Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

[Arcade] DDR SuperNOVA

cubed
Knock knock who's there? Me! I keel you!

Member 858

Level 27.57

Mar 2006

Old Jul 26, 2006, 08:33 PM #76 of 216
It's a 9. But a decent 9. Not a Cartoon Heroes, if you know what I mean. I just wish it could have more fast streams.

EDIT: Oh on Difficult.... it's a 6 on Difficult and a 9 on Expert. No Challenge step either At least DoLL on Challenge is really cool.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?

---------------{ Currently playing }--
... Nothing.... really.

-----------------------{ Last rips }--
Trauma Center New Blood (Wii)
Trauma Center Second Opinion (Wii)
Planet Puzzle League (DS)

---{ Currently in ripping progress }--
Dragoneer's Aria (PSP)
Professor Layton and the Curious Village (DS)

-----------{ Other stuffs about me }--
My VGM Collection
(last update: mar. 03, 2008)

--------------------------------------

Last edited by cubed; Jul 26, 2006 at 08:36 PM.
Kuhazan
Chocobo

Member 2170

Level 11.38

Mar 2006

Old Jul 27, 2006, 01:51 PM #77 of 216
Well I've been playing mostly Xepher and Knock Out Regrets... haha those two are my most overplayed songs... I'd play Tino's White Horse if the steps didn't suck... but they do... so yeah...

Most amazing jew boots
SimDaddyGT
Rage Prower

Member 92

Level 23.72

Mar 2006

Old Jul 27, 2006, 05:22 PM Local time: Jul 27, 2006, 05:22 PM #78 of 216
Yeah, I'm gonna have to get used to the difficulties being called Basic, Difficult, and Expert. Oh, well, some things have to change.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
Kuhazan
Chocobo

Member 2170

Level 11.38

Mar 2006

Old Jul 28, 2006, 01:56 PM #79 of 216
Well they're still the same color as Standard/Heavy and the rest... so it's not like it's that different.

FELIPE NO
SimDaddyGT
Rage Prower

Member 92

Level 23.72

Mar 2006

Old Jul 28, 2006, 06:20 PM Local time: Jul 28, 2006, 06:20 PM #80 of 216
No, not really that different, but for me, I have to get used to it, jumping between DDR, Pump, and ITG like crazy. It was like this when we had 4th Mix at our arcade and I was already playing the PS2 games at home, getting the difficulty names mixed up (This was around 3 years ago, mind you).

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
K_ Takahashi
Banned

Member 2103

Level 26.24

Mar 2006

Old Jul 29, 2006, 01:00 PM #81 of 216
I hate how around the first $10 I was unaware on how to get to the all music mode,

no wonder why I couldnt find Holic on the expert mode.....

Jam it back in, in the dark.
SimDaddyGT
Rage Prower

Member 92

Level 23.72

Mar 2006

Old Aug 30, 2006, 12:12 AM Local time: Aug 30, 2006, 12:12 AM #82 of 216
All right, time for a revival update.

While I never gave my opinion on SuperNOVA yet, I'm gonna get to it in a sec. FIRST, I have an update for the US PS2 release coming out on 9/27.

Originally Posted by Gamespot
Partial Songlist:
Battle Without Honor or Humanity - Tomoyasu Hotei
Centerfold (130 BPM move it remix) - Captain Jack
Come Clean - NM feat. Susan Z
Curus - D-crew
Dance, Dance - Fall Out Boy
Do You Want To - Franz Ferdinand
Flow (True Style) - Scotty D. revisits U1
Fly Away - ChiyoTia
Freckles (KCP Re-Edit) - Tiggy
Funkytown - Lipps, Inc.
Girls Just Wanna Have Fun - Cyndi Lauper
Heaven Is a Place on Earth (German Election Mix) - Julia
Hit 'n' Slap - Asletics
Jerk It Out - Caesars
L.E.F. (Loud Electronic Ferocious) - Ferry Corsten
Let's Dance - David Bowie
Mr. Dabada (Groove Wonder Remix) - Carlos Jean
My Only Shining Star - Naoki feat. Becky Lucinda
No. 13 - Taka respect for J.S.B
Peace - BeForU
Robogirl - The Crystal Method
Shivers (Radio Edit) - Armin van Buuren
Shout - Lulu
Since U Been Gone - Kelly Clarkson
Star Gate Heaven - SySF. feat. Donna Burke
The Other Side (radio mix) - Paul van Dyk feat. Wayne Jackson
True Love - Jun
Turn On the Music (Axwell Radio Edit) - Roger Sanchez
Video Killed The Radio Star - The Buggles
Xepher - Tatsh
It's got True Love. I'm happy. It's got Heaven Is A Place On Earth (German Election Mix). I'm happy. It's got songs I hate beyond belief like Since U Been Gone, VKTRS, and artists I hate, like Franz Ferdinand. Once I play those songs in Stellar Mode, I'll never have to play them again, and that's all I've got to say about that.

