Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

[PS3] Tekken: Dark Resurrection (PS3)

Slayer X
Why do you not draw your sword?

Member 1205

Level 33.36

Mar 2006

Old Aug 7, 2007, 10:23 PM #76 of 86
Well the JAP and EUR versions do, so I can't forsee why the US version wouldn't too. But no one really know for 100% right now either.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
Manny Biggz
HELL YEAH

Member 2988

Level 25.67

Mar 2006

Old Aug 7, 2007, 11:54 PM #77 of 86
Bleh, all the earlier ones went online in JPN also, but didn't go online over here. Really makes no sense to me why they wouldn't do it.

I was speaking idiomatically.
chato
Prime Spark

Member 232

Level 39.22

Mar 2006

Old Aug 30, 2007, 08:07 PM #78 of 86
Time to revive the thread

Well it looks like on my end, online works perfect. Good job Manny in being one of the greatest-lame-o experts in aerial tech trapping lol. I figured 2 wins for me, 5 for you ;p

Anyone else? Just make sure if you're playing against Manny, watch out for his Bryan Fury >.>.

Most amazing jew boots
Manny Biggz
HELL YEAH

Member 2988

Level 25.67

Mar 2006

Old Aug 30, 2007, 08:28 PM #79 of 86
Actually Marduk is my main, but i'm playing extremly sluggish right now. >_< Got some rust to work off...

FELIPE NO
Slayer X

Member 1205

Level 33.36

Mar 2006

Old Aug 30, 2007, 10:36 PM #80 of 86
I'll be getting on ASAP. Maybe not tonight, but I'll be doing my best for tomorrow. For thoes who are interested in my arsenal.

1. Bryan Fury
2. Steve Fox
3. Baek Doo San
4. Hworang
5. Dragunov

So yeah, hope to fight you guys soon ^^
I'm also looking forward to the pratice mode for Dragunov and Lilly. I've been using the PSP version for them, but it's hard to do some combo stringing with it's D-pad. Survival Mode will be a cool addition too.

P.S.
My PSN ID is the same for all my consoles (and always will be): ChaosLegionaire

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?

Last edited by Slayer X; Aug 30, 2007 at 10:38 PM.
chato
Prime Spark

Member 232

Level 39.22

Mar 2006

Old Sep 2, 2007, 01:41 PM #81 of 86
Actually Marduk is my main, but i'm playing extremly sluggish right now. >_< Got some rust to work off...
Im all good for the rest of the day. So whenever you wanna go at it. Im there later around 5pm til the next 2-3 hours.

EDIT : Well , as always, I got my ass handed to by a bunch of Tekken 24/7 players and ended up with just 2 wins out of 10 , Thus making it 17 wins and 31 losses. Joy =].

Jam it back in, in the dark.

Last edited by chato; Sep 3, 2007 at 12:37 PM.
chato
Prime Spark

Member 232

Level 39.22

Mar 2006

Old Sep 14, 2007, 11:21 PM #82 of 86
*Reviving thread* So I played Chaoslegionaire. Hey man you're dangerous with Steve -_-;;. I think you'd probably kick my ass if it wasn't for my lucky last hits >.>. Great close-battles though. There was some weird shitty lag we had in our nina-bryan fight. wtf was that all about ? Could it have been the other dude who logged in maybe?

There's nowhere I can't reach.

Last edited by chato; Sep 14, 2007 at 11:25 PM.
Slayer X

Member 1205

Level 33.36

Mar 2006

Old Sep 15, 2007, 12:03 AM #83 of 86
Thanks for the compliments man. I haven't played for a couple weeks so I decided to jump back on. While Bryan is normally my best character I'm afraid that he's beginning to lack in his move variety with me. Also after we were done I went into practice to train with Steve. I'm working on some new stuff for ya ^^

Your Baek kept me on edge trying to block all your varied attacks. And your Lilly was pretty hectic. I don't have any friends who use her so it was a new experiance for me to see so many consecqutive moves coming from her. Very hard to predict.

Good fights though. I'll do my best to get better for next time. Good matches.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
Roan
Chocobo

Member 1565

Level 13.78

Mar 2006

Old Dec 13, 2007, 11:23 AM #84 of 86
hey guys Im thinking about getting this game now that I have a stupid ps3 that cant play ps2 games.

Are the controls here the same as of the ps2 at least for the characters hwoarang, jin and steve fox?

Also Ive never purchased anything online before, so am I right to guess that I will use my credit card on the pstore and then a disc be shipped to me? Or will it be a download the full game to the harddrive? Sorry, real noob at ps3 here. If its the latter what happens if I accidebtaly format the harddrive?

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
Slayer X

Member 1205

Level 33.36

Mar 2006

Old Dec 13, 2007, 11:32 AM 1 #85 of 86
If you like Tekken then 5: DR is the way to go. The controls are the same as the original PS2 T5. But like any other arcade update of a game. There are tweaks and sometimes added stages and items. (this would be one of thoes updates) Oh, and the game is now in FULL HD.

As for your mentioned characters. Like I said, the core is the same but everything is tweaked for better balance, mostly for the better.

There are a couple added characters. Lilli, Dragunov, Armour King, Eddy (no longer a costume), and PS3 exclusive play of Jimpachi.

Last of the new content is the new Online mode. Which for a fighting game is pretty darn slick, and runs great for the most part.

As to how the purchasing works. As it is right now you can only use a credit card in NA. The game is then downloaded to your HDD. No you don't get a hardcopy of the game, but fortunately the online purchases work more like the 360 and less like the Wii. Meaning that items are sold to your account, which allows you to redownload them at any time as long as you're using that account when you go to do so. I only say this for there are thoes who believe that the recovery does in fact retrieve your save files which in fact is not true.

Accounts can be recovered from the PSN after formats. But that does not recover any information like game saves or prior HDD content. It just gives you access to your PSN account again. Therefore if you're going to format save game saves and/or other content to a USB drive or something first.

I was speaking idiomatically.
Roan
Chocobo

Member 1565

Level 13.78

Mar 2006

Old Dec 13, 2007, 11:25 PM #86 of 86
thanks slayer x!

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming > [PS3] Tekken: Dark Resurrection (PS3)