Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > Help Desk

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

Question

Poopsie
Banned

Member 32253

Level 2.97

Nov 2008

Old Feb 15, 2009, 09:01 PM Local time: Feb 15, 2009, 06:01 PM #1 of 3
Question

What do I do if my computer won't identify my disk drives? Note that they aren't hard drives - they're disk drives. I go into my computer and they don't show up but they're installed. Any suggestions on drivers or whatever, or where to go? Thanks,

-Daniel

Jam it back in, in the dark.
Sousuke
...it was not.

Member 1133

Level 33.80

Mar 2006

Old Feb 16, 2009, 01:36 AM #2 of 3
That actually happened to me in my last Windows install. I'm not sure why it happened or how to fix it, but if I opened an explorer window and went to the drive's address by typing in F: [for example], then I'd still be able to get into the drive.

Not exactly a solution, but it's worth trying.

[Either that, or check Device Manager to see if they're disabled?]

There's nowhere I can't reach.
chocojournal | rate! 1 2 3 4 5
twtr // g+ // dA // bklg // l.fm // XBL // tmblr
makura
!

Member 337

Level 18.92

Mar 2006

Old Feb 16, 2009, 11:17 PM Local time: Feb 16, 2009, 10:17 PM #3 of 3
Did you make any changes to your computer? Install new OS or drive? Did it just stop showing one day for no reason?
Are the cables of your drives correct and secure?

In Control Panel, does "Add new hardware" find the drives again?

Or in Device Manager .. Action > Scan for hardware changes..
Are your drives listed at all under DVD/CD-ROM drives ?

I googled around a bit and found these keywords..
XP upperfilters

That may or may not be the solution to your problem. Read the pages before you attempt anything. Google around some more if it isn't.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > Help Desk > Question