Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

[PC] World of Warcraft

Kostaki
Team Bonklers!

Member 2155

Level 22.18

Mar 2006

Old Mar 26, 2006, 10:29 AM Local time: Mar 26, 2006, 10:29 AM #1 of 1941
DKP is "Dragon Kill Points" ... a concept which started in the early days of EverQuest. As there were only two big mobs to kill back then before any expansions, both of which were dragons, the points were aptly named that. When you attend a raid and it is successful, you earn a particular amount of points. Even after Ruins of Kunark came out and the Plane of Fear/Hate were established with non-dragon bosses, the points remained being called DKP. It's just one of those things that caught on like the WTB/WTS acronyms.

Jam it back in, in the dark.
Kostaki
Team Bonklers!

Member 2155

Level 22.18

Mar 2006

Old Mar 29, 2006, 03:04 AM Local time: Mar 29, 2006, 03:04 AM #2 of 1941
It's true, I don't think SOE even had customer service levels as bad as this is currently. I might not have experience as a network admin running MMO servers before, but it certainly seems like to me that they have a small team of maybe 50-100 people working on a game that 5-6 million people play.

I almost have to feel sorry for those who worship Blizzard and would gladly pay their $15 along with their souls to play.

There's nowhere I can't reach.
Kostaki
Team Bonklers!

Member 2155

Level 22.18

Mar 2006

Old Mar 29, 2006, 01:31 PM Local time: Mar 29, 2006, 01:31 PM #3 of 1941
Originally Posted by Zio
And I doubt they have 50-100 people working, they probaly have a lot more then that, but when you service people around millions upon millons then well, what do you expect?
I expect them to adapt to being able to handle their customer base by providing high quality communication and service to match their success. It really isn't too much to ask when all you want to do is sit down and pass the time.

Vindication was nerfed yesterday too, as all named in dungeons are now completely immune to it, thus making the debuff worthless. May as well put the points in Pursuit of Justice now. ;_;

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
Kostaki
Team Bonklers!

Member 2155

Level 22.18

Mar 2006

Old Mar 29, 2006, 08:46 PM Local time: Mar 29, 2006, 08:46 PM #4 of 1941
True of course, but better the minority unhappy than the majority. It doesn't take much to please people when it comes to MMOs.

I've decided to roll an Engineering Druid named Rhapthorne to see what kind of strategical shenanigans I can pull with it while the Paladin rests a bit to recover from all these bugs and nerfs.

Most amazing jew boots
Kostaki
Team Bonklers!

Member 2155

Level 22.18

Mar 2006

Old Mar 29, 2006, 08:59 PM Local time: Mar 29, 2006, 08:59 PM #5 of 1941
Improvement is a natural requirement for everything, be it something as trivial as MMO customer support. Communication would be a great start.

Currently, as I stated above, Vindication no longer works on targets where it would hold the most potency. Seal of Command is still bugged to go "Spell Not Ready" from time to time. Lay on Hands is bugged to not restore the 550 mana to a given target. Weapon procs and enchants are bugged to not proc at ALL when Seal of Command is active.

Clearly, there are bugs.

How ya doing, buddy?
Kostaki
Team Bonklers!

Member 2155

Level 22.18

Mar 2006

Old Mar 29, 2006, 10:50 PM Local time: Mar 29, 2006, 10:50 PM #6 of 1941
Interesting, considering I've had it proc during Ravager Whirlwind before. I guess I'll toss it into the nerf column then instead of a bug.

Authentication and Login Servers are both down again. Joy.

Most amazing jew boots
Kostaki
Team Bonklers!

Member 2155

Level 22.18

Mar 2006

Old Mar 30, 2006, 12:11 AM Local time: Mar 30, 2006, 12:11 AM #7 of 1941
Rolling on a brand new server is bad in and of itself, because you have everyone and their dog wants to "start fresh" so you have an immediate overcrowded server. Much easier to roll on a more established server where you already have pre-existing drama and where people have reputations.

Turns out Thunderhorn is one of only a select few servers that have a problem right now. I started playing .hack instead, because I don't feel like waiting.

How ya doing, buddy?
Kostaki
Team Bonklers!

Member 2155

Level 22.18

Mar 2006

Old Mar 30, 2006, 12:20 AM Local time: Mar 30, 2006, 12:20 AM #8 of 1941
Vindication was 15 point required Retribution talent (with three levels, 5%/10%/15%) that debuffed the target to reduce their Strength/Agility by 15% of their max value. Against mobs that die quickly it's fairly useless, but when applied to named or boss mobs that have a bit of HP it was decently effective. Not anymore, I guess.

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
Kostaki
Team Bonklers!

Member 2155

Level 22.18

Mar 2006

Old Mar 30, 2006, 03:26 PM Local time: Mar 30, 2006, 03:26 PM #9 of 1941
Originally Posted by Talbain
A nerf on paladins wouldn't be that bad of a thing really.
Shaman Totems are no longer immune to AOE spells, either. Rumors are circulating that it's an intended change and not a bug.

Paladins won't be the only ones getting the short end of the stick.