Okay, now for my SN AC review.

First, the song selection: SO HAPPY BUTTERFLY, COWGIRL, AND SPEED OVER BEETHOVEN ARE GONE!!! NOOBISTS IN HOUMA WILL SUFFER!! Thank you, Jesus!! Okay, that's outta the system.

The songs in Yellow (a.k.a., licenses) are not the best songs I've heard. In fact, I don't really care for any of them. The Speed Mix for DRM woulda sufficed instead of the original.

The Purples: very sweet add-ons to DDR. I don't recall hearing any of these anywhere before, but I gotta say they caught my attention really fast, including Flowers and True Love. Good job with these, Konami.

The Greens: Sounds like all of these were cross-overs from BM IIDX, and there's nothing wrong with that at all, especially since a good bit of them rock, such as AA, DRIVIN' (love that song), Nijiiro, and Red Zone. The others are awesome, too, but I forgot them all already.

The Aquas: All of which are CS cross-overs. You can't get any better than this, I'm afraid. The only thing that bugged me was that songs from Extreme 2 that were also on Strike, such as Polovtsian, Passion of Love, and Seduction, were considered Strike cross-overs, and not Extreme 2 cross-overs. I mean, come on. We exposed the songs first on our home consoles.

Now the rest.

Interface/Engine/whatever: I love what they've done to it. The techno-like space-like engine is a sweet add-on. It's so crisp and beautiful.

Gameplay: Well, it's DDR. It's not Pump it Up, it's not ITG (Especially not ITG), it's plain, old, better-than-everything-else DDR. Simple, easy, and FUN!!

Oh, and only a couple songs were off-sync, but they weren't songs I'm real big on, except Polovtsian Dance and Chorus. That was the only song I noticed sync-lag that pissed me off.

The Cabinet: Well, it's nothing really new. You have your standard coin/speaker cabinet, your standard monitor, the Marquee at the top with the 4 lights on each side. However, the light-color change is cool.

I guess that's pretty much it. My rating: 10/10. Sure, the only problem was a little off-syncing and almost all the licenses sucking ass, but there were plenty more songs to play, and one or two good songs with bad syncing won't stop me from having fun.

There's nowhere I can't reach.
Kuhazan
Chocobo

Member 2170

Level 11.38

Mar 2006

Old Aug 30, 2006, 02:35 AM #83 of 216
Now that we've had the game for a month and I've spent sometime with it I guess I'll write a full review...

Interface :

I still dislike the lack of many sorting options and having to choose all music... especially when it's all the way past the oni-course selection... Also I don't like the leveling system... you can't tell me Xepher or Sakura is in the same class as Paranoia Survivor Max... the levels need to go higher than 10 to give it more accuracy.
6/10

Steps :

~Concerning new content only~
Most of the step charts seem kind of dull or lacking but there are some that stand out... there are no choregraphed step charts so once again Konami gives freestyle the shaft :eyebrow:
5/10

Graphics :

Really depends on what song you play... I like the IIDX cross over videos and songs with animations or the music video to go to them... however not having the music video for older songs like True (which had it in PS2 Max) is unforgivable!!... The dancers just make me not want to look at the screen at all... they're rather annoying... and so is the fact that the setting is always on a cube or hexagon in a room full of those lights and polygons that spin around in the games menus... ugh
6/10

Music :

~Licensced~ 2/10
Most of these are crappy but hey... Surrender your love by Javine sounds nice and isn't one of those songs with a bad step chart.

