Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

[Arcade] Capcom Japan can't take it anymore

Slayer X
Why do you not draw your sword?

Member 1205

Level 33.36

Mar 2006

Old Jul 4, 2007, 04:30 PM #26 of 49
If it's co done with Arc then it could be a really awesome game as long as their creativity doesn't collide with one another. As for the Devil Kings thing, it totally sounds like a random thing spewed from the rumour mill.

There's nowhere I can't reach.
surasshu
Stupid monkey!

Member 28

Level 31.10

Mar 2006

Old Jul 4, 2007, 06:51 PM Local time: Jul 5, 2007, 01:51 AM #27 of 49
I never said it was THE HD game(not SF2HD), I just speculated that the game will be HD based(new HD beat 'em up). See the difference? If not, re-read until you do.
Ah, fair enough. The way you phrased it, it could go both ways. At least if "HD" could mean "SSF2THD", which as you can see is a pain in the ass--most of my friends and I call it HD. I sure hope it's HD seeing as this isn't 3 years ago! But you're right, it's not really guaranteed to be. But if it's not, that'd be a really ridiculous choice.

Here's something mildly interesting: If it were true, I'd know all about it. Our office is responsible for the SF IP.

I guess it's safe to say it isn't Street Fighter, with the lack of Capcom USA and this. I'm glad! Warzard 2 plz lol

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.

Last edited by surasshu; Jul 4, 2007 at 07:11 PM.
Dizzy
The Latin Cockroach

Member 729

Level 16.74

Mar 2006

Old Jul 4, 2007, 10:31 PM Local time: Jul 5, 2007, 12:31 AM #28 of 49
Arc Systems is involved? That reminds me, what happened to the "Sammy vs. Capcom" project? Sol vs Dante would be pretty cool to watch.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?

| XBL: Dizzy4U | PSN: Dizzy4U |
| GFF ¡En Español! | My YouTube |
Slayer X

Member 1205

Level 33.36

Mar 2006

Old Jul 4, 2007, 10:44 PM #29 of 49
Sammy Studios was purchased and made High Moon Studios and then purchased by Vivendi Universal. So I think that all thoes transitions probably blew the hell out of any colabrative possibilities for the time being.

How ya doing, buddy?
Sword Familiar
uhu

Member 1159

Level 16.67

Mar 2006

Old Jul 5, 2007, 09:18 AM Local time: Jul 5, 2007, 03:18 PM #30 of 49
Ah, fair enough. The way you phrased it, it could go both ways.
Yeah, if you don't follow the link I attached.

Ayways, bygones. ^^

Even if it's not SF4, which, as you mentioned, it most likely is not, there's always hope . Besides, it's been a while since they released SF3. Even if it isn't SF4 this time, it's bound to be announced later on.

I've aquired new hope for 2D games now with the introduction of high definition graphics(clear enough for ya? ). I'm hoping to see a lot of new HD 2D games being announced by various other companies, not just CAPCOM.

Most amazing jew boots
Slayer X

Member 1205

Level 33.36

Mar 2006

Old Jul 5, 2007, 10:38 AM #31 of 49
Well I've been surprised with this PS2 generation of all the 2D games that have actually brought these 3D behemouths to their knees. These games are (mostly) beautiful, which simply puzzles/excites me as to what companies like Capcom, Sammy, SNK, NIS and Atlus will be able to do this PS3/360 generation.

Games like;

Odin Sphere
Grim Grimoire
KoF XI (PAL not JAP)
[and more...]

Probably the things that I want 2D fighters to do this most this gen are...

1) Guilty Gear's next installment to have animation as fluid as SF3
2) For any or all games to have sprites as high res or higher then GG's
3) For an original impressive fighting series. (both a 2D one and a 3D one)

FELIPE NO
tcgiant
Larry Oji, Super Moderator, Judge, "Dirge for the Follin" Project Director, VG Frequency Creator

Member 23102

Level 1.00

Jul 2007

Old Jul 8, 2007, 12:08 PM #32 of 49
I'd pay to see a new JoJo fighter.

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
Nick
Now there'll be some quiet in this town.

Member 2268

Level 4.94

Mar 2006

Old Jul 12, 2007, 07:42 PM #33 of 49
I really hope Sammy stays out of this one. Guilty Gear has more or less become the inspiration for doujin fighters, and while long combos and air dashing were fun for a while it's getting old.

Jam it back in, in the dark.
Killing is a dangerous job, after all. I have to make it pay.
guyinrubbersuit
The Lotus Eater

Member 628

Level 30.15

Mar 2006

Old Jul 12, 2007, 11:45 PM Local time: Jul 12, 2007, 09:45 PM #34 of 49
Well I've been surprised with this PS2 generation of all the 2D games that have actually brought these 3D behemouths to their knees.

