Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > Help Desk

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

When I run CCleaner, my Firefox add-ons disappear.

Vemp
fuuuuuu

Member 929

Level 33.83

Mar 2006

Old Feb 11, 2009, 04:49 PM Local time: Feb 12, 2009, 05:49 AM #1 of 3
When I run CCleaner, my Firefox add-ons disappear.

Dear GFF,

I can't figure out why. Could it be a virus? I ran AVG and it found nothing. Everything else is ok, it's just that after I run the program CCleaner, when I start Firefox my extensions/add-ons disappear. Could it be magic?

Sincerly yours,

Troubled Laptop User

Jam it back in, in the dark.
Ernge Juice

Vetamin See

Member 32956

Level 4.85

Feb 2009

Old Feb 11, 2009, 08:02 PM #2 of 3
Dear GFF,

I can't figure out why. Could it be a virus? I ran AVG and it found nothing. Everything else is ok, it's just that after I run the program CCleaner, when I start Firefox my extensions/add-ons disappear. Could it be magic?

Sincerly yours,

Troubled Laptop User
If you look in the options on the ccleaner there is a checklist for firefox, see if you can look at something related to add-ons. if that doesn't help and you're doing the register cleaning it's probably removing it there. I haven't used ccleaner in a while so sorry if this doens't help.

There's nowhere I can't reach.
Brw2KX
Wark!

Member 1821

Level 2.00

Mar 2006

Old Feb 13, 2009, 12:42 PM #3 of 3
Do you have the latest version?
You could also try going into the options and exclude the extensions folder that holds your addons in. It should be in C:\Documents and Settings\YOUR USER NAME\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\RANDOM.default

The ".Default" folder gives a random name on each comp,so you'll have to browse and find the location yourself

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.

Last edited by Brw2KX; Feb 13, 2009 at 12:44 PM. Reason: typo

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > Help Desk > When I run CCleaner, my Firefox add-ons disappear.