Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

[Arcade] Arcades: Now & Then

Rotorblade
Holy Chocobo

Member 22205

Level 32.07

Apr 2007

Old Sep 16, 2008, 08:40 AM Local time: Sep 16, 2008, 06:40 AM #26 of 34
No, I'm genuinely curious as to why you're imitating Denicalis all of a sudden.
Oh, so you didn't want an economics lesson! Well, son, when obtuse fails, try the direct approach!

If you really fucking care, which you more than likely don't because I have a pretty decent hunch that you're just bored, why don't you pursue this someplace more appropriate (in before you ask me "Where would be more appropriate?"). Y'know, call me out on whatever it is you think I'm doing there and stop making Infernal waste material on trying to get the topic back in line.

How ya doing, buddy?
Bigblah
Tails is incompetent!

Member 5

Level 45.31

Feb 2006

Old Sep 16, 2008, 09:49 AM Local time: Sep 16, 2008, 10:49 PM #27 of 34
You're right, I don't really fucking care. It's hard to when people with your kind of disposition dominate certain threads.

But still, what did unknown_user say that was so fucking offensive? Within the span of two posts you'd gone from a mild-mannered response to foaming at the mouth. What sort of economic insights did you gain from the engadget article with the obviously sensationalist headline?

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
Rotorblade
Holy Chocobo

Member 22205

Level 32.07

Apr 2007

Old Sep 16, 2008, 10:11 AM Local time: Sep 16, 2008, 08:11 AM #28 of 34
I have a member clearly not reading what I was saying and completely failing at reading comprehension, so I blew him off (no homo, lol). Moreover, it isn't just that one article I based my stance on, it was just the easiest one to supply him with at the time. There's no doubt it's sensationalist, as I clearly don't agree with what the article states at the end, Japanese players learning what American players have or some such nonsense. But I felt it supported what I said just fine.

Since showing a number of closures is enough.

Because at other boards, I'm reading a similar assessment of Japanese arcades being on a downswing. I wasn't wrong in what I said, because I clearly didn't say "The Arcade scene in Japan is going away and all of their arcades are belong to closure", I said that Arcades there are dying. As in, individual ones are seeing closure, the scene is slowing down, it's not as profitable to have as many as there once were.

I did not say they were going away completely or enough to constitute having a comparison of American Arcades made to me like I don't know what happens to most arcades in the US if you don't live in Southern California, New York, or even Omaha, (Nebraska) of all places.

Foaming at the mouth? I don't know, honestly, it was one comment I left it at and I haven't responded to him since. Because in the span of TWO posts, I could tell that he wasn't listening/comprehending what I was saying. Whereas at least one other person was. I was being amicable, I saw he was blowing me off, I said "fuck this." I've seen worse happen to other people, so I'm really wondering what would have happened if I did start trading petty insults with the guy. Obviously Mo0 was laying in wait for it to happen, but it didn't.

He didn't ask for any clarification, but you started to? Seriously, blah, fuck you for that. You're not unknown_user and possibly (but not really) trying to stand in for the guy is bullshit.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?

Last edited by Rotorblade; Sep 16, 2008 at 10:13 AM.
Infernal Monkey
TEAM MENSA

Member 15

Level 45.57

Feb 2006

Old Sep 16, 2008, 10:43 AM Local time: Sep 17, 2008, 01:43 AM #29 of 34
You know what else was awesome? Final Fight. Final Fight was so awesome!

I was speaking idiomatically.
Bigblah
Tails is incompetent!

Member 5

Level 45.31

Feb 2006

Old Sep 16, 2008, 10:44 AM Local time: Sep 16, 2008, 11:44 PM 1 #30 of 34
Well, there you have it -- you were referring to individual arcades while the other guy thought you were referring to the entire scene. Hell, I thought you were specifying the latter as well.

But thanks for the clarification, my righteous indignation has been quelled.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
Rotorblade
Holy Chocobo

Member 22205

Level 32.07

Apr 2007

Old Sep 16, 2008, 10:46 AM Local time: Sep 16, 2008, 08:46 AM #31 of 34

Most amazing jew boots
Infernal Monkey
TEAM MENSA

Member 15

Level 45.57

Feb 2006

Old Sep 16, 2008, 11:10 AM Local time: Sep 17, 2008, 02:10 AM 1 #32 of 34

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?

Last edited by Infernal Monkey; Sep 16, 2008 at 11:13 AM.
Rotorblade
Holy Chocobo

Member 22205

Level 32.07

Apr 2007

Old Sep 16, 2008, 11:17 AM Local time: Sep 16, 2008, 09:17 AM #33 of 34
Oh mah car!

Jam it back in, in the dark.
RacinReaver
Never Forget

Member 7

Level 44.22

Feb 2006

Old Sep 16, 2008, 04:32 PM Local time: Sep 16, 2008, 02:32 PM #34 of 34
I actually got pretty good at some of the ticket redemption games.

I managed to earn enough tickets off of one of the skill-based ticket games to buy a t-shirt I wore for, like, six years off of $5.

Also, the saddest day for me an arcades was when the local Pizza Hut remodeled and got rid of their TMNT2 game. It was the only game they had there, but it had been there for as long as I can remember. Such a shame to see it go.

There's nowhere I can't reach.

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming > [Arcade] Arcades: Now & Then