Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > General Discussion

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

Do You Download Movies That Are Still in Theaters?

GrimReaper
Bringer of Death

Member 880

Level 21.03

Mar 2006

Old Aug 19, 2006, 03:10 PM #1 of 46
Do You Download Movies That Are Still in Theaters?

How many of you download new movies that are still in theaters? I've thought about downloading one, but too worried I get into some kinda trouble for downloading them. So, what are the chances of getting caught?

Jam it back in, in the dark.
Death To You!!!
Basil
Banned

Member 499

Level 48.58

Mar 2006

Old Aug 19, 2006, 03:23 PM Local time: Aug 19, 2006, 02:23 PM #2 of 46
I don't have time for downloading movies, period. One, they're too large, and two, I'm always busy with other things to get done.

Media threads like this would be better off in the Media Center, for next time. just letting you know.

EDIT: Also what Merv said. I can pay money for something you can actually see and hear. ;_;

There's nowhere I can't reach.
Little Shithead
prettiest miku

Member 90

Level 33.52

Mar 2006

Old Aug 19, 2006, 03:23 PM #3 of 46
Who even downloads movies that are still in theatres.

The quality fucking sucks.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
Void
i turn black thoughts to red

Member 6792

Level 11.90

May 2006

Old Aug 19, 2006, 03:29 PM #4 of 46
Originally Posted by Merv Burger
Who even downloads movies that are still in theatres.

The quality fucking sucks.
Word.

I only get DVD rips.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
The only way out is through.
GrimReaper
Bringer of Death

Member 880

Level 21.03

Mar 2006

Old Aug 19, 2006, 03:30 PM #5 of 46
I dunno, just to watch them. Don't really care about the quality.

I was speaking idiomatically.
Death To You!!!
Void
i turn black thoughts to red

Member 6792

Level 11.90

May 2006

Old Aug 19, 2006, 04:34 PM #6 of 46
It's pretty much the same quality as the bootlegs you can buy off the street. I've never been an audiophile, but the quality is just so horrendous that I can't bear to watch it. It spoils the movie for me, and chances are I end up not liking it. I need to watch movies and experience the full effect that it's intended to provide, and I just can never get that with bad quality movies. I'm sorry, but it's just not worth it to me.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
The only way out is through.
Majin yami
Callipygian Superman

Member 1810

Level 17.75

Mar 2006

Old Aug 19, 2006, 05:08 PM Local time: Aug 19, 2006, 11:08 PM #7 of 46
Only ever do that around Oscar's time when all the DVD quality versions of films out at the mo get sent to the people for judging and get leaked onto the 'net.

FELIPE NO

>: 4 8 15 16 23 42
Long Live Lost
LiveJournal: Latest Entry: My Political Leanings.
Latest JOURNAL Entry:
ITE: I review the latest album by The Guillemots (also, exam results)

Bernard Black
I don't mean this in a bad way, but genetically you are a cul-de-sac

Member 518

Level 32.84

Mar 2006

Old Aug 19, 2006, 05:22 PM Local time: Aug 19, 2006, 10:22 PM #8 of 46
No, I'd rather pay to see the film because in all honesty I think the cinema experience is a part of the movie itself; there's nothing quite like the cinema unless you have a ridiculous tv setup at your house. Also the quality is pretty shite to be fair. The first ripped movie I watched was really badly done, and I guess I've not really bothered to watch them since then.

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
acid
Fighting For Freedom Wherever There's Trouble

Member 643

Level 19.09

Mar 2006

Old Aug 19, 2006, 05:30 PM Local time: Aug 19, 2006, 04:30 PM #9 of 46
Truth.

I go to movie to see movies. I enjoy the the movie experience. I like seeing things on the big screen, with the big sound, eating my overpriced popcorn and coke.

The only movies that I'll bother to download are older movies that I either can't find, or am too lazy to rent.

How ya doing, buddy?

GI Joe is the codename for America's highly trained special mission force. Its purpose: to defend human freedom against COBRA. A ruthless terrorist organization determined to rule the world.

24 can't jump the shark. Jack Bauer ate the shark long ago. Now 24 can only jump the water, and that doesn't mean anything. - Jazzflight
<Krizzzopolis> acid you are made of win.
<Dissolution> And now my god damn scissors are all milky
Metal Sphere
It's Agrias time.

