Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

Slime MoriMori Dragon Quest 2

The Plane Is A Tiger
Time Traveling Consequences

Member 125

Level 45.61

Mar 2006

Old Mar 3, 2006, 04:49 PM #1 of 7
Slime MoriMori Dragon Quest 2

I wasn't sure whether this would go better here or in Mario's Warproom, but this should do. The Slime MoriMori series allows you to play as the loveable little blue slime adored by all DQ fans. Throwing off the shackles of oppression as the weakest of all monsters, you go on a quest to save your friends and bring glory to all slimes.

As an action RPG you can perform several moves, the basics being headbutts and lifting/carrying/throwing objects. There's also a Toy Knight you can pick up to become a Slime Knight. Also in the later sections of the game you obtain a Slime Tank and battle other tanks. The battle is displayed on the top screen while on the lower screen you rush around inside of the tank loading cannons and such.

Has anyone ever played this game or the first one in the series? It looks great, and I've been seriously considering importing it. I haven't really seen any great translations though, and I don't know a bit of Japanese.

Jam it back in, in the dark.
Borg1982
One to be born...

Member 31

Level 20.43

Mar 2006

Old Mar 3, 2006, 05:15 PM #2 of 7
I'd love it if it could come out here.

There's nowhere I can't reach.
The Plane Is A Tiger

Member 125

Level 45.61

Mar 2006

Old Mar 5, 2006, 03:29 AM #3 of 7
That would be nice, and I've heard very vague rumors that it might. The first game never made it over, but Dragon Quest VIII did pretty well and the DS is making a name for itself with quirky titles. I'm still leaning towards it being import-only though.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
eriol33
nunally vi brittania commands you...

Member 1131

Level 41.71

Mar 2006

Old Mar 10, 2006, 01:56 PM Local time: Mar 11, 2006, 01:56 AM #4 of 7
the chance is close to zero for this game being translated. Dragon Quest is not that popular in States. I wish they translate DQ monster III though

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
SailorDaravon
Mountain Chocobo

Member 204

Level 28.55

Mar 2006

Old Mar 10, 2006, 11:38 PM #5 of 7
Originally Posted by eriol
the chance is close to zero for this game being translated. Dragon Quest is not that popular in States. I wish they translate DQ monster III though
Dragon Quest 8 has sold pretty well here, I think it's at about 400,000 or so now? And I don't know if it's still up or not, but Nintendo's US website had a listing for this game coming out here. I'd say it's about 50/50 honestly.

The only reason I haven't imported this yet is because it maaaay still come out here. If they don't announce anything by E3 I'm going to pick it up. The original GBA version just got an Ultimate Hits re-release, I'll be picking that up sometime this month, by all accounts it's a good game, and the sequel is even better.

I was speaking idiomatically.
SouthJag
Gold Chocobo

Member 1189

Level 30.45

Mar 2006

Old Mar 12, 2006, 11:36 AM Local time: Mar 12, 2006, 11:36 AM #6 of 7
So I know this is a thread about Slime MoriMori and all (and if this comes out in the US, I'll actually have a reason to buy a DS if that's what it comes out on), but what about news concerning Yangus's game? I forget the title -- there was a thread about it pre-crash -- but it's the DQ8 off-shoot about Yangus's childhood.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?

Reading --
Bleach, Claymore, Chun Rhang Yhur Jhun, NOW,
Zero: Beginning of the Coffin, Black God,
Twelve Kingdoms (novels), History's Strongest Disciple Kenichi
Watching --
Bleach
Playing --
Fable II, Valkyria Chronicles, Guitar Hero: World Tour,
Star Ocean: First Departure, LittleBigPlanet,
MegaMan 9, Mirror's Edge
The Plane Is A Tiger

Member 125

Level 45.61

Mar 2006

Old Mar 12, 2006, 04:59 PM #7 of 7
Originally Posted by SouthJag
So I know this is a thread about Slime MoriMori and all (and if this comes out in the US, I'll actually have a reason to buy a DS if that's what it comes out on), but what about news concerning Yangus's game? I forget the title -- there was a thread about it pre-crash -- but it's the DQ8 off-shoot about Yangus's childhood.
The most recent information I've seen for "Dragon Quest: Yangus and the Mysterious Dungeon" is from RPGamer's March 7th Japandemonium column. The Japanese release date is set for April 20th, and it involves Yangus travelling through a randomly generated dungeon using Morley's Pot to recruit monsters into his party. I was pretty turned off from this one after hearing that it was randomly generated.

FELIPE NO

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming > Slime MoriMori Dragon Quest 2