Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

[PC] World of Warcraft

Dopefish
I am becoming a turkey.

Member 42

Level 42.28

Mar 2006

Old Mar 2, 2006, 04:07 PM #1 of 1941
I play as Ceemac (60 NE Hunter) and Ecamec (21 Human Priest) on Llane. That is, if I played anymore. 1.10 needs to hustle.

Jam it back in, in the dark.
Dopefish
I am becoming a turkey.

Member 42

Level 42.28

Mar 2006

Old Mar 7, 2006, 05:10 PM #2 of 1941
Quest Experience to Gold Conversion at Level 60

Previously, quest experience was wasted if one completed a quest at level 60. In this patch, any quests done at maximum level will have their experience reward converted to a healthy amount of gold, thus adding additional incentive to completing those quests in your log once you hit 60.

Clever.

There's nowhere I can't reach.

Dopefish
I am becoming a turkey.

Member 42

Level 42.28

Mar 2006

Old Mar 28, 2006, 09:54 PM #3 of 1941
I'm confused. I thought if you had a set that had its graphics changed (like the Beaststalker's set I have), they would change.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.

Dopefish
I am becoming a turkey.

Member 42

Level 42.28

Mar 2006

Old Mar 29, 2006, 01:53 PM #4 of 1941
Note: my set stats did change with the patch.

Most amazing jew boots

Dopefish
I am becoming a turkey.

Member 42

Level 42.28

Mar 2006

Old Oct 19, 2006, 08:53 AM #5 of 1941
Not paying attention to the thread, so excuse my ignorance, but how are there pictures of items over level 60? Is Blizzard leaking these, or are they already available?

I was speaking idiomatically.

Dopefish
I am becoming a turkey.

Member 42

Level 42.28

Mar 2006

Old Oct 19, 2006, 09:46 AM #6 of 1941
From a beta, I'm guessing.

Also, is there a way to d/l WoW? I have an account but I uninstalled it and I was hoping to reinstall it by d/ling it instead of having to get my discs (which are 150 miles away from me).

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?

Dopefish
I am becoming a turkey.

Member 42

Level 42.28

Mar 2006

Old Dec 5, 2006, 04:52 PM #7 of 1941
New patch out fags. If you haven't gotten it yet you don't have World of Warcraft or play it on a daily basis.

LIKE ME.

Quote:
Looking for Group Interface Tool

A new Looking For Group tool designed to assist players in finding groups for instanced dungeons and quests will now be available. This interface gives players the option to be added to a pool of other players also looking for a group, as a means to expedite the process. In addition, players will also be able to search for additional members in situations where they have a group and are simply looking to find more players. For a complete overview of this new interface, please take a moment and read the information contained on our comprehensive Looking for Group preview.

http://www.worldofwarcraft.com/burni...gforgroup.html

General

* All players will have their talent points reimbursed and will have access to new talents throughout their trees; this includes the 41-point talents. Several new abilities have also been added for all classes.
* All pets will now receive a percentage of their master's armor, spell damage, spell resistances, attack power, and stamina.
* Low-level spells cast by high-level players will receive smaller bonuses from +healing and +spell damage.
* HoTs, DoTs, and channeled spells have been re-balanced to receive a more appropriate (higher) percentage of +spell damage and +healing.
* HoTs from different sources will now stack (i.e. multiple druids can cast the Rejuvenation spell on 1 target).
* New item property "Resilience" has been introduced. Resilience reduces your chance to be the victim of a critical strike, and reduces the amount of damage critical strikes do to you.
* Weapon Skill now does the following:
o Weapon skill will no longer reduce the percentage damage lost due to glancing.
o The player will gain 0.1% to their critical strike rating per weapon skill against monsters above their level.
* When casting a buff on a low level target, the appropriate rank of the buff will automatically be applied.
* In PvP, Crowd Control effects will last no longer than 12 seconds instead of the full duration, with a chance of a heartbeat resist.
* Players will no longer lose faction when under the influence of "Mind Control" or the Gnomish Mind Control Cap.
* Several improvements have been made to the Macintosh client, including support for Multi-Threaded OpenGL on Intel Macs running OS X 10.4.8 or higher.

PvP

* Honor System Revamp
o Current honor totals have been reset.
o Players may display their highest lifetime rank title (accessible from character sheet).
o Honor points earned each day may now be spent as a form of currency.
o Check the PvP tab of your character sheet to see your honor information.
o PvP rewards are no longer unique.
* Marks of Honor earned from battlegrounds are no longer turned in for reputation or honor. They are now used in addition to honor points in order to purchase rewards.
* Two New Arenas are now available in three different modes.
o 2v2, 3v3, and 5v5 matches
o Players may queue up at Goblin NPC's in Stormwind, Ironforge,
o Orgrimmar, Undercity, and Gadgetzan

Druids

* The talent "Swiftmend" will now include bonus healing from the talents "Improved Rejuvenation" and "Empowered Rejuvenation".
* "Omen of Clarity's" duration has been increased to 30 min.

Hunters

* Traps can be set while in combat, but require a 2 second arming time.
* "Auto shot" will be automatically enabled if the Hunter steps out of melee range while in combat with target.
* 1 Agility will now grant 1 Ranged Attack Power.
* "Auto shot" is now reset when casting Aimed Shot.
* "The Beast Within's" Bonus damage caused has been reduced to 10%, but now also reduces the mana cost of all spells by 20%.
* Freezing Traps will now cancel combat when cast.

Mages

* "Frost Nova" (Water Elemental Spell) has now been renamed "Freeze".