Kostaki
Team Bonklers!

Member 2155

Level 22.18

Mar 2006

Old Mar 31, 2006, 07:01 PM Local time: Mar 31, 2006, 07:01 PM #10 of 1941
Originally Posted by Zio
And pallies need to be hit with a nerf bat, sorry but they are the only class besides perhaps hunters that give me trouble in PVP but that is just cause I hate pallies and I'm a horde player. :X
I honestly hope the Shaman totem AOE issue is a bug, because I already have an incredibly easy time strategizing against and destroying Shaman players. Giving me the option to toss a stick of dynamite or a grenade along with my consecration to end totem menaces would certainly not give them any further chance to survive.

Anyone with an ounce of strategical know-how would be able to feint using a worthless totem to draw a quick reflex consecration, then run back and pop the real thing right outside of consecration's perimeter. I don't hate Shaman players in the least, they have several tools at their discretion to make my life harder, but most PVP in this game comes down to psychology, being able to fake and feint your way to make your opponent make a mistake.

The nerf bat in general is a "what goes around, comes around" type thing. Never wish a nerf upon anyone unless you're ready to take one yourself.

Kostaki
Team Bonklers!

Member 2155

Level 22.18

Mar 2006

Old Mar 31, 2006, 10:58 PM Local time: Mar 31, 2006, 10:58 PM #11 of 1941
I know that you need to give Shaman more credit with solo PVP, because I've played against some incredibly good Shaman players who know what to do in solo PVP.

This whole "bubble/hearth" stigma needs to die, and fast. If an entire group of horde comes at me and I know I have no chance to win and I've been discovered, I will use that tactic. Several other classes have methods of escaping when they need to flee, and we do not. Alternatively, if I feel like I have a slight chance to win or the fight is on equal terms, I will remain and if I die then I die.

We have heavy endurance that ties into our game mechanics, because we don't have effective DPS. If that "bores" you then either learn to break through the endurance, or don't bother to fight with us.

Kostaki
Team Bonklers!

Member 2155

Level 22.18

Mar 2006

Old Apr 1, 2006, 12:02 AM Local time: Apr 1, 2006, 12:02 AM #12 of 1941
Originally Posted by Zio
I dont' know i just don't feel challanged unless the other person actually KNOWS what they are doing.
This is pretty much the case for most all PVP, and it gets tiring when you come across a horrible player that screams nerf whenever they're soundly defeated against a class because they don't know what they're doing. I've had certain Rogues molest me the same way that I can murder some Rogues. The same with just about any class that properly takes advantage of what they have.

I imagine it's just as shameful for Paladins to abuse shield/hearth in PVP combat as it is Rogues using Vanish in the same combat, pending you're about to lose a legitimate fight that you originally had a chance of winning. Be it a Paladin or a Rogue, if you lose legitimately, take the death. That's the way I've always seen things.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
Kostaki
Team Bonklers!

Member 2155

Level 22.18

Mar 2006

Old Aug 11, 2006, 08:46 PM Local time: Aug 11, 2006, 08:46 PM #13 of 1941
Late as always, but I will add my information into the mix.

Thunderhorn (Main Server) :
Himeko - 60 Human Paladin
Kostaki - 60 Tauren Druid (Current Main)
Lindsey - 26 Undead Priest
Haruhi - ?? Undead Rogue

Stormscale (Abandoned..)
Karin - 60 Human Paladin

Yes, I've rolled two 60 Paladins. Stormscale is a PVP server, and Thunderhorn is PVE. With the advent of BGs, I decided to remove myself from the gankfest atmosphere and joined Thunderhorn at the behest of Ugnok/Deadlyfire and the Scumdogs of Azeroth crew. Unfortunately, that appears to be falling apart too, so my time to quit may be near. We'll see though.

I was speaking idiomatically.

Last edited by Kostaki; Aug 13, 2006 at 07:09 AM.
Kostaki
Team Bonklers!

Member 2155

Level 22.18

Mar 2006

Old Aug 13, 2006, 07:11 AM Local time: Aug 13, 2006, 07:11 AM #14 of 1941
I have to have a hearty laugh at people who are going ballistic over the news. It means new raid leaders will be born, multiple MTs will come about, and double or even triple raids will be forming.

It's not that more people will be sitting out, it's that more people will have an opportunity to put together more raids within a present guild for more opportunity for loot. It's an excellent way to present teamwork in the fashion of having multiple teams giving new people a time to shine.

All I can do is LOL at all of you whining over it.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
Kostaki
Team Bonklers!

Member 2155

Level 22.18

Mar 2006

Old Aug 15, 2006, 10:57 AM Local time: Aug 15, 2006, 10:57 AM #15 of 1941
The bottom line is, if you cannot put together two core raiding groups and do some interchanging from time to time your guild simply isn't a focused team. This isn't some top 40 elitist bullshit anymore now, this is getting together 25 man teams of your best and letting them destroy everything.

The two (and even three) teams work. Anything that claims otherwise is only there because they either feel threatened to lose DKP/gear, threatened that someone else is going to shine above them, or threatened because they actually HAVE TO HAVE SKILL now.

