Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

[General Discussion] Heros in RPGs who you wish you could kill slowly and painfully.

Skexis
Beyond

Member 770

Level 34.03

Mar 2006

Old May 22, 2006, 02:08 AM Local time: May 22, 2006, 02:08 AM #26 of 91
Yuffie was the only one I ever wanted to throttle with my bare hands, because she was such a bitch about the whole materia thing. And then, after the shit she puts me through to find everything again, I'm expected to think it's cute that she stole the things I had worked so hard to collect, and let her off the hook without a good punch to the grill.

She was a horrible character in general. Couldn't attack for shit, and that was basically the extent of her "skill." She was a worthless bit of fluff inserted not so subtly in so that pedos and loli-lovers everywhere would have something to look at in the battle screen.

There's nowhere I can't reach.

Last edited by Skexis; May 22, 2006 at 02:11 AM.
Ashton
GET DOWN

Member 2132

Level 14.26

Mar 2006

Old May 22, 2006, 11:51 AM #27 of 91
^^^^^

I'm starting to think this thread isn't a good idea because of all the fanboy rage going on in here. Yuffie's one of the few characters in FF7 who gets a multi-hit limit break without any stupid Gimmicks. And it's a level 3 limit. Not 4 like Highwind, or Omnislash.

As for the materia thing, I can't be the only one who liked that part of the game most. It was an actual challenge, unlike almost every other part of the game where it's BIG GUARD ATTACK ATTACK ATTACK LIMIT BREAK SUMMON SUMMON SUMMON. The only real challenge apart from that section was the weapons, and the only reason i haven't beaten ruby is because it takes too long and the reward is worthless.

Storywise, who said you had to think it was cute?

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
Gechmir
Did you see anything last night?

Member 629

Level 46.64

Mar 2006

Old May 22, 2006, 12:04 PM Local time: May 22, 2006, 12:04 PM #28 of 91
Pardon our opinions for not following your own, O Almighty One.

Quote:
Yuffie's one of the few characters in FF7 who gets a multi-hit limit break without any stupid Gimmicks. And it's a level 3 limit. Not 4 like Highwind, or Omnislash.
I'm starting to think this thread isn't a good idea because of all the fanboy defense going on in here.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
Hey, maybe you should try that thing Chie was talking about.

Rei no Otaku
Fanboy

Member 386

Level 14.90

Mar 2006

Old May 22, 2006, 12:10 PM #29 of 91
Quote:
nd the only reason i haven't beaten ruby is because it takes too long and the reward is worthless.
Hades (paralyzes him)+KotR. He goes down in a few minutes. Doesn't take long at all.

I was speaking idiomatically.
Skexis
Beyond

Member 770

Level 34.03

Mar 2006

Old May 22, 2006, 12:33 PM Local time: May 22, 2006, 12:33 PM #30 of 91
Originally Posted by Ashton
Storywise, who said you had to think it was cute?
Because she forces her way into her party, and then OH-I'M-JUST-YOUNG-AND-CONFUSED-SO-DON'T-HATE-ME THEME MUSIC plays.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
Synthesis
Southern Cross

Member 257

Level 25.84

Mar 2006

Old May 22, 2006, 02:40 PM Local time: May 22, 2006, 01:40 PM #31 of 91
Originally Posted by Leknaat
Precis and Noah from SO2. My GOD they had to have some of the most annoying lines. Precis: "Here's mister enemy!" Noah: "Do we have to hurt them?" You can guess that I never gathered all the voices...LOL

Thankfully, you can choose Bowman instead of Precis and avoid ever hearing her voice. The same can't be sail for Noel. Even Claude's voice annoyed me at time's, "Well, that's somewhere around 80 points!"...*mutes sound*

How ya doing, buddy?
Krelian
everything is moving

Member 6422

Level 41.55

May 2006

Old May 22, 2006, 03:18 PM Local time: May 22, 2006, 08:18 PM #32 of 91
Anyone in FFVII who isn't Cait Sith. Seriously, the characters are the most bland, uninspired, just-plain-fucking-IRRITATING cast I've encountered in any RPG I've played. Cloud and Vincent are emo recluses, Yuffie is a sugar-filled crazywoman and Barrett is a stereotyped foulmouthed "can of whoop-ass".