Shaman

* Shaman with the appropriate talent spec are now able to dual-wield.
o Self-weapon buffs such as Windfury Weapon can be applied to both main and off-hand weapons.
* Rockbiter's weapon functionality has been changed. It is now a damage proc instead of a flat attack power bonus.
* Windfury Weapon and Rockbiter Weapon enchantments will only benefit the weapon with the enchantment on it.

Warlocks

* The range of "Drain Life" and "Drain Mana" spells have been increased.

Warriors

* Rage generation from dealing damage has been normalized.
o All Rage awards are averaged with our expected rage per swing (adjusted for weapon speed).

Items

* The "Far Sight" effect has changed so that the camera now zooms in to a distant location, rather than instantly showing the distant view. This also affects the items: Ultra-Spectropic Vision Goggles, the Ornate Spyglass, and the Hunter ability "Eagle Eye."
* Spells can now require either a totem item or a totem category item to cast a spell. This means that the Enchanting Rods now count as all of the lower level enchanting rods as well, so you only need a single enchanting rod instead of all six. This also means that "Finkle's Skinner" now counts as a Skinning Knife. Several weapons that are picks have been flagged as counting as a Mining pick as well.
* Items that give bonuses, such as critical strike percentage, have been modified to adhere to a combat rating system.
* All current items will provide the exact same benefit from ratings at level 60 as they provided before the ratings system.
* Thrown weapon items no longer stack, but use durability instead. One unit of durability is lost per throw, and these items can be repaired.
* The tool tip for the Great Staff of the Guardian now shows the proper increase of 28 to the party spell critical rating.
* Items that are useable from player inventory with a cooldown will now update the cooldown in real-time.
* Players will no longer be able to sell the "Blue Skeletal Horse" to vendors.
* The damage Proc from the item "Misplaced Servo Arm" will no longer break the Rogue ability "Gouge".
* The "Skull of Impending Doom" has been changed and will now increase run speed by 60% for 10 seconds, but deals damage equal to 60% of your maximum health and drains 60% of your maximum mana for over 10 seconds.
* The Backfire effect on the "Net-O-Matic" will no longer break on damage.

Professions

* All of the profession-made items that have been created up to now have been given proper stats based on the current expansion item level progression table.
* Most of the items made by Tailoring/Leatherworking/Blacksmithing have had their creation time reduced. Now the cap on time required to make an item in those professions is based on quality and level.
o New Max times required.
+ Level 31+ Green Items at least 8 sec
+ Level 31+ Blue Items at least 15 sec
+ Level 31+ Purple Items at least 25 sec
* Skill level now determines what items you can disenchant.
o Skill 1= Level 1-20
o Skill 25= Level 20-25
o Skill 50= Level 25-30
o Skill 75= Level 30-35
o Skill 100= Level 35-40
o Skill 125= Level 40-45
o Skill 150= Level 45-50
o Skill 175= Level 50-55
o Skill 200= Level 55-60
o Skill 225= Level 60-65
* Players will no longer lose an item when attempting to disenchant on a boat when the loading screen appears.

User Interface

* Meeting Stone gossip options have been removed from Innkeepers in preparation for the new LFG system.
* LFG/LFM UI
o Tips have been added to Loading Screen tips and new player tips
o Meeting Stones now function similar to a Warlock Summon spell.
+ Players select party member to be summoned and right click the stone. A second party member then clicks the portal to summon.
* Enchanting UI has been vastly improved.
* Raid UI now supports frame for Main Tank.
* Spell Alert (Enemy Cast bar)
o Defaults to off
o Enabled through Interface Options
o Displays targeted enemy's cast bar when they are casting.
o May also be displayed with "V" key functionality.
* Auto-loot may be enabled with just one click in the Interface Options.
* Character sheet UI now displays more precise melee, ranged, and spell stats.
* Players can now cast item targetable spells on items that are in your action bar. For instance you can cast feed pet and have the food you want the pet to be fed in one of your action bars.
* Semi-charged items can no longer be placed in the Auction House.
* A knowledge base has been added to the in-game UI.
o Searchable database of FAQ's and common support issues.
* Keyrings have been expanded to hold more key-type items and will now size dynamically for the number of keys in possession.
* The Hunter ability, "Mend Pet," will now turn red when a pet is out of range.
* Players will now be able to disable ability messages in the floating combat text.
* Players will now be able to scroll down their ignore list if it extends beyond one page.
* The tooltips for the Show Dispellable Debuffs and Show Castable Buffs options will now specify they only apply to raid pullout groups.
* Significant changes have been made to User Interface customization.
o For specific details, please visit http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/th...36975623&sid=1.

