Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

[Arcade] DDR SuperNOVA

Kuhazan
Chocobo

Member 2170

Level 11.38

Mar 2006

Old Jun 28, 2006, 01:06 AM #51 of 216
I think this game got delyed... again... this wait is getting boring... I wish they ordered another music game as well... one that didn't have conflicting release dates...

http://www.konami.com/gs/gameinfo.php?id=176&pid=11

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
SimDaddyGT
Rage Prower

Member 92

Level 23.72

Mar 2006

Old Jun 28, 2006, 11:51 AM Local time: Jun 28, 2006, 11:51 AM #52 of 216
Arrrrgh!!!! You've got to be kidding me!! We've been waiting for this for God knows how long now, and they're pushing it back again?? And wait, don't a few arcades already have it?

*sigh* I just hope this doesn't affect the PS2 SuperNOVA release on 9/13.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
Inhert
The body may heal, the mind is not always so resilient.

Member 225

Level 35.92

Mar 2006

Old Jun 28, 2006, 01:32 PM #53 of 216
anyone has the listing of the song in the ps2 version? (sorry if it was already asked)

because i was thinking of getting extreme2 but now I may wait for supernova if there's more song I like.

I was speaking idiomatically.
Lee-chan
~キラキラ・マジック~

Member 1899

Level 15.73

Mar 2006

Old Jun 28, 2006, 03:38 PM #54 of 216
Originally Posted by SimDaddyGT
Arrrrgh!!!! You've got to be kidding me!! We've been waiting for this for God knows how long now, and they're pushing it back again?? And wait, don't a few arcades already have it?
I think that a few beta versions of the arcade cabinet were released already... at least, with this news, it's what I can assume.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
Kuhazan
Chocobo

Member 2170

Level 11.38

Mar 2006

Old Jun 28, 2006, 11:30 PM #55 of 216
I'm assuming they're just going to send one of those beta units to arcades that pre-ordered and those that didn't, the release is Winter 2006....

FELIPE NO
SimDaddyGT
Rage Prower

Member 92

Level 23.72

Mar 2006

Old Jul 13, 2006, 07:51 AM Local time: Jul 13, 2006, 07:51 AM #56 of 216
See, now I'm even more angry knowing that they're pushing it back. However, I just checked out the SuperNOVA Gateway, where the official songlist is posted, and I can honestly say, the songlist makes me very happy, yet even more impatient.

http://www.konami.jp/bemani/ddr/sn/

There's the gateway, showing the songlist and the courses for all 3 versions.

And SPEED OVER BEETHOVEN IS GONE!!!!! Someone finally felt my pain!!

(now, if I can just prevent n00bs, emos, and little kids from playing Golden Sky over and over in place of Butterfly)

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
Taco
inaccurate

Member 740

Level 26.23

Mar 2006

Old Jul 13, 2006, 08:45 AM #57 of 216
Disneyland in California has a cabinet, I'm not sure if it's beta or not. The timing is off on some songs, and their pads already suck. Ghost-good-madness.

The version of the game looked pretty final though. I liked the IIDX crossovers; AA and Xepher have very fun charts.

My local arcade just ordered a SuperNOVA cabinet, but Betson says they're fixing some bugs before releasing more. Now we're waiting on that and hopefully on their IIDX deal to go through and then we'll have SuperNOVA and Happy Sky.

How ya doing, buddy?
Chaotic
Waltz of the Big Dogs

Member 633

Level 45.75

Mar 2006

Old Jul 13, 2006, 07:34 PM #58 of 216
Ugh... Golden Sky? That was the number 4 song at the machine closest to me. Doesn't Really Matter was the number one song there... Must be all the no0bs there thinking that's the only song they actually know.

I haven't had a whole lot of time to play it, but so far my favorite song is Happy Angel. Might change once I try Dragon Blade.

There's nowhere I can't reach.
SimDaddyGT
Rage Prower

Member 92

Level 23.72

Mar 2006

Old Jul 14, 2006, 10:36 AM Local time: Jul 14, 2006, 10:36 AM #59 of 216
Yeah, I'm sure DRM's gonna be a popular n00b song as well over here. I've got some serious work to do.

And yes, Happy Angel is a really good song, and the Expert (Heavy) stepchart isn't too bad, either.

That reminds me. I'm gonna have to get used to the new difficulty names AGAIN!!!

Chaotic
Waltz of the Big Dogs

Member 633

Level 45.75

Mar 2006

Old Jul 14, 2006, 12:01 PM #60 of 216
I'm still probably gonna refer to the old diffuculty names anyway. This is just the Americanized versions from the first DDR game released here.

Kuhazan
Chocobo

Member 2170

Level 11.38

Mar 2006

Old Jul 17, 2006, 01:25 AM #61 of 216
still waiting to hear back from the local arcade..... they purchased Time Crisis 4... (WASTE!!!) wow...

Chaotic
Waltz of the Big Dogs

Member 633

Level 45.75

Mar 2006

Old Jul 17, 2006, 02:24 AM #62 of 216
They have a Time Crisis 4? What the hell is this world coming to?