~Konami Originals~ 7/10
Nothing out of the ordinary here... which is a good thing for some but a bad thing for me... I look for variety in music in my music games.

~Cross Overs~ 8/10
The songs from Pop'n Music, IIDX, GF&DM are all great... problem is some of them were poorly edited which brings this down to an 8 instead of a 10

Hardware :

What's basically here is a PS2 with a hard drive and some security features to prevent bootlegging. The pads feel just like the older DDR machines... which is a good thing to some and a bad thing to others... those others being anyone who has played on an Andamiro PIU SX, GX or AM-ITG2 cab. In otherwords the pad design has not been changed for DDR in anyway... of course if they did some people would be bitching about how responsive it is and how easy it is to get an AA as a result (like some did when ITG2 came around)
8/10

Sound :

The sound effects are purely annoying as hell... especially if the volume is loud... I mean like almost person scratching a board with finger nails bad...
1/10

Gameplay :

Gameplay is sometimes hindered by randomly loaded off sync step charts... guess this wasn't an apparent problem until they made the timing window tight as hell... which I don't like either. Also the game offers nothing outside of the standard gameplay modes... the battle mode is just a revived magic dance from Disney mix... you cannot control when you unleash an attack so it's about as relevant as having random mods on... This could have use the variety of play styles DDR Ultramix 2 introduced... the machine could have also used a 51" DLP monitor and 4 pads instead of two...
5/10

Overall :

This game wasn't complete when it got out the doors... but it's not a complete glitch tastic piece of crap either

7/10

(Will update when update disc is out and installed)

Most amazing jew boots
SimDaddyGT
Rage Prower

Member 92

Level 23.72

Mar 2006

Old Sep 7, 2006, 04:48 AM Local time: Sep 7, 2006, 04:48 AM #84 of 216
And this, my friends, is what the US SuperNOVA case image will look like.

http://image.com.com/gamespot/images...7658_front.jpg

Of course, this is the bundle picture, but it's damn near close enough.

Where's the darkness, Konami? Where is my dark background? SuperNOVA is supposed to be a dark, space-like, futuristic game. Why a white background?

Oh, and I checked the Gateway, and apparently SuperNOVA has a release date in Japan, somewhere, sometime, but I can't tell if it's posted or not, because it's all in Japanese.

SimDaddyGT
Rage Prower

Member 92

Level 23.72

Mar 2006

Old Sep 14, 2006, 05:43 PM Local time: Sep 14, 2006, 05:43 PM #85 of 216
Sorry for the double, but there's been an update.

The DDR SuperNOVA Limited Edition Music Sampler has been released, or, it's on its way to game stores right now, I don't know. All I know is, the songlist looks pretty damn decent.

Quote:
01. ELECTRO BREAKS - L.E.F. (Loud Electronic Ferocious) - Ferry Corsten
02. HYPER EUROBEAT - Can't Stop Fallin' In Love ~Super Euro Version~ - NAOKI feat. Paula Terry
03. EURO TRANCE - My Only Shining Star - NAOKI feat. Becky Lucinda
04. HYPER JAPANESQUE - Mugen - TЁЯRA
05. ETHNO JUNGLE - Matsuri (J-Summer Mix) - RE-VENGE
06. REGGAE POP - Flow (Jammin' Ragga Mix) - Scotty D. revisits U1
07. J-HAPPY HARDCORE - LOVE♡SHINE - Riyu Kosaka
08. HYPER EUROBEAT - Dynamite Rave ~Super Euro Version~ - NAOKI feat. Paula Terry
09. INTELLIGENT DRUM'N BASS - Trim - Kobo
10. CLUBSTYLE - TRUE♡LOVE (Clubstar's True Club Mix) - jun
11. EPIC TRANCE - My Only Shining Star (Danceforce Dance To Death Mix) - NAOKI feat. Becky Lucinda
12. PROGRESSIVE TRANCE - INNOCENCE OF SILENCE (The Sparky Forbidden Remix) - nc feat. NRG Factory
13. ATMOSPHERIC TRANCE - Flow (Unique's Direction Mix) - Scotty D. revisits U1
14. HARD TECHNO - Fascination MAXX (Cally & Juice's Maxximum Overload Mix) - 100-200-400
15. CHILLOUT - Star Gate Heaven (Fracus' Crazy Chill Mix) - SySF feat. Donna Burke
Konami, where the fuck is RED ZONE??? I WANT RED ZONE!!!