Bugs

* The Rend Blackhand arena event in Upper Blackrock Spire will now properly reset after a wipe.
* Players will no longer resurrect with low mana and health if they died and released on a Zeppelin or Ship.
* Fixed an issue where effects with 100% chance to be applied were being resisted.
* Fixed an issue where high level players were not being properly credited the right amount of faction reputation.
* Party members will now be properly credited for completing the "Dead Man's Plea" quest when a totem or pet gets the killing blow on Baron Rivendare.
* Slowing abilities and spells will no longer decrease the speed of a player when traveling by Gryphon.
* Fixed an issue where players were re-taining talent based abilities even after re-training.
* Fixed an issue where the Warlock spell "Shadowburn" was improperly consuming two Soul Shards.
* Fixed an issue where players were unable to click on anything if they had any add-ons installed.
* Fixed an issue where players were able to use "Mana Burn" on mobs and players without mana.
* Fixed an issue where spells that proc while a player was standing would not proc if they were sitting or lying down.
* Fixed many interface overlapping graphic issues.
* Fixed an issue where Seal of Justice (Rank 2) will now refresh with melee strikes.
* Blood Elf mobs in Azshara will now have the correct model.
* Fixed an issue where a spell with two procs would be reflected and one of the procs would still hit the player that reflected the spell.
* Fixed an issue that was putting Hunters back into combat when they have the "Spirit Bond" Talent or have the Cryptstalker set bonus.
* Fixed an issue where players were being awarded the wrong item when double looting a corpse under the master loot option.
* Fixed an issue where players interrupted while casting would have a longer cast time than normal.
* Fixed an issue where players could not see enchants when inspecting another player.
* Fixed an issue where extra attacks from "Windfury Weapon" would not proc "Flurry" when they crit.
* Fixed an issue where players that were killed in freezing traps would be stuck there until releasing.
* Fixed an issue where Warlocks were able to despawn a pet to gain a free "Soul Shard"in the Battlegrounds.
* Warrior "Shield Slam" and "Shield Bash" will no longer trigger a proc from an equipped weapon.
* Fixed an issue where players were able to consume a Mana Emerald at full mana.
* The totem, "Wrath of Air," will no longer be useable in "Ghost Wolf" form.
* Fixed an issue where Warrior "Battle Shout" was causing too much threat.
* Fixed an issue where computers with ATi video cards were sometimes having problems when displaying a certain texture.
* Fixed an issue where the Warlock spell "Death Coil" gained double the benefit from the talent "Shadow Mastery".
* Player pets will no longer attack CC'ed targets while in Passive mode.
* "Prayer of Spirit" will no longer cast on the user if there is no other target selected.
* "Lightning Shield" will now have the appropriate cool-down time between uses.
* Fixed an issue where materials were being consumed if a player logged out before an enchantment had finished being applied.
* The Hunter, "Auto Shot," ability will no longer activate on resurrection.
* Fixed a bug where "Inner Focus" was not being consumed when using "Mind Soothe."
* Fixed a bug where Rogues were able to use the ability "Ghostly Strike" when not facing their target.
* Warlock pet dismiss sounds will now play properly.
* Fixed an issue where Fist weapons were sheathing improperly.
* Bags will no longer overlap the Bank UI when the game window is resized.
* Players will no longer be able to whisper to enemy players in Battlegrounds.
* The Skeletal Gryphon ride for the Eastern Plaguelands PvP event will now fly at its correct speed.
* Players will no longer be able to jump onto the top of the Dun Baldar Fortress in Alterac Valley and get behind the terrain to attack other players.
* Shapeshifting will now break "Nogginfogger Elixir" effect.
* You will no longer die when Feign Death is finished channeling.
* "Scatter Shot" will now properly do damage even if the target is immune to the confuse effect.
* "Aspect of the Cheetah" will now properly trigger with absorbed damage.
* Casting a lower rank polymorph on a target that is already under the effect of a higher rank will cause an error message and not consume mana.
* The talent, "Master of Elements," will now properly proc off of totems.
* Players will no longer be attacked by same faction guards when using mind control on an enemy player to attack.
* "Vanish" will now properly un-target the Rogue from the attacker when the attacker is in the same party.
* The talent, "Improved Chain Heal," will now properly add to the base healing done.
* "Healing Wave" Ranks 11 and 12 will now benefit from the Shaman talent, "Healing Way."
* "Improved Curse of Agony" will now properly increase the base and spell power.
* Warlocks will now be properly credited a Soul Shard from their pet when they take a flight path.
* Warlocks will now be properly credited a Soul Shard from their pet when they are dead at the end of a Battleground match.
* Warlocks will now be properly credited a Soul Shard from their pet when they enter an Arena.
* Casting "Dark Pact" after exiting combat will no longer put you back in combat.
* The tool tip for the "Great Staff of the Guardian" now shows the proper increase of 28 to the party spell critical rating.
* Several Chest spawns in Dustwallow Marsh will now properly spawn above ground.
* Items that can give +Stamina/Intellect from random suffixes will now properly apply while dead.
* "Beastmaster's Gloves" will now give the proper 2% crit chance for Hunter pets.
* Fixed a bug where you can end up with overlapping bags after resizing the window.
* Various graphical errors will be noticeable while viewing maps.

Mac

* Added support for Multi-Threaded OpenGL on Intel Macs running OS X 10.4.8 or higher. Depending on hardware, scene and graphical settings, this can raise frame rates up to a factor of 2X.
* Improved video hardware detection and default settings, especially with Intel video.
* Vertex Animation Shaders have been disabled for systems with Intel video.
* Improved iTunes key-binding feature for smoothness and track name display.
* Fixed a bug where Tutorial Tips would not be marked as viewed correctly on PowerPC Macs.
* Fixed a rare crash bug in the audio code.
* Improved support for Weather Shaders.
* Added support for changing the mouse sensitivity in WoW. Previously, the Mac version ignored the value from the slider in the Interface Options dialog.

FELIPE NO

Last edited by Dopefish; Dec 5, 2006 at 04:57 PM.
Dopefish
I am becoming a turkey.

Member 42

Level 42.28

Mar 2006

Old Dec 5, 2006, 11:15 PM #8 of 1941
Originally Posted by Zio
Hunters got nerfed. 1 AP for 1 agil? Not that I care but that's a major nerf.
What did they get before? Nothing? Agility by itself ups crit hit % right? So I'd say that is not a nerfing at all.

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
Dopefish
I am becoming a turkey.

Member 42

Level 42.28

Mar 2006

Old Mar 8, 2007, 11:36 AM #9 of 1941
Well I'm back playing WoW. In fact, I got Burning Crusade. I'm a level 14 Blood Elf Paladin named Caemec on Llane.