Member 84

Level 36.59

Mar 2006

Old Aug 19, 2006, 05:36 PM #10 of 46
No, because most movies these days really haven't interested me much. That and they're huge files with shit quality until the DVD rips roll around, and even then it might be riddled with all sorts of artifacts.

I don't agree with the "movie experience" bit. If it means expensive tickets, overpriced food and freezing theaters, then count me out. Or maybe it's just NYC movie theaters that assrape you with their prices.

The text is part of the image and the two squires aren't exactly even.
Summonmaster
The best exploding rabbit user there is.

Member 695

Level 43.57

Mar 2006

Old Aug 19, 2006, 06:50 PM #11 of 46
I've only ever downloaded one movie out of spite, and it was Kill Bill Vol. 1. On that day, my family went to eat at Swiss Chalet and we barely made it on time to the theater, and then the ticket person said Kill Bill Vol. 1 was rated R and I wasn't 18 yet. So later on I downloaded the movie and watched it at home since I couldn't watch it in theaters, and my mom sat down and watched it with me.

Gechmir
Did you see anything last night?

Member 629

Level 46.64

Mar 2006

Old Aug 19, 2006, 06:55 PM Local time: Aug 19, 2006, 06:55 PM #12 of 46
I only DL'd movies that didn't make it here. One was The Matador. And it was a nice quality. Indie movie for a bit, I think. Anyhow, no issues with quality. History of Violence for some reason never came here. Nor did a massive amount of anime movies released in theaters. The only Miyazaki movie we've ever gotten here was a one-time special midnight showing of Princess Mononoke, and that was a LONG time ago.

Most amazing jew boots
Hey, maybe you should try that thing Chie was talking about.

ArrowHead
Scadian Canadian

Member 2020

Level 20.25

Mar 2006

Old Aug 19, 2006, 07:13 PM #13 of 46
Originally Posted by GrimReaper
How many of you download new movies that are still in theaters? I've thought about downloading one, but too worried I get into some kinda trouble for downloading them. So, what are the chances of getting caught?
20" screen vs 50' screen. I'll take the 50' screen. Does that answer your question?

Mucknuggle
Baby shrink

Member 534

Level 37.83

Mar 2006

Old Aug 19, 2006, 07:17 PM #14 of 46
Originally Posted by Summonmaster
I've only ever downloaded one movie out of spite, and it was Kill Bill Vol. 1. On that day, my family went to eat at Swiss Chalet and we barely made it on time to the theater, and then the ticket person said Kill Bill Vol. 1 was rated R and I wasn't 18 yet. So later on I downloaded the movie and watched it at home since I couldn't watch it in theaters, and my mom sat down and watched it with me.
You should move to Quebec. I can't remember the last time that there was a movie given an R rating here.

Echo
tagged~

Member 1728

Level 5.43

Mar 2006

Old Aug 19, 2006, 10:00 PM #15 of 46
You can find those bootlegs that are ripped from DVDs sent out to like reviewers and stuff. They usually have those warnings on the bottom, with a number to call so you can turn yourse... the person who ripped it in.

FELIPE NO
TheReverend
Rising Above The Rest

Member 4709

Level 26.30

Apr 2006

Old Aug 19, 2006, 10:08 PM Local time: Aug 19, 2006, 09:08 PM #16 of 46
Answer to the question: Hell no.

DL'ing movies before release is lame. I mean, seriously if you need to see it that bad, pay for it. Otherwise, you can definitely wait to see it legitimately for much less than the theatre price.

I swear patience is lost in our world today.

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
~ Ready To Strike ~
:Currently Playing: League Of Legends(PC), Skyrim(PC), Golden Sun: Lost Age(GBA), Twilight Princess(Wii), Portal2(PC), Dragon Warrior II(NES), Metroid Prime 2: Echoes(GC)
Arainach
Sensors indicate an Ancient Civilization

Member 1200

Level 26.94

Mar 2006

Old Aug 20, 2006, 12:13 AM #17 of 46
I don't download Movies period. On the rare occasion that one's worth buying, I buy it. If it's not really worth buying I shell out the $5 to rent (and burn) it from Blockbuster.

Jam it back in, in the dark.
gidget
Shorter than girls should be.