In terms of what? Sales? Content? Fanboyitis?

Until I see more information on this game, I really don't care about it. Hopefully it'll turn out good, whatever it is.

Golfdish from Hell
Screaming for Vengeance

Member 632

Level 40.53

Mar 2006

Old Jul 12, 2007, 11:54 PM #35 of 49
I really hope Sammy stays out of this one. Guilty Gear has more or less become the inspiration for doujin fighters, and while long combos and air dashing were fun for a while it's getting old.
I noticed that a lot of doujin games were similar (air dashing, double-jumping as a standard). I thought the depth and comparative balance of Guilty Gear has made Capcom's later fighters look pretty limited. Roman Cancels were the best fighting game mechanic I've seen in recent years...They take ages to learn and get used to, but they open the door for so much fun stuff to pull off. Sammy's issue is they may have used all their best chickens in Reload (or Slash or whatever), so it'll be interesting to see if they can pull something new out of their hats. I'll gladly take GGXX with a new set of characters to learn, new music, and online play that doesn't suck. I have some faith in Capcom's new fighter, but I don't have a large number of choices either...

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
I'm taking over this town...
I'm screaming for vengenace...
I'm shouting at the devil...
I'm not dead and I'm not for sale...
Ain't lookin' for nothin' but a good time...
Rotorblade
Holy Chocobo

Member 22205

Level 32.07

Apr 2007

Old Jul 18, 2007, 10:39 AM Local time: Jul 18, 2007, 08:39 AM #36 of 49
http://img396.imageshack.us/my.php?i...3939189kv3.jpg

Rumors about it being the Sengoku Basara fighter are true. I'VE NEVER BEEN SO PUMPED ABOUT NOT BUYING A GAME, THOUGH!

Outta here.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
Kesubei
Puzzle Person

Member 971

Level 17.04

Mar 2006

Old Jul 18, 2007, 11:22 AM Local time: Jul 18, 2007, 12:22 PM #37 of 49
Interesting. I never played the Sengoku Basara series, but this should be some fun regardless. I don't see Arc System Works' name anywhere on that scan, so maybe they aren't involved after all?

I was speaking idiomatically.

Sword Familiar
uhu

Member 1159

Level 16.67

Mar 2006

Old Jul 18, 2007, 02:15 PM Local time: Jul 18, 2007, 08:15 PM #38 of 49
Well that certainly killed the hype.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
guyinrubbersuit
The Lotus Eater

Member 628

Level 30.15

Mar 2006

Old Jul 18, 2007, 06:06 PM Local time: Jul 18, 2007, 04:06 PM #39 of 49
Wow that game looks very Guilty Gearish.

And I know absolutely nothing about the series they're basing this off of so my excitement level has not changed.

FELIPE NO
SimDaddyGT
Rage Prower

Member 92

Level 23.72

Mar 2006

Old Jul 18, 2007, 07:10 PM Local time: Jul 18, 2007, 07:10 PM #40 of 49
I'm just praying Scorpio doesn't go around screaming "MY LORD!!! MY LOOOORRDDDD!!!"" every fucking time you pick or fight him. He was one of the better characters from Devil Kings, but really, probably the most annoying.

surasshu
Stupid monkey!

Member 28

Level 31.10

Mar 2006

Old Jul 18, 2007, 07:14 PM Local time: Jul 19, 2007, 02:14 AM #41 of 49
I also have no idea what Sengoku Basara is, but I have to say that I'm not hugely excited by the screenshots on that scan. I mean, I'm still excited to get a 2D fighter, and one that hopefully adheres to Capcom's extremely good balance and flow, but these character designs don't really wow me and the screenshots look too much like an adjusted Guilty Gear.

Hopefully something comes along to change my mind though!

Slayer X

Member 1205

Level 33.36

Mar 2006

Old Jul 18, 2007, 09:08 PM #42 of 49
@guyinrubbersuit
The quote of yours of what I said earlier was in refference to frames-per-second. However Odin Sphere did five game retailers a run for their money to keep it in stock when it came out.

But yeah, I can officially say that this is the most disapointing news I've heard in a while.

guyinrubbersuit
The Lotus Eater

Member 628

Level 30.15

Mar 2006

Old Jul 18, 2007, 11:34 PM Local time: Jul 18, 2007, 09:34 PM #43 of 49
@guyinrubbersuit
The quote of yours of what I said earlier was in refference to frames-per-second. However Odin Sphere did five game retailers a run for their money to keep it in stock when it came out.

