Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

[Arcade] DDR SuperNOVA

Chaotic
Waltz of the Big Dogs

Member 633

Level 45.75

Mar 2006

Old Jan 13, 2007, 11:16 PM #201 of 216
Yeah, but at least it's cheaper than Ultramix 3...

I only like a couple of songs in Ultramix 4... Other than that, the selection is weak.

Jam it back in, in the dark.
Malice Mizer
Beast of Blood

Member 1419

Level 3.52

Mar 2006

Old Jan 14, 2007, 12:25 AM Local time: Jan 14, 2007, 12:25 AM #202 of 216
What made me happy in the game is Blue Impulse and Paranoia Survivor Max, and a few other random songs that were neat I guess. <_<

(even though I was hoping for maybe Fascination MAXX)

There's nowhere I can't reach.
Chaotic
Waltz of the Big Dogs

Member 633

Level 45.75

Mar 2006

Old Jan 14, 2007, 11:10 AM #203 of 216
I particularly liked Go!, There's a Rhythm, Grandolin... Most of the winners of the contest.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
DDRMacintosh
Larry Oji, Super Moderator, Judge, "Dirge for the Follin" Project Director, VG Frequency Creator

Member 18698

Level 1.21

Jan 2007

Old Jan 23, 2007, 08:56 PM #204 of 216
My absolute favourite song on SuperNOVA is Flower on Doubles Heavy. That song simply rocks, and it's crazy addictive. Honey Punch is ok, but it's too J Pop-ey for me. It's nice to see they added Paranoia Respect in, but still I'm disappointed Konami has yet to integrate Hands into DDR yet, after all they own the rights to ITG now.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
SimDaddyGT
Rage Prower

Member 92

Level 23.72

Mar 2006

Old Jan 24, 2007, 04:02 PM Local time: Jan 24, 2007, 04:02 PM #205 of 216
Well, DDR SuperNOVA is out in Japan as of today, damn timeline bullshit. There's a songlist set up on a website, however, it's not one that I've ever heard of, nor do I trust, not to mention the language is mostly question marks.

Anyway, I should get my copy in either Saturday or next week, depends, because I also ordered the OST, so it might not come til Monday. Gimme a week and I should have all the songs unlocked and will put up a full list.

I was speaking idiomatically.
Malice Mizer
Beast of Blood

Member 1419

Level 3.52

Mar 2006

Old Jan 25, 2007, 01:06 PM Local time: Jan 25, 2007, 01:06 PM #206 of 216
Song list
Course list

They got DanDanDo, that makes me happy.

Trim too as a boss song in place of MAX 300 SMMM.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
Blades Of Ice
=O

Member 6689

Level 7.53

May 2006

Old Jan 25, 2007, 08:09 PM #207 of 216
Greetings. Purchased DDR Supernova and the pad that comes with it in that special bundle. Running into a few technical problems.

First off, the start and select button seem to push themselves and are sensitive to the mat being ruffled all the way from the otherside. Also, I'll start a song - and then the entire game will reset from the soft reset going off on the pad. Not to mention that the game will often bring up the "failure" screen before the song even starts.

Very, very strange. Either I need to return this to store... or disable a certain function.

How ya doing, buddy?
DDRMacintosh
Larry Oji, Super Moderator, Judge, "Dirge for the Follin" Project Director, VG Frequency Creator

Member 18698

Level 1.21

Jan 2007

Old Jan 27, 2007, 12:05 AM #208 of 216
Your problems are exactly why I despise and will never use a soft pad. If you are going to be home consoling DDR for a while, and want to get really seriously in Heavy, get a RedOctane metal pad or CobaltFlux. It's money well spent if you make use of it.

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
Chaotic
Waltz of the Big Dogs

Member 633

Level 45.75

Mar 2006

Old Jan 27, 2007, 12:46 AM #209 of 216
Or if you wanna save money on an Iggy Pad or a CF. Get the Pelican version of the Ignition pad. They work like a charm and the foam is MUCH softer than the Iggy pad.

Jam it back in, in the dark.
SimDaddyGT
Rage Prower

Member 92

Level 23.72

Mar 2006

Old Jan 31, 2007, 12:39 PM Local time: Jan 31, 2007, 12:39 PM #210 of 216
Originally Posted by Bemanistyle Headline
Betson's Executive Vice President of Sales, Bob Boals, also announces that a content update will be coming in the summer. Approximately 200 to 300 new songs will be added with accompanying new dance steps.
Now, there's a lot of talk going on in the forums, both at BMS and DDRFreak, and I'm sure DDRUK, too. However, I've only been checking out the talk at BMS, because that's where it's updated.

People are saying it's gotta be a typo, and that 200-300 songs is inaccurate and ridiculous for an update, that it'll probably only be 20-30 songs, or 2-3 songs. There are people, however, saying that 200-300 sounds right, especially since Konami now owns ITG. But then, you have more people saying that Konami only owns the name ITG and not everything from the ITG franchise (songs, etc.), so not to hope for or expect any ITG songs filling the slots.

