Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

[PS2] God Of War 2

Simo
Just an old killer. Hired for some wet work

Member 86

Level 24.92

Mar 2006

Old Mar 15, 2007, 03:21 PM #26 of 60
Did you forego sleep or something? People said this game was twice as long as the original, and it's only been out a day.

Wow, was the sequence where
Spoiler:
The Steeds of Time start up and pull the two islands together
realtime? Because if so.....wow.
Seemed like a prerendered cinematic using the in-game engine but with how good the graphics look it's hard to tell. That was an awesome and jaw dropping moment though.

BTW did anyone else check out the reverse sleeve with the packaging? Looks like we get the best of both worlds in terms of the NTSC/PAL artwork.

There's nowhere I can't reach.
Soldier
Hero of Twilight

Member 98

Level 35.79

Mar 2006

Old Mar 15, 2007, 03:39 PM #27 of 60
Right now my only big complaint is that so far, most of the enemies are carried over from the previous game, or just rehashes of the original monsters. I'm still in the area that I spoiler tagged, but I hope there will be plenty of original opponents aside from the bosses.

Most amazing jew boots
Simo

Member 86

Level 24.92

Mar 2006

Old Mar 15, 2007, 04:43 PM #28 of 60
Right now my only big complaint is that so far, most of the enemies are carried over from the previous game, or just rehashes of the original monsters. I'm still in the area that I spoiler tagged, but I hope there will be plenty of original opponents aside from the bosses.
I'm a little past there after getting...
Spoiler:
The Amulet/Sphere of the Fates which allows you to slow down time...

....and some enemies from the first game crop up along with some new cool ones too especially if you remember the old Harryhausen Clash Of The Titans/Jason & The Argonaughts.

Right now I just defeated...
Spoiler:
The Barbarian King from the first game and received my first sub weapon: The Barbarian's Hammer. Awesome weapon with some great damage.

How ya doing, buddy?
Soldier
Hero of Twilight

Member 98

Level 35.79

Mar 2006

Old Mar 15, 2007, 11:11 PM #29 of 60
I never saw the movie, so the reference is lost on me.

I just keep hoping a certain Herculian hero makes an appearance. And it would freaking rock if Kevin Sorbo did the voice. If anyone can give Kratos a run for his money....

I was speaking idiomatically.
dagget
Spoot

Member 72

Level 36.40

Mar 2006

Old Mar 16, 2007, 05:00 AM #30 of 60
I never saw the movie, so the reference is lost on me.

I just keep hoping a certain Herculian hero makes an appearance. And it would freaking rock if Kevin Sorbo did the voice. If anyone can give Kratos a run for his money....
Spoiler:
Cam Clarke is the voice. :P (I read it in the booklet )

Woke up about 3 am and decided to play a little bit more. I got Typhon's Bane and to the next area before stopping. Heh I want to savor my time playing this. :P

Most amazing jew boots

Single Elbow
You have no dignity.

Member 707

Level 34.01

Mar 2006

Old Mar 16, 2007, 01:44 PM Local time: Mar 16, 2007, 11:44 AM #31 of 60
I'm thinking of picking this up, save for one issue:

In the original God of War, when you finish the game, everything that you did will be erased when you start a new game. Does GoW2 allow carrying over items/experience/whatever when you start a new game?

FELIPE NO
Simo

Member 86

Level 24.92

Mar 2006

Old Mar 16, 2007, 03:37 PM #32 of 60
I'm thinking of picking this up, save for one issue:

In the original God of War, when you finish the game, everything that you did will be erased when you start a new game. Does GoW2 allow carrying over items/experience/whatever when you start a new game?
Yes. GoWII has a "New Game+" where you get to keep all your abilities and upgrades from you've unlocked to a new game. Also there are extra items, Urns of Power I believe, placed throughout the game during the "New Game+" to help unlock more features.

Originally Posted by SOLDIER
never saw the movie, so the reference is lost on me.
Basically skeletons with swords which were actually going to be in the first game but Jaffe scrapped them because they seemed too obvious and boring an enemy due to those Harryhausen flicks. Although being further in the game the new enemies seem to coming out in droves now.

Speaking about Harryhausen and Clash Of The Titans, regarding Perseus...
Spoiler:
That was a good battle but the final blow was such a great payoff, not to mention a really brutal way to go.

