.

Scroll up to the highest dan you have, then in one constant turntable motion scroll all the way down to the bottom. Don't stop spinning the turntable, keep going for maybe 3 or 5 seconds. You'll know you did it right when you hear "CONNECTION". Select that lowest kyu.

Scripted Connection=> Long Mix. You play through the ENTIRE almost-7-minute song as if it were the track on the OST, each part's chart is on another. If you clear through that monster, you have to play Mei[a]. Insane? Yes. Cool? HELL yes.

My current best is about the 3 minute mark, then my arms just died.

Later edit: Endless Summer Story is (IMO) the best CS song on the style.

Last edited by Taco; Dec 18, 2006 at 02:09 AM.
GigasShadow
Lets Kungfu!

Member 5694

Level 2.74

Apr 2006

Old Dec 24, 2006, 03:57 PM Local time: Dec 24, 2006, 09:57 PM #35 of 45
Cool Taco, Scripted Connection=> Long Mix is a little (a lot) too hard for me though, even though I managed to scrape through 9th dan on my first attempt.
*Hmph* it doesn't seem to work for Double mode though... though I wouldn't stand a hope in hell on that if it did exist, since I can't even do 8th dan yet and 7th dan not very well.

gdog66
Just woke up from the crash

Member 13103

Level 2.86

Sep 2006

Old Dec 25, 2006, 02:07 AM #36 of 45
Beat the damn 8th and 9th dans.

9th, IMO is actually far easier than 8th, but that's probably because I'm so damn weak on Rakuen (A).

10th, though... Not gonna even try.

GigasShadow
Lets Kungfu!

Member 5694

Level 2.74

Apr 2006

Old Dec 29, 2006, 06:56 PM Local time: Dec 30, 2006, 12:56 AM #37 of 45
I *thought* 9th was easier on this version, it's the first 9th I've ever done... and it'll probably be a long time before I do another one
Rakuen is a bugger though, I lose more than half the gauge on it, but luckily the other 8dan songs aren't *too* bad!

Does anyone else here 14keys? I love it. I don't know why but I find it a lot more fun than 7keys, even though it's bloody hard especially at levels 7 and above. Also I can't reach from the left-most key to the turn-table on my right hand to play them at the same time without causing myself pain My left hand has a slightly bigger span, but even that side's painful at full stretch.

NickolasVanily
Larry Oji, Super Moderator, Judge, "Dirge for the Follin" Project Director, VG Frequency Creator

Member 17628

Level 1.00

Dec 2006

Old Dec 31, 2006, 06:39 AM Local time: Dec 30, 2006, 11:39 PM #38 of 45
Post Hi to all Readers, wondering what to write in my first message

Hi to all Readers, wondering what to write in my first message on www.gamingforce.com
Finally, decided to write something on "http://www.gamingforce.com/forums/music-games/9986-beatmaniaiidx-12-happy-sky-cs-2.html#post353346" topic, as it's running out of time in thinking....
Well, small introduction to myself. I've been working in Progaramming Team...
I want wish to all forumers happy new year..!!!Will come up with more messages.
Catch you soon...!!!

How ya doing, buddy?
top_cat
Larry Oji, Super Moderator, Judge, "Dirge for the Follin" Project Director, VG Frequency Creator

Member 17657

Level 1.10

Dec 2006

Old Dec 31, 2006, 11:51 PM Local time: Dec 31, 2006, 10:51 PM #39 of 45
hey, what does CS stand for? also, i just picked up this game and it's proper fun but hard to play. beginner setting is fine and seems to be the only thing i can do which makes me wonder if the problem lies with how i use the controller. i use one hand, is that the problem? in some of the harder songs for me things move way too fast.

FELIPE NO
TheKnightOfNee
Rope Snake

Member 9705

Level 32.27

Jul 2006

Old Jan 1, 2007, 02:01 AM #40 of 45
hey, what does CS stand for?
CS stands for "Consumer Software", which basically means home version. AC is used as an abbreviation for Arcade.

The hardest part at first is definitely getting used to the controller. While one hand usually makes it easier to hit the keys early on, most people find playing one handed to be near impossible. A select few get the hang of it, but most people prefer two handed play. It's probably better to try and get used to two hands earlier on. And only being able to do beginner mode songs right off the bat is pretty standard.

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
Taco
inaccurate

Member 740

Level 26.23

Mar 2006

Old Jan 1, 2007, 02:11 AM #41 of 45
2007: The year Taco passes 12s.

I decided to play the 12s on Happy Sky out of boredom, and I almost cleared three: Please Don't Go [a], in The Sky [a], and Scream Squad [a]. I ended with about 60% on each of them, sightreading. I think with some practice on them I'll be passing my first 12s within a couple of weeks.

Jam it back in, in the dark.
top_cat

Member 17657

Level 1.10

Dec 2006

Old Jan 1, 2007, 03:53 AM Local time: Jan 1, 2007, 02:53 AM #42 of 45
thanks for the tip. happy new years to you all, too

GigasShadow
Lets Kungfu!

Member 5694

Level 2.74

Apr 2006

Old Jan 1, 2007, 10:48 AM Local time: Jan 1, 2007, 04:48 PM #43 of 45
12s are ridiculus for me, I haven't even attempted some of them all the way through. 11s are ridiculus too, although I have done 2 of them, but they probably should have been given 10s because all the others are way harder imo.
Maybe another year and I'll stand a chance.... maybe.

top_cat, my advice is just to practice for an hour or so every day, and within a few weeks you'll be tackling Hypers, and in a few months Anothers!

Taco
inaccurate

Member 740

Level 26.23

Mar 2006

Old Jan 2, 2007, 12:11 AM #44 of 45
It seems I'm finally getting over my IIDX plateau. Today I played 8dan and 9dan, and cleared them both. Once I got through Rauken [a] it was smooth sailing.

10dan is lol though, so I won't be clearing that any time soon.

GigasShadow
Lets Kungfu!

Member 5694

Level 2.74

Apr 2006

Old Jan 8, 2007, 02:50 PM Local time: Jan 8, 2007, 08:50 PM #45 of 45
Well, another first for me today - getting AAA for an expert course - Refined (normal) ! And if that wasn't cool enough for me I went and did it again straight afterwards on Nostalgic Sky (normal) !

This is why I love these games so much - there's always something new to achieve no matter how good you get. Well just about anyway, certainly for us 99.999% of humans.

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming > [Arcade] beatmaniaIIDX 12 HAPPY SKY CS