Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > Help Desk

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

Anus G1S, thermal paste?

llmercll
Banned

Member 31986

Level 8.89

Oct 2008

Old Oct 23, 2008, 11:09 PM #1 of 6
Anus G1S, thermal paste?

hey guys, i just ordered a new cpu fan for my asus g1s (if anyone has any idea how to remove the heatsink covering it PLEASE let me know) and was thinking about adding some thermal paste to my cpu while i have it opened up.

my fan crapped out on me about a month ago and after finding out my warranty is expired (only because i bought it best buy, boo asus) i've got to do this myself.

Anyway, thermal paste. I know the wonderful effects it can have on desktop cpus, and was thinking about picking up some arctic silver and dabbing it on my notebook cpu. I game A LOT, and the cooler the better (it gets very hot).

I just want to know if adding thermal paste to a notebook cpu is safe and offers improvement. I don't see why it wouldn't, but I'd rather be safe than sorry.

Another thing i was wondering was whether or not they include thermal paste from the start. maybe i don't even need to waste $10.

Jam it back in, in the dark.
No. Hard Pass.
Salty for Salt's Sake

Member 27

Level 61.14

Mar 2006

Old Oct 23, 2008, 11:22 PM Local time: Oct 23, 2008, 10:22 PM #2 of 6
GO HOME, ELIXIR.

There's nowhere I can't reach.

John Mayer just asked me, personally, through an assistant, to sing backup on his new CD.

llmercll
Banned

Member 31986

Level 8.89

Oct 2008

Old Oct 24, 2008, 01:50 AM #3 of 6
heyyy be nice

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
Bigblah
Tails is incompetent!

Member 5

Level 45.31

Feb 2006

Old Oct 24, 2008, 02:31 AM Local time: Oct 24, 2008, 03:31 PM #4 of 6
Thermal paste just improves contact between your CPU die and your heatsink and/or fan. Of course, chances are awesome that your notebook doesn't come slabbed with Artic Silver by default.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
llmercll
Banned

Member 31986

Level 8.89

Oct 2008

Old Oct 24, 2008, 03:59 AM #5 of 6
yup, I just want to make sure this is safe for notebooks...

I've noticed the heatsink is very different from desktop pc's. it's thin and transfers the heat like this...

Additional Spam:
found this

NBR Cooling Central - Notebook Forums and Laptop Discussion

closed.

I was speaking idiomatically.

Last edited by llmercll; Oct 24, 2008 at 05:58 AM. Reason: This member got a little too post happy.
Jurassic Park Chocolate Raptor
Reactor online.
Sensors online.
Weapons online.
All systems nominal.

Member 80

Level 56.91

Mar 2006

Old Oct 24, 2008, 04:38 PM Local time: Oct 24, 2008, 03:38 PM 1 #6 of 6
Just watch who's anus you're putting that thermal paste on.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > Help Desk > Anus G1S, thermal paste?