Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > Help Desk
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

Suggestions on a new TV

LIAR
AND ITS-A ME, WA WA WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH

Member 77

Level 22.22

Mar 2006

Old Aug 23, 2011, 10:11 AM Local time: Aug 23, 2011, 07:11 AM #1 of 10
Plasma tends to handle SD signals better (<720p), but is heavy and is fucked if it smacks into things.

LCD is light, but doesn't do lower resolutions quite as well.

LED is extremely thin and does true blacks (individual pixels shutting off is awesome). Handles lower resolutions better than LCD, but not as well as Plasma. More expensive than the other two, but sexier! Most 3D tvs are LED.

LCD will be replaced by LED LCD (yes, LED TVs are still LCDs). Plasma may stick around a bit, until LEDs truly mature.

Additional Spam:
If you're looking for brand suggestions, I've really become a fan of the Samsung line of TVs lately. They've really proven to be durable and nice looking. I, personally, have a Westinghouse 37" LCD right now, but want to upgrade to a Samsung LED sometime in the not so near future.

Jam it back in, in the dark.
Wakka wakka wakka wakka wakka

Last edited by LIAR; Aug 23, 2011 at 10:12 AM. Reason: This member got a little too post happy.
LIAR
AND ITS-A ME, WA WA WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH

Member 77

Level 22.22

Mar 2006

Old Aug 25, 2011, 10:19 AM Local time: Aug 25, 2011, 07:19 AM #2 of 10
Panasonic is alright. Nearly every TV in our office is a Samsung and they all work great and look great. Most of the monitors in my house are also Samsung and same story there.

Really I just tell people to avoid Sony, since they're overpriced.

There's nowhere I can't reach.
Wakka wakka wakka wakka wakka

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > Help Desk > Suggestions on a new TV