Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Media Centre
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

[Movie] WWE/TNA fanfiction thread

khan0plinger
OH YES LET ME DROWN IN IT

Member 983

Level 17.72

Mar 2006

Old Dec 11, 2007, 04:11 AM #2301 of 3609
If what I read on the recap is supposed to be considered the "Raw of the Year" at any length, then I don't even want to see what the worst Raw looks like.

Sorry, but there's no real way you can celebrate 15 years in the WWE anymore. The most memorable are either dead, no longer care about wrestling, are too injured to do anything decent, or are employed in a company where they can continue to be memorable to a degree.

The show was basically once again the McMahon show. I expected to hear that this show was like watching a Wrestlemania on free TV, and instead it was just a huge gathering of jobbers and retired wrestlers. Thanks, but no thanks WWE.
Well if what WWE offers doesnt tickle your fancy, you could always watch TNA this Thursday on Spike TV. TNA does a really good job at attempting to recycle old WWE angles involving old WWE talent. Heck, why do we even call it TNA? Lets call it what it is, WCW lite. I would take the "Vince McMahon Show" any day over the "Kurt Angle Show"

I was speaking idiomatically.

Last edited by khan0plinger; Dec 11, 2007 at 04:17 AM.
mortis
3/3/06

Member 634

Level 32.09

Mar 2006

Old Dec 11, 2007, 05:35 AM #2302 of 3609
And with storylines that don't make sense to boot!

Note:

Spoiler:

Okay, so Sting have Booker T come in as his mystery partner. It would seem logical that Booker would then feud with Angle or at least have a match for a title shot at it. Nothing.

Suddenly, at the next PPV, Joe, Scott 'No Show' Hall, and Kevin 'No "Show"' Nash team against the Angle Alliance. Meanwhile, fresh off his debut, Booker T uses that momentum to face off against Cage in a tag match for the 1000th time.

For whatever reason, they had Scott Steiner get an X division title show and Petey Williams get the world title shot. Unfortunately, that makes no sense given that 1) Scott and Jay are both faces, 2) Petey and Angle are both heels (I think, I haven't followed Petey for a while), 3) this is a mismatch when it comes to the types of matches, and 4) you'd think that Steiner winning the match and exchanging briefcases would result in him GAINING a world title shot, not losing one.

Speaking of the Steiners, what happened to Rick. I thought Scott was the one who was hurt here.

Oh, and concerning Joe. Okay, I have only read this, not watched it but, one week he semi-shoots on Hall and Nash, the next week they are suddenly aligned against Angle with the previous week basically discarded, the next week, Joe is beating down Skipper and they continue (I guess) what happened two weeks prior while forgetting what they did the previous week. I am taking it that TNA will pull a "Smackdown! Vs Raw 2008" and have Joe high-fiving Nash next week.

Is Senshi a heel? A face? What about Daniels? Wait, why is Senshi there, I thought he left? And for that matter, why in the world didn't you just not show the tape of Senshi winning, and then have him end up the one fired (as he originally won the briefcase). You could even do it WITHOUT him (he looked at his suitcase early).

I think the only person missing from Raw was Cena. Of all people there, you'd think he, the guy who has held the title longer than anyone since Raw started to air (and for that matter, the longest title reign in about twenty years) would be on it. I can understand The Rock, but Cena, no way.

Good stuff though. The fact of the matter is, yes, those who really did some things ARE retired, or hurt too badly. That just how it goes. That's why when they have those big reunion shows for huge TV shows, not all the actors are there cuz they are dead, or those who do show up look different many times than they did all those years back...

How ya doing, buddy?
Kostaki
Team Bonklers!

Member 2155

Level 22.18

Mar 2006

Old Dec 11, 2007, 08:47 AM Local time: Dec 11, 2007, 08:47 AM #2303 of 3609
Well if what WWE offers doesnt tickle your fancy, you could always watch TNA this Thursday on Spike TV. TNA does a really good job at attempting to recycle old WWE angles involving old WWE talent. Heck, why do we even call it TNA? Lets call it what it is, WCW lite. I would take the "Vince McMahon Show" any day over the "Kurt Angle Show"
I'm guessing you immediately believe I'm a TNA mark because the WWE needs to grow some balls? Sorry, but TNA is loaded with as much crap as WWE is, except I expect better from the WWE since it is the more established brand with many more resources to use.

