Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > General Discussion
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

Events Within Japan

ParaFish
Starman

Member 6859

Level 4.76

May 2006

Old Mar 2, 2007, 09:35 PM Local time: Mar 2, 2007, 08:35 PM #1 of 12
Events Within Japan

I will be living in Japan for the next year teaching English. I know there are tons of video game events held near Tokyo. Are any of you familiar with some of these? Can anyone recommend some to attend? I really like video game music but the only concert that might come to Tokyo is Video Games Live. Anyone help me out here?

I am interested in:

The Tokyo Game Show
Jump Festa 2007 (When is this exactly?)
Square Enix Party 2007

And any other events you can recommend, especially video game concerts!

Thanks in advance!

How ya doing, buddy?
"Dinosaurs...Huge, aren't they? Well, that's all I've gotten out of my research!" – Mr. Spoon
IdentikitOfEyes
Banned

Member 13258

Level 9.89

Sep 2006

Old Mar 2, 2007, 09:56 PM #2 of 12
Tokyo game show is fun if you can afford to get in so go for it. Just remember, you will need to take a week off for it.

The SquareEnix Party is highly exclusive, so if you do get in, take pictures, alot of pictures.

How ya doing, buddy?
ParaFish
Starman

Member 6859

Level 4.76

May 2006

Old Mar 2, 2007, 10:08 PM Local time: Mar 2, 2007, 09:08 PM #3 of 12
Quote:
Tokyo game show is fun if you can afford to get in so go for it. Just remember, you will need to take a week off for it.

The SquareEnix Party is highly exclusive, so if you do get in, take pictures, alot of pictures.
I thought that the Square Enix Party has free admission?

Also why is Tokyo Game Show expensive? I thought it was only two days? Why do I need a whole week?

Do you know when Jump Festa 2007 is?

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
"Dinosaurs...Huge, aren't they? Well, that's all I've gotten out of my research!" – Mr. Spoon
Ryuu

Member 1380

Level 27.88

Mar 2006

Old Mar 2, 2007, 10:13 PM #4 of 12
Do you know when Jump Festa 2007 is?
Jump Festa 2007 already past in December of 06. So, you need to look toward Jump Festa 2008.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
ParaFish
Starman

Member 6859

Level 4.76

May 2006

Old Mar 2, 2007, 10:20 PM Local time: Mar 2, 2007, 09:20 PM #5 of 12
Quote:
Jump Festa 2007 already past in December of 06. So, you need to look toward Jump Festa 2008.
I don't think I understood that. Jump 2007 already pasted in December 06?

I was speaking idiomatically.
Ryuu

Member 1380

Level 27.88

Mar 2006

Old Mar 2, 2007, 10:26 PM #6 of 12
I don't think I understood that. Jump 2007 already pasted in December 06?
Yeah. Jump 2007 was held in December 2006.

Search Google if you don't believe me.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
ParaFish
Starman

Member 6859

Level 4.76

May 2006

Old Mar 3, 2007, 05:36 AM Local time: Mar 3, 2007, 04:36 AM #7 of 12
Can anybody else go into detail about Tokyo Game Show or the Square Enix Party?

FELIPE NO
Shorty
21. Arch of the Warrior Maidens

Member 2028

Level 30.81

Mar 2006

Old Mar 3, 2007, 09:31 PM Local time: Mar 3, 2007, 07:31 PM #8 of 12
Negative on the above post, but The Video Game Lives show is quite readily available even here in the states. I imagine the Tokyo show would have some different excerpts and choices in music though.

Why limit yourself to just video game stuff though? If I were you, I'd take the weekend advantages to travel. Hokkaido has one of the best culinary experiences available during the summer/winter season, such as fresh seafood and dairy products, not to mention some of the best rare chocolates in the world. I guess it's because I grew up in America emerged in Japanese culture already that the events you get to experience don't quite excite me as much as the envy for the foods you'll get to taste.

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
Zigan
Parrell of Dissonance

Member 1916

Level 7.77

Mar 2006

Old Mar 4, 2007, 03:43 AM #9 of 12
I will be living in Japan for the next year teaching English. I know there are tons of video game events held near Tokyo. Are any of you familiar with some of these? Can anyone recommend some to attend? I really like video game music but the only concert that might come to Tokyo is Video Games Live. Anyone help me out here?

I am interested in:

The Tokyo Game Show
Jump Festa 2007 (When is this exactly?)
Square Enix Party 2007

And any other events you can recommend, especially video game concerts!

Thanks in advance!
SUGOI!!! ; ;

You're very lucky! Are you doing the JET program? Not sure if you've heard of it, unless you're teaching on your own terms. But anyway, Tokyo Gameshow i hear is great. I don't think you'll need a week, but just make sure you don't have to worry about much else, so just be cautious on time. ^_-

If you can't get much info on the forums, i would definatly speak to some people around where you'll be staying, especially if you're teaching teenagers, they'll know more about it.

Jam it back in, in the dark.
Crash "Long-Winded Wrong Answer" Landon
Zeio Nut

Member 14

Level 54.72

Feb 2006

Old Mar 4, 2007, 04:17 AM #10 of 12
Can anybody else go into detail about Tokyo Game Show or the Square Enix Party?

Oh, I see. You must live in a very remote section of the internet that doesn't get Google.

There's nowhere I can't reach.
horseman85
Piano noob

Member 4561

Level 13.38

Apr 2006

Old Mar 4, 2007, 05:51 PM #11 of 12
For video game music concerts, you should check out Press Start. They're hoping to make this an annual concert but aside from that, there's not a lot of info on it. However, seanne has an audience recording of it and the link should be in his journal.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
Minoko
夢唄

Member 1108

Level 18.07

Mar 2006

Old Mar 7, 2007, 12:59 PM Local time: Mar 8, 2007, 01:59 AM #12 of 12
I know its not an event but. If you live around Tokyo..specially near Opera City bldg. Square-Enix Show room is right around the corner (On the side of Yoshinoya). They have a flat screen with the latest Final Fantasy Trailer. Not to mention the life size version of Sephiroth IN the floor. Most of the stuff they sell there doesnt go below 1800 yen though. (made me cry..I only had 2000..allowance)

Most of the concerts I know are in other countries. Play! and Passion. Passion was held in Australia and Singapore play is only set for US and Europe for now.

You'll be teaching in Japan!? Where there? Most of the english teachers in my schools were..one was British, one was from NY and one fron Switzerland.

Most amazing jew boots

from the makers of Death Note!! Bakuman.
Am happy..because AgitoXIII and Parasite Eve 3 is a comin to the PSP!!

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > General Discussion > Events Within Japan