Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

[PC] World of Warcraft

Yggdrasil
Wonderful Chocobo

Member 940

Level 19.45

Mar 2006

Old May 29, 2006, 01:01 AM Local time: May 28, 2006, 10:01 PM #1 of 1941
Originally Posted by Gechmir
O FUN TIMES...

...You have left the group.
Hooray for braindead groups. Once had a similiar group in ZF, we must have wiped at least 4 times on the basilisk boss. First time it was because our deadbeat hunter ventured to close to the boss and pulled him while the rest of the group was getting ready. Second time was because no one was really ready for the basilisk spawn wave. Third time we dealt with the 1st spawns by having me AoE them but the 2nd wave nailed our healer and we fell quickly after that. Fourth and fifth time, same thing, we weren't ready for that 2nd wave healer keeps getting aggroed and the tank couldn't pull them off. Finally on the 6th try we finally beat the boss. So we move on, dealt with the zombie boss without wiping (miracle) but once we got near the temple our hunter made some really horrible pulls without letting us know before hand, and he didn't even wait for us to finish off the patrols. Well a bad pull + a patrol, GG. Party wipes, me and the druid finally decided we had enough and promptly left.

Double Post:
Originally Posted by Ekon
Anyone able to help me identify the mods used in this interface? The only mod I ever used was cosmos around launch time but since then I've been just using the default UI and haven't ventured into WoW's interface forum at all.

I am not positively sure, but that might be Nurfed HUD. Don't quote me on this.

Jam it back in, in the dark.

Last edited by Yggdrasil; May 29, 2006 at 01:09 AM. Reason: Automerged additional post.
Yggdrasil
Wonderful Chocobo

Member 940

Level 19.45

Mar 2006

Old Jun 10, 2006, 09:23 PM Local time: Jun 10, 2006, 06:23 PM #2 of 1941
Originally Posted by Xellos

That's right, it dropped! I got my thunderfury woot!
oh shit, nice. How long did it take you to get all the things needed for it?

There's nowhere I can't reach.
Yggdrasil
Wonderful Chocobo

Member 940

Level 19.45

Mar 2006

Old Aug 5, 2006, 03:21 PM Local time: Aug 5, 2006, 12:21 PM #3 of 1941
From hearing all the whining from shamans about how useless their totems are in raids it almost seems this class/faction switch is a buff for the horde. We get windfury and mana tide totems, they get kings, might, wisdom etc etc. Then again I've never really raided with horde so I don't have any first hand knowledge...

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
Yggdrasil
Wonderful Chocobo

Member 940

Level 19.45

Mar 2006

Old Aug 22, 2006, 08:59 PM Local time: Aug 22, 2006, 05:59 PM #4 of 1941
No surprise that the servers are down, but what really gets me this time is the fact that the downed servers have essentially stripped me of most of my serious characters. I guess no raiding today... at least my level 7 tauren war has a nice full bar of rest exp...

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?

Last edited by Yggdrasil; Aug 22, 2006 at 09:01 PM.
Yggdrasil
Wonderful Chocobo

Member 940

Level 19.45

Mar 2006

Old Sep 20, 2006, 02:47 PM Local time: Sep 20, 2006, 11:47 AM #5 of 1941
Originally Posted by dagget
BTW, the forums are down as far as I know. They were being moved to a more stable server. Unless they're already transferred over then away to troll I go!
It seems the forums seems to go down each time there is major server work going on. Maybe its to completely stifle the inevitable flood of "WHERE IS OUR SERVER FUCKTARDS?!?!!" threads on the forums.

In anycase today I just found out that there is a WoW server at the computer sciences building at UC Irvine today. Although I didn't find out which server it was.

I was speaking idiomatically.
Yggdrasil
Wonderful Chocobo

Member 940

Level 19.45

Mar 2006

Old Sep 21, 2006, 02:48 PM Local time: Sep 21, 2006, 11:48 AM #6 of 1941
Originally Posted by The_Griffin
God fucking dammit, Thorium Brotherhood's economy is so fucked up.

Magister's Belts going for TEN GOLD.
Nice, on tich those go for less than 10
Nightblades going up for one-hundred and fifty gold (I actually bought one for FIFTY gold). And people UNDERCUTTING that price.

It's fucking impossible to make ANYTHING these days. Seriously, this server is either filled to the brim with gold farmers or complete fucktards. >=(
150 sounds about right on tich as well. These days making gold is all about gathering professions or enchanting supplies, theres still a lot of money in those, at least on tich. You also have to slightly lower your profit margin expectations.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
Yggdrasil
Wonderful Chocobo

Member 940

Level 19.45

Mar 2006

Old Sep 22, 2006, 08:40 PM Local time: Sep 22, 2006, 05:40 PM #7 of 1941
I'm talking about the guys who are just outside of Cenarion Hold.