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
Dark Nation
Employed

Member 722

Level 44.20

Mar 2006

Old Mar 23, 2007, 04:24 AM Local time: Mar 23, 2007, 02:24 AM #33 of 60
Hey Hey, just picked up the game last night, and boy its been real fun so far. I got stuck in a couple parts but only bogged down to looking at a FAQ for one part.

Currently I am at:
Spoiler:
Kratos's enemy, the bearded guy on the horse in the swamp, who just won't die

The bonus features are especially interesting for me, as a prospective game designer, so I'll definetly check it out after I beat the game... now back to beating down this ugly mofo.

Jam it back in, in the dark.
LS

Purple

Member 509

Level 21.05

Mar 2006

Old Mar 23, 2007, 08:05 AM Local time: Mar 23, 2007, 09:05 PM #34 of 60
That boss is actually easy, i had problems regarding the one that simo talked about.

Anywho the easiest solution was i leveled my blade til level 3, and leveled my Bane to level 2, just R1+square and L2+triangle, Also wait for the incoming summon of that guy haha.

immp
Hortus Ortus Vinco

Member 584

Level 15.79

Mar 2006

Old Mar 23, 2007, 11:36 AM #35 of 60
I dunno about anyone else but I think this game was meant to be played on God(hard) mode. I played about 2 chapters on spartan(normal) mode and found there was never any threat of death in any of the battles. I'm almost done the game now on hard mode and I must say its a ton more satisfying. Sure you die like 4 - 11 times on every boss, but that just makes the way kratos finishes them off all the more pleasing. You must try it.

Most amazing jew boots
Simo

Member 86

Level 24.92

Mar 2006

Old Mar 23, 2007, 02:55 PM #36 of 60
I dunno about anyone else but I think this game was meant to be played on God(hard) mode. I played about 2 chapters on spartan(normal) mode and found there was never any threat of death in any of the battles. I'm almost done the game now on hard mode and I must say its a ton more satisfying. Sure you die like 4 - 11 times on every boss, but that just makes the way kratos finishes them off all the more pleasing. You must try it.
Pretty much the mode I've been playing it on. God Mode seems like it's more suited for GoW vets while Spartan is for those who missed out on the first game but ultimately it's whatever you're comfortable with.

I haven't had a chance to play for 2 or 3 days which means no I haven't completed it and I'm currently at...
Spoiler:
the Palace of the Fates with the Phoenix Ashes challenge.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
jb1234
Good Chocobo

Member 1985

Level 15.40

Mar 2006

Old Mar 23, 2007, 08:36 PM #37 of 60
I played about half of the game on Normal but got stuck on one of the battles so I gave in and switched to Easy. And it really WAS Easy from that point on. I'll probably replay the game on a higher difficulty level for the satisfaction.

Dark Nation
Employed

Member 722

Level 44.20

Mar 2006

Old Mar 23, 2007, 09:26 PM Local time: Mar 23, 2007, 07:26 PM #38 of 60
That boss is actually easy, i had problems regarding the one that simo talked about.

Anywho the easiest solution was i leveled my blade til level 3, and leveled my Bane to level 2, just R1+square and L2+triangle, Also wait for the incoming summon of that guy haha.
Funny enough a couple minutes after that battle I beat him, as I figured out the 'strategy' (Blocking and Counter-Attack), although the lightning did come in handy.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
Simo

Member 86

Level 24.92

Mar 2006

Old Mar 24, 2007, 11:05 AM #39 of 60
Just completed it. Excellent, excellent game where the visuals never failed to impress and the action along with all the boss fights that kept the game being challenging and gruesomely rewarding. The only problem now is that I'm left to wait at the very least 2 years for God Of War III...

Now I've just got give the Challenge mode a whirl and replay the game to get all the urns which I've already found one of.

I'm just a little perplexed about one thing though because the instruction booklet notes Cam Clarke voicing Hercules...
Spoiler:
..and yet he is nowhere to be found in the game, so what's the deal? Hopefully they'll throw him in GoWIII for an encounter...

...along with Achilles and heck, if you can get Harry Hamlin to reprise his role from Clash Of The Titans for GoWII then how about trying to get Gerard Butler for Leonidas?

I think I'm going to look into getting the LE guide next week plus the 2 versions of the Kratos figure are supposed arrive then too which I'll post some snaps of when I get 'em.

