Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > I make a bitch sandwich
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

View Poll Results: The Silver Bullet, or the Green Cactus?
Qdoba 3 13.64%
Chipotle 19 86.36%
Voters: 22. You may not vote on this poll

Qdoba vs. Chipotle

Adol
Wind of the Plains.

Member 17840

Level 9.35

Jan 2007

Old Jun 14, 2008, 01:08 AM Local time: Jun 14, 2008, 01:08 AM #26 of 38
Fuck, now I want a veggie burrito, extra fajita, corn salsa, guac, no sour cream. Unfortunately, thanks to the endlessly rising floodwaters, the normal 15 minute walk there has been turned into a 40 minute quest through flooded streets, unstable bridges, and tourists from Illinois who start fistfights if someone asks that they would PLEASE quit standing on the sandbag levee that we're trying to build so that the city doesn't sink under 20 feet of water.

And the stupid part is that I'm probably going to risk drowning to get one now. ENJOY YOUR 500 YEAR FLOOD GUYS

We don't have Qdoba around here, instead we get Panchero's, which is a regional chain. It's not very good, as I found that they're quite expensive for their small meal sizes, and everything has this odd cloying sweetness to it. I'm aware that tortillas are supposed to be slightly sweet, but they take that quite a bit too far.

There's nowhere I can't reach.

Last edited by Adol; Jun 14, 2008 at 01:12 AM.
Arainach
Sensors indicate an Ancient Civilization

Member 1200

Level 26.94

Mar 2006

Old Jun 14, 2008, 11:47 AM #27 of 38
Eh. I have all 3 (Panchero's, Qdoba, and Chipotle) around, and I prefer Panchero's to Qdoba. Quality's about the same and prices are better.

Chipotle's still probably the best of the bunch, however.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
Guru
:wink wink:

Member 85

Level 27.73

Mar 2006

Old Jun 14, 2008, 11:25 PM Local time: Jun 14, 2008, 11:25 PM #28 of 38
I think Panchero's is better than both Qdoba and Chipotle. The tortillas are better, and they have better salsas.

I don't like Chipotle much because all the meats taste the same, except for the chicken (which is the least tasty anyways). I guess I'm just not a fan of adobo.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
<@a_lurker> I like zeal better than guru.
<@a_lurker> There, I said it, I'm not taking it back.
Meth
I'm not entirely joking.

Member 565

Level 26.04

Mar 2006

Old Jun 15, 2008, 05:05 PM Local time: Jun 15, 2008, 04:05 PM #29 of 38
Qdoba... Chipotle... They pale in comparison. If you're looking for the world's greatest burrito, the you must fly to Albuquerque, New Mexico and go to Dos Hermanos. Nothing else comes close.

Dos Hermanos Authentic New Mexican Restaurants - Albuquerque, New Mexico

I was speaking idiomatically.
xiaowei
Bear Leisure

Member 792

Level 16.30

Mar 2006

Old Jun 15, 2008, 10:19 PM #30 of 38
I'm first going to have to represent my local burrito bar, Machismo Burrito Bar: Fresh. Local. Delicious. They're really vegetarian friendly and have really fresh stuff.

It's a tough call. It really depends on the crew working the night, because I've gotten fantastic and terrible burritos from both. Qdoba tends to vary the most, while Chipotle usually is pretty consistently decent. I have a million coupons for $5 Qdoba Burrito and Drink meal, which definitely skews it to Qdoba's favor. Combined with Qdoba's variety, it makes Chiptole look pretty sad. However, it's hard as shit to get to Qdoba, due to their shitty parking situation in my area.

And 1.50 Guac? What the hell is up with that?

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
Arainach

Member 1200

Level 26.94

Mar 2006

Old Jun 16, 2008, 01:11 AM #31 of 38
Qdoba... Chipotle... They pale in comparison. If you're looking for the world's greatest burrito, the you must fly to Albuquerque, New Mexico and go to Dos Hermanos. Nothing else comes close.

Dos Hermanos Authentic New Mexican Restaurants - Albuquerque, New Mexico
No duh. Pick any food you want - some small shop will be able to beat the national chains any day. That's not this thread. This thread is deciding which big chain (that most people have access to) is superior .

FELIPE NO
Stealth
Indigo 1

Member 207

Level 22.37

Mar 2006

Old Jun 16, 2008, 02:56 AM Local time: Jun 16, 2008, 01:56 AM #32 of 38
Chipotle, the steak just tastes much better. Also, free drinks for students. At least around here.