Anyway, glue your eyes to this while I check on Japan's release date for SuperNOVA on PS2.... CRAP!!! Not until sometime next year!!!

ONE MORE THING!!! Update discs for DDR SuperNOVA AC have been shipped to arcades with SuperNOVA machines. Sync problems should be completely rectified. I wonder what song they mentioned adding to the disc....

I was speaking idiomatically.

Last edited by SimDaddyGT; Sep 14, 2006 at 05:46 PM.
Chaotic
Waltz of the Big Dogs

Member 633

Level 45.75

Mar 2006

Old Sep 16, 2006, 02:14 AM #86 of 216
It's called Facination ~Eternal Love Mix~... Just another remix of Facination Maxx. That's the new song...

A video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=07nYydU5ICg

Reminds me of Disconnected.

And I was looking at the UM4 list, I noticed DM Ashura's song... Anyone know what contest winner song is in this one?

Last edited by Chaotic; Sep 16, 2006 at 02:19 AM.
cubed

Member 858

Level 27.57

Mar 2006

Old Sep 17, 2006, 12:03 AM #87 of 216
so now the trend is to put stops everywhere (referring to the new song's stepchart). great.... NOT

FELIPE NO

... Nothing.... really.

Dragoneer's Aria (PSP)

My VGM Collection

SimDaddyGT
Rage Prower

Member 92

Level 23.72

Mar 2006

Old Sep 17, 2006, 12:43 AM Local time: Sep 17, 2006, 12:43 AM #88 of 216
Yeah, that chart does look kinda dull. I think Konami's getting scared of ITG, so they're making harder 10's, more retarded 10's.

How ya doing, buddy?
nanstey
CONSTANT VIGILANCE!!!

Member 902

Level 10.66

Mar 2006

Old Sep 17, 2006, 12:06 PM Local time: Sep 17, 2006, 12:06 PM #89 of 216
I just got done listening to the sampler - it's pretty solid, just need to play the actual game now. Kinda torn though, I jsut played Guitar Hero for the first time at Wal-Mart, now I want that too. I now understand why people will pay 80 bucks for it...

That which is, is. Sink or swim. - Wiliiam Shakespeare. There is no ignorange, there is knowledge. - From the Code of the Jedi
Kuhazan
Chocobo

Member 2170

Level 11.38

Mar 2006

Old Sep 21, 2006, 09:53 PM #90 of 216
Our machine gets the update patch installed tomorrow... I'm going to check out the update patch tomorrow.

Most amazing jew boots
Chaotic
Waltz of the Big Dogs

Member 633

Level 45.75

Mar 2006

Old Sep 22, 2006, 08:53 PM #91 of 216
I'm just waiting on my arcade to get the new SuperNOVA machine... Personally, I can't wait, but it better have the update disc when they get it.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
SimDaddyGT
Rage Prower

Member 92

Level 23.72

Mar 2006

Old Sep 22, 2006, 10:40 PM Local time: Sep 22, 2006, 10:40 PM #92 of 216
I don't wanna say "don't count on it", but if the machine is being shipped straight from wherever the hell the HQ is, then chances are, you'll have the update disc.

Only 5 days left until the PS2 release. God, I'm getting edgyyyyy.

Cheezeman3000
Master of Music

Member 1037

Level 13.58

Mar 2006

Old Sep 23, 2006, 09:29 PM Local time: Sep 23, 2006, 07:29 PM #93 of 216
Personally, I am a HUGE fan of stops 'cause they feel awesome AND go with the music. I actually think that every time the music stops they should throw a stop into the step chart because then it would really follow the music like it should be followed. Seriously, it just feels awkward watching stuff fly by when there's no music (Can't Stop Falling In Love... one of the older mixes... prime example). Oh, and that new mix of Fascination is amazing... I can't wait to try it out!