Of the three n00b zones I've been in (Night Elf, Human and Blood Elf), the Blood Elf one feels the most inviting. It's bright and colorful, and the music makes you want to enjoy the scenery. Of course, I've leveled up 13 levels in about 17 hours, so I didn't do much of that.

Like anyone curious about the new professions would do, I took on Jewelcrafting and Mining. Mining I was used to with my first character, but, unlike Teldrassil (the Night Elf starting zone), the Blood Elf starting zone is RIFE with copper nodes. And Prospecting is an ingenious skill. When you can't level up with mining and smelting copper anymore, just Prospect the ore and you'll go towards helping out your JCing skill. They compliment each other a lot better than any of the other skills I've done. I've also this time bothered to take on Cooking and First Aid (and even Fishing!) to a small extent, but Fishing just doesn't seem to help you as much as First Aid or Cooking do.

The Dead Scar is kind of dumb. What happened to the Tip they kept showing about not having to worry about being attacked while walking the main path?

Silvermoon is a terrific city. You can feel the regal sense of the state of things at every turn...it's like Stormwind and Ironforge combined. The only problem: it's empty. A city without bustle is not an entertaining one. You can walk around anywhere in IF or SW and run into someone. In Silvermoon, on occasion, I feel like I have the entire city to myself. It's kind of sad, but indicative of the Alliance-heavy slant on Llane.

Jam it back in, in the dark.

Last edited by Dopefish; Mar 8, 2007 at 11:42 AM.
Dopefish
I am becoming a turkey.

Member 42

Level 42.28

Mar 2006

Old Mar 9, 2007, 10:54 AM #10 of 1941
So I decided to dump my Alliance main (60 NE Hunter) and two Alliance alts (22 Human Priest and 22 NE Warrior) and concentrate all firepower on the nearest Star Dest-- I mean, on my 14 BE Paladin. Which means I just gave all the money from those three chars (71 gold) to that character. Wheee economic freedom is fantastic sometimes.

There's nowhere I can't reach.

Dopefish
I am becoming a turkey.

Member 42

Level 42.28

Mar 2006

Old Mar 20, 2007, 07:52 AM #11 of 1941
You know you're dreaming when you think you've killed a monster that's dropped an epic mount.

Not that I need an epic mount to drop. YAY PALADINS.

Most amazing jew boots

Dopefish
I am becoming a turkey.

Member 42

Level 42.28

Mar 2006

Old May 21, 2007, 11:31 PM #12 of 1941
I think it's fair at this point to say ::noonecares::.

How ya doing, buddy?

Dopefish
I am becoming a turkey.

Member 42

Level 42.28

Mar 2006

Old Mar 28, 2008, 06:35 PM #13 of 1941
Thanks to my friend Chris getting hooked on WoW, he shot me a Scroll of Resurrection and I've got me a 10-day trial. We (including his girlfriend) are all on Smolderthorn, both of us as Orcs (him a Warrior, me a Hunter) and his girlfriend a Blood Elf Hunter. The interesting part of this experience will be the fact that it's a PvP server.

I was speaking idiomatically.

Dopefish
I am becoming a turkey.

Member 42

Level 42.28

Mar 2006

Old Feb 24, 2009, 08:05 PM #14 of 1941
:noonecares: but the new test patch is out:

Quote:

General

* All Ground Mounts may now swim without dismounting the rider. Flying Mounts still may NOT, and will dismount the rider upon entering water.
* Ulduar is now available for limited testing. Please visit the Public Test Realms for more details. World of Warcraft - English (NA) Forums -> Test Realm Forum
* Players at maximum level will now be able to visit their trainer to pay a one-time fee and access the dual talent specialization feature.
* A new Gear Manager feature has been added. Players will now be able to save gear sets for easy gear switching.

PvP

* Battlegrounds
o Players will now be able to queue for battlegrounds from any location.
o Seaforium Barrels can now be looted while mounted, seen from anywhere in the zone, and found at the Central Graveyard.
o Teleporters can now be used while mounted and can now be seen from anywhere in the zone

Classes: General

* Hysteria, Tricks of the Trade, Enrage, Wrecking Crew, Death Wish, Arcane Power, Owlkin Frenzy, Beast Within, and Avenging Wrath damage bonuses no longer stack together.

