Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > General Discussion

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

What are you afraid of that you shouldn't be?

Alice
For Great Justice!

Member 600

Level 38.35

Mar 2006

Old Mar 31, 2006, 11:29 AM #1 of 63
What are you afraid of that you shouldn't be?

The "LeHah is afraid of travel" thread prompted this, but what are you afraid of that you know you shouldn't be? I'm looking for really ridiculous stuff. Stuff that makes you a complete puss, not "Oh I'm afraid of Timber Rattlesnakes," because, you know, that's a very reasonable fear.

For me, I guess it would be fish. I don't know what it is about them, but they scare me. I even have nightmares about fish, for some reason.

Most amazing jew boots
Minion
Retainer

Member 21

Level 28.54

Feb 2006

Old Mar 31, 2006, 11:31 AM #2 of 63
I'm afraid of black people.

There's nowhere I can't reach.
Alice
For Great Justice!

Member 600

Level 38.35

Mar 2006

Old Mar 31, 2006, 11:32 AM #3 of 63
Please be serious, Minion. =/

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
Minion
Retainer

Member 21

Level 28.54

Feb 2006

Old Mar 31, 2006, 11:34 AM #4 of 63
Okay, okay. Actually, I'm afraid of offending people I don't know. Which is why I'm never myself around people until I get used to them and usually I stay quiet in crowds because what won't offend one person is likely to offend another, etc.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
Eleo
Banned

Member 516

Level 36.18

Mar 2006

Old Mar 31, 2006, 12:11 PM #5 of 63
I'm afraid of most bugs. The exceptions are harmless-but-common bugs like ants, and even bees, most of the time. Large crickets, cicadae, beetles, cockroaches, etc scare me pretty well. I don't know what it is, but they are frightening. I've never really understoof this fear, I've looked at them and concluded that in a fight with a roach, I would win. Most of these bugs can't harm me, yet I am terrified of bugs.

I remember I had some kind of cricket or other noise-making bug in my room, somewhere behind the curtains. It stayed there for days, usually silent. Every few hours it would suddenly make a loud clicking noise, twice in a row. Each time I would cringe in fear of it. I was too afraid to actually go and face it; I let it stay there for several days until it flew out. There I was at my computer, and all of a sudden I see a strange shadow against the wall. I didn't even turn around; I just ducked and ran out of the room. I actually had to get my father to go catch the thing in a jar.

Thing probably wasn't even carnivorous.

I was speaking idiomatically.
Minion
Retainer

Member 21

Level 28.54

Feb 2006

Old Mar 31, 2006, 12:24 PM #6 of 63
I actually don't think it's unreasonable to be afraid of bugs. They're diseased and pretty hard to detect/defend against, especially if there is a horde of them.

My girlfriend got sick yesterday because of a spiderbite. At least that's what a doctor told her (she works in a hospital). Bugs are not harmless.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
Alice
For Great Justice!

Member 600

Level 38.35

Mar 2006

Old Mar 31, 2006, 12:32 PM #7 of 63
I don't know, Minion. My daughter is afraid of bugs, too. And I mean to an unreasonable level. She even SEES a bee and she starts running around squealing like a girl. Black Widow spiders are one thing, but our buddy Eleo here just admitted to being afraid of crickets and beetles. That's pretty panty-waistish, if you ask me.

No offense, Eleo - especially coming from someone who's afraid of goldfish for cripes's sake... I'm just sayin'.

FELIPE NO
Minion
Retainer

Member 21

Level 28.54

Feb 2006

Old Mar 31, 2006, 12:35 PM #8 of 63
Beetles are disgusting. I wouldn't be surprised if they could make you sick.

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
I poked it and it made a sad sound
Struttin'

Member 24

Level 51.86

Mar 2006

Old Mar 31, 2006, 12:39 PM #9 of 63
Originally Posted by Minion
Okay, okay. Actually, I'm afraid of offending people I don't know.
But you're certainly not afraid of people you DO know. ^_^

So yea. I am terrified of asking people to do things for me. I always feel bad when I have to call up my mechanic, and I am like "Greeeeeg? I broke ____ on my truck. Can you fiiiiix it?" I KNOW I pay him to do it, but I always feel like I am inconveniencing someone when I ask for help.