And it's not so much that they're difficult to kill, but that it's difficult to get just ONE. Seriously, I can't count how many times I saw 5-mans running away from that place, a stream of a dozen or more mobs after them... and how many times I was in that same position.
The twilight cultists outside CH are pretty easily killed, its those twilight maraders that you should be worried about, but they're like on the road halfway to AQ. And your server's twilight folks obviously aren't as well farmed as the ones on my server. Finding a camp with full cultist occupancy is very rare.

Anyone know where is a good place to get dreamfoil? I'm aware that Azshara, E. PL and Silithus are pretty good for that weed, but Azshara is way to spread out, and after the recent world pvp patch E. PL isn't a very happy place. And silithus has way too few dreamfoil nodes to make it a really viable gathering area.

FELIPE NO
Yggdrasil
Wonderful Chocobo

Member 940

Level 19.45

Mar 2006

Old Oct 24, 2006, 04:15 AM Local time: Oct 24, 2006, 01:15 AM #8 of 1941
Taken from the offical WoW forums
Originally Posted by Eyonix
IRVINE, Calif. -- Blizzard Entertainment® today announced that the release date for World of Warcraft®: The Burning Crusade™, the highly anticipated expansion for World of Warcraft, will be in January 2007. By adding a few extra weeks to the development cycle beyond its original target date, Blizzard will be able to extend the closed beta test and further refine the new content that will ship with the game.

“We appreciate the enthusiasm surrounding World of Warcraft: The Burning Crusade, and we’re excited about putting the finishing touches on all of the new content,” said Mike Morhaime, president and cofounder of Blizzard Entertainment. “We feel confident that the extra time spent polishing the game will result in the high-quality experience that our players expect and deserve.”

Blizzard began the closed-beta phase of testing on World of Warcraft: The Burning Crusade earlier this month. The January 2007 release window will allow extra time for current beta testers to participate in the final stages of development and continue providing valuable feedback.

Further information on specific worldwide release dates, pricing, and other details will be announced in the near future.
Janurary release date eh? I guess that gives me more time to grind to Commander for my mounts.

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
Yggdrasil
Wonderful Chocobo

Member 940

Level 19.45

Mar 2006

Old Dec 11, 2006, 03:33 PM Local time: Dec 11, 2006, 12:33 PM #9 of 1941
Originally Posted by dagget
Man, I'm having so much fun PVPing. I think now it's that I can get gear and basically "solo" instead of having to go in a raiding group and hope I can get stuff. This new honor change has brought life back into WoW for me and at least for the next month I'll be doing a lot of PVPing to get some gear that makes a difference. :P

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_0WxrEmZlvE

Burning Crusade opening cinematic filmed at the VGAs
Video taken down due to blizzard and content permissions.

Jam it back in, in the dark.
Yggdrasil
Wonderful Chocobo

Member 940

Level 19.45

Mar 2006

Old Dec 21, 2006, 11:28 PM Local time: Dec 21, 2006, 08:28 PM #10 of 1941
Originally Posted by Kostaki
I was reading the WOW boards earlier, and I came across this gem of a screenshot.

http://i88.photobucket.com/albums/k1...906_191636.jpg

I have to ask this. Is that whole Shoot the fucker! thing part of the actual UI or do you actually type that in there, or is that a button or something?

Because I was lol'in over all that screenshot for about 10 minutes.
For that matter what UI (or UIs) is that person using? I've seen similarly set up UIs but recently I've had the urge to get my UI redone.

There's nowhere I can't reach.
Yggdrasil
Wonderful Chocobo

Member 940

Level 19.45

Mar 2006

Old Oct 6, 2007, 04:17 AM Local time: Oct 6, 2007, 01:17 AM #11 of 1941
Sad to say i'm playing on a pserver (Not that i cant afford retail. its just that i can't invest that much time since i know i'll be forced if i did)
I was about to say, you have what appears to the T6 warrior helm but T5 paladin shoulders plus the shield off Illidan. Gear and class inconsistencies aside, all in a month? Was about to ask who on ebay did you buy it from or what kind of in-game contacts did you know before joining.

Most amazing jew boots
Yggdrasil
Wonderful Chocobo

Member 940

Level 19.45

Mar 2006

Old Oct 6, 2007, 11:47 PM Local time: Oct 6, 2007, 08:47 PM #12 of 1941
I bet private servers are really laggy. Hell, its laggy on blizz's servers, but again im sure its my shitty comp
I think that would really vary from server to server. Way back in the day I used to play on some private RO servers. Some of them were pretty terrible, but there were also a few that were pretty damned good. Just a shame they really cracked down on those servers since the good ones tend to get the largest gatherings.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming > [PC] World of Warcraft