Though I do love a Queso burrito every once in a while.

:3 Legend has it that the Chipotle near my campus was the first restaurant~ (yea go Colorado)
I keep hearing this, but not sure which one people are talking about. I want to know if I've been there :/

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?

Last edited by Stealth; Jun 16, 2008 at 03:13 AM.
Meth
I'm not entirely joking.

Member 565

Level 26.04

Mar 2006

Old Jun 17, 2008, 10:53 AM Local time: Jun 17, 2008, 09:53 AM #33 of 38
No duh. Pick any food you want - some small shop will be able to beat the national chains any day. That's not this thread. This thread is deciding which big chain (that most people have access to) is superior .
Well sorry for being so off topic; why you gotta be such a Nazi? Not like mentioning another burrito joint completely derails the thread. You'll thank me later when your find yourself in ABQ eating a Dos burrito and realize that your life is complete.

Does anybody have access to a Taco del Mar? If so, how do you think it compares to the other chains?

Jam it back in, in the dark.
Arainach

Member 1200

Level 26.94

Mar 2006

Old Jun 19, 2008, 01:05 AM #34 of 38
I assure you that my life will be considerably more complete if I never have occasion to visit New Mexico.

Taco del Mar's not bad, but I'd prefer any of the 3 chains mentioned thus far in the thread over it.

There's nowhere I can't reach.
J-Man
Taller than a tree

Member 102

Level 23.11

Mar 2006

Old Jun 19, 2008, 03:05 AM Local time: Jun 19, 2008, 01:05 AM #35 of 38
Well sorry for being so off topic; why you gotta be such a Nazi? Not like mentioning another burrito joint completely derails the thread. You'll thank me later when your find yourself in ABQ eating a Dos burrito and realize that your life is complete.

Does anybody have access to a Taco del Mar? If so, how do you think it compares to the other chains?
Taco Del Mar is the only one of the chains that I've ever even seen, let alone been to. I'd never even heard of Qdoba before this thread was made. That said, I am a fan of the Mondo Burrito. It seems that unless the person who made your burrito was a total douche, they usually pack them rediculously fat. So much so that a single well made Mondo will be enough to satisfy even a giant hunger, from my experience. Befriending the staff never hurts either, since I work across the street from a TDM. Nice enough guys.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
Guru
:wink wink:

Member 85

Level 27.73

Mar 2006

Old Jun 19, 2008, 09:46 AM Local time: Jun 19, 2008, 09:46 AM #36 of 38
Qdoba has a new pulled pork on the menu, which is absolutely a must. It's way better than either the chicken or the beef. They get major props for it!

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
<@a_lurker> I like zeal better than guru.
<@a_lurker> There, I said it, I'm not taking it back.
Zefier
Breaktime

Member 7533

Level 14.42

May 2006

Old Jun 20, 2008, 05:47 PM #37 of 38
Hmm, my experience with Qdoba wasn't that good, but hearing all these responses about Qdoba makes me want to go back and revise that. Good thing a Qdoba opened up about 10 minutes away from home.

My vote goes for Chipotle, however. I found Qdoba to be amazingly dry, but it could've been that specific restaurant.

I was speaking idiomatically.
Acacia
Chocobo

Member 1401

Level 12.13

Mar 2006

Old Jun 21, 2008, 03:30 AM #38 of 38
Chipotle, the steak just tastes much better. Also, free drinks for students. At least around here.

Though I do love a Queso burrito every once in a while.

I keep hearing this, but not sure which one people are talking about. I want to know if I've been there :/
It's apparently the one on Evans, near DU, but I'm not so sure.

A lot of Chipotle places have special events where you do ridiculous things for a free food. I remember seeing a lot of tin foil on Halloween and if you buy gift cards for certain holidays, you get a free burrito when you bring in the receipt.

Anyway, does Qdoba have any promotional things like that? I heard that if you sign up for the newsletter, you get a coupon for your birthday? I definitely wanna give them another try, but there aren't a ton of locations.

Taco del Mar's west coast, right? I only saw them in Orange County in California, although they had some pretty incredible burritos too...

...delicious and expensive Mexican food...

...Yeah, wow. Definitely should not be reading this thread at 2.30 in the mornin' (especially Adol's post!)

Fuck I'm hungry

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > I make a bitch sandwich > Qdoba vs. Chipotle