Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

[PC] World of Warcraft

Gechmir
Did you see anything last night?

Member 629

Level 46.64

Mar 2006

Old May 15, 2006, 11:26 PM Local time: May 15, 2006, 11:26 PM #1 of 1941
I just restarted a new account. My brother and I shared one, but parted ways. We flipped a coin, I lose, so I had to buy a new copy of the game and start a new account.

All of the characters are on Llane. Mine is a Human Rogue, named Yale (hay, name generator made it and I was curious). He is in his upper teens now. But I'm a seasoned player (of sorts). I'll be climbing levels quickly.

Jam it back in, in the dark.
Hey, maybe you should try that thing Chie was talking about.

Gechmir

Member 629

Level 46.64

Mar 2006

Old May 16, 2006, 09:29 AM Local time: May 16, 2006, 09:29 AM #2 of 1941
A talent dump in any tree for any class is the sign of a true retard.
Quoted for truth =o

Every tree has its useless talents. The best build is always a medley of everything.

There's nowhere I can't reach.

Gechmir

Member 629

Level 46.64

Mar 2006

Old May 16, 2006, 10:22 AM Local time: May 16, 2006, 10:22 AM #3 of 1941
By the by, are the servers down? o__O There's no chatter about it on Gamefags, which is where I check first if I have connectivity issues.

Just when I had a day off from work, too... ;__; They're down I s'pose. Off to run errands then...

Most amazing jew boots

Last edited by Gechmir; May 16, 2006 at 10:34 AM.
Gechmir

Member 629

Level 46.64

Mar 2006

Old May 16, 2006, 10:52 AM Local time: May 16, 2006, 10:52 AM #4 of 1941
So about another two hours. Meh. I can deal =d Off I go~

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?

Gechmir

Member 629

Level 46.64

Mar 2006

Old May 22, 2006, 12:44 PM Local time: May 22, 2006, 12:44 PM #5 of 1941
I like WoW due to easier gameplay. EQ had unreal difficulty and levelling was insane. Highest I ever got to was 15.

WoW has almost NO penalties once you die (+), leveling is easier (++), combat is much more involving (+++), it can either be all PvE or all PvP depending on how you play (++++), the list goes on ;D EQ is vastly inferior.

WoW is up there with FFXI & Ultima Online as far as my favorite MMORPG's go. I played WoW for a six month stretch some time ago and got burnt out on it. I didn't like it a ton from the get-go. I came back to it recently and I've gotta say, I fuckin' LOVE it for some reason.

I was speaking idiomatically.

Gechmir

Member 629

Level 46.64

Mar 2006

Old May 22, 2006, 04:45 PM Local time: May 22, 2006, 04:45 PM #6 of 1941
Wow. Very sweet-lookin' mod. Lemme know if you ever find out, man.

I just finished with Wailing Caverns... UGH. Fucking horrible.

I did a full run-through as my lev 20 shammy. Some lev 18 shammy whined his way into coming through nagging the leader. I had my eye on a blue mace and blue shield here, and he never mentioned wanting them. But when they drop, I hit "need". He does the same and takes them. Both of the rolls, I lost out to him. Also, we were rolling on a chest at one point. I got a 65, he got a 64, then he went on and looted it. Got some sweet blue item out of it (I would AH it) that WAS MINE =( Told the leader, but he didn't care.

Then we get to this huge-ass murloc boss. He drops some ring. Now, the shammy prick who was with us was pushing for us to go get this ring the WHOLE time. I didn't know anything about it... But the boss dies. He drops the ring. I look at it and say to myself "that's a damn nice ring."

So I hit "need". Won the ring. He bitched a shitload. But I strutted out, dinging 21 shortly afterward, and am now enjoying this unexpected treasure.

Still, he gypped me out of the following gear:
http://thottbot.com/?i=6175 (have a glove I was gonna complement this with)
http://www.thottbot.com/?i=5092
http://www.thottbot.com/?i=6595

But I made off with:
http://www.thottbot.com/?i=5353

I'm still a bit huffy. But this ring will be with my Shaman for some time =)

Most amazing jew boots

Gechmir

Member 629

Level 46.64

Mar 2006

Old May 22, 2006, 11:12 PM Local time: May 22, 2006, 11:12 PM #7 of 1941
Originally Posted by Zio
Um, to let you know Gech, if there is a druid the fang set should go to them, if not then take it all up.
There wasn't a druid. It was a Warlock, Two shammies (including me), Rogue, some crappy Warrior who used a shield and a dagger.

