Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

[PC] World of Warcraft

Guru
:wink wink:

Member 85

Level 27.73

Mar 2006

Old Aug 4, 2006, 02:52 PM Local time: Aug 4, 2006, 02:52 PM #1 of 1941
Originally Posted by Xellos
That's pretty fucked up. Think how that will change 40 man raids. It differs per raid and per boss, but your going to have to sacrifice some spots to let in a 9th class. In the past you usually had like a 5 per class balance, what about now?

It's kinda imba in a way though, Kings, Might AND Windfury, Strength of Earth, Grace of Air? (I know they're both air) That will be nerfed. No way you mysteriously get double buffs all of a sudden. What about Fire resist totem and Fire Aura, 120 from just that, how about no?

I don't care either way, I quit and I'm glad I got all this shit over with.
But the Shaman totems require you to be in their group, don't they? (I've never played horde so I'm not too positive). I know the Paladin auras only affect their group. So getting 120 fire resist by stacking a shaman and a paladin in a group pretty much balances everything since there are only going to be 3 people getting the benefit of that buff. I suppose it will be good for guilds that are learning Firemaw, but that's all I can really think of.

I will give you windfury, however, as being an awesome buff to DPS for a Shaman/Rogue/Rogue/Rogue/Warrior group that already has might. I don't think it'll get nerfed -- you have to realize that the game mechanics are going to change as a result of a substantial buff like that, and guilds are going to have to readjust their approach to a lot of encounters that are delicate on the aggro meters.

And like you said, making room in a raid for a 9th class is challenge enough in balancing the raiding game. Bringing a shaman? Well, that most likely means you're dropping a paladin, or a DPS class. Dropping one DPS for a DPS buff to one group probably isn't going to change much at all. I don't think 3 people with a windfury buff are going to do so much more damage to compensate for 1 rogue, fury warrior or mage being left out of the raid.

Jam it back in, in the dark.
Guru

Member 85

Level 27.73

Mar 2006

Old Aug 5, 2006, 02:29 PM Local time: Aug 5, 2006, 02:29 PM #2 of 1941
I suppose we might see a lot of people clicking off Might? =p

There's nowhere I can't reach.
Guru

Member 85

Level 27.73

Mar 2006

Old Aug 5, 2006, 09:49 PM Local time: Aug 5, 2006, 09:49 PM #3 of 1941
Mikey you should come back over by Laughing Skull and give me, Masanda and nwzinc a holla when you're bored

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
Guru

Member 85

Level 27.73

Mar 2006

Old Aug 6, 2006, 11:10 AM Local time: Aug 6, 2006, 11:10 AM #4 of 1941
I would venture to bet that on things like that, the threat modifier for both is reduced at least a little to compensate.

Either that, or some of the shaman and paladin talents and abilities will be switched around so they're not a direct reflection of each other any more.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
Guru

Member 85

Level 27.73

Mar 2006

Old Apr 21, 2007, 07:46 PM Local time: Apr 21, 2007, 07:46 PM #5 of 1941
Basically, the game is really boring right now. The only thing that keeps me playing is the people that I play with. But even so, I've taken a hiatus from raiding.

And it's not like I've been relegated to clearing 5 mans in pickup groups... my guild has cleared to Lady Vashj and has killed Void Reaver in Tempest Keep (although it's arguable as to whether or not any of this is actually fun.)

I'm waiting to see what this supposed "solo" content has to bring to the table in the future. I've been hearing some stuff in regards to single-player dungeons...but I don't know how much validity it has, and I don't know how soon to expect it. But if the end-game raiding continues to reap less rewards than simply grinding arena honor in a terrible team that doesn't win any games, then I think that WoW may have finally stopped being worth playing.

I was speaking idiomatically.
<@a_lurker> I like zeal better than guru.
<@a_lurker> There, I said it, I'm not taking it back.
Guru

Member 85

Level 27.73

Mar 2006

Old May 11, 2007, 09:11 PM Local time: May 11, 2007, 09:11 PM #6 of 1941
MOOOORTAL STRIIIIIKE!

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
Guru

Member 85

Level 27.73

Mar 2006

Old May 15, 2007, 12:04 AM Local time: May 15, 2007, 12:04 AM #7 of 1941
Canceled my account today. After going about a month without logging on, I figured I was getting to the point where I was wasting money.