Let's not kid ourselves either, everyone uses everyone else's talent. If the WWE jumped on and was able to sign TNA exclusive talent like Samoa Joe, nobody would say a fucking word. They do it with ROH made talent all the time, just like TNA does. If you want an example of "homemade talent" Goldberg comes to mind. He may be the worst wrestler on the planet, but he was brought in with no prior exposure from the WCW Power Plant and turned into a star. Chris Jericho is old ECW and WCW talent, and was made big in both the WCW and WWE. Rob Van Dam is ECW built talent. I could go on forever, but calling guys ex-company talent means little while virtually every wrestler came from somewhere else.

I don't even watch televised wrestling anymore, and stick strictly to Ring of Honor and Japanese promotions. Both wrestlers and fans alike give 100% of their heart and soul to matches, and that's the kind of thing I want to see. A match where the participants give 100%, without having to hide behind face paint, gold medals, midgets, no shows, or anything else.

It doesn't really matter to me what you "fancy" but televised wrestling is out of control. If you heard Samoa Joe's shoot-promo during the last TNA PPV, he pretty much echoed the sentiment that exists almost everywhere. I'm glad people like Cody Rhodes are getting shots in the WWE, but he's an exception to a bunch that may never see a push in their lives.

But these "ex-company" guys still need a place to work, and a place to belong. TNA is simply misusing them making them main event shit when they could be giving the rub to others. Jay Lethal getting a clean pin victory over Angle is a perfect example. Build Angle up to be hot shit without oversaturating him, give him a string of victories, and then have a single victory like Jay Lethal's be the defining moment of a huge push. Instead, Lethal was kept where he was. Misuse.

This is my only concern about the product and the business, as a fan now for almost 20 years I don't like where the landscape is headed.

FELIPE NO
khan0plinger
OH YES LET ME DROWN IN IT

Member 983

Level 17.72

Mar 2006

Old Dec 11, 2007, 10:09 AM #2304 of 3609
Well then we both like professional wrestling for different reasons I guess. While I do enjoy the wrestling aspect of it , at the same time I watch it to be entertainined so I enjoy the promo's and the fun stuff they do. I happen to like Vince McMahon and a good portion of the product he puts out. Granted the business isnt as entertaining as it once was, I still find it entertaining.

I dont dislike TNA but I am not really a big fan of it anymore. They were going in the right direction but now its a poor mans version of World Championship Wrestling. Playing the role of on tv heel who is basically booking his own matches...is Kurt Angle and Kurt Angle lacks the charisma, mic skills and rapport with the crowd that Hulk Hogan had. The company tries to make people believe they are at "war" with WWE just as WCW once was but they aren't even close. The on tv insults towards WWE by various wrestlers and their god awful announce team come off as pathetic if anything. I recall Road Dog and Billy Gunn doing some lame TNA promo that they tried to come off as a shoot...where they talked about Shawn Michaels and Triple H...it didnt come off as believable, it just came off as TNA trying to make themselves standout.

I don't think WWE does a horrible job at letting new talent come into their own. Think back 5 or 6 years ago to who was main eventing. Look at WWE's 3 World Champions...you have Randy Orton, Batista and CM Punk...6 years ago did anyone even know who they were? Granted they might not be the most incredible risk taking wrestlers that you would find in ROH or on Japanese promotions...but they come off as entertaining. Thats what WWE is trying to sell. While yeah if WWE revamped and focused mainly on showcasing wrestling ability in the ring and had no storylines...im sure it would appeal to the purist wrestling fans who enjoy that...however the majority of the fans enjoy the entertainment aspect of it just as much....so it all comes down to whats going to bring in more money. WWE to me is fine, it could use some writing tweaks but otherwise I still enjoy it.

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
Slash
EXPLOSION!!

Member 647

Level 33.65

Mar 2006

Old Dec 11, 2007, 03:52 PM Local time: Dec 11, 2007, 01:52 PM #2305 of 3609
And with storylines that don't make sense to boot!

Note:

Spoiler:

----For whatever reason, they had Scott Steiner get an X division title show and Petey Williams get the world title shot. Unfortunately, that makes no sense given that 1) Scott and Jay are both faces, 2) Petey and Angle are both heels (I think, I haven't followed Petey for a while), 3) this is a mismatch when it comes to the types of matches, and 4) you'd think that Steiner winning the match and exchanging briefcases would result in him GAINING a world title shot, not losing one.----

From what I've seen, the TNA X-Division never really had a heel-face system. For the X-Division its been more face - super face and heel - super heel.

---------Oh, and concerning Joe. Okay, I have only read this, not watched it but, one week he semi-shoots on Hall and Nash, the next week they are suddenly aligned against Angle with the previous week basically discarded, the next week, Joe is beating down Skipper and they continue (I guess) what happened two weeks prior while forgetting what they did the previous week. I am taking it that TNA will pull a "Smackdown! Vs Raw 2008" and have Joe high-fiving Nash next week.----------

The reason Joe had the "semi-shoots" were to take the heat off because Hall was "sick" and couldn't make it. So he tried to take the heat off everyone else and kinda put it on himself.

