Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

[PC] World of Warcraft

The_Griffin
Nostalgia and Crossovers

Member 266

Level 32.27

Mar 2006

Old Jul 5, 2006, 04:16 PM Local time: Jul 5, 2006, 02:16 PM #701 of 1941
Alrighty, I'm 53 now, and clueless. I want someplace OTHER than Western Plaguelands to grind, and I have literally been unable to get into a group for Sunken Temple, BRD, or even fucking Maraudon.

Where can I go? ;_;

I was speaking idiomatically.
Gechmir
Did you see anything last night?

Member 629

Level 46.64

Mar 2006

Old Jul 5, 2006, 04:32 PM Local time: Jul 5, 2006, 04:32 PM #702 of 1941
Felwood. Grind Timbermaw rep off the furries. Then go to Winterspring for a large amount of quests =D

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
Hey, maybe you should try that thing Chie was talking about.

The_Griffin
Nostalgia and Crossovers

Member 266

Level 32.27

Mar 2006

Old Jul 5, 2006, 06:05 PM Local time: Jul 5, 2006, 04:05 PM #703 of 1941
Urgh... not the biggest fan of Felwood, but I DO have some quests there... meh, can't hurt. =\

FELIPE NO
Xellos
Loyal Einherjar

Member 2068

Level 20.25

Mar 2006

Old Jul 5, 2006, 06:50 PM #704 of 1941
Man I'm loving fury. I think i'll stay it for a long time.

Some pictars.

That's a lot of AP. You get some very nice bloodthirst crits with that.

That's actually true, but the mob is weakened. Still fun to see you do these kind of numbers. Seen a mage do a 108k frostbolt heh.

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?

Soldier: Prepare yourself, rebel scum!!

Arngrim : (These slipshod soldiers think they can call me "rebel scum"?)
Gechmir

Member 629

Level 46.64

Mar 2006

Old Jul 5, 2006, 08:24 PM Local time: Jul 5, 2006, 08:24 PM #705 of 1941
Whah... What... HOW?! ;__; Unreal damage.

Jam it back in, in the dark.

Six Machine
Let's have activities!

Member 1127

Level 9.94

Mar 2006

Old Jul 6, 2006, 05:45 AM Local time: Jul 6, 2006, 03:45 AM #706 of 1941
Setting up a fancy UI is giving me a headache. It's hard working with 1024x768.

There's nowhere I can't reach.

Last edited by Six Machine; Jul 6, 2006 at 05:50 AM.
Xellos
Loyal Einherjar

Member 2068

Level 20.25

Mar 2006

Old Jul 6, 2006, 05:54 AM #707 of 1941
you can configure some stuff with /ncombat

I personally turned off everything except stuff that involves me. I really don't care that some hunter did a 600 autoshot hit, or that some priest healed some rogue for 1500.

As for that damage pic, the reason you do that amount of damage, is that the moment the boss dies, the adds get weak like that. From what I can see, you'll do around 30 times more damage then normal if a normal hit does 6k.

This means that in theory if the mob is below 20% and you have a full rage bar, your execute could crit for around 130k, the problem however is the mob dies within seconds with that debuff.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.

The_Griffin
Nostalgia and Crossovers

Member 266

Level 32.27

Mar 2006

Old Jul 6, 2006, 11:34 AM Local time: Jul 6, 2006, 09:34 AM #708 of 1941
Alllllright. I'm a LITTLE less excited about the Rogue review now. Eviscerate... isn't going to scale. At all. Despite it being what everybody asked for. Instead, they're going to set up a book that teaches a new rank of it.

Rupture... isn't being changed at all. And Garrote is STILL going to be worthless, doing just under 1k if the estimates Drysc are giving are correct.

Urgh... I KNEW Blizzard would fuck it up somehow.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
Zio
I'm so cool, I got my own castle.

Member 456

Level 19.69

Mar 2006

Old Jul 6, 2006, 01:54 PM Local time: Jul 6, 2006, 01:54 PM #709 of 1941
Rogue review is kicking some ass right now.... And I bet shammies will get some hotfixes but eh I don't know Grif, it might just stay that way by the looks of it.

By the way, expose armor and many other stuff will actually have some USE for once.