I doubt my arcade will get it any time soon. Apparently we don't believe in having two machines at the arcade, when some of the gun games could clearly get louder than the ITG2 machine we have. I just hope someone else near us will actually get it.

I can only pray at this point.

Kuhazan
Chocobo

Member 2170

Level 11.38

Mar 2006

Old Jul 24, 2006, 02:09 AM #63 of 216
Ok so my day of television programming was ruined Saturday by crappy golf so I went to Craig's Cruisers at about 10AM and they had DDR Supernova.... so I was like the first person to play on that machine.... (that didn't work there or something) wow didn't expect that

75 cents per play
3 songs
~No doubles premium~
~No Joint premium

Lame that I can't play doubles for 75 cents.

Ok here is what people need to know :

~THE GAME~

Interface :

After chooseing singles/versus or whatever it asks you to select a difficulty level... DO NOT DO SO. Scroll down to the course selection and there should be something that says All Music. Select that. Otherwise selecting Easy/Medium/Hard will display only songs that are Easy/Medium or Hard.... annoying as hell!

Hold down the start button when you wish to goto the mod menu... double tapping does not work like it does in DDR Extreme and ITG2.

Sorting can only be done ABC/BPM and default... lame... the only way to tell what songs are from different games is to print out the songlist and take it with you... haha

Gameplay :

Stepcharts didn't seem offsync like people were bitching about... at least not the songs I played on Heavy and Challenge :

Flowers-TERRA
Xepher-Tatsh
CURUS-D-crew
Tino's White Horse-Morning Blue Dragon
Nijiiro-DJ YOSHITAKA feat. G.S.C.
KI•SE•KI (DDR edit)-BeForU
Polovtsian Dances And Chorus-Naoto Suzuki feat. Martha
Knock Out Regrets-MAKI@TOGO.BAND

And a few other songs that I can't spot on the songlist I have available without going to the SN website

I played a total of 4 times.

As far as the step charts resembleing actual dances on Standard mode like they're susposed to... nope... Konami still hasn't gotten around to choregraphed steps...

Music :

Definitely more musical variety than any DDR before it... thanks to it borrowing songs from Drummania, Guitar Freaks, IIDX and Pop'n Music.

~THE MACHINE~

No memory card slots... like all the other DDR Supernova machines... maybe this is an add on or something that they charge the arcade even more money for :nope:

The pads are pretty much like the old DDR machine pads, except new and without those fugly giant screws... they are however kind of stiff from being new... and the down panel on the right side seemed to feel odd... as in I could have swore while I was playing it rattled a little and moved a bit.... but nothing to be worried about... yet... it is a cabinet made by Betson so be very afraid of the future.... haha The pads are however not really compareable to PIU SX/GX and ITG2 pads... so you don't get that easy slide from panel to panel.

The screen is a flat CRT... not quite like a Pump it Up GX/ITG2 monitor... but it was clear and certainly 100% better than those things they used on the old cabinets.. It was maybe a 22-25 inch monitor I think.

What I think of it so far :
Flawed but good so far.... But I have yet to try any courses or play the battle mode that I fear will suck so I'll post more Monday.

If you go play Xepher on Challenge... funtastic (and the only hard song I could find thats unlocked.)

FELIPE NO
Chaotic
Waltz of the Big Dogs

Member 633

Level 45.75

Mar 2006

Old Jul 24, 2006, 02:23 AM #64 of 216
Xepher on Challenge? That I must try.

http://www.ddrfreak.com/locations/lo...ate&stateID=32

I'm a NJ player... There are 17 machines in New Jersey alone. It pisses me off that none of them are within walking distance of me. I seriously want to start playing it again. <_<

But my arcade is to elitest to go out and get a new machine after they just got a Dedi-Cab ITG2 machine last year.

Kuhazan
Chocobo

Member 2170

Level 11.38

Mar 2006

Old Jul 24, 2006, 02:30 AM #65 of 216
One of the rental companies here purchased two ITG2s last year... and they are non-profitable... haha... They SHOULD have gotten ONE Pump it Up Zero then used the rest to get a DDR SN... those two would be guarenteed to be profitable...

ITG2s Novice mode probably turns new players off of the game.

Jam it back in, in the dark.
cubed
Knock knock who's there? Me! I keel you!

Member 858

Level 27.57

Mar 2006

Old Jul 24, 2006, 06:28 AM #66 of 216
Originally Posted by Kuhazan
After chooseing singles/versus or whatever it asks you to select a difficulty level... DO NOT DO SO. Scroll down to the course selection and there should be something that says All Music. Select that. Otherwise selecting Easy/Medium/Hard will display only songs that are Easy/Medium or Hard.... annoying as hell!
Actually, I checked with "Difficult" and it's a compilation, but not with all "hard" songs. Brazilian Anthem is in this compilation, but not Daikenkai ? err riiiiiight.

Anyway always play with ALL MUSIC

---------------{ Currently playing }--
... Nothing.... really.