FELIPE NO
Sexninja
Contents Under Pressure

Member 1142

Level 22.05

Mar 2006

Old Mar 24, 2007, 01:34 PM Local time: Mar 24, 2007, 11:34 PM #40 of 60
Simo, the answer to your question
Spoiler:
heracles
, is THAT BLACK FIGURE you fought and killed . The same spartan that also survives in the beginning. You can also unlock him after finishing the game, in titan mode, as alternate costume along with
Spoiler:
athena
People who have read GreekMyth had no problem figuring that out.

Moreover the spear guy name is also not mentioned but he also is Greek hero i.e
Spoiler:
Theseus

Game is stunning the architecture,art design and levels.
I loved the bosses and how gruesomely kratos kills them, excellent fatalities.

One question
What are the contents of second dvd?
(is there any concept art, music samples , how much content is there, i am more interested in concept arts).

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?

Last edited by Sexninja; Mar 24, 2007 at 01:46 PM. Reason: additional info
Simo

Member 86

Level 24.92

Mar 2006

Old Mar 24, 2007, 04:41 PM #41 of 60
Simo, the answer to your question
Spoiler:
heracles
, is THAT BLACK FIGURE you fought and killed . The same spartan that also survives in the beginning. You can also unlock him after finishing the game, in titan mode, as alternate costume along with
Spoiler:
athena
People who have read GreekMyth had no problem figuring that out.
Spoiler:
THAT was Hercules?! Eh...well that doesn't seem to make much sense. I thought Hercules was supposed to be another champion and son of Zeus and not just a Spartan soldier...

Quote:
One question
What are the contents of second dvd?
(is there any concept art, music samples , how much content is there, i am more interested in concept arts).
Haven't watched all the DVD but there are like 3 or 4 documentaries about the concept art for the game be it the creation of Kratos, the environments, enemies, the creation of Zeus and the bosses. There's also a doc for the music of the game with interviews.

eprox1
The Year 20XX

Member 1977

Level 20.96

Mar 2006

Old Mar 24, 2007, 05:59 PM Local time: Mar 24, 2007, 05:59 PM #42 of 60
BEGIN: SPECULATION

Simo

Member 86

Level 24.92

Mar 2006

Old Mar 24, 2007, 08:02 PM #43 of 60
What the bloody heck?! I assume from the title and artwork it'll be the official unveiling of the PSP title, something like a prequel to GoWII...?

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
Sexninja
Contents Under Pressure

Member 1142

Level 22.05

Mar 2006

Old Mar 24, 2007, 08:19 PM Local time: Mar 25, 2007, 06:19 AM #44 of 60
Tight find man!
Can't wait to have more of this series. Well the PSP version is coming this year, but i am wondering why there is PS2 logo there?
Also it could be European release ad campaign.

Simo:
Spoiler:
Well yes he was supposed to but the game has fictionalized Greekmyth, some of the greek parts are there , other are heavily modified(for good,Greekmyth can't get more creative and exciting like this). So its its their version.
Myths aren't about sense i guess. I was wondering and even asked someone that how could Titans can have sex with human, giving birth to human child. What is the sex process?
Some said that titans could take human form but nothing is concrete .

There are many sons of zeus and kronos, almost all of them are brothers and sisters, its quite complicated, they all haven't got importance and attention atleast in this story so hercules importance is not the case here, kratos is more important.
Where hercules always gets attention in other stories, here he is not the star but kratos is and i liked it.
In other stories kratos is not even mentioned, only after gow1 i found his existenz.
Come to think of it Threesisters of fate, athena, ares all are even children of zeus.http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zeus
Also do check the pics i attached and the wikipedia entry of gow2 for extra tidbits, in case you have missed.Take note of the bosses you wil face in gow3.
4 of them standing in the final FMV

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 3632.jpg (410.7 KB, 16 views)
File Type: jpg 6881.jpg (292.7 KB, 10 views)
Simo

Member 86

Level 24.92

Mar 2006

Old Mar 24, 2007, 11:23 PM #45 of 60
Simo:
Spoiler:
Well yes he was supposed to but the game has fictionalized Greekmyth, some of the greek parts are there , other are heavily modified(for good,Greekmyth can't get more creative and exciting like this). So its its their version.
Myths aren't about sense i guess. I was wondering and even asked someone that how could Titans can have sex with human, giving birth to human child. What is the sex process?
Some said that titans could take human form but nothing is concrete .