The Horde has a lot of elite gamers playing on the side. But there are still shitloads of idiots on the side, as I saw earlier today ><#

Dag --
I'd prefer to stick with maces =p Didn't know shammies could *use* knives.

Also, someone put an Enduring Cap up for 30s on the AH for some reason. Snagged it up and stashed it in the bank. I love capitalizing off of fuck-ups <3

FELIPE NO

Gechmir

Member 629

Level 46.64

Mar 2006

Old May 23, 2006, 01:16 AM Local time: May 23, 2006, 01:16 AM #8 of 1941
Hmm. Dunno if I'd take a dagger over a mace, though =( I'll see how this goes. Thus far, only my thief is my dagger-user.

But I need to look into Duallie Maces for my old Warrior. A former guildmate uses two maces for PvP. He's got quite a reputation due to his strikes stunning often =p I need to look into that...

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?

Gechmir

Member 629

Level 46.64

Mar 2006

Old May 23, 2006, 01:31 AM Local time: May 23, 2006, 01:31 AM #9 of 1941
I used to use Cosmos, but it bugged up Warcraft something awful. It seemed after every WoW update, Cosmos would be all "WTF D=" and screw lotsa stuff up. I liked its editability, ie: moving frames. But it had toooons of problems. Maybe someday soon...

Been camping Vultros & Rohh The Silent (sp on his name?) in Westfall & Redridge respectively. Killed them both twice now and have yet to get either of the blue daggers they drop >< 25% drop-rate my ass. Killed Rohh a second time just a moment ago. Flying to Westfall to patrol for Vultros before I crash. Got him my second time earlier today around noon. I'm quite lucky at looking for 'em when they're around. I've gotten quite punctual

((Logged out addition))
Well, I kinda adopted a "fuck it" mentality after I saw how idiotic everyone in the group was. Our warlock would wander around and grab aggro. Our mage would go AFK and I'd have to save his ass from patrols. The leader was an uber rogue. Like, level 53. He was leading us through because "he was bored". I was in the Barrens LFG to Wailing Caverns for about 40 minutes before he showed up and said "grab some folks".

We started making msg's in the LFG subsection saying "we have a group for wailing caverns. Come join us."

No response.

Rogue then msg's out "I'm level 53 and am gonna do a run through WC because I'm bored. Who's coming?"
Got all the responses within a few moments after him saying that. I figured immediately they'd be worthless or leeches. Hell, the rogue wasn't even that good. He got ganged up on and ran around too much and got killed once. I had to throw down some totems, solo a few of the mobs (stoneclaw totem gives nice time for healing ^__^) then rez him so he could dust the rest off. Lord knows the rest of the group was just running around scared. I don't like saying these sorts of things, but I'm a damn good shaman, evidently.

Most amazing jew boots

Last edited by Gechmir; May 23, 2006 at 01:48 AM.
Gechmir

Member 629

Level 46.64

Mar 2006

Old May 23, 2006, 01:08 PM Local time: May 23, 2006, 01:08 PM #10 of 1941
Hell, once FFXI was down for, like 30 hrs. It was insane ;__; Fanboy rabies if there ever was such a thing.

Most amazing jew boots

Gechmir

Member 629

Level 46.64

Mar 2006

Old May 23, 2006, 01:20 PM Local time: May 23, 2006, 01:20 PM #11 of 1941
Patch notes say shammies well get all their talent points back. Lotsa nerfing I hear ;_; We're in for a treat~

How ya doing, buddy?

Gechmir

Member 629

Level 46.64

Mar 2006

Old May 26, 2006, 10:05 AM Local time: May 26, 2006, 10:05 AM #12 of 1941
If the guild is that fucked up, why not switch? Is it a pretty notoriously good End-Game guild?

Maybe it sounds self-centered, but make a threat to leave for this kinda stuff. Possibly the guy up top will let you have the next item you want for certain or something. I wouldn't take guff like that after being in the run four times now. Make it clear to the guild or something. Some folks might not like pulling the temper-tantrum tactic, but it sounds like you've earned the right.

Gechmir

Member 629

Level 46.64

Mar 2006

Old May 28, 2006, 09:59 AM Local time: May 28, 2006, 09:59 AM #13 of 1941
Well, the top frame is Titan. I use that. It's a damn snazzy mod. As for the bottom frame which changes the UI, I haven't got a clue. But it's half-and-half.