Death Knights

* Blood Boil’s damage increased to make up for Pestilence no longer doing damage.
* Blood Boil now does some damage to undiseased targets and extra damage to diseased targets. Its radius has been decreased.
* Blood Plague: Now lasts 15 seconds untalented.
* Death Pact: This heal cannot be a critical.
* Frost Fever: Now lasts 15 seconds untalented.
* Pestilence does no damage and has only one rank.
* Plague Strike and Blood Plague no longer remove hots. Plague Strike’s damage increased quite a bit to compensate.
* Raise Ally now has a cooldown greater than 15 min and can no longer be used in Arenas.
* Raise Dead: Duration lowered to 60 sec. and cooldown lowered to 3 min. The cooldown on this ability now begins when the pet dies rather than when it is summoned.
* Rune of Cinderglacier now procs per minute instead of a 5% chance.
* Rune of Razorfrost now affects Frost damage done by the DK only, but stacks up to 10%.
* Strangulate no longer does damage and has been reduced to 1 rank.
* Talents
o Blood
+ Blood Aura: Replaced with Improved Blood Presence. This allows the deathknight to keep the healing from damage done bonus of Blood Presence in any presence, and increases healing received while in Blood Presence.
+ Blood-Gorged now grants armor penetration instead of expertise.
+ Bloody Strikes now increases Blood Boil damage instead of Pestilence.
+ Bloodworms now heal more.
+ Scent of Blood will now proc on a dodge, parry or taking damage, and internal cooldown lowered to 10 from 20 sec.
+ Sudden Doom now procs a free Death Coil instead of requiring you to push the button. Ranks reduced from 5 to 3.
o Frost
+ The following talents have moved in the Frost tree: Runic Power Mastery, Glacier Rot, Killing Machine, Chilblains, and Endless Winter.
+ Black Ice: Frost Damage bonus lowered to 4/8/12/16/20%
+ Blood of the North: Now also increases damage dealt by Frost Strike by 15%.
+ Chillblains: Now a 15/30/50% movement speed debuff (up from 30%).
+ Frost Aura: Replaced with Improved Frost Presence. Allows the deathknight to keep the health bonus of Frost Presence in any presence, and decreases magic damage taken while in Frost Presence.
+ Howling Blast: Swapped positions with Hungering Cold in the talent tree, and damage bonus to targets afflicted by Frost Fever reduced from 100% to 50%.
+ Icy Talons: This talent now has a new icon.
+ Runic Power Mastery down to 2 ranks.
o Unholy
+ Blood-caked Blade: Now has a 3 second cooldown on the effect.
+ Desecration: This talent now has a 100% chance to be triggered. Additional points in the talent increase the damage bonus and snare magnitude instead of increasing the chance.
+ Magic Suppression: Now has 3 ranks (down from 5) for 2/4/6% magic damage reduction.
+ Master of Ghouls: Now also reduces the cooldown on Raise Dead by 60 sec.
+ Necrosis: Can now only be triggered by main hand attacks.
+ Night of the Dead: Redesigned to grant a flat reduction on cooldown to Raise Dead and Army of the Dead instead of a reduction from using abilities.
+ Outbreak: Increases the damage of Plague Strike by 15/30/45% and Scourge Strike by 10/20/30%.
+ Scourge Strike: Damage increased.
+ Unholy Aura: Replaced with Improved Unholy Presence. Allows the Deathknight to keep the movement speed bonus of Unholy Presence in any presence, and increases rune regeneration rate while in Unholy Presence.
+ Unholy Blight and Gargoyle have swapped places in the Unholy tree. Gargoyle is the new Unholy 51 talent.

Druids

* Abolish Poison: Now ticks every 3 sec, up from every 2. Now lasts 12 sec., up from 8.
* Maim: This ability is now considered a stun, and shares a diminish category with all other stuns. It no longer has a chance to break from the target taking damage.
* Talents
o Balance
+ Owlkin Frenzy is now properly considered an Enrage effect. Now also does not trigger from spell hits, only physical ranged and melee attacks.
o Feral
+ New Talent: Primal Gore: Grants the periodic damage from your Rake, Lacerate and Rip abilities the ability to critically hit.
+ Savage Roar is now considered an Enrage effect and now increases physical damage done by 30% instead of increasing attack power.
o Restoration
+ Living Seed: This talent now accounts for total healing including overhealing.
+ Improved Mark of the Wild: Now also increases all of your total attributes by 1/2%.
+ Intensity: Now grants 17/33/50% of mana regeneration while casting.
+ New Talent: Improved Barkskin: Increases the damage reduction granted by your Barkskin spell by 5/10%, and increases your resistance to Dispel mechanics by an additional 30/60% while under the effect of Barkskin.
+ Replenish: This talent is now re-named " Revitalize " and now also works with Wild Growth.
+ Tree of Life: You can now use Nature's Grasp and Thorns while within this form.

Hunters

* Disengage: Cooldown increased by 5 sec.
* Frost Trap: If the target who triggers Frost Trap is immune to its effect, the Frost Trap area effect will no longer be triggered.
* Talents
o Beast Mastery
+ Improved Aspect of the Hawk now has a new spell effect.
+ Improved Wing Clip: This talent has been removed.
o Marksmanship
+ Piercing Shots re-designed: Your critical Aimed, Steady and Chimera Shots cause the target to bleed for 10/20/30% of the damage dealt over 8 sec.
+ Ranged Weapon Specialization: Points reduced from 5 to 3, 1/3/5%.
+ Wild Quiver: Chance increased to 4/8/12%, up from 4/7/10%. Damage increased from 50% of an auto shot, to 80%.
o Survival
+ Hunting Party: This talent has been reduced to 3-points, and now increases your total Agility by an additional 1/2/3%.
+ Lock and Load re-designed: You now have a 33/66/100% chance when you trap a target with Freezing Trap, Freezing Arrow or Frost Trap and a 2/4/6% chance when you deal periodic damage with your Immolation Trap or Black Arrow to cause your next 2 Arcane Shot or Explosive Shot spells to trigger no cooldown, cost no mana and consume no ammo. This now has a new spell effect and sound.
+ New Talent: Trap Launcher: When activated, your next Trap will be launched instantly at the enemy target. 1 minute cooldown.
+ T.N.T. re-designed: Increases the damage done by your Explosive Shot, Explosive Trap and Immolation Trap by 2/4/6%.
+ Trap Mastery: This talent has been moved up to tier-2, up from tier-9.
+ Wyvern Sting duration increased from 12 sec to 30 sec. PvP duration reduced from 10 sec to 6 sec.
o Pets
+ Roar of Sacrifice can be used on the hunter only.
+ Stampede (rhino) only affects 1 target, but adds a 25% bleed damage debuff (that does not stack with Mangle etc.) in addition to its knockback.