---Is Senshi a heel? A face? What about Daniels? Wait, why is Senshi there, I thought he left? And for that matter, why in the world didn't you just not show the tape of Senshi winning, and then have him end up the one fired (as he originally won the briefcase). You could even do it WITHOUT him (he looked at his suitcase early).---

Senshi didn't leave, he just wanted out of his contract, so basically he can leave when he wants. And I think Daniels might repackage himself because when he was a face he was great but when he came back, it didn't make any real sense to come back as a heel

Answers to some of your questions Mortis are in the spoiler box thing

Jam it back in, in the dark.
El Ray Fernando
Scholeski

Member 70

Level 26.54

Mar 2006

Old Dec 11, 2007, 06:46 PM Local time: Dec 12, 2007, 12:46 AM #2306 of 3609
Even though it was shiite I think it proves having the roster under one roof is much better than splitting the big names down the middle. It was a shame that the walls of Jericho will be a shitty boston crab instead of the original Lion Tamer.

Also with RVD what the hell was that?? Nice to see Niedhart back also was that the original Doink?

See I told you it would predictable with Vince as RAW's greatest wrestler, seriously could have done that better.

Most amazing jew boots

Last edited by El Ray Fernando; Dec 11, 2007 at 07:38 PM.
Slash
EXPLOSION!!

Member 647

Level 33.65

Mar 2006

Old Dec 11, 2007, 07:08 PM Local time: Dec 11, 2007, 05:08 PM #2307 of 3609
I was sad no one chanted like "Head Cheese" during the 15 man rumble

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
Winter Storm
Distant Memories

Member 2209

Level 27.54

Mar 2006

Old Dec 11, 2007, 07:19 PM #2308 of 3609
That was the original Doink. Back then...he was the guy everyone had trouble beating.

It was a major job fest, but I was happy with the show, and definitely appreciated all the past wrestlers showing. If the Rock showed up, it would have been perfect. Good ol' Ted Debiase and that laugh of his. I wanted to see Hogan slam Khali. Sunny is even hotter than she was back then, holy crap. I got to see a lot of flashbacks of events that I missed, like Orton being oised out of the Evolution. Now I understand why he was so bitter. I can't remember who HBK defended his IC title against. I guess RVD was filling in for someone who was supposed to show up. 15 years... wow, I was 10 years old. Thanks to Stone Cold - he prevented Vince from killing the mood. I imagine Cena didn't come so he can avoid any altercations and further worsen that injury.

Anyway.. that's that.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
SuperNova
Wonderful Chocobo

Member 830

Level 19.47

Mar 2006

Old Dec 12, 2007, 03:52 PM #2309 of 3609
If you missed Raw this week...check YouTube.

I missed it this week on an account of a big final on Tuesday morning. I'm watching it now though.

Most amazing jew boots

I have nothing clever to put here.
dagget
Spoot

Member 72

Level 36.40

Mar 2006

Old Dec 13, 2007, 09:53 PM #2310 of 3609
Stephanie strikes agains!

Originally Posted by wrestlezone

Dave Kopoor, who plays Ranjin Singh, the translator for Great Khali and a member of the Creative team got a good telling off from Stephanie McMahon after the Anniversary Raw.

Steph was upset that Kapoor broke kayfabe (like everyone else did that night) by having fun in the ring at the end of Raw and proceeded to shout at him after the event, saying that if he didn't take "the job of a lifetime" seriously, then he could be let go from the company
lol, so because he broke character like everyone else had done that night at the end, he got bitched at. Why not bitch anyone else out for breaking character? She seriously needs to relax on some shit. It's getting ridiculous.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
Slash
EXPLOSION!!

Member 647

Level 33.65

Mar 2006

Old Dec 14, 2007, 01:17 AM Local time: Dec 13, 2007, 11:17 PM #2311 of 3609
When did Chris Harris go heel?

FELIPE NO
mortis
3/3/06

Member 634

Level 32.09

Mar 2006

Old Dec 14, 2007, 04:35 AM #2312 of 3609
dagget: It would be SO awesome if all the writers just up and left at once. So, very, VERY awesome.

Slash
EXPLOSION!!