FELIPE NO
Guru

Member 85

Level 27.73

Mar 2006

Old May 15, 2007, 08:31 PM Local time: May 15, 2007, 08:31 PM #8 of 1941
Well, what really made me quit was that I put well over a year into the end-game raiding, worked my way up to get into one of the top 10 guilds in the world (we even had a world first on one of the Naxxramas bosses). And then with the expansion, we're forced to cut our numbers by 15 from our core (we kept the number of accounts in our guild really low -- around 50 active players). Raids go from needing 3+ of every class to needing 3+ of everything except maybe mages and warlocks, pretty much (thanks, Soulwell).

On top of that, the gear that we were even getting from Serpentshrine Cavern and Tempest Keep were pretty much worse than what you could get from Karazhan, and arguably worse than what any schmuck could get from grinding PvP (which doesn't even require you to win to get). I really feel a little put off and underappreciated for the 2+ years that I spent playing. Of course, I realize that the hardcore raiding community is a lot smaller than the average/shitty ("casual") playerbase, so Blizzard must bend to their will to keep raking in the dough.

Maybe WoW will become worth playing in two years when 80% of the players have quit and Blizzard will need to do something to appease the hardcore players to keep them around. Kind of like EverQuest. But I don't suppose they'll care much if they have Starcraft Universe out and raking in billions.

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
Guru

Member 85

Level 27.73

Mar 2006

Old May 16, 2007, 02:09 AM Local time: May 16, 2007, 02:09 AM 1 #9 of 1941
People with lives are not cut out for (being good at) MMORPGS. Don't feel too bad~

Jam it back in, in the dark.
Guru

Member 85

Level 27.73

Mar 2006

Old Jul 1, 2007, 10:50 PM Local time: Jul 1, 2007, 10:50 PM #10 of 1941
Get Ace, and use Bartender. It's the best bar mod I ever used. If you don't like it, you could also use Discord Action Bars.

There's nowhere I can't reach.
Guru

Member 85

Level 27.73

Mar 2006

Old Jul 26, 2007, 05:27 AM Local time: Jul 26, 2007, 05:27 AM #11 of 1941
If your guild doesn't raid with the same 25-30 regularly, Serpentshrine is basically not going to happen for you. Hydross is probably the 2nd hardest boss in the zone, and he's the first boss you fight.

Serpentshrine is what made me quit the game, and the guild I was in was, at the time, ranked in the top 10 in the world. Right now I think they've slipped down to 15-20. But, the amount of time and gold and effort it took to learn Serpentshrine simply isn't worth it for any guild, in my opinion.

So that could be why they're skipping SSC.

Guru

Member 85

Level 27.73

Mar 2006

Old Jul 26, 2007, 09:03 PM Local time: Jul 26, 2007, 09:03 PM #12 of 1941
My guild has ... killed everything. But not without some pretty intense effort. When you're the ones learning the new content, it's a lot harder than just following a strat.

Guru

Member 85

Level 27.73

Mar 2006

Old Aug 3, 2007, 09:46 PM Local time: Aug 3, 2007, 09:46 PM #13 of 1941
Death Knights available to all classes. (Fucking Death Knight female gnome ftw~)
If what that FAQ said is true, are death knights rerolled characters, or do you permanently convert an existing character to a death knight? Because if you have to "unlock" a death knight by doing something on your current level 80 character, they may limit the races you can make into a death knight. Humans/Dwarves/Draenei and Orc/Undead/Blood Elf are my guesses for allowed races.

Guru

Member 85

Level 27.73

Mar 2006

Old Sep 3, 2007, 11:09 PM Local time: Sep 3, 2007, 11:09 PM #14 of 1941
Naxxramas was the last good dungeon in WoW. They're making it 25-Man?

Guru

Member 85

Level 27.73

Mar 2006

Old Oct 4, 2007, 01:44 PM Local time: Oct 4, 2007, 01:44 PM #15 of 1941
Too bad all has to go in one thread. No locks around here?
I played a warlock for 2 years, in Deus Vox. We were competing for world firsts in Naxxramas, and actually got the world first on Loatheb. Naxxramas is the best dungeon in the game, bar none.