Mages

* Arcane Blast stacking effect is no longer considered a Magic effect and will not be dispelled.
* Mage Armor: Now grants 50% of mana regeneration while casting.
* Talents
o Arcane
+ Arcane Meditation: Now grants 17/33/50% of mana regeneration while casting.
o Fire
+ Pyromaniac: Now grants 17/33/50% of mana regeneration while casting.
o Frost
+ Improved Water Elemental: Renamed Enduring Winter. Instead of the Water Elemental increasing mana regeneration for the Mage’s party, casting Frostbolt now has a 33/66/100% chance to provide the Replenishment buff to up to 10 people in the Mage’s party or raid.

Paladins

* Auras will now persist through death.
* Blessing of Kings is now trainable at level 20. Removed from talent trees.
* Talents
o Holy
+ Improved Concentration Aura: The resistance to silence and interrupt granted by this talent now becomes active when any Aura is used, not just Concentration Aura.
o Protection
+ Improved Devotion Aura: The additional healing granted by this talent now becomes active when any Aura is used, not just Devotion Aura.
+ New Talent Divinity:Tier 1 protection talent, increases healing done by and to you by 1/2/3/4/5%.
+ Sacred Duty (Protection) rank 1 now increases Stamina by 4%.
o Retribution
+ Benediction (Retribution) now affects Hand of Reckoning.
+ Fanaticism reduced to 3 ranks for 6/12/18% bonus and 10/20/30% threat reduction.
+ Repentance no longer resets the Paladin's melee swing timer.
+ Righteous Vengeance reduced to 3 ranks for 10/20/30%.
+ Sanctified Retribution: The bonus to damage done granted by this talent now becomes active when any Aura is used, not just Retribution Aura.

Priests

* Abolish Disease: Now cleanses a disease every 3 sec, down from 5. Duration reduced from 20 seconds, down to 12 sec.
* Devouring Plague: This spell now has a new icon.
* Divine Spirit is now trainable at level 31.
* Holy Nova: Mana cost reduced approximately 20%.
* Hymn of Hope: This spell has been removed.
* Improved Holy Concentration removed.
* Prayer of Healing: This spell now heals the target's party, rather than being limited to just your direct party.
* Shadowfiend: Health scaling increased. Now receives 30% of the master's spell power. Mana return increased to 5%, up from 4%. The Shadowfiend now returns mana when its melee attacks land, rather than when it deals damage. Movement speed normalized to player movement speed. Tooltip revised.
* Talents
o Discipline
+ Divine Aegis: Divine Aegis effects will now stack, however the amount absorbed cannot exceed 125*level (of the target). It will also now take into account total healing including overhealing.
+ Grace: Duration increased to 15 seconds, but now is only limited to one target.
+ Improved Power: Word Fortitude - Now also increases your total Stamina by 2/4%.
+ Meditation and Improved Power: Word shield have changed locations with each other.
+ Meditation: Now grants 17/33/50% of mana regeneration while casting
+ New Talent: Soul Warding: Reduces the cooldown of your Power Word: Shield ability by 4 sec., and reduces the mana cost of your Power Word: Shield by 30%.
+ Penance: Damage increased approximately 30%.This spell can now be cast on yourself.
+ Power Infusion: This effect now has a new spell effect and sound.
+ Reflective Shield:This talent has been removed.
+ Unbreakable Will:Increased from 3/6/9/12/15% to 6/12/18/24/30%.
o Holy
+ Circle of Healing: Healing increased by approximately 40%.
+ Holy Concentration re-designed: Mana regeneration is increased by 16/32/50% for 8 sec after you critically heal with Flash Heal, Greater Heal, Binding Heal or Renew.
+ New Talent: Empowered Renew: Your Renew spell gains an additional 5/10/15% of your bonus healing effects, and your Renew will instantly heal the target for 5/10/15% of the total periodic effect.
+ Serendipity re-designed: When you heal with Binding Heal or Flash Heal, the cast time of your next Greater Heal or Prayer of Healing spell is reduced by 6/12/20%. Stacks up to 3 times. Lasts 20 sec.
+ Test of Faith: No longer increases critical effect chance of your heals, but healing done on targets lower than 50% health is increased from 2/4/6 to 4/8/12%.
o Shadow
+ Blackout: This talent has been removed.
+ Darkness: This talent is now in tier-1, moved up from tier-6.
+ Dispersion: Now clears all snare and movement impairing effects and makes you immune to them while dispersed.
+ New Talent: Improved Devouring Plague (Shadow): Increases the periodic damage done by your Devouring Plague by 5/10/15%, and when you cast Devouring Plague you instantly deal damage equal to 5/10/15% of its total periodic effect.
+ Improved Spirit Tap: Now grants 17/33% of mana regeneration while casting.
+ Shadowform: Now reduces all damage taken by 15%, not just physical damage. Bonus damage from critical strike chance removed and replaced by the ability of those periodic damage spells to generate critical strikes.
+ Silence: Range increased to 30 yards.
+ Spirit Tap: Now grants 83% of mana regeneration while casting.
+ Vampiric Embrace duration increased to 5 minutes, up from 1 minute. PvP duration is now 60 seconds. Cooldown removed.

Rogues

* Talents
o Assassination
+ Hunger For Blood: No longer stacks. Damage bonus changed to 15% for a single application. Requires a bleed effect active on the Rogue’s target. No longer removes bleeds from the Rogue.
o Combat
+ Adrenaline Rush cooldown reduced to 3 min.
+ Killing Spree: Now also increases all damage done by the Rogue while active by 20%.
+ Savage Combat improved to 2/4% increased damage against poisoned targets.
+ Lightning Reflexes reduced to 3 ranks for 2/4/6% dodge and 4/7/10% melee haste.
o Subtlety
+ Shadow Dance now opens a new action bar when used.