Member 647

Level 33.65

Mar 2006

Old Dec 14, 2007, 06:56 PM Local time: Dec 14, 2007, 04:56 PM #2313 of 3609
Video Samoa Joe shoot promo - samoa, joe, shoot, promo, point - Dailymotion Share Your Videos

Best Fucking Promo I've ever heard to date.

mortis
3/3/06

Member 634

Level 32.09

Mar 2006

Old Dec 15, 2007, 01:59 AM #2314 of 3609
So, prediction time:

Jericho/Orton - I see either Jericho or Orton winning by DQ. Many are saying Orton will lose the title to Trips at the Royal Rumble and then Trips goes on to feud with Batista. Strange, given that it has happened before and that was the main event three years back, but be that as it may, that is what is predicted.

I don't forsee Jericho winning the title so shortly after returning. Nor do I see Orton losing the title when he finally has a nice title reign. Nor do I see Jericho losing to Orton, and basically ruining his return. Therefore, I see Jericho winning it by DQ.

Batista/Edge/Undertaker - Batista/Khali kept the title warm for Edge. It is obvious that he and Taker are going to have a match come Mania next year. Streak (or 'Streak') and all. The questionable thing is whether it will be for the world title. In some ways, I can't see Taker getting another title reign, even if he was screwed out of his last one. Furthermore, I could see it being MORE valuable to having Batista hold onto the title, and then defend it (maybe even against Triple H in a unification match if they are crazy enough. Okay, so not likely) against someone else at Mania. That would provided two hyped up matches.

However, given that I can't think of anyone else Batista can go against for the title, I forsee Edge picking it up here. It may even be like Trips/Kane/Goldberg, where Taker chokeslams Batista, only for Edge to throw him out and reclaim the title.

Trips/Hardy - INitially, this was for the iC title in which I would have given the nod to Hardy. However, with it NOT being such the case, Trips will get the title shot. Hardy, while he has amazingly improved his game in many areas since so many years back, is still not at that point to help advertise one of the main events of a big PPV. We may even see the beginning of Trips heel turn (if Batista doesn't do it) in this match.

Punk/Kane Vs BDV/Mark Nenry - Wow, talk about an interesting tag team match. Rough spot for Punk. I forsee BDV/Henry getting the win, possibly on Punk to set up his next title defense.

Michaels/Kennedy - I forsee Michaels getting the win here, and Kennedy getting a win back at the RR. Michaels has lost a good amount of matches, and a loss to Kennedy won't hurt him. So I think they will throw Michaels a bone, and the win.

Finley/Khali - The great Lawli will win it.

MVP/Mysterio - I forsee MVP winning this one. Matt Hardy will come back soon, and I can't forsee the WWE being THAT stupid to build up an angle for months and months, even when MVP couldn't wrestle, only to have the title switch to another wrestler.

Phoenix/James - Phoenix all the way in this match.

Oh, and just a guess of a future 'bonus' match.

Holly/Rhodes Vs Cade/Murdoch - HOlly/Rhodes retain the tag titles...

There's nowhere I can't reach.
dagget
Spoot

Member 72

Level 36.40

Mar 2006

Old Dec 15, 2007, 02:20 AM #2315 of 3609
Actually, the current plans for Mania have changed a bit. It is now being thrown around that Batista's going to win the Royal Rumble, Triple H wins the title at Rumble and it'll be Batista vs Triple H at Mania, instead of Orton.

Of course it could change a billion times like it usually does.

Slash
EXPLOSION!!

Member 647

Level 33.65

Mar 2006

Old Dec 15, 2007, 02:21 AM Local time: Dec 15, 2007, 12:21 AM #2316 of 3609
Oh God...I'd love to see the WWE writers right before Mania say "We want more money" they don't get it and they all walk up and leave leaving Maina fucked

Most amazing jew boots
SuperSonic
True_Blue

Member 163

Level 40.01

Mar 2006

Old Dec 15, 2007, 10:37 PM #2317 of 3609
My predictions:

Jericho/Orton - Jericho wins the title by usage of the codebreaker after countering the RKO.

Batista/Edge/Undertaker - Batista retains the strap by DQ.

Trips/Hardy - Trips wins by pinfall and goes on to face Jericho at the Rumble for the title.

Punk/Kane Vs Big Daddy V/Mark Henry - Yeah, no chance in hell Punk/Kane is gonna win this one. BDV/Henry by pinfall.

Michaels/Kennedy - HBK will nail the sweet chin music on Kennedy and win by pinfall.

Finley/Khali - Khali wins by DQ, Finley will pull out the shalelee (sp?) and start whipping Khali's ass with it leading to a no DQ match between the two at Royal Rumble.

MVP/Mysterio - MVP wins by pinfall, Mysterio has lost his spark.