Member 8290

Level 18.41

Jun 2006

Old Aug 20, 2006, 12:25 AM Local time: Aug 19, 2006, 09:25 PM #18 of 46
I've never downloaded a movie. They take up too much space, and if I really want to see it, I'll just pay $10 and go with my friends because they most likely want to see it, too.

Eleo
Banned

Member 516

Level 36.18

Mar 2006

Old Aug 20, 2006, 01:19 AM #19 of 46
I remember I downloaded a bootleg of Silent Hill. Couldn't even see the monsters at the beginning because it was sooo dark. Adjusting brightness/contrast didn't even help. It's just better to wait until the DVD comes out.

EDIT: Although I do remember that release of Star Wars Episode III (you know, the one that pretty much got EliteTorrents.org shut down) and it was superb because it was taken from a workprint. So that would be the one time I downloaded a movie that was in theaters and enjoyed watching it. Ironically it was the one time I downloaded a movie I ended up paying to see anyone and also buying on DVD. Most likely there won't be very many releases like that one in the near future. Maybe when more movies are made digitally instead of with film; I don't know.

Last edited by Eleo; Aug 20, 2006 at 03:32 AM.
splur
Chocobo

Member 2496

Level 14.14

Mar 2006

Old Aug 20, 2006, 03:23 AM #20 of 46
No unless the movie is something I'd be ashamed of going to watch. CAM and TeleCINE are just terrible. I can't stand them. So I bite the bullet and pay for the ticket, I couldn't really care less because it doesn't cost that much anyways.

Movies I'm ashamed of are any childish, teen or girlie movies. Example; Mean Girls.

Most amazing jew boots
[RIGHT]
Jayden
"Superior Tech!"

Member 850

Level 4.68

Mar 2006

Old Aug 20, 2006, 04:16 AM Local time: Aug 20, 2006, 02:16 AM #21 of 46
I will only download a movie if I can't get my hands on it easily -- such as foreign films.

gaara-chan
Bonkler

Member 73

Level 10.75

Mar 2006

Old Aug 20, 2006, 04:38 AM Local time: Aug 20, 2006, 11:38 AM #22 of 46
I usually only download a movie when there's a DVD Screener or DVD rip being released. CAM and Telesyncs are just not worth the effort.

*AkirA*
Now you're king of the mountain, but it's all garbage!

Member 468

Level 26.17

Mar 2006

Old Aug 20, 2006, 07:14 AM #23 of 46
I cant stand when theres that prick who thinks he can perform miracles and great feats of magic because he already has a copy of the Matrix when your about to go see it in theaters.

Maybe this isnt exactly part of the discussion, but I thought going to the theaters was supposed to be more then just seeing a movie. You know, hanging out with friends, and having fellowship.

Maybe im just a hopeless romantic like that.

FELIPE NO
gren
Welcome to Raikhad

Member 2719

Level 7.65

Mar 2006

Old Aug 20, 2006, 10:01 AM #24 of 46
Twice I have downloaded before DVD release. One of the Lord of the Rings on a 3 CD release... never watched it... not sure why I got it... and now I own the DVD. And Inside Man, because I wanted to see the opening song and I didn't think of how pre-release it was... I left it on after the first song and about 20 minutes into it everything died. The quality was actually fine on it, DVD quality pretty much.

I never thought I liked video piracy until I started wanting to watch movies from the Criterion Collection and I realized I don't want to pay $40 a hit. Also, I download Hindi cinema since they still haven't learned how to not put non-skippable ads and get good quality on many of their films. And quality is important to me... I don't even think DVD quality is good anymore ever since I've started watching 1080p (actually 720p since 1080p won't fit onto my 19" monitor) video from Apple trailers and since I saw a nicely encoded H.624 HD anime fansub. The future is bright.

Most amazing jew boots
Digital_Divider
because bastard operators from hell get all the ladies.

Member 8324

Level 6.27

Jun 2006

Old Aug 20, 2006, 09:46 PM #25 of 46
my dad buys movies bootleg all the time, forwhatever reason. half the time the quality is nice, the other half the time, it's total shit. Why even bother? half the things hollywood produces these days are shit..

Most amazing jew boots
I am myself. You can't change me. I am who I am.

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > General Discussion > Do You Download Movies That Are Still in Theaters?