Shaman

* Bloodlust/Heroism: Cooldown reduced to 5 minutes, but Sated and Exhausted now last 10 minutes.
* Poison Cleansing Totem and Disease Cleansing Totem have been merged into " Cleansing Totem. " Cleansing Totem pulses every 3 sec, down from 5.
* Talents
o Enhancement
+ Lava Lash now has a new icon.
+ New Talent: Frozen Power: Increases the damage done by your Frostbrand Weapon if it is enchanted on your main-hand weapon by 10/20%, and your Frost Shock has a 50/100% chance to root the target in Ice for 5 sec. when used on targets at or further than 15 yards from you.
+ Spirit Weapons: Now reduces all threat generated by 30%, not just physical attacks.
+ Stormstrike charges have been increased by 2, and cooldown reduced by 2 sec.
+ Improved Stormstrike re-designed: When you Stormstrike, you have a 50/100% chance to immediately grant you 20% of your base mana.
+ Toughness: No longer increases your armor. Instead, this talent now increases your total Stamina by 2/4/6/8/10%.
+ Unleashed Rage: Reduced to 3 points, down from 5. Each point now also increases your total Agility by 1/2/3%.
o Elemental
+ New Talent: Booming Echoes- Reduces the cooldown of your Flame Shock and Frost Shock spells by an additional 1/2 sec., and increases the direct damage done by your Flame Shock and Frost Shock spells by an additional 10/20%.
o Restoration
+ Ancestral Awakening: This talent now accounts for your ineffective healing, rather than effective.
+ Cleanse Spirit now has a new icon.
+ Riptide: This spell has a new icon.

Warlocks

* Curse of the Elements (Rank 5) - Increased to 13% spell damage, up from 10%.
* Curse of Recklessness has been removed.
* Curse of Weakness: Now also reduces the armor of the target by 5%.
* Enslave Demon: Spell haste penalty reduced by 10%, Melee haste penalty reduced by 10%.
* Warlocks now innately have an increased 10% spell hit chance on the Enslave Demon spell.
* Fire Shield (Imp): You can now cast this ability on raid members, rather than party members.
* Ritual of Summoning: The summoning of the initial portal is now instant cast, down from 5 seconds.
* Talents
o Affliction
+ Eradication re-designed: Eradication: When you deal damage with Corruption, you have a 2/4/6% chance to gain the Eradication effect. The Eradication effect increases the critical strike chance of your Shadow Bolt spell by 30%. Each critical strike reduces the critical strike bonus by 10%. Lasts 30 sec.
+ Haunt: Now only increases your shadow damage-over-time on the target. (No longer includes non-Shadow damage over time spells.)
+ Malediction: No longer increases the effect of Curse of the Elements.
+ Pandemic: This talent has been reduced to a 1-point talent, now grants your Corruption and Unstable Affliction the capability to critically hit.
+ Shadow Embrace: Now only increases the damage done by your shadow damage periodic spells.
+ Siphon Life: The Siphon Life spell has been removed. Siphon Life now causes your Corruption spell to instantly heal you for 40% of the damage done.
+ Suppression: Now increases spell hit for all of your spells.
o Demonology
+ Demonic Empathy has been removed.
+ Demonic Empowerment: This talent spell now has a unique spell effect and sound.
+ Demonic Sacrifice: This talent has been removed.
+ Fel Synergy has been moved to tier-1. No longer increases Intellect, Stamina and damage of your summoned demon.
+ Improved Enslave Demon talent removed.
+ Mana Feed: This talent is now a 1-point talent, down from 3-points. Now is the 21-point talent in Demonology. Now grants 100% mana return to your pet, up from 33/66/100%.
+ Master Conjuror: Increased from 15/30% up to 150/300%.
+ New Talent: Molten Skin: Reduces all damage taken by 2/4/6%.
+ New Talent: Decimation: When you Shadowbolt or Incinerate a target that is at or below 35% health, your next Soulfire cast time is reduced by 30/60% and costs no shard. Lasts 10 sec.
+ New Talent: Nemesis: Reduces the cooldown of your Demonic Empowerment, Metamorphosis, Soulstone and Fel Domination spells by 10/20/30%.
o Destruction
+ Aftermath re-designed: Increases the periodic damage done by your Immolate by 3/6%, and your Conflagrate has a 50/100% chance to daze the target for 5 sec.
+ Backlash has been moved up to tier-5, up from tier-7. Now requires Intensity (pre-req).
+ Cataclysm: Now reduces the mana cost of Destruction spells by 4/7/10%. No longer increases the chance to hit.
+ Conflagrate: Spell now works similar to Swiftmend, consuming an Immolate or Shadowflame effect on the target and dealing damage based on the strength of that effect. Reduced to a single rank.
+ Improved Immolate: Now increases the damage done by your Immolate by 10/20/30%, rather than just the direct damage.
+ Improved Shadow Bolt: Now increases the damage done by your Shadow Bolt spell by 1/2/3/4/5%, and causes your target to be vulnerable to spell damage, increasing spell critical strike chance against that target by 1/2/3/4/5%. Effect lasts 30 sec.
+ Improved Soul Leech: Now has a 50/100% chance to proc Replenishment.
+ Molten Core: This talent has been moved to Demonology (Tier 8).
+ Pyroclasm re-designed: Now increases your Shadow and Fire spell power by 2/4/6% when you critically hit with Searing Pain or Conflagrate. Lasts 10 sec. Also moved down to tier 7, down from tier-5.

Warriors

* Talents
o Arms
+ Blood Frenzy improved to 2/4% increased damage.
+ Heroic Throw missile speed increased.

