Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > General Discussion

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

Checking Accounts

Megalith
24-bit/48kHz

Member 23132

Level 28.40

Mar 2006

Old Nov 19, 2007, 05:19 PM #1 of 5
Checking Accounts

What banks do y'all prefer. I am looking for an easy checking account that I can set-up just for Paypal transactions, with no fees attached.

I took a look at Chase, and they require a $6 service fee every month. I'd like something that is completely free, and is offered by a reliable bank.

Most amazing jew boots
The_Griffin
Nostalgia and Crossovers

Member 266

Level 32.27

Mar 2006

Old Nov 19, 2007, 07:27 PM Local time: Nov 19, 2007, 05:27 PM #2 of 5
If you live around Seattle, you could try Boeing Employee's Credit Union. They recently opened up their doors so that anybody can apply, and they're a non-profit bank. They've treated me pretty well so far (although I will grant that I haven't loaned from them yet).

How ya doing, buddy?
StarmanDX
Muad'Dib!

Member 354

Level 20.96

Mar 2006

Old Nov 19, 2007, 08:02 PM Local time: Nov 19, 2007, 07:02 PM #3 of 5
I have a free checking account with Wells Fargo linked to my Paypal account. It depends on what state you live in, but in most it's free. If not, having a $1000 daily balance in there waives the fee.

https://www.wellsfargo.com/checking/index.jhtml

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.

Bless the Maker and His water. Bless the coming and the going of Him.

RacinReaver
Never Forget

Member 7

Level 44.22

Feb 2006

Old Nov 19, 2007, 08:11 PM Local time: Nov 19, 2007, 06:11 PM #4 of 5
I'm pretty sure Washington Mutual's checking account is fee free no matter what balance you're carrying. Even give you free checks and all of that stuff (as well as a master card/debit combo card).

I used to have Citizens Bank when I lived out east, but since there's none west of the Mississippi I had to switch to Wamu.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
Auditor
Syklis Green

Member 22456

Level 7.02

May 2007

Old Nov 19, 2007, 11:49 PM #5 of 5
Go for a credit union. They usually have no fees attached to them, and have higher interest rates than banks. (Well, In California anyway=P) and usually have more competent people from what I experienced. I was a former BoA customer, but after they lost my IRS tax return for 6 months, I switched =P. You could probably do a quick Google search and see the rants/reviews on banks and credit unions. (that's what I did, couldn't find anything bad on my CU)

I was speaking idiomatically.

Last edited by Auditor; Nov 20, 2007 at 12:28 AM.

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > General Discussion > Checking Accounts