I was speaking idiomatically.
Chaotic
Waltz of the Big Dogs

Member 633

Level 45.75

Mar 2006

Old Sep 27, 2006, 08:55 PM #94 of 216
Yay! I finally got the game. It's pretty damn good. Nice selection also.

The Extra Stages are as follows:

Easy - MAX 300 (Super-Max-Me-Mix)
Medium - Healing D-Vision
Hard - Facsination Maxx
All Music - Facsination ~eternal love mix~

At least we have the new one in here. HELL of alot easier than the original, but I still haven't passed it yet. Chaos is in this version also...

That stellar mode is pretty cool, there's alot of tasks you have to do... Some easy, some hard. Like specifically getting a song on Roulette mode and passing it. What are the odds of that happenening? It's like getting MAX 300 in DDRMAX.

SimDaddyGT
Rage Prower

Member 92

Level 23.72

Mar 2006

Old Sep 28, 2006, 01:42 AM Local time: Sep 28, 2006, 01:42 AM #95 of 216
Yeah, Stellar Master Mode is giving me a tough time. For some reason, some of the trials never activate when I go play a song. Other than that at this point in time, the game is insane.

You think they put enough 10's in this one?

FELIPE NO
Chaotic
Waltz of the Big Dogs

Member 633

Level 45.75

Mar 2006

Old Sep 28, 2006, 04:56 PM #96 of 216
Um...

Xepher (Oni)
Healing D-Vision
MAX 300 (Super-Max-Me-Mix)
Fascination Maxx
Fascination ~eternal love mix~

Yeah... Seems like enough. I'm gonna have hell with this game.

And Sim, some challenges only work if you play them on the diffuculties that are set to them. And some won't allow mod changes... Or at least I think so.

I haven't finished Popcorn... I'm halfway through Glow, and i'm already done with Urugasi. I have the next three stellar joints, but didn't have enough time to work on them.

This is probably one of the best home versions they've release in a while.

And who agrees with me that Dance, Dance has good heavy steps?

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
cubed

Member 858

Level 27.57

Mar 2006

Old Sep 28, 2006, 05:12 PM #97 of 216
Originally Posted by Chaotic
And who agrees with me that Dance, Dance has good heavy steps?
I will answer that when they're done with the stupid multilanguage booklet for Canadian market -_-

... Nothing.... really.

Dragoneer's Aria (PSP)

My VGM Collection

SimDaddyGT
Rage Prower

Member 92

Level 23.72

Mar 2006

Old Sep 28, 2006, 05:22 PM Local time: Sep 28, 2006, 05:22 PM #98 of 216
I found out about the option restriction on some missions sometime last night after my post.

The Dance, Dance steps are pretty good, I'll give them that. This song, and a few other licenses are not too bad, but then you've got the crappy ones, but oh, well.

I'm on the 7th Planet right now. If I'm not mistaken, there should be 10 planets, the last being some kinda BOSS Planet or something.

Oh, and why in God's name do they want you to end a song with a score "ENDING" in 70?? There's like a 1-in-infinite chance of that happening.

There's nowhere I can't reach.
Chaotic
Waltz of the Big Dogs

Member 633

Level 45.75

Mar 2006

Old Sep 28, 2006, 08:17 PM #99 of 216
I read something on Gamespot that you should at least have 70% Perfects and 30% Greats to possibly land in 70...

Meaning, you have to intentionally suck.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
Kloak
*~Kloaking In Affect~*

Member 3266

Level 12.01

Mar 2006

Old Sep 28, 2006, 10:24 PM #100 of 216
Yeah that 70 thing is kinda pissing me off...and my luck with the whole get 2 female dancers in a row...IS JUST NOT HAPPENING FOR ME AT ALL...been playing for about 1 day now and i'm 10)% done with i think my 4th planet so far...I love the game honestly...

and Dance, Dance does have awesome steps

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming > [Arcade] DDR SuperNOVA