Note: He also has Atlas but that just has a small entry on the top bar.

I was speaking idiomatically.

Gechmir

Member 629

Level 46.64

Mar 2006

Old May 28, 2006, 12:29 PM Local time: May 28, 2006, 12:29 PM #14 of 1941
O FUN TIMES.

I just did a Sunken Temple run with my Warrior. He was 54, hit 55 near the end of it. We killed all the trolls sealing in the boss-guy. I had three quests:
- Pick up 10 Tablets (done, for 7100xp and a relatively crappy trinket)
- Put item on Altar
- Turn statues and fight a boss

The latter two were stopped just short. The group I was with was once again filled with idiots. A priest who didn't seem to enjoy healing me, two druids who were always BOTH in tank form, and a warlock who never said a word except for "damn" when we got killed at the end.

One of these druids is quite the idiot. My brother mentioned to me while I was griping about the group while it was still underway that this druid in particular was in his old guild. And she was worthless.

We kill all the mobs slowly. Too slowly. Long breaks between groups. My last group was a little sloppy but lord were they better executed (except for the last boss in there). We killed all the trolls and the barrier to the altar room fell. We went there and after the first round of mobs, it became evident these folks had NEVER done ST before. They were attacking the ghosts and were all like "IT ISNT WORKING WTF PRIEST HEAL ME". Meanwhile, I'm off trying to stop a corpse eater from doing his job when I almost had him dead. I kill him, tell them to stay away from ghosts, as they die after a short period of time.

I was the designated puller, having throwing stars. I continue along. We get halfway through the altar room. I just need to get to the altar and quest #2 is finito. Well, halfway into it, the priest gets the BRILLIANT idea that she wants to pull.

"Stay back I'll pull"
Me: "What? Wait. No. Stay here."
"It'll be okaaaaaay :-)"
Me: "No. Get back here now.
Some other guy: "Dude, let her do it. It's not hard."

Next thing I know, she grabbed some mob who was on the OTHER side of a group. She pulls two groups of enemies. I switch out one of my sword for my backup shield and begin tanking. I summon alllll the mobs onto me and begin to bear the brunt of the whole onslaught. My priest is being pursued by a mob, and, like most idiots, she is running. Around in circles. A lot. I do thunder slam and stance dance around a little, trying to snag the mob off her so she can heal me. I can't catch it because she is running around. Hell, it was like she didn't WANT me to hit it. I told her to stay still while running and stuff, no go.

By this point, the worthless druids were dead. The warlock was spamming AOE's and snagged all the aggro I had on me, and ended up dead in a heartbeat, and that mob chasing the priest finally killed her. I end up taking down a couple of the weakened mobs, but I end up getting killed a minute or so later anyhow.

I figure "well, we can head back and salvage this. She learned her lesson". Then, the druid who I mentioned before (the one who was in my bro's guild) said "O MAN MY ARMOR IS CRAP GTG". She vanished. Other druid left without a word.

Priest: "We can still do it. That wasn't so bad."
You have left the group.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?

Last edited by Gechmir; May 28, 2006 at 12:35 PM.
Gechmir

Member 629

Level 46.64

Mar 2006

Old May 29, 2006, 09:48 AM Local time: May 29, 2006, 09:48 AM #15 of 1941
No idea, but I've a couple of buddies who play on one. I could get you in touch with 'em if you wanna give it a shot.

How ya doing, buddy?

Gechmir

Member 629

Level 46.64

Mar 2006

Old May 29, 2006, 03:30 PM Local time: May 29, 2006, 03:30 PM #16 of 1941
I gave him your AIM from your profile. He'll give ya a msg if they're accepting ;D I dunno how stringent they are on accepting folks.

Dunno how many folks are on it to be honest. Might be quite small member-wise.

Gechmir

Member 629

Level 46.64

Mar 2006

Old Jun 6, 2006, 03:04 PM Local time: Jun 6, 2006, 03:04 PM #17 of 1941
I've gone to and from FFXI a lot. Made shitloads of gil once the economy was at peak inflation and never lost it. Last time I was logged in, I had about 70 million Gil. There was no real challenge to buying stuff They had a HUGE bot banning and ended up deflating currency ridiculously. I'll get back to it soon...

I made a full Gnomer run across the last few days. Soooo many idiots. Recently hit 30, so I'm off to do levelling elsewhere. I'm thinking Southshore => Desolace => Stranglevale => Arathi. I fucking loathe Desolace. Might cut it out entirely if I can. I can't remember how Stranglevale is, so I'll find that out.