I am incredibly claustrophic, and suffer from acrophobia.

I also have a fear of being too close to other people, physically. It's not just UNCOMFORTABLE - it's that I am AFRAID. They get too close, I never know what they're going to do, you know?

Jam it back in, in the dark.
Luxo
Hey! Listen!

Member 2675

Level 22.25

Mar 2006

Old Mar 31, 2006, 12:50 PM Local time: Mar 31, 2006, 11:50 AM #10 of 63
I have a fear for taking important decisions. So I just end up asking for other people's opinions.

Vibrate
WraithTwo
screw attack

Member 239

Level 16.14

Mar 2006

Old Mar 31, 2006, 12:56 PM Local time: Mar 31, 2006, 11:56 AM #11 of 63
Well, its hard for me to say, because I have a LARGE list of fears, but because they are mine, I can rationalize any of them. The only one I can't understand, and the one that has had the worst affect on me, is talking to people.

Recently, I've started to believe that the reason I have so much issues talking to someone is that I'm afraid that I'll annoy them. It doesn't as much apply on message boards, mostly because you can choose to listen or not. Yet, this fear continues to destroy my life, and I can't get past it.

- WraithTwo -

Mucknuggle
Baby shrink

Member 534

Level 37.83

Mar 2006

Old Mar 31, 2006, 01:03 PM #12 of 63
We have a bar next to the stairs in our house. When I shut off all of the lights in the basement and start walking upstairs to my room at night I always get creeped out by the darkness of the bar. I end up sprinting up the stairs. It's weird though, because I'm otherwise not afraid of the dark.

I also really dislike driving over bridges - I'm always thinking about what could happen if there's an accident. Same thing with trains + bridges.

Lastly, I really dislike boats. Wait... does this mean that I'm afraid of large bodies of water?

Vkamicht
Chocobo

Member 431

Level 12.47

Mar 2006

Old Mar 31, 2006, 01:04 PM #13 of 63
I'm afraid of power outages at night. Why? I leave my computer on 24/7, and if it's storming bad outside and the power goes out, the sound my PC makes when it shuts down is horrendous. Sounds like a monster dying.

How ya doing, buddy?
knkwzrd
you know i'm ready to party because my pants have a picture of ice cream cake on them

Member 482

Level 45.24

Mar 2006

Old Mar 31, 2006, 01:08 PM Local time: Mar 31, 2006, 12:08 PM #14 of 63
For me, it's deep water. Doesn't matter if it's a pool or the ocean, over my head is too deep. Not in boats, though. I have no problem with boating.

Most amazing jew boots
Eleo
Banned

Member 516

Level 36.18

Mar 2006

Old Mar 31, 2006, 01:11 PM #15 of 63
Originally Posted by AliceNWondrland
Eleo here just admitted to being afraid of [I]crickets
No offense, Eleo - especially coming from someone who's afraid of goldfish for cripes's sake... I'm just sayin'.
Some crickets get huge. Same with beetles. And their long antennae freak me out.

I mean, of which bugs should I be afraid?

FELIPE NO
Alice
For Great Justice!

Member 600

Level 38.35

Mar 2006

Old Mar 31, 2006, 01:11 PM #16 of 63
Quote:
For me, it's deep water. Doesn't matter if it's a pool or the ocean, over my head is too deep. Not in boats, though. I have no problem with boating.
Can't you swim?

guyinrubbersuit
The Lotus Eater

Member 628

Level 30.15

Mar 2006

Old Mar 31, 2006, 01:12 PM Local time: Mar 31, 2006, 11:12 AM #17 of 63
Originally Posted by Minion
I actually don't think it's unreasonable to be afraid of bugs. They're diseased and pretty hard to detect/defend against, especially if there is a horde of them.

My girlfriend got sick yesterday because of a spiderbite. At least that's what a doctor told her (she works in a hospital). Bugs are not harmless.

Spiders aren't bugs!! They're arachnids! They have eight legs and two body sections! Bugs or incests have three body sections and six legs!

By the way, not all bugs are diseased, they can be carriers, but they aren't all diseased. Spiders all have venom and some have venom enough to harm humans. Maybe not make them die, but enough to make you sick.