There are many sons of zeus and kronos, almost all of them are brothers and sisters, its quite complicated, they all haven't got importance and attention atleast in this story so hercules importance is not the case here, kratos is more important.
Where hercules always gets attention in other stories, here he is not the star but kratos is and i liked it.
In other stories kratos is not even mentioned, only after gow1 i found his existenz.
Come to think of it Threesisters of fate, athena, ares all are even children of zeus.http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zeus
Also do check the pics i attached and the wikipedia entry of gow2 for extra tidbits, in case you have missed.Take note of the bosses you wil face in gow3.
4 of them standing in the final FMV
I know but Hercules is just an important character as Zeus in all respects since the majority of people are more likely to know who Hercules is over say Perseus. Heck the Spartans are supposed to of descended from Hercules himself so it seems highly unlikely...
Spoiler:
...that the last Spartan Kratos commands and fights is Hercules. That and the bonus Hercules costume basically rules out the last Spartan anyways.

So again, where is Hercules in GoWII?

Sexninja
Contents Under Pressure

Member 1142

Level 22.05

Mar 2006

Old Mar 25, 2007, 04:32 AM Local time: Mar 25, 2007, 02:32 PM #46 of 60
Reading other boards/forums, all gamers are confused. Whether he is or not, gamers are fighting.
Things to get noted

Camclarke voiced him.
He is crdited.
Maybe he was cut out in last second.
I never checked the model (alt. costume), so i was under wrong impression.
Do you have any pic the costume anyway?
There is no other guess , but my final guess would be that he will appear in PSP game.
Maybe the voices have been already recorded for PSP version too.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
Simo

Member 86

Level 24.92

Mar 2006

Old Mar 25, 2007, 10:18 AM #47 of 60
Reading other boards/forums, all gamers are confused. Whether he is or not, gamers are fighting.
Things to get noted

Camclarke voiced him.
He is crdited.
Maybe he was cut out in last second.
I never checked the model (alt. costume), so i was under wrong impression.
Do you have any pic the costume anyway?
There is no other guess , but my final guess would be that he will appear in PSP game.
Maybe the voices have been already recorded for PSP version too.
Here's a YouTube video of the costume:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JCm20WxG70w

I'm wondering if he's actually one of the challenges for the Challenge of the Titans or whatever the uber challenge mode you can unlock is called.

Anyways I did come across some excellent concept art for GoWII by Andy Park:

Spoiler:

I think I'll need to check out the LE guide on Wednesday for the artbook.

FELIPE NO
Sexninja
Contents Under Pressure

Member 1142

Level 22.05

Mar 2006

Old Mar 26, 2007, 09:34 AM Local time: Mar 26, 2007, 07:34 PM #48 of 60
Fuck man excellent , i don't have words to explain my excitement. Please answer my query below

1. Is this andypark art form extra DVD?

2.Where to get this LE guide (you are showing)? Are these concepts in the extra dvd or they are completely new just for this LE?

Update: came across this http://andyparkart.blogspot.com/
This pic is from here so , i think i have no other way to get this artbook other than requesting yout , if you can scan but 112 pages?
So my question again , if these concpets are there in extra bonus dvd or not?

Most amazing jew boots
Simo

Member 86

Level 24.92

Mar 2006

Old Mar 27, 2007, 02:31 PM #49 of 60
Fuck man excellent , i don't have words to explain my excitement. Please answer my query below

1. Is this andypark art form extra DVD?

2.Where to get this LE guide (you are showing)? Are these concepts in the extra dvd or they are completely new just for this LE?

Update: came across this http://andyparkart.blogspot.com/
This pic is from here so , i think i have no other way to get this artbook other than requesting yout , if you can scan but 112 pages?
So my question again , if these concpets are there in extra bonus dvd or not?
The concept art is from Andy Park's official site:
http://www.andyparkart.com

Not everything is there and naturally more is in the artbook and then some considering the other artists involved.

The second DVD with the game has no Art Gallery feature but several documentaries about the art design where you get glimpses of various pieces of artwork. So really it seems the LE guide is your best bet to get all your GoWII art needs.

OZZcln
Fallen Angel

Member 645

Level 5.11

Mar 2006

Old Mar 27, 2007, 09:06 PM Local time: Mar 27, 2007, 09:06 PM #50 of 60
I have to say I love the game, I finished it on god mode in about 11 hours or so, and I'm probably about a quarter of the way through it on titan mode. The challenge of the fates is a nice touch, but not as long as the first GOW's challenge of the gods. I don't think it's as challenging either.

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming > [PS2] God Of War 2