Phoenix/James - Beth Phoenix is still dominating, wins by pinfall.

Oh, and just a guess of a future 'bonus' match.
Holly/Rhodes Vs Cade/Murdoch - Holly/Rhodes retain via pinfall.

Golfdish from Hell
Screaming for Vengeance

Member 632

Level 40.53

Mar 2006

Old Dec 16, 2007, 10:08 AM #2318 of 3609
Oh God...I'd love to see the WWE writers right before Mania say "We want more money" they don't get it and we have the best Mania since XX
Fixed.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
I'm taking over this town...
I'm screaming for vengenace...
I'm shouting at the devil...
I'm not dead and I'm not for sale...
Ain't lookin' for nothin' but a good time...
dagget
Spoot

Member 72

Level 36.40

Mar 2006

Old Dec 16, 2007, 09:52 PM #2319 of 3609
Here's a bit more of a detailed version of the hissy fit Stephanie threw:

Originally Posted by Wrestlezone
Dave Kapoor a.k.a. Ranjin Singh, the translator for The Great Khali, was scolded by Stephanie McMahon on Monday night after RAW.

In the final segment on RAW where a bunch of people came out, drank drinks and pretty much broke kayfabe, Stephanie felt Kapoor was having too much fun. The broadcast showed a shot of him smiling and having a good time, just like most everyone else.

After the show, Stephanie called him over and told him that his behavior was highly unprofessional. She also intimated that if he didn't take "the job of a lifetime" seriously that he could very well be let go by WWE. Stephanie also added that someone on creative shouldn't be an on-screen character (he's a member of the creative team). Stephanie said that she went to bat for him in the past, and that he'd he better not screw it up.
lolin @ creative shouldn't be on TV.

FELIPE NO
Slash
EXPLOSION!!

Member 647

Level 33.65

Mar 2006

Old Dec 17, 2007, 04:35 AM Local time: Dec 17, 2007, 02:35 AM #2320 of 3609
Wait...so Ranjin Singh is a member of Creative...and she just NOW noticed hes on TV when she doesn't want him there?

FUCKKKKK bring back Daivari and have him cut promos for Khali...Daivari KNEW how to draw heat

Additional Spam:
Spoiler:

well THAT was unexpected. of all the ways to DQ the match have JBL save Orton?

And Hardy over HHH? WoW

Last edited by Slash; Dec 17, 2007 at 04:40 AM. Reason: This member got a little too post happy.
SuperSonic
True_Blue

Member 163

Level 40.01

Mar 2006

Old Dec 17, 2007, 09:30 PM #2321 of 3609
Spoiler:
I was kind of surprised myself about the whole Hardy vs. HHH match, but damn that and HBK vs. Kennedy were the best matches of the night. Hardy's getting a hell of a push, but I doubt they'll give him the title. They're probably saving Orton's title loss to whomever faces him at Mania.

SimDaddyGT
Rage Prower

Member 92

Level 23.72

Mar 2006

Old Dec 17, 2007, 09:36 PM Local time: Dec 17, 2007, 09:36 PM #2322 of 3609
Spoiler:

Okay, so what's this shit? Is McMahon going Satanist/Emo on us now?

"I hope something bad happens to each and every one of you!!"

That was surely a waste of 6 minutes just to hear him say something like that.

Least HHH's jokes were funny, sorta, though that pedigree was rather... dull.

There's nowhere I can't reach.
SuperSonic
True_Blue

Member 163

Level 40.01

Mar 2006

Old Dec 17, 2007, 10:47 PM #2323 of 3609
Spoiler:
McMahon will end up faking his own death, again. I will say this, I'm at least enjoying Raw every week. Reason? I don't have to hear this crap every week:

"The CHAMP...IS...HERE!!"
"Your time is up, my time is now! You can't see me..." Ugh...

Slash
EXPLOSION!!

Member 647

Level 33.65

Mar 2006

Old Dec 17, 2007, 11:28 PM Local time: Dec 17, 2007, 09:28 PM #2324 of 3609
I hope to hear the following in like..3 weeks...

Spoiler:

You think you're untouchable?...

WORD LIFE...IT'S BASIC THUGANOMICS!

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
mortis
3/3/06

Member 634

Level 32.09

Mar 2006

Old Dec 18, 2007, 02:14 AM #2325 of 3609
And then in four weeks this...

Spoiler:

J.R. OMG, I have never seen someone come back from such a serious injury so quickly, and win the title so fast after his return.

King: I know, we have a NEW Champion!

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Media Centre > [Movie] WWE/TNA fanfiction thread