Gechmir

Member 629

Level 46.64

Mar 2006

Old Jun 13, 2006, 09:20 PM Local time: Jun 13, 2006, 09:20 PM #18 of 1941
Horde has NO delay on going to Battlegrounds and they have wicked racial buffs. I'd say look into them. Besides, nothing's cooler than an undead character's /laugh sound.

Paladin does magic (healing) and fighting with big weapons. But there's little button-usage involved. Lots of it is "toggled combat" and sit there. Most folks agree that it is boring to do pally. Shaman is the only class that lets you really do both nicely. And they're good with maces. Can only do them on Horde. They're the Horde's answer to the Paladin class.

Most amazing jew boots

Gechmir

Member 629

Level 46.64

Mar 2006

Old Jun 14, 2006, 12:20 PM Local time: Jun 14, 2006, 12:20 PM #19 of 1941
Tauren dance is a sideways shuffle, then jabbing up of arms into the air. Quite snazzy =)

Ahh. Hunters. Able to consistently solo critters well above their level. But DAMN they piss me off when I'm farming fire elementals. Ugh.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.

Gechmir

Member 629

Level 46.64

Mar 2006

Old Jun 14, 2006, 01:44 PM Local time: Jun 14, 2006, 01:44 PM #20 of 1941
No, Rogues don't cast spells. They are the highest damage dealers in melee but can't stand up to a ton of damage since they can only wear up to leather armor. Their major attribute is Agility which controls their critical rate as well as their hit & dodge percentiles.

You can do different servers. Changing is done through a Realm list but it always boots you to your last used server, last used character highlighted when you try to log in. You can have different characters on different servers.

Gechmir

Member 629

Level 46.64

Mar 2006

Old Jun 14, 2006, 06:47 PM Local time: Jun 14, 2006, 06:47 PM #21 of 1941
Ever seen the human faces up close? Those ain't too pretty either =(

Most amazing jew boots

Gechmir

Member 629

Level 46.64

Mar 2006

Old Jun 18, 2006, 06:26 PM Local time: Jun 18, 2006, 06:26 PM #22 of 1941
Originally Posted by Rayne
Is it just me Or has this game got no pause button?
Yesterday a bear attacked me and my mom called at the same time.
How do you fix that?
You're kidding, right?

Just loaded up on a TON of new equipment with my 58 warrior. Got halfway to 59, won over some guildies with some nice tanking (for a fury spec, to boot!). Got Boots of Valor, Helm of Valor, some awesome gloves (Had Truesilver Gauntlets since I hit 40) and got two different shields. First one was intended for pally. Then got a second one shortly later intended for warrior tank.

Also won a BOE pair of gloves (Magister's) that goes for 85g on AH. Can put that toward my Lionheart Helmet =) 8 more arcanite, but after this sells, I'll need 5-6 more. Making good progress.

Got an invite to do Dire Maul but, well, I'm burnt out for the day.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?

Gechmir

Member 629

Level 46.64

Mar 2006

Old Jun 20, 2006, 09:10 AM Local time: Jun 20, 2006, 09:10 AM #23 of 1941
The passive background downloader is to ease the load whenever the patch comes out. Tuesday is normally maintenance day but it seems they're finally going to put on 1.11. Whenever the servers are back up, you'll be booted to a mandatory patcher when you try to connect.

FELIPE NO

Gechmir

Member 629

Level 46.64

Mar 2006

Old Jun 20, 2006, 09:14 AM Local time: Jun 20, 2006, 09:14 AM #24 of 1941
Isn't 11 PST => 2 Eastern? =O I thought PST was two hours prior to my timezone (Central) and eastern is one ahead of me.

Double Post:
Go ahead and connect. The patch is up now for download. Servers aren't up though.

Last edited by Gechmir; Jun 20, 2006 at 09:27 AM. Reason: Automerged additional post.
Gechmir

Member 629

Level 46.64

Mar 2006

Old Jun 20, 2006, 10:17 AM Local time: Jun 20, 2006, 10:17 AM #25 of 1941
Can't wait for the smoothed out FP's as well as the ones to Ratchet & Un'Goro. I camp Fire elementals for cash, soooo... =I I hate the walk from Tanaris to the Fire Plume Ridge.

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming > [PC] World of Warcraft