I'll see your WTF and raise you two LOLs.

Most amazing jew boots
Kostaki
Team Bonklers!

Member 2155

Level 22.18

Mar 2006

Old Aug 22, 2006, 07:57 PM Local time: Aug 22, 2006, 07:57 PM #16 of 1941
I guess our new hardware must have been made by Fisher Price.

"My First Little Server Hardware Set"

Meanwhile, Himeko now has Spaulders of Valor. I logged on for a second to clean up her inventory, got invited to UBRS and ended up with them. lawl.

How ya doing, buddy?
Kostaki
Team Bonklers!

Member 2155

Level 22.18

Mar 2006

Old Sep 3, 2006, 03:51 AM Local time: Sep 3, 2006, 03:51 AM #17 of 1941
I decided to finally quit the game tonight for good. I'll be logging back on Thunderhorn one last time to pay a little homage to my characters, tell everyone what I'm going to be doing, and that'll be the end of it. For the reasoning behind it, I'll simply leave it as what I typed in the "explain why you're leaving" box.

"The reason I'm quitting this time, for the last time, is quite clear. I don't have months of my life to throw away obtaining an online PVP rank or rough data that could be all be gone from me in a moment's notice. Life has become much more precious to me than getting my next epic drop, and I'm done. I thank you for your game being around to teach me that I don't want to be stuck in front of a computer screen any longer playing in an online world when the real world is infinitely more expansive.

Thank you."

The friends I've made in the game will never disappear even if I disappear from the game. I'm a fool for not realizing that up to now.

This shall be the last time I post in this thread even though I didn't post much, everyone enjoy the expansion to the best of your abilities.

Kostaki
Team Bonklers!

Member 2155

Level 22.18

Mar 2006

Old Dec 16, 2006, 10:09 PM Local time: Dec 16, 2006, 10:09 PM #18 of 1941
I think people are simply getting tired of having the rug pulled out from under them so many times. Blizzard makes changes to get people excited, then once people are all fired up wanting to play again (and have resubscribed for another month) they retract the changes or make illogical changes that piss off a great deal of the userbase.

That's why I quit the game entirely myself, and never really moved onto another MMO yet. I have Phantasy Star Universe, but I haven't really tried the online aspect of it yet.

Kostaki
Team Bonklers!

Member 2155

Level 22.18

Mar 2006

Old Dec 21, 2006, 11:21 PM Local time: Dec 21, 2006, 11:21 PM #19 of 1941
I was reading the WOW boards earlier, and I came across this gem of a screenshot.

http://i88.photobucket.com/albums/k1...906_191636.jpg

I have to ask this. Is that whole Shoot the fucker! thing part of the actual UI or do you actually type that in there, or is that a button or something?

Because I was lol'in over all that screenshot for about 10 minutes.

Kostaki
Team Bonklers!

Member 2155

Level 22.18

Mar 2006

Old Dec 26, 2006, 07:44 AM Local time: Dec 26, 2006, 07:44 AM #20 of 1941
The entire game is monotonous when you really think about it. Every class has a standard subset of moves that they should do, and no one really has a unique playstyle because everyone is made to do the same thing. That's the problem with World of Warcraft really, once a single group of people find something that works the userbase as a whole is made to follow what works.

As a result, each class yields the same bullshit. No matter what you play, the only differences will be the subtle manner and timing in which you use your already pre-determined skills. If you don't do something like everyone else does it, you're "ebayed" and suck ass. If you do, you're normal and nobody cares to praise you. When you get praise, it ends up being a big popularity contest of friends that want to put you on a pedestal when in reality, you may not even know what the hell you're doing undeserving of praise in the first place. So your "unique" character is just a carbon copy clone of X named holy spec Priest or Y named elemental spec Shaman. There's also the substandard attempts at "balance" Blizzard keeps trying to do, which doesn't help. This leads to wondering why people play it in the first place, and the vicious circle begins.

Of course, there are people who claim they pay $15 a month for their social networking, when things like a phone and IMs work just fine.

People have their own reasons, I guess.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
Kostaki
Team Bonklers!

Member 2155

Level 22.18

Mar 2006

Old Jan 13, 2007, 10:17 PM Local time: Jan 13, 2007, 10:17 PM #21 of 1941
Out of curiosity, exactly what the hell are you "spying" on with these alt characters?

I was speaking idiomatically.
Kostaki
Team Bonklers!

Member 2155

Level 22.18

Mar 2006

Old Oct 14, 2007, 09:25 AM Local time: Oct 14, 2007, 09:25 AM #22 of 1941
WoW Forums -> 2.3 PTR Patch Notes

PTR patch notes for 2.3

Much QQing is had by all on this one. (I like 60m poisons for rogues though, however I had no problem with the 30m ones :| )
Holy... shit. A patch without Paladin nerfs? No way. No fucking way.

Did something happen over at Blizzard that caused them to be like "OH GOD BACKPEDAL GIVE THEM WHAT THEY WANT!"

Mass cancellations perhaps?

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming > [PC] World of Warcraft