Most of the characters from FFVIII and FFX pissed me off, too.

Oh, and Chu-Chu from Xenogears. She was the only thing wrong with the most perfect game on Earth.

edit: Colette, Genis, Regal from Tales of Symphonia, Reid and Farah from Tales of Eternia, etc etc

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
Syndrome
Esper

Member 211

Level 19.79

Mar 2006

Old May 22, 2006, 03:32 PM Local time: May 22, 2006, 10:32 PM #33 of 91
Definately Lloyd from Tales of Symphonia.
I just HATE his "NO! I DON'T CARE IF I DIE, I'LL DEFINATELY HELP YOU FIND YOUR LOST DOG!"-attitude.

Double Post:
Originally Posted by Krelian
Cloud and Vincent are emo recluses, Yuffie is a sugar-filled crazywoman and Barrett is a stereotyped foulmouthed "can of whoop-ass".
Omg, best description ever!

Jam it back in, in the dark.

Last edited by Syndrome; May 22, 2006 at 03:34 PM. Reason: Automerged additional post.
Rocca
is Finding Forever.

Member 609

Level 10.62

Mar 2006

Old May 22, 2006, 07:47 PM #34 of 91
Originally Posted by Krelian
Anyone in FFVII who isn't Cait Sith. Seriously, the characters are the most bland, uninspired, just-plain-fucking-IRRITATING cast I've encountered in any RPG I've played. Cloud and Vincent are emo recluses, Yuffie is a sugar-filled crazywoman and Barrett is a stereotyped foulmouthed "can of whoop-ass".

Most of the characters from FFVIII and FFX pissed me off, too.

Oh, and Chu-Chu from Xenogears. She was the only thing wrong with the most perfect game on Earth.

edit: Colette, Genis, Regal from Tales of Symphonia, Reid and Farah from Tales of Eternia, etc etc
Word, although I liked Regal's voice actor (the same actor that did Lord Zetta and many others). And I think anyone can admit that Eternia voice acting was bad. I didn't mind Farah, though.

I think you should have mentioned Keele instead. Slowly, painfully and Keele are three words that go together hand in hand.

Goubot
Chocobo

Member 4134

Level 9.65

Mar 2006

Old May 22, 2006, 08:07 PM #35 of 91
Everyone in Baten Kaitos. Just stop talking, everyone.

Leknaat
Evil

Member 137

Level 34.72

Mar 2006

Old May 22, 2006, 09:31 PM #36 of 91
Originally Posted by Synthesis
Thankfully, you can choose Bowman instead of Precis and avoid ever hearing her voice. The same can't be sail for Noel. Even Claude's voice annoyed me at time's, "Well, that's somewhere around 80 points!"...*mutes sound*
This is why I've never collected all the voices. After my first time using Precis, I chose Bowman from that point on.....

And I always have to think about things:

Goofy from Kingdom Hearts. Okay, he's my favorite Disney character, but he was ALWAYS in my way when I was trying to line up jumps. I turn around, and there he is! God, I really wanted the "single person representing a group" structure at that point.

Soluzar
De Arimasu!

Member 1222

Level 37.11

Mar 2006

Old May 22, 2006, 10:01 PM Local time: May 23, 2006, 04:01 AM #37 of 91
Squall Leonheart - He just seemed like a whiny teenager from the beginning to the end of the game. I never got to like even a single character from Final Fantasy VIII. The whole game was just a waste of my time, but Squall was that much more annoying than the rest.

I don't mind angst... but there's a difference between angst and just plain whining. He crossed that line.