Ignorance must be bliss.

The only fear I really have is of structured heights. I really don't like looking down the side of a several story tall building for my imagination takes over and I imagine that the whole building is going to collapse under me. It is not a crippling fear as I'll look over the edge regardless, it just feels like there's a pit in my stomach when I do.

knkwzrd
you know i'm ready to party because my pants have a picture of ice cream cake on them

Member 482

Level 45.24

Mar 2006

Old Mar 31, 2006, 01:15 PM Local time: Mar 31, 2006, 12:15 PM #18 of 63
Originally Posted by AliceNWondrland
Can't you swim?
Well, I'm not exactly a speed swimmer, but I can stay at the top if that's what you mean.

Spatula
Politically Incorrect

Member 617

Level 43.41

Mar 2006

Old Mar 31, 2006, 01:21 PM Local time: Mar 31, 2006, 11:21 AM #19 of 63
Quote:
I always get creeped out by the darkness of the bar. I end up sprinting up the stairs. It's weird though, because I'm otherwise not afraid of the dark.
You're not the only one:

1) I remember my old high school social studies teacher mentioning about how darkness was used as a tool of fear during some wars and such (okay I can’t remember details), but he explicitly mentioned about people just having that ominous urge to get out of the dark whenever possible, especially with the basement of their own houses at nighttime as an example of how darkness is used. This sensation generally happens when an individual is alone in the house creating a sense of loneliness.

2) I’m quite like this sometimes at about 12 AM or later in the night after playing video games and the like. My imagination runs wild and I just want to head to my bed ASAP.

When I was a kid, I used to dread going near those giant ornamental water fountains. I guess its was the loud sound generated by the constant splashing water and the giant arcs of water it spouted out. Of course today I like taking pictures of them and throwing in pennies here and there.

However, I still do get queasy whenever I’m in a multi-level shopping mall and I’m at near the top floor looking over the balcony down. I’m not so much afraid, but I constantly feel my adrenaline pumping up and my mind on focused attention.

- What we all do best -
Mucknuggle
Baby shrink

Member 534

Level 37.83

Mar 2006

Old Mar 31, 2006, 01:33 PM #20 of 63
Ah yes, how could I forget the heights thing. Looking over the edge of any tall structure is quite fear inducing - I can almost feel myself plumetting towards the streets below.

Alice
For Great Justice!

Member 600

Level 38.35

Mar 2006

Old Mar 31, 2006, 01:35 PM #21 of 63
I should also mention that I'm afraid of demonic possession. Really, truly terrified.

I was speaking idiomatically.
khkitty464
Tempermental Artist

Member 4370

Level 1.34

Mar 2006

Old Mar 31, 2006, 01:39 PM #22 of 63
I am afraid of anything that has to do with horror. It can't be normal either. I mean I'm afraid of simple shadows on the wall or the sound of a quick gust of wind. I can't watch any horror films because of it. And yet at the same time I love the trill of being terrified. I must sound extremely weird by now.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
Some say the world will end in fire, Some say in ice....
Arainach
Sensors indicate an Ancient Civilization

Member 1200

Level 26.94

Mar 2006

Old Mar 31, 2006, 01:45 PM #23 of 63
Heights. Totally illogical, but I can't stand the things. Doesn't petrify me, but it can make me queasy. I remember going up in the CN tower and walking out on their glass floor (Imagine looking straight down 1300 or so feet, however high it was). Not particularly in a mood to do that again.

FELIPE NO
Spatula
Politically Incorrect

Member 617

Level 43.41

Mar 2006

Old Mar 31, 2006, 01:50 PM Local time: Mar 31, 2006, 11:50 AM #24 of 63
Speaking of horror, I really can't stand horror movies. Even a simple movie like RINGU made me stop at the 1 hour mark, so I never saw Sadako crawl out of the TV. ;_;

Maybe that's a good thing.

- What we all do best -
Minion
Retainer

Member 21

Level 28.54

Feb 2006

Old Mar 31, 2006, 01:52 PM #25 of 63
Originally Posted by guyinrubbersuit
Ignorance must be bliss.
Sure is! How's being a tedious queer working out for you?

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > General Discussion > What are you afraid of that you shouldn't be?