Honestly, if 200-300 were the case, it would be insanely hard to fit 500-600 songs on a single kit. As I've stated before, a disc can only hold 4.7 GB.

And frankly, I don't wanna see ITG songs on a DDR game, not just because of the ridiculous stepcharts (Expert charts, anyway), but because I didn't really like a lot of the ITG songs. Sure, I know that Konami would redo all the charts since they don't use mines or hands, but it's not something I want to see.

Now, there is hope for more songs from other Bemani games, especially now that IIDX 13 Distorted and IIDX 14 GOLD are around..., well, GOLD will be out in less than 2 weeks. Also, there's a new Pop'n Music from what I understand, and a new GF/DM set. Plus, I'm sure Konami has some KO's hidden in a vault somewhere. And I'm sure the Ultramix games are considered as well.

Frankly, though, this isn't something to start arguing about right now, because it's only been announced by one guy, and summer's still far from now, so there will be plenty updates if it's confirmed.

There's nowhere I can't reach.

Last edited by SimDaddyGT; Jan 31, 2007 at 12:40 PM. Reason: Missed something.
SimDaddyGT
Rage Prower

Member 92

Level 23.72

Mar 2006

Old Feb 25, 2007, 03:25 PM Local time: Feb 25, 2007, 03:25 PM #211 of 216
I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but..

Quote:
There is an unfortunate bit of news to report. It appears that the boss songs in DDR SuperNOVA (and presumably DS SuperNOVA) are not meant to see the light of normal play:

The reason why they have 4 "boss songs" is because of the E-Amuse software. Since the machines in the US do not have that capability, we are without the other songs.

No news of using unlock codes either.

(Thanks to warl0k.)
Such a shame, since I can actually pass CHAOS on Expert now. I was also hoping to play Healing-D-Vision in normal mode. Ah, well. I have a working Blueshark and both regions of SuperNOVA on PS2.

Still, though, for everyone else, it sucks.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
Malice Mizer
Beast of Blood

Member 1419

Level 3.52

Mar 2006

Old Feb 25, 2007, 04:18 PM Local time: Feb 25, 2007, 04:18 PM #212 of 216
They could always bring out update discs someday to unlock them before we get SN2.

Who knows. All it takes is Konami not being lazy. D;

How ya doing, buddy?
SimDaddyGT
Rage Prower

Member 92

Level 23.72

Mar 2006

Old Feb 25, 2007, 04:26 PM Local time: Feb 25, 2007, 04:26 PM #213 of 216
Unfortunately, though, we don't know yet if that update that was announced is an actual SN update disc or SuperNOVA2. I'm almost sure that either way, we'll get the boss songs as Normal Stages.

In the meantime, we can only wait and pray.

I was speaking idiomatically.
Summonmaster
The best exploding rabbit user there is.

Member 695

Level 43.57

Mar 2006

Old Feb 25, 2007, 05:15 PM #214 of 216
So I finally got to play Supernova instead of watching it in five minute bursts. The song list disappointed me, mainly because of the horrendously sizeable amount of mainstream songs. There quite a few old songs (what are you still doing here, Love Shine!?), and of the new songs, there are only a few that I liked. The red songs are awesome though! I want the mp3 of Healing D-Vision now.

I also like in Chaos how you twitch because of all of those deceitful freezes in the stepcharts. As well, I like the insane air and the clapping to accompany Fascination Max. I thought: "you need to be an asian tap dancer! How the eff do you do this, even if you were to hold the bar!?"

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?

Last edited by Summonmaster; Feb 25, 2007 at 05:24 PM.
Malice Mizer
Beast of Blood

Member 1419

Level 3.52

Mar 2006

Old Feb 25, 2007, 08:46 PM Local time: Feb 25, 2007, 08:46 PM #215 of 216
Unfortunately, though, we don't know yet if that update that was announced is an actual SN update disc or SuperNOVA2. I'm almost sure that either way, we'll get the boss songs as Normal Stages.

In the meantime, we can only wait and pray.
Quote:
M: Foreign sites report that the next DDR will have 200-300 new songs, but...?
O: No, there shouldn't have been anything like that in any of our press releases... (confused)
in an interview with the DDR producer Oota. the 200-300 song update rumor pretty much got shot down there.

FELIPE NO
Kloak
*~Kloaking In Affect~*

Member 3266

Level 12.01

Mar 2006

Old Feb 26, 2007, 01:11 PM #216 of 216
Meh, DDR is just getting more and more disappointing as time goes by. Home versions having to many main stream tracks, Boss songs can't be played unless you AA something on heavy then chaos could be played only if you A your Boss song. No word of unlocking, SuperNova 2 not going to have as many new songs as we though, they have the license for ITG format but not even using it I mean c'mon...

Konami can do alot of things they just don't want to anymore...I really hope they let creators of ITG do something because DDR...is known as shit now to me...

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming > [Arcade] DDR SuperNOVA