Yuna
涼宮ハルヒ

Member 1603

Level 12.72

Mar 2006

Old May 25, 2006, 11:28 AM Local time: May 25, 2006, 02:28 PM #38 of 91
Even though I'm a fan of Final Fantasy series there's always one character (at least) per game i'd like to send straigh to hell.
Yuffie (FFVII) is the first. I never liked her and probably never will. The only time I thought she was ok was in FFVIIAC.
Kimari (FFX) is another idiot; I was just glad he didn't talk much.
The entire cast of FFIX, starting with Amarant and Kina (I think that was his name), only god knows how much I hated those guys.
Laguna form FFVIII, neither my friends or myself couldn]t stand him. Whatever there was a scene with him we played it cursing the whole time.

Someone here mentioned the "Green Beast" from Xenogears, sorry for forgeting his name.
In Chrono Cross I hated the main character during the time we played using somebody's else body (I think the name of the character is Lynx)

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
Krelian
everything is moving

Member 6422

Level 41.55

May 2006

Old May 25, 2006, 02:52 PM Local time: May 25, 2006, 07:52 PM #39 of 91
Originally Posted by Yuna
Someone here mentioned the "Green Beast" from Xenogears,
Rico Banderas?

Originally Posted by Leknaat
I think you should have mentioned Keele instead. Slowly, painfully and Keele are three words that go together hand in hand.
Eh, him and Ras are the only two characters who didn't make me balk. I actually played through with the voices off and skipping FMVs.

Probably the worst Tales game in the series. Still waiting for that Phantasia remake.

FELIPE NO
Leknaat
Evil

Member 137

Level 34.72

Mar 2006

Old May 25, 2006, 11:34 PM #40 of 91
Krelian...I never said what you have me quoted as saying. That was Rocca....

I've never played a Tales game.

Yuna--thank you for knowing Amarant's name. I always want to call him the rooster. His only endearing quality was he could get rid of your excess items. And I agree about Quina.

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
Jujubee
Good Chocobo

Member 416

Level 16.09

Mar 2006

Old May 26, 2006, 01:25 AM Local time: May 26, 2006, 12:25 AM #41 of 91
Any kid character who's a 14-17 year old wimp but can beat up a grown man ten times his size. I really hate those little punks, what they need is a healthy dose of physics. Give us more adult characters who actually look like they can kick some ass. Enough with the brats who aren't old enough to buy alchohol or go to a strip club but can save the world with toy swords. I want to see more RPG casts like Shadow Hearts 2, Magna Carta and Xenosaga.

Ashton
GET DOWN

Member 2132

Level 14.26

Mar 2006

Old May 26, 2006, 05:31 PM #42 of 91
Originally Posted by Gechmir
Pardon our opinions for not following your own, O Almighty One.
It's not your opinions that anger me. It the inaccuracy.

Not to mention that everyone sounds So Angry. It sounds like the character ruined your life or something.

And sure i'll defend a character i like. Who wouldn't?

How ya doing, buddy?
No. Hard Pass.
Salty for Salt's Sake

Member 27

Level 61.14

Mar 2006

Old May 26, 2006, 06:20 PM Local time: May 26, 2006, 05:20 PM #43 of 91
Originally Posted by Goubot
Everyone in Baten Kaitos. Just stop talking, everyone.
Seconded.

My god, how I second this.

John Mayer just asked me, personally, through an assistant, to sing backup on his new CD.

werepandamike
Chocohobo

Member 4106

Level 4.03

Mar 2006

Old Jun 2, 2006, 11:09 PM Local time: Jun 2, 2006, 08:09 PM #44 of 91
Meredy from Tales of Destiny II needs to die.
So does every single character in Lunar: Silver Star Story.

I kinda wish Dante had gotten the shit beaten out him in DMC 3 (well, he did, but more so). What an annoying character to play as. I far preferred him in the first one.

The Bishop
FATE

Member 9932

Level 3.62

Jul 2006

Old Jul 24, 2006, 12:33 AM Local time: Jul 24, 2006, 03:33 PM #45 of 91
Squall (FF8) - man this guy was SO slow i often found myself screaming at the screen and going WTF dude just make out already!

