Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

[Arcade] ITG vs DDR

neothe0ne
River Chocobo

Member 461

Level 25.17

Mar 2006

Old Mar 12, 2006, 10:46 PM #26 of 46
By its name, I'd think it's a song that's going to be in ITG3. But I don't know, I haven't paid attention to ITG news.

There's nowhere I can't reach.
Kuhazan
Chocobo

Member 2170

Level 11.38

Mar 2006

Old Mar 13, 2006, 01:00 AM #27 of 46
Umm as far as I know there isn't any ITG3 news...

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
cubed
Knock knock who's there? Me! I keel you!

Member 858

Level 27.57

Mar 2006

Old Mar 13, 2006, 06:52 AM #28 of 46
IT3 arcade + ITG2 CS were announced by Roxor at the North American Tournament '05 Finals in Las Vegas.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
Kuhazan
Chocobo

Member 2170

Level 11.38

Mar 2006

Old Mar 14, 2006, 03:42 AM #29 of 46
no what I mean is there isn't any news of the contents of the game... if there was something big (as in a few confirmed songs) I'm sure it would appear on the main page of DDR Freak or ITG Freak.

I was speaking idiomatically.
Taco
inaccurate

Member 740

Level 26.23

Mar 2006

Old Mar 14, 2006, 10:03 AM #30 of 46
One of those confirmed songs is one called "Less Than Three," it uses a ton of internet slang and stuff in the lyrics. My friend had me listen to the full version of the song, and I loved it XD I can't wait to play it in an arcade and get odd looks.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
Kuhazan
Chocobo

Member 2170

Level 11.38

Mar 2006

Old Mar 14, 2006, 03:10 PM #31 of 46
I can't wait to see... if we even get any of the new games... last year we got ITG2... that was just dumb luck.. but the general attitude of arcade operators around here is : Dance game? People will still play old dance game! Why upgrade?!

FELIPE NO
Keero
Time-Shifter

Member 754

Level 7.21

Mar 2006

Old Mar 14, 2006, 04:53 PM #32 of 46
Well. DDR is the original. There is nothing better than the original. DDR is just a better looking game and with not alot of weird songs. ITG has to many weird songs and thier interface looks so weird. DDR came first. Nothing can knock it out its 1st place position. With NAOKI, revenG, and the fleet of MAXX and Paranioa versions, I don't see ITG winning versus DDR.

On the other hand, ITG is more challenging. The songs are longer, for those that want to use the workout mode, thats great for them. With the mines on ITG with the more challenging songs; mines some people would think thats a stupid idea. DDR still has challenging songs, its much more mainstream.

Of course the "elitists" would hop straight to ITG because it is not as mainstream as DDR is. I mean FFS they have Dip It Low by Christina Milian on Dancing Stage Max lol

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?

Kloak
*~Kloaking In Affect~*

Member 3266

Level 12.01

Mar 2006

Old Mar 20, 2006, 12:35 AM #33 of 46
Well IMO,

DDR was the beginning for almost every hard-core ITG player out there right now...We all should at least know, if you play ITG this means you've already got tired of DDR or wanted to try something new (means, fans of ITG...stop looking down at DDR).

I can agree with some posts here about the music. No matter how many songs I have bumped into in dance games I can say that MaxX Unlimited, and Paranoia Survivor/Survivor MaxX are the BEST sounds I've heard. Don't get me wrong, there are many more DDR songs that are AWESOME but those 2 take the cake for me.

As for ITG...Pandemonium sounds like a really quick and easy mix on Acid Pro 5.0 or something done with alittle sound editing of Sound Forge. Yet I can't complain because this was only the beginning...songs like Mythology, July, Zodiac, Anubis, and Vertex, are nice songs. As for others Hand Of Time is one of my favorites, Bend Your Mind, Hybrid...those are good songs also, but sadly most of the good songs...are the songs that are licensed. ITG2 is the same way...

DDR stepcharts MAKE SENSE. At least when you play a stepchart for DDR you actually PLAYING and not freaking out all over the dance pad. Great step charts DDR has like, Be Lovin', Sakura, ALL THE MAXX SONGS (exclude MaxX Period., good step chart but one of those "have to remember" things), So Deep...they all make sense...and they are actually fun to play

ITG Stepcharts....Yes they are difficult, this is true...yes they have mines, hands, quads and all that good stuff to do that is true also, but does it make sense...Hardly. I have passed Pandemonium Expert before...a couple of times now, but I still have troubles catching the ending run of PSMO, why is that?, because the arrow placements are 10x easier in Pandy then PSMO...YES!!!. Pandy is hard cuz its just 1 big run for NO reason. ITG has VERY few stepcharts I admire and some would have to be BloodRush, Baby Don't You Want Me, We KNow What To Do, Vertex^2 on hard...Vertex^2 on expert is just retarded.

Well, as you can see I like DDR better...lol...I mean I love the challenge from ITG, I really do and its actually amazing seeing myself beat the songs from ITG1+2 expert especially when I'm a bit over weight ^_^. I will say 1 thing though, ITG has helped me alot on passing the Max songs better...but as for PSMO, and Paranoia Respect...still having troubles FC'ing those...

Jam it back in, in the dark.
Slash
EXPLOSION!!

Member 647

Level 33.65

Mar 2006

Old Mar 20, 2006, 01:06 AM Local time: Mar 19, 2006, 11:06 PM #34 of 46
Sadly, there is no mention of PIU in the topic intro or anything but as far as stepcharts go...I'm going to put PIU for some of the best stepcharts. Quite fun too. Plus PIU doesn't have any 300+BPM WTF songs.