Originally Posted by Zio
Heh, heh, heh. Now, now. That's the expression I want to see! A face filled with pain and anguish, begging fearfully for help, a face quivering with anger! Go, on! Get angry! Suffer! Be sad! That would truly be the ultimate offering to me and my great god!
The_Griffin
Nostalgia and Crossovers

Member 266

Level 32.27

Mar 2006

Old Jul 6, 2006, 08:35 PM Local time: Jul 6, 2006, 06:35 PM #710 of 1941
Yeah, I'm pretty much holding out absolutely no hope for anything. The way things are going I may very well roll something USEFUL, like a priest or something. = \

*sigh* It's a damn shame, too... I fucking LOVE playing as a shammy. It is SO MUCH FUN... but I wanna be decent in raids, too. D=

Zio

Member 456

Level 19.69

Mar 2006

Old Jul 6, 2006, 10:17 PM Local time: Jul 6, 2006, 10:17 PM #711 of 1941
Originally Posted by The_Griffin
Yeah, I'm pretty much holding out absolutely no hope for anything. The way things are going I may very well roll something USEFUL, like a priest or something. = \

*sigh* It's a damn shame, too... I fucking LOVE playing as a shammy. It is SO MUCH FUN... but I wanna be decent in raids, too. D=

Meh I think they are decent rather or not they go manatide or not.

FELIPE NO
Originally Posted by Zio
Heh, heh, heh. Now, now. That's the expression I want to see! A face filled with pain and anguish, begging fearfully for help, a face quivering with anger! Go, on! Get angry! Suffer! Be sad! That would truly be the ultimate offering to me and my great god!
The_Griffin
Nostalgia and Crossovers

Member 266

Level 32.27

Mar 2006

Old Jul 7, 2006, 12:37 AM Local time: Jul 6, 2006, 10:37 PM #712 of 1941
I dunno... I guess the thing about raiding with me is that I'm getting the main impression that shammies are just fillers to take along if a raid has too few people in it, and I really don't want to be a filler spot or a charity case.

Oh well... I guess when I hit 60 I'll start levelling my druid some more and use my shammy for RP and PVP, i.e. relaxation. *shrug*

Zio

Member 456

Level 19.69

Mar 2006

Old Jul 7, 2006, 01:46 AM Local time: Jul 7, 2006, 01:46 AM #713 of 1941
Originally Posted by The_Griffin
I dunno... I guess the thing about raiding with me is that I'm getting the main impression that shammies are just fillers to take along if a raid has too few people in it, and I really don't want to be a filler spot or a charity case.

Oh well... I guess when I hit 60 I'll start levelling my druid some more and use my shammy for RP and PVP, i.e. relaxation. *shrug*

Well then your one of the people who decide who goes and not via class for each raid it helps. :P I usually do this when I lead the raid.

40 men.

5 shammies
5 mages
5 warriors
5 priests
5 druids
5 rogues
5 warlocks

and the five is a mix up of what you want. I usually take more healers/warriors with the last five but that is jsut me.

And don't feel bad Griff. My guild still tells me I should roll undead rogue with daggers.

I tell them this.

Fuck you, undead = body that looks like it's falling apart + WoTF is overrated(Not saying it's good but it's overrated when people say why they went undead.). They look ugly to me. I'd rather be a troll, orc or taruen. And I hate thier starting areas + first PVP zone much like I do for Night elf(Though thier starting areas are good just Ashenvale the first PVP zone sucks balls.).

Besides I think trolls/Orcs are the best by looks + racial talents.

Originally Posted by Zio
Gechmir

Member 629

Level 46.64

Mar 2006

Old Jul 7, 2006, 03:16 PM Local time: Jul 7, 2006, 03:16 PM #714 of 1941
Trolls look ugly to me... =( I made a Troll hunter and HAD to make it female, because the male ones look way too goofy for my tastes.

But all my other hordies are Taurens ;D <3 Cows.

Zio

Member 456

Level 19.69

Mar 2006

Old Jul 7, 2006, 03:34 PM Local time: Jul 7, 2006, 03:34 PM #715 of 1941
Originally Posted by Gechmir
Trolls look ugly to me... =( I made a Troll hunter and HAD to make it female, because the male ones look way too goofy for my tastes.