-----------------------{ Last rips }--
Trauma Center New Blood (Wii)
Trauma Center Second Opinion (Wii)
Planet Puzzle League (DS)

---{ Currently in ripping progress }--
Dragoneer's Aria (PSP)
Professor Layton and the Curious Village (DS)

-----------{ Other stuffs about me }--
My VGM Collection
(last update: mar. 03, 2008)

--------------------------------------
Kuhazan
Chocobo

Member 2170

Level 11.38

Mar 2006

Old Jul 24, 2006, 11:47 AM #67 of 216
I assumed it was sorting them to songs that are overall :
Easy
Medium
or Difficult

since when you selected any of those options you got just that... but it does still have some problems there... so yeah...

Chaotic
Waltz of the Big Dogs

Member 633

Level 45.75

Mar 2006

Old Jul 25, 2006, 01:30 AM #68 of 216
Ugh... It took me until my 2nd game to realize that there was an all music mode. But I ended up playing one game on Difficult... None of those songs were impossible though...

SimDaddyGT
Rage Prower

Member 92

Level 23.72

Mar 2006

Old Jul 25, 2006, 02:02 AM Local time: Jul 25, 2006, 02:02 AM #69 of 216
Lafayette just scored a dedcab yesterday morning (Monday). I'm heading out there next week as it is to do some shit before a convention. My original plan was to get in a few rounds of ITG2 on their good machine (had 2 machines, both sucked, but one had a good pad), but they got rid of that one for SuperNOVA, so chances are, I won't be playing ITG2, which is good. I need to get ahead of the Houma competition again in DDR.

ITG2 was 50 cents for 4 songs, whereas SuperNOVA will be a buck for... well, I'll have to wait and see, probably 3 songs.

Kuhazan
Chocobo

Member 2170

Level 11.38

Mar 2006

Old Jul 25, 2006, 01:12 PM #70 of 216
The network connection to the card reader on our machine went down yestarday so it was giving out free plays........ hahaha

Chaotic
Waltz of the Big Dogs

Member 633

Level 45.75

Mar 2006

Old Jul 25, 2006, 06:05 PM #71 of 216
Aw, damn. Lucky.

FELIPE NO
IdleChill
The IceGator

Member 60

Level 20.52

Mar 2006

Old Jul 25, 2006, 08:46 PM Local time: Jul 25, 2006, 08:46 PM #72 of 216
Originally Posted by SimDaddyGT
Lafayette just scored a dedcab yesterday morning (Monday). I'm heading out there next week as it is to do some shit before a convention. My original plan was to get in a few rounds of ITG2 on their good machine (had 2 machines, both sucked, but one had a good pad), but they got rid of that one for SuperNOVA, so chances are, I won't be playing ITG2, which is good. I need to get ahead of the Houma competition again in DDR.

ITG2 was 50 cents for 4 songs, whereas SuperNOVA will be a buck for... well, I'll have to wait and see, probably 3 songs.

Confirmed by me. Since, I'm the one that found it and all.

Sim, we be playing mucho DDR before the con.

SimDaddyGT
Rage Prower

Member 92

Level 23.72

Mar 2006

Old Jul 26, 2006, 01:40 AM Local time: Jul 26, 2006, 01:40 AM #73 of 216
And I had so many plans for learning how to play Wangan Midnight Maximum Tune 2. Hahahahaha!! Oh, well, that's down the drain, well, at least putting more money into that than SuperNOVA is down the drain.

AA, Drivin', Passion of Love, Maria (I Believe...), Nijiiro, Red Zone, Happy Angel, Polovtsian Dance and Chorus, DoLL, MAX 300 Super Max Me Mix, God there's so much I have to play. I don't know where to start.

Jam it back in, in the dark.
cubed
Knock knock who's there? Me! I keel you!

Member 858

Level 27.57

Mar 2006

Old Jul 26, 2006, 11:06 AM #74 of 216
I hope your cab has high volume, cause I don't understand the beat for AA with the one at my local arcade. DoLL Challenge is really cool. I wish Drivin' was harder than that though (as I played so much with the 2 unofficial simfiles).

---------------{ Currently playing }--
... Nothing.... really.

-----------------------{ Last rips }--
Trauma Center New Blood (Wii)
Trauma Center Second Opinion (Wii)
Planet Puzzle League (DS)

---{ Currently in ripping progress }--
Dragoneer's Aria (PSP)
Professor Layton and the Curious Village (DS)

-----------{ Other stuffs about me }--
My VGM Collection
(last update: mar. 03, 2008)

--------------------------------------
SimDaddyGT
Rage Prower

Member 92

Level 23.72

Mar 2006

Old Jul 26, 2006, 05:48 PM Local time: Jul 26, 2006, 05:48 PM #75 of 216
I got the beat downpacked with a couple original simfiles, so I should be good.

How hard is the Difficult stepchart for Drivin', anyway? I need to see that shit.

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming > [Arcade] DDR SuperNOVA