ITG is okay, some of the stepcharts are just wierd/don't make sense like most have said. I enjoy the music without the step charts though.

Taco
inaccurate

Member 740

Level 26.23

Mar 2006

Old Mar 20, 2006, 12:46 PM #35 of 46
It's kinda hard to define how stepcharts "make sense" though. Either way you're just mashing arrows on a pad, you're not really dancing no matter how you slice it unless you're freestyling on light doubles. PIU comes the closest being an actual dance simulation game.

On another note, I think DDR SuperNOVA should just dump its interface and have the IIDX interface team whip one up. DDR Happy Sky yesplz.

Last edited by Taco; Mar 20, 2006 at 12:49 PM.
Slash
EXPLOSION!!

Member 647

Level 33.65

Mar 2006

Old Mar 20, 2006, 01:07 PM Local time: Mar 20, 2006, 11:07 AM #36 of 46
On The contrary.

MAX 300 Stepchart

Pandemonium

Pandemonium has a bunch of random, WTF steps.

Taco
inaccurate

Member 740

Level 26.23

Mar 2006

Old Mar 20, 2006, 04:44 PM #37 of 46
I'd justify that because it's an Expert chart, a 13 no less. Take a look at Energizer's steps, even the Expert steps, and by that logic they all "make sense."

Most amazing jew boots
xSummonerYUnax
transcience

Member 1170

Level 15.62

Mar 2006

Old Apr 3, 2006, 04:55 PM #38 of 46
Where did you find the step charts?

Pandemonium on expert is just...crazy. The song is too fast.

cubed
Knock knock who's there? Me! I keel you!

Member 858

Level 27.57

Mar 2006

Old Apr 3, 2006, 06:12 PM #39 of 46
After many months of NO DRR, ONLY ITG, I played a game of DDR. Wow, ITG helped me to improve my stamina A LOT. I almost pass MAX300. And now I can pass every single songs (except the 10-footer like Paranoia Survivor/Max and all Max). Thanks to ITG. I'm preparing myself to enjoy Supernova as much as possible when it'll come out. ITG helped me to enjoy DDR more, in fact...

Originally Posted by xSummonerYUnax
Where did you find the step charts?

Pandemonium on expert is just...crazy. The song is too fast.
they were taken from itgfreak.com, obviously.

FELIPE NO
xSummonerYUnax
transcience

Member 1170

Level 15.62

Mar 2006

Old Apr 3, 2006, 06:43 PM #40 of 46
Thanks. Didn't notice it at the bottom.

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
^-^
A pretty face doesn't mean a pretty heart.

Member 769

Level 26.17

Mar 2006

Old Apr 13, 2006, 10:21 AM Local time: Apr 13, 2006, 10:21 AM #41 of 46
hmm.. I'll have to play Pandemonium tomorrow.

Jam it back in, in the dark.
WALK WITH THE DREAMERS,
THE BELIEVERS, THE COURAGEOUS,
THE CHEERFUL, THE PLANNERS, THE
DOERS, THE SUCCESSFUL PEOPLE WITH
THEIR HEADS IN THE CLOUDS AND THEIR
FEET ON THE GROUND. LET THEIR SPIRIT
IGNITE A FIRE WITHIN YOU TO LEAVE THIS
WORLD BETTER THAN WHEN YOU FOUND IT.
xSummonerYUnax
transcience

Member 1170

Level 15.62

Mar 2006

Old Apr 13, 2006, 02:40 PM #42 of 46
I just played Pandemonium. I can only do medium mode for that song but I'm hoping to get to Hard one day. The only person I've seen scoring above 90% on Expert mode is Kyle Ward himself.

Taco
inaccurate

Member 740

Level 26.23

Mar 2006

Old Apr 13, 2006, 04:07 PM #43 of 46
People around here score in the 90's on it all the time, then again I go to the same arcade as Kaze, The Rookie, Devin, Davo, and occasionally Matt300.

It's very humbling :< The only one I don't have any problem playing around is Rookie.

Chaotic
Waltz of the Big Dogs

Member 633

Level 45.75

Mar 2006

Old Apr 13, 2006, 11:17 PM #44 of 46
I've been trying to get a record in ANY song at my arcade. Majority of all the Hard and Expert scores are above 97%. I only hold records for Tough Enough (Hard) and Pandemonium (Easy... It was the only song i've EVER gotten a 99.17% in).

I'm aiming for the Disconnected ~Hyper~ record on Hard at my arcade... Record currently is 98.75%...

Mine is:

T_T... I'm getting really upset since I only need to reduce my Excellents by like 5 or something... Up to date, I have about 3 records within the top 10, this one being my best.

xSummonerYUnax
transcience

Member 1170

Level 15.62

Mar 2006

Old Apr 14, 2006, 11:24 AM #45 of 46
That's a very nice record....and you're so close to beating the highest %. Keep playing! By the way, do you play Disconnected and Disconnected -Mobius Mix-? For some reason, I find Disconnected to be more challenging even though it's an 8 footer on Hard vs. 9 on -Hyper-.

Most amazing jew boots
Chibi Neko
The hell am I doing here?

Member 922

Level 27.65

Mar 2006

Old Oct 6, 2006, 07:16 AM Local time: Oct 6, 2006, 08:46 AM #46 of 46
I have to agree with Kuhazan on this one. In fact, I have a friend who knows one of the people who made ITG, and he confirmed that the technology used to make ITG is in fact copied from DDR. He also says that the people who made the ITG are a bunch of assholes, so you can tell that he is going for DDR.

I would vote for DDR too because I like the music, interface, and generally everything better then ITG. ITG just looks pretty, and seems to attract a lot of easy to amuse people.

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming > [Arcade] ITG vs DDR