But all my other hordies are Taurens ;D <3 Cows.
Your mom looks ugly. :O

Meh I like orcs and trolls the most. I only choose a cow cause of druid only race. <_<;

Originally Posted by Zio
Gechmir

Member 629

Level 46.64

Mar 2006

Old Jul 7, 2006, 03:49 PM Local time: Jul 7, 2006, 03:49 PM #716 of 1941
Originally Posted by Zio
Your mom looks ugly. :O

Meh I like orcs and trolls the most. I only choose a cow cause of druid only race. <_<;
;___; NO, YOURS.

Cows. Beef is where it's at. LOL DO YOU GET IT? ;D

khan0plinger
OH YES LET ME DROWN IN IT

Member 983

Level 17.72

Mar 2006

Old Jul 7, 2006, 04:01 PM #717 of 1941
Originally Posted by Gechmir
Well. Ran ZG tonite. With my guild and an old buddy who made the 20th member (priest). Never ran ZG with this one guy before. But CHRIST. He takes more breaks than a 400lb man climbing stairs, to quote my friend. THREE HOURS to kill the Serpent, Bat, & Spider bosses. THREE HOURS. Hell, probably closer to four now that I think about it.

Hits 1:30am and I pull the plug on my modem to stealth-quit. Since they were taking ANOTHER break but this involved going to IF.

But, after killing the Spider, this hummer dropped:
http://www.thottbot.com/?i=53638

Outrolled five warrior for this. Darned nice ring ;D
I hate doing ZG with people who are not in my guild/people I do not know. Our guild uses DKP for ZG but its great because its such a small amount. Last night was awesome run for me, picked up both the band/seal of jin, that +40 ap ring, Fang of the Faceless (im not dagger but figured hell I will take it) and my idol for my ZG enchant.

On another note, i fucking hate the paid transfers. They have officially ruined the community of our server. Our guild was top for a while...only having just cleared BWL for the third time, gates of AQ not open yet and a established guild that has cleared AQ over four times decided to transfer to a server thats under four months old. Translation, they are decked out in AQ gear on a server that doesnt have access to AQ yet. In addition, they have fucked up everyones pvp ranks. We had a guy who would of made Grand Marshal this week and had earned over 300k honor this past week, but because of the new transfers he actually went from rank 13 down to almost 11. Its pretty lame.

Most amazing jew boots
Xellos
Loyal Einherjar

Member 2068

Level 20.25

Mar 2006

Old Jul 7, 2006, 08:04 PM #718 of 1941
Originally Posted by Zio
Well then your one of the people who decide who goes and not via class for each raid it helps. :P I usually do this when I lead the raid.

40 men.

5 shammies
5 mages
5 warriors
5 priests
5 druids
5 rogues
5 warlocks

and the five is a mix up of what you want. I usually take more healers/warriors with the last five but that is jsut me.
Uh..hunters? You could argue that their obsolete, but blizzard made it so you need hunters for some fights. Tranqshot, pet pulls, etc.

You can't go wrong with them anyway, they do good damage, can remove aggro when they get it, and you won't be wasting hunter loot when it drops. There's no reason not to take them.

Zio

Member 456

Level 19.69

Mar 2006

Old Jul 7, 2006, 10:30 PM Local time: Jul 7, 2006, 10:30 PM #719 of 1941
Originally Posted by Xellos
Uh..hunters? You could argue that their obsolete, but blizzard made it so you need hunters for some fights. Tranqshot, pet pulls, etc.

You can't go wrong with them anyway, they do good damage, can remove aggro when they get it, and you won't be wasting hunter loot when it drops. There's no reason not to take them.
Shit I knew I forgot about that class.... Hunters are needed too... So I guess I just like five of every class...

And I hate hunters cause thier loot always drop. <_<; Got two of the helms off of ony.

FELIPE NO
Originally Posted by Zio
Talbain
Quilty as Charged

Member 19

Level 10.84

Feb 2006

Old Jul 9, 2006, 03:42 PM Local time: Jul 9, 2006, 08:42 PM #720 of 1941
Well, in a new guild, but still haven't done any 40-mans as I'm still busy with school. Naxx has started to deflate the server economy, which is bad news for me and my bank alt, but we're surviving.

My friends have left the server and gone on to other things, so I'm not sure where I'll end up now. I'd like to play, but not being with people you can always talk to sucks.

