Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > Help Desk
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

Problem with network card on laptop (might need recommendation for a new one)

Hush and Cool
Chocobo

Member 1625

Level 14.01

Mar 2006

Old Dec 11, 2008, 05:15 PM Local time: Dec 11, 2008, 03:15 PM #1 of 2
Problem with network card on laptop (might need recommendation for a new one)

Every time I connect to a wireless network on my laptop (regardless of whether it is my own wireless network at home or at school), it will say it is connected and it has a strong signal, but when I initially load up the web browser, it doesn't connect. I have to constantly open and close the web browser and after a couple of minutes, it is finally actually connected.

What is going on? Do I just have a bad network card? What can I do about it? If there is nothing I can do, can you give me a recommendation on which one to get (or brands that are good)?

Also, I have some sort of card slot on the left side of my laptop. If I get a new network card, do I replace the network card that is on the bottom of my laptop or do I just insert the new card into the slot and it will automatically configure it?

Thanks.

Jam it back in, in the dark.
llmercll
Banned

Member 31986

Level 8.89

Oct 2008

Old Dec 11, 2008, 05:24 PM #2 of 2
It could be your browser, have you tried pinging? tht's a good start

start > run > cmd > ping (your ip address)

chances are if you got a new network card it would slide in the slot.

There's nowhere I can't reach.

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > Help Desk > Problem with network card on laptop (might need recommendation for a new one)