Professions

* Alchemy
o Blackmouth Oil and Fire Oil no longer require a vial.
o Increased the health granted by the Flask of Stoneblood.
o The Mercurial Stone is no longer required as a tool for alchemists. It is instead a green quality bind-on-equip trinket.
* Blacksmithing
o Most of the recipes in the 1-300 skill range of blacksmithing have had their stats updated to be more useful.
o Added a new recipe for the Titansteel Spellblade.
o Titanium Plating now reduces the duration of disarm effects by 50% as well as increasing your block value.
* Cooking
o Grub now sells the Dig Rat Stew recipe to players who completed the quest.
o Prospector Khazgorm, found in Bael Modan in southern Barrens, now sells the recipe for Dig Rat Stew to the Alliance.
* Enchanting
o Added a recipe for enchanting staves with spell power.
o Several recipes in the 250-300 skill range have been rebalanced.
* Jewelcrafting
o Added a new recipe to cut black diamonds.
* Leatherworking
o Shadowskin Gloves and Dusky Boots no longer require Shadowcat Hide to create, but instead require an equal quantity of Shadow Silk. Shadowcat Hides can no longer be obtained from skinning.

Quests

* The fight event for the " Grim(oire) Business " quest at Vim'gol's Circle in the Blade's Edge Mountains now only requires one character to stand within a fire circle in order to summon Vim'gol the Vile. However, it still takes five characters, one in each of the fire circles, in order to interrupt Vim'gol the Vile's Unholy Growth cast.

Dungeons and Raids

* Eye of Eternity
o Malygos will now properly delay before breathing after a Vortex on Heroic difficulty.
* Naxxramas
o The Chains of Kel'Thuzad will no longer reset the raid's threat.
o The Portal of Shadows created by Shade of Naxxramas will only persist for a maximum of one minute.
o Players with pets who attempt to use the Obedience Crystals in Naxxramas will have their pets dismissed automatically so they may possess an Understudy.

User Interface

* New Advanced features for quest tracking are now available. Players will need to activate this option within the Interface panel.
* A new Color Blind option is available under the Interface panel.
* For additional notes on Lua and XML changes please visit the UI & Macros forum.

Items

* Glyphs
o Glyph of Blood Boil: Now only applies a snare to diseased targets.
o Glyph of Holy Light: Can no longer crit and has had its range updated.
o Glyph of Mocking Blow correctly increases damage of the ability by 25%.
o Glyph of Shocking's tooltip has been corrected.
o Glyph of Sprint no longer reduces the duration.
* Darkmoon Cards of the North will now take three seconds per card to create.
* Divine Hymn will now trigger Illustration of the Dragon Soul.
* Frozen Scepter of Necromancy now sounds like other maces.
* Heavy Junkboxes will no longer have deprecated poison materials.
* Magic Dust now has a 10 second PvP duration.
* Old Naxxramas Shoulder Enchants will now soulbind items.
* Outrider's Lammellar Legguards and Sentinel's Mail Leggings have had their costs reduced to the correct value.
* Pack of Endless Pockets can now be mailed.
* Patroller's Pack now sounds like a bag.
* PvP Trinkets will now break Shackle Undead.
* Several beverages missing from the " Beverages Consumed " statistic have been added.
* Several foods missing from the Food Eaten statistic have been added.
* Thunder Capacitor again requires four charges.
* Thunder Capacitor's cooldown functions.
* White Tickbird Hatchling is now classified as a Pet.

Bug Fixes

* Dartol's Rod of Transformation has had its tooltip corrected.
* Mace of Unending Life is correctly a 2H weapon.
* Many Northrend maces now make correct noises when sheathed and unsheathed.
* Many items with 110 attack power now correctly grant 110 ranged attack power.
* Oracle Talisman of Ablution's spell data has been clarified.
* Personal Rating Requirements for offhand Deadly Gladiator items should now display correctly.
* Several Hateful and Deadly plate helms have had their stats correctly reduced.
* Yaaarrrr! now has a detailed tooltip.
* Death Knight
o Dancing Rune Weapon: Fixed a bug making it trigger an unusual number of effects from the weapon equipped by the Death Knight. In addition, it will now only echo Death Knight spells whose primary purpose is dealing damage. Also corrected a bug making the effect last 8 seconds longer than intended.
* Shaman
o Tremor Totem: Now correctly pulses every 3 sec, up from 1 sec.
The most curious thing to me is the dual-specialization feature. It allows you to have two specializations, but you have to switch them out of battle to use the other. This will alleviate the problem of finding specifically-specced players for tougher instances and raids...neither of which I'm really concerned with, but it will add a new dynamic either way.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?

Dopefish
I am becoming a turkey.

Member 42

Level 42.28

Mar 2006

Old Aug 14, 2009, 11:08 PM #15 of 1941
While they may decide to revamp some of the old Azeroth stuff (and long overdue as well), I'm calling bullshit on this. It sounds to me more like the wishful thinking of a bunch of creative minds.

I mean Troll Druids and Dwarf Shamans? Come on now.
Agree. For example, Blizzard has said previously that allowing flying on the original continents is a logistical nightmare and, in my mind, would only serve to dilute the exploration achievements as well as invoke a little more griefing from rival factions on leaders and lower-level players. As far as I can tell, there's nothing to stop someone from flying into, say, Elwynn Forest.

As for adding new classes to races that don't have them, they have done it before so it's not unheard of and I expect them to do it eventually just because it's easier to keep newbs happy than veterans.

FELIPE NO
Dopefish
I am becoming a turkey.

Member 42

Level 42.28

Mar 2006

Old Aug 24, 2009, 10:43 PM #16 of 1941
Looking at a trailer of how old zones are affected by the Cataclysm, it's easy to see the allure. Having a zone called Desolace looking like anything but can't be right, though.

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming > [PC] World of Warcraft