Updated profiles:
Grimjaw: http://law.polargroup.org/roster/cha...server=Illidan
Fhqwhgads (Bank): http://law.polargroup.org/roster/cha...server=Illidan

khan0plinger

Member 983

Level 17.72

Mar 2006

Old Jul 9, 2006, 09:37 PM #721 of 1941
We finally progressed into AQ40 after opening the gates. I must say the guy who did all the bug farming for brood rep is one lucky sumbish...as that legendary mount looks badass in Ironforge.

Im surprised though, we managed to take down Skerum and the royal bug trio in the first shot, but called it quits after that. I think we are gonna take another stab at the Instructor guy in Naxx before reset. >< I cant wait to do Patchwerk

khan0plinger

Member 983

Level 17.72

Mar 2006

Old Jul 11, 2006, 03:06 AM #722 of 1941
Exciting stuff, we saved BWL for tonight since we have been working on AQ40 all of late last week and over the weekend and hot dayum. We recruited 2 new rogues, and our rule is you must accumulate 300 lifetime dkp before you can win an item over a full fledged member. Razorgore - Bloodfang Bracer. Vael - BF Belt (had it though). Broodlord - Maladath and BF Boots, Chromaggus BF Shoulders and finally Nefarian dropped double bloodfang chest. So I got 5 bloodfang pieces in one night plus a badass sword. This week really gave me alot of improvements, Nightmare Blade + Maladath, 5 pieces of BF, Eye of Hakkar, Strikers Mark, and Seal of the Gurubashi Bezerker (its like +11 stam +40 ap). I think I made out well this week, although when the normal rogues come back I am so far tanked in DKP I won't win anything for a while. I must say though, I love the Nightblade/Maladath combination, its going to be so sweet with the new weapon skill specialization

The_Griffin
Nostalgia and Crossovers

Member 266

Level 32.27

Mar 2006

Old Jul 11, 2006, 11:36 AM Local time: Jul 11, 2006, 09:36 AM #723 of 1941
Originally Posted by Knighthawk
I must say though, I love the Nightblade/Maladath combination, its going to be so sweet with the new weapon skill specialization
You mean the one that's +5 to weapon skill, and so far into the Combat tree that you might as well take Adrenaline Rush because you've already gimped your stunlock ability?

Yeah, I saw the new talent trees.... and I honestly have to say that between Rupture not getting a change, Eviscerate being "fixed" with a new book, Improved Sprint not producing immunity to snares (apparently), and no real fixes to Rogue's melee DPS problems (on a fight where aggro is no concern, a good Fury warrior can pull over 700 DPS, whereas a rogue on the top of their game can pull around 4-500), OR their reliance on 5 minute cooldowns, and these frankly terrible trees that have the new talents up where most builds can't reach them... yeah, this review is going right next to the shaman and paladin reviews as the worst. *sigh*

Oh well, at least rogues got better at ganking shaman, more or less the only class they stand a good chance against.

Kensaki
_

Member 2194

Level 15.48

Mar 2006

Old Jul 11, 2006, 02:24 PM Local time: Jul 11, 2006, 09:24 PM #724 of 1941
heh a combat dagger specced rogue can hit 700 dps. With the new skill talent it will reduce the effect of glancing blows quite abit and we'll see even higher numbers.

If I see more uninformed rogue whining now I'll burst from anger. And yes i do have a 60 rogue if you are asking.

Zio

Member 456

Level 19.69

Mar 2006

Old Jul 12, 2006, 08:25 AM Local time: Jul 12, 2006, 08:25 AM #725 of 1941
Meh now I kinda wish I was a human rogue. With 10+ that would be useful.

Actually, now my new rogue spec seems to be 15/32/4. <___<; Cause I aint putting one into imp kick unless I'm getting two. And skip duel weilding spec but kept other things.

I don't really think +5 to a certain skill is useful but *shrugs*.

Something like, http://www.wowhead.com/?talent=yhg00xZG0Edr0zxcoL that would be good IMO for my sword/mace rogue.

But the fucking thing as I keep advocating on the forums, the only problem I have is a rogue is sprint. And orignally imp sprint removed 1.30 mins. Not 1 min. That and it should be a energy cost with 30 sec cooldown. 6 sec immune to every snare/immobility. 50 energy cost.

That would be very fair IMO.

Oh no I sprint, oh fuck I got concussed/hamstrunged again. Well damn now I'm fucked.(Or chilled.)

Originally Posted by Zio

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming > [PC] World of Warcraft