Aribeth (NWN) - all I could hear was 'whine whine whine', I wish you could just kill her at the start of the game and do the world a big favour.

Dee
Dive for your memory

Member 1285

Level 26.51

Mar 2006

Old Jul 24, 2006, 02:32 AM Local time: Jul 24, 2006, 02:32 AM #46 of 91
I have huge rage mostly against females in RPGs, I don't know why, but mainly because it seems like their characterization lacks much poorly against males.

Xenogears - Chu Chu. Whoa whoa whoa. Talk about USELESS. The only good thing about it is that it swells into some giant who can beat up a gear. Once.

Final Fantasy VIII - Just about everyone whose age falls within the 17-18 age range. Selphie was naturally too "goodie" that I just want to punch her in the face. Rinoa is also pretty bland. "Oh, I'm useless!" Yeah, and the dog sucks too.

FFVII - Cait Sith, hands down. Never used it in battle. Also a blah character that just needs to shut up.

FFIX - Eiko. Little dwarf girls aren't my thing.

Suikoden IV - Snowe also needs to be punched in the face. "MY ARM! MY ARRRRRM!" I beheaded him once, but reloaded right after the scene just so I didn't have to replay that terrible game.

Disgaea - Flonne. High pitched voices also aren't my thing. And the whole good thing gets old, fast.

Star Ocean 3 - Sophia. Terrible AND useless.

How ya doing, buddy?
Dullenplain
Life @ 45RPM

Member 2299

Level 38.16

Mar 2006

Old Jul 24, 2006, 02:32 AM Local time: Jul 24, 2006, 01:32 AM #47 of 91
I probably have several, but the one that stands out severely in my mind is:

Zidane from FFIX

That guy has the worst kind of naive possible and has the mood swings of a pregnant woman. The moment I saw his dialogue box come up I knew I wouldn't enjoy him, and I was right.

Honorable mentions include:

Snowe of Suikoden IV - whiny aristocrat
Fayt of SO3 - teen with existential angst

I must have a bias against teenage males with emotional issues, yet somehow I don't find the supposed epitome (Squall of FFVIII) annoying at all.

FELIPE NO

Classic J-Pop Volume 31
Add your location here at the ------> GFF Members Geographic Database
BucPride
HOLYSHITHEISSHORT

Member 172

Level 16.43

Mar 2006

Old Jul 24, 2006, 03:13 AM #48 of 91
I always hated Tidus in FFX. At first glance, I knew I would. He looked like a reject from a boy-band, and my fear was confirmed as I played it. He was really annoying, and to a degree that's beyond Cloud in my opinion (although, thats another character I'd like to incinerate) I hate to beat a dead horse here, but I can't help but stress enough, Tidus needed to be less of a cheery go-getter feminin' looking character.

Most amazing jew boots
Inhert
The body may heal, the mind is not always so resilient.

Member 225

Level 35.92

Mar 2006

Old Jul 24, 2006, 03:28 AM #49 of 91
I have to say, all charasters of tales of Legendia, man I hate to say this but I so HATE this game, it's boring, the story is shit, they really screw up the battle system and the character are so annoying, those voices doesn't even fit the character and god I never seen so many annoying characters in the same party at the same in a single game >.>

do I have to say annoying again? (god I'm happy they return to the "true" team that worked on previous tales before)

Sharaz Jek
Larry Oji, Super Moderator, Judge, "Dirge for the Follin" Project Director, VG Frequency Creator

Member 10557

Level 3.31

Aug 2006

Old Aug 3, 2006, 04:53 AM #50 of 91
My least favorite mains are Lenneth Valkyrie and Shion Uzuki. The former is extremely dull and highly unsympathetic, while the latter is obnoxious and useless. I also dislike Squall. Mute mains are always a terrible idea. I'd rather be stuck with a character I hate rather than that. I don't like Yuri Hyuga much either, mostly because of his lousy idiot one-liners in Covenant.

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming > [General Discussion] Heros in RPGs who you wish you could kill slowly and painfully.