I wouldn't say that's bringing 3D behemoths to their knees but it is a good thing to be sold out. Sure most games can't say the same, but they generally have enough stock to go around.

So what is Sengoku Basara? I take it it's never been officially translated for the States?

How ya doing, buddy?
Dizzy
The Latin Cockroach

Member 729

Level 16.74

Mar 2006

Old Jul 19, 2007, 12:23 AM Local time: Jul 19, 2007, 02:23 AM #44 of 49
So what is Sengoku Basara? I take it it's never been officially translated for the States?
Actually, it was. It was known here as "Devil Kings". A "man vs. army" type of game, like Dynasty Warriors. I never liked those type of games, but Devil Kings was pretty addictive. The characters were charismatic and the game had some hilarious moments.

I was kinda hoping to see SF4, but this doesn't look that bad either. As someone already said, it looks totally GuiltyGearish...

How ya doing, buddy?

| XBL: Dizzy4U | PSN: Dizzy4U |
| GFF ¡En Español! | My YouTube |
Monkey King
Gentleman Shmupper

Member 848

Level 30.62

Mar 2006

Old Jul 20, 2007, 04:51 AM Local time: Jul 20, 2007, 03:51 AM #45 of 49
So this is going to be a fighting game based on a non-fighting game series? One that's kind of obscure to begin with? I really wonder about Capcom sometimes.

I was speaking idiomatically.
Slayer X

Member 1205

Level 33.36

Mar 2006

Old Jul 20, 2007, 06:22 AM #46 of 49
Capcom USA is pretty consistant with good games. Then of course there was Clover who never had a bad game. But yeah, Capcom Japan is hard to predict at times.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
Kesubei
Puzzle Person

Member 971

Level 17.04

Mar 2006

Old Jul 20, 2007, 10:33 AM Local time: Jul 20, 2007, 11:33 AM #47 of 49
Quoting myself.

... Capcom's Sengoku Basara series (Devil Kings!? WTF?), which is based on the Warring States period of Japanese history.
Everyone in Japan, even if they haven't played the Sengoku Basara series, knows at least a little something about the Sengoku period. Non-Japanese gamers like us may know nothing about it, but it's not like this game is intended to be played outside Japan anyway.

It looks more Arc than Capcom, so I'm skepical already.

The official site is now up: http://www.capcom.co.jp/basara-x/

Music isn't terrible but it sounds like something from Naruto, traditional instruments aside. Theme song by T.M. Revolution (EDIT: This is the same song used for the original Sengoku Basara).

EDIT: Also interesting (to me, anyway) is that this games runs on Namco's System 246 hardware, which is basically a Playstation 2.

How ya doing, buddy?

Last edited by Kesubei; Jul 20, 2007 at 10:49 AM.
Elixir
Banned

Member 54

Level 45.72

Mar 2006

Old Jul 20, 2007, 11:05 AM Local time: Jul 21, 2007, 05:05 AM #48 of 49
Actually, it was. It was known here as "Devil Kings". A "man vs. army" type of game, like Dynasty Warriors. I never liked those type of games, but Devil Kings was pretty addictive. The characters were charismatic and the game had some hilarious moments.

I was kinda hoping to see SF4, but this doesn't look that bad either. As someone already said, it looks totally GuiltyGearish...
Yeah, Sengoku Basara was translated (poorly) into English and released as Devil Kings. They entirely removed the story and meaning of the first game, and just made it a mindless hack n slash Dynasty Warriors clone.

I own Sengoku Basara 2. I haven't played much of it, but it's basically the same thing as Dynasty Warriors. Go through a level killing thousands (literally thousands) of guys, make your way to a boss, kill the boss, gain experience and move on.

It has the whole RPG shit of "levelling up plus items plus techniques plus abilities" which makes for replay value. I guess a fighter is simply based off the previous two games.

(There's also a Sengoku Basara monthly comic.)

chato
Prime Spark

Member 232

Level 39.22

Mar 2006

Old Jul 20, 2007, 11:47 AM #49 of 49
Pretty badass website they got there. The title design resembles Megaman ZX which isn't a bad thing . I only hope we get more characters in that roster because 10 is not enough =/. Overall it aint too bad. I still need to see some videos and all that stuff. I haven't played a recent 2d fighter since games like MBA Cadenza,Hokuto no Ken , Arcana Hearts and GG:AC is getting boring..etc.

Last edited by chato; Jul 20, 2007 at 11:53 AM.

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming > [Arcade] Capcom Japan can't take it anymore