I quit about halfway through our progress into SSC, because that was the shittiest dungeon I'd ever seen and the game really just got boring at that point. Best thing I ever did, to be honest.

FELIPE NO
Guru

Member 85

Level 27.73

Mar 2006

Old Oct 6, 2007, 09:48 PM Local time: Oct 6, 2007, 09:48 PM #16 of 1941
I'm sure you could find some private roleplaying servers if you wanted.

I'm somewhat interested in the developing private server community. It brings back memories of when I used to play on private UO servers, which were leaps and bounds more fun than the official UO servers. But I think the WoW servers are going to need some more time to develop and stabilize before I decide to invest time into any of them.

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
Guru

Member 85

Level 27.73

Mar 2006

Old Nov 24, 2007, 04:29 PM Local time: Nov 24, 2007, 04:29 PM #17 of 1941
Alliance almost always get beat by horde, because the horde characters skew more towards the PvP player. It's pretty much how it is on every battlegroup in PuGs.

Most amazing jew boots
Guru

Member 85

Level 27.73

Mar 2006

Old Dec 18, 2007, 02:01 PM Local time: Dec 18, 2007, 02:01 PM #18 of 1941
Downranking nerf was another thing that made me stop having fun in this game. Downranking actually made getting the best +damage gear fun as a warlock.

How ya doing, buddy?
Guru

Member 85

Level 27.73

Mar 2006

Old Apr 8, 2008, 01:57 PM Local time: Apr 8, 2008, 01:57 PM #19 of 1941
Thanks to my friend Chris getting hooked on WoW, he shot me a Scroll of Resurrection and I've got me a 10-day trial. We (including his girlfriend) are all on Smolderthorn, both of us as Orcs (him a Warrior, me a Hunter) and his girlfriend a Blood Elf Hunter. The interesting part of this experience will be the fact that it's a PvP server.
If you start playing you should get Sass to play too. I know she'd love it~

Guru

Member 85

Level 27.73

Mar 2006

Old Apr 12, 2008, 12:00 AM Local time: Apr 12, 2008, 12:00 AM #20 of 1941
I've started playing a little bit again, as horde. Have some friends that need a tank so I rolled a tauren warrior...they're powerleveling me up pretty fast (40 levels in 3 days so far!), and being as I can't really raid with my old alliance characters anymore since I'm so far gone gear-wise, I figure an upstart guild like this may be a good window of opportunity for me to get back in the swing of things.

If anyone else is interested in rerolling horde and leveling up fairly quickly, we're looking for some DPS classes (huntards and mages mostly, maybe a warlock), though if you have your heart set on a particular class, we could probably use anything if you're interested in playing with an upstart guild.

They're a pretty devoted guild, but previously focused all of their efforts on PvP 3v3's and 5v5's (they all have full season 3 gear - awesome!). Now they decided it's time to check out the PvE aspect as well.

So, drop me a line here if you're interested in playing with us!

Last edited by Guru; Apr 12, 2008 at 12:10 AM.
Guru

Member 85

Level 27.73

Mar 2006

Old Jul 28, 2008, 11:47 PM Local time: Jul 28, 2008, 11:47 PM #21 of 1941
I'm in beta but, I don't have any time. It makes me kind of sad. I know I'm not going to have time to play WOTLK either. Sad, sad, sad.

Guru

Member 85

Level 27.73

Mar 2006

Old Nov 14, 2008, 12:53 PM Local time: Nov 14, 2008, 12:53 PM #22 of 1941
Your Wal-mart is so incompetent. My Wal-mart has a giant sign in the video game section with "COMING SOON" and release dates. Even idiot employees can't miss it.

On a side note, I've considered playing WoW again, but I'm enjoying Warhammer Online a little too much for now. I do like the story progression and the leveling aspect of WoW, though...so I may have to tap into the new content at some point.

Guru

Member 85

Level 27.73

Mar 2006

Old Dec 9, 2008, 08:34 PM Local time: Dec 9, 2008, 08:34 PM #23 of 1941
Hm... major characters in WoW? Sylvannas Windrunner is fairly prominent... but not really the same caliber as Arthas or Illidan.

WoWWiki - Your guide to the World of Warcraft

FELIPE NO

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming > [PC] World of Warcraft