Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

[Multiplatform] Fight Night Round 3

]-Ac3-[

Member 151

Level 5.19

Mar 2006

Old Mar 2, 2006, 03:36 PM #1 of 13
Fight Night Round 3

This game deserves it's own thread. Besides it's absolutely fantastic graphics, it's also got the gameplay to blister your fingers! I baught this the same day it was released and I think it was worth every penny. My gamertag is KarmaAcro so if anyone doesnt' mind a black eye or two then I'd be glad to give them to you

Jam it back in, in the dark.

Trust me, the person posting this has nothing exciting to say.
Tube
Modenator

Member 88

Level 16.94

Mar 2006

Old Mar 2, 2006, 03:44 PM Local time: Mar 2, 2006, 02:44 PM #2 of 13
So far, I gotta admit this game has the most realistic player models I've ever seen in a video game. That said, the absurd amount of blatant advertising is gay as hell, the training options are pathetic (even Ready 2 Rumble had way better), the store is a joke, the game gets old really fast, and the music is fucking disgusting.

Totally worth a rent though.

There's nowhere I can't reach.
]-Ac3-[

Member 151

Level 5.19

Mar 2006

Old Mar 2, 2006, 03:47 PM #3 of 13
Originally Posted by TubeRacer
So far, I gotta admit this game has the most realistic player models I've ever seen in a video game. That said, the absurd amount of blatant advertising is gay as hell, the training options are pathetic (even Ready 2 Rumble had way better), the store is a joke, the game gets old really fast, and the music is fucking disgusting.

Totally worth a rent though.
That's sad you don't like it. The training isn't even the reason to buy it, it's all about MP. If you get real good at it, it starts to grow on you. I play it more then any of my other games. Maybe you're just not a gamer that likes these kind of games. I can definitely respect that

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.

Grundlefield Earth
I'm sorry buddy!

Member 65

Level 32.03

Mar 2006

Old Mar 2, 2006, 03:48 PM Local time: Mar 2, 2006, 03:48 PM #4 of 13
So anyone care to explain how this got a 10 in possibly gay OXM and Oblivion got a 9.5. Oblivion could have been a 9.7 tops I guess since they are on a 20 point review scale now. I mean they gave a 10 on that over all the Splinter Cells and Halos. wtf.

I haven't played it, but that jsut seems crazy.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
]-Ac3-[

Member 151

Level 5.19

Mar 2006

Old Mar 2, 2006, 03:49 PM #5 of 13
Originally Posted by Bahamut Zero
So anyone care to explain how this got a 10 in possibly gay OXM and Oblivion got a 9.5. Oblivion could have been a 9.7 tops I guess since they are on a 20 point review scale now. I mean they gave a 10 on that over all the Splinter Cells and Halos. wtf.

I haven't played it, but that jsut seems crazy.
Are you trying to say Oblivion was released? Holy crap! I'll have to go pick that up today then.

EDIT: maybe they rated it off a pre-review or something? I don't think it's released. I don't understand WHY they rate games that they haven't even tried yet.

I was speaking idiomatically.

Tube
Modenator

Member 88

Level 16.94

Mar 2006

Old Mar 2, 2006, 03:49 PM Local time: Mar 2, 2006, 02:49 PM #6 of 13
Who the hell knows. And yes, I forgot to mention that online multiplayer is actually pretty fun. Fighting computers gets boring faster than very fast boring things do normally. But since I just rented it to get my 1000 gamerscore points, I've been putting more time into career mode so far.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?

Grundlefield Earth
I'm sorry buddy!

Member 65

Level 32.03

Mar 2006

Old Mar 2, 2006, 03:54 PM Local time: Mar 2, 2006, 03:54 PM #7 of 13
Obviously it is not released yet. Check my custom title.

FELIPE NO
Xboxster
Titles? Huh?

Member 110

Level 7.95

Mar 2006

Old Mar 2, 2006, 05:44 PM #8 of 13
Fight Night is awsome. I found some sites that have Create-a-Boxer formulas if anyone is interested. Sadly, this computer only has a link to one site:
http://s3.phpbbforfree.com/forums/fnr3cabsforums.html

I've also tried to make my own:

Me (More muscular and older.)
Sean Connery (Failed)
Pierce Brosnan (Failed)
Agent Smith (The game laughed at me before I even tried.)
Morpheus (Full name Morpheus Morpheus. It's probably my best one.)
Chuck Norris (Doesn't really look like him. I only got the basics down without reference pictures.)

While Create-a-Boxer is great, it's still limiting. There aren't enough options to make people that I want to make.

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
]-Ac3-[

Member 151

Level 5.19

Mar 2006

Old Mar 2, 2006, 11:54 PM #9 of 13
Originally Posted by Xboxster
Fight Night is awsome. I found some sites that have Create-a-Boxer formulas if anyone is interested. Sadly, this computer only has a link to one site:
http://s3.phpbbforfree.com/forums/fnr3cabsforums.html
Nice find

Jam it back in, in the dark.

Zip
Desert Camel

Member 1607

Level 25.92

Mar 2006

Old Mar 4, 2006, 02:37 PM Local time: Mar 4, 2006, 09:37 PM #10 of 13
it's a good game but from a boxing perspective, not that realistic

no homo
Spyer
Yeeeaaaa.

Member 548

Level 18.00

Mar 2006

Old Mar 5, 2006, 02:12 PM #11 of 13
The game has its ups and downs.

Ups:
- amazing graphics
- easy gameplay mechanics
- good music and sounds
- scout option is pretty handy

Downs:
- it seems as if the training doesn't really do much, especially for speed and agility; if you get perfect on training with no mistakes, you can't get full % for the workout
- story goes away fast

And sometimes, you get stuck with the most unexpected people. This one guy I faced, I landed 10 haymakers in a row, and he was still at like half health.

But hey, the game is tough, and so is really boxing. They tried to make it as similar as possible

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
Megalith
24-bit/48kHz

Member 23132

Level 28.40

Mar 2006

Old Mar 11, 2006, 03:37 PM #12 of 13
Can someone tell me why this game looks like CG.

Some nerds were playing it at a kiosk, and I had to get closer just to make sure that they weren't attempting to play what was a video. The graphics were really that good.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
Tube
Modenator

Member 88

Level 16.94

Mar 2006

Old Mar 12, 2006, 03:16 PM Local time: Mar 12, 2006, 02:16 PM #13 of 13
I thought I was watching a real Burger King advertisement.

I was speaking idiomatically.

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming > [Multiplatform] Fight Night Round 3