Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > General Discussion
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

Outrage Over "Nigger Brown" Couch

Gumby
DANGEROUS WHEN WET

Member 1389

Level 22.25

Mar 2006

Old Apr 20, 2007, 11:42 AM Local time: Apr 20, 2007, 06:42 PM #26 of 123
What color of brown is nigger brown anyway? Negroes come in lots of colors!

There's nowhere I can't reach.

"In a somewhat related statement. Hugging fat people is soft and comfy. <3" - Jan
"Jesus, Gumby. You just...came up with that off the top of your head?" - Alice
Winter Storm
Distant Memories

Member 2209

Level 27.54

Mar 2006

Old Apr 20, 2007, 11:43 AM #27 of 123
THERES GONNA BE SHOOTINGS.
Sure... black on black crime is "funny" and makes no sense. But we don't have a bunch of Timothy Mcvaighs now do we?

And dammit OO, I'm going to watch that movie now.

Quote:
Jesse Jackson less so, but I never respected Al Sharpton. He's probably the biggest idiot of the two.
AL Sharpton is the epitome of poserism... Jesse Jackson just tries too hard to be the next MLK.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.

Last edited by Winter Storm; Apr 20, 2007 at 11:46 AM.
Matt
I gotta get my hand on those dragonballz!1

Member 923

Level 24.97

Mar 2006

Old Apr 20, 2007, 11:57 AM #28 of 123
I've never got why people get so offended over a fucking WORD anyway. You don't see the Jews bitching every time I say "holocaust".
But what if a Jewish family bought an ash gray couch labeled "holocaust ash"?
Oh shit.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
Sin Ansem
Miyamoto digs Negi Springfield

Member 1148

Level 21.64

Mar 2006

Old Apr 20, 2007, 04:23 PM #29 of 123
^Then everyone's screwed of course!

Not everyone/thing that says prints "nigger" is out to demean black people, but keep in mind that word took about 200 years or more to downgrade from "ultimate insult" to just "nasty insult".

I was speaking idiomatically.
whinehurst
It's a Psudonym.

Member 9766

Level 14.57

Jul 2006

Old Apr 20, 2007, 04:24 PM #30 of 123
couch people just need to apologize

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
Digital_Divider
because bastard operators from hell get all the ladies.

Member 8324

Level 6.27

Jun 2006

Old Apr 20, 2007, 11:04 PM #31 of 123
I have to agree with Klaus. Lord knows if the couch was cracker white, every lame-ass comedian from here to the ends of the earth would be using it for fuel in the equally lame-ass comedy shtick. Double standard much?

It's just a fucking word, and what's more an error that was caused due to translation issues. Oh noes the word nigger was used by accident and I'm black! Time for the lawsuit.

FELIPE NO
I am myself. You can't change me. I am who I am.
Paco
????

Member 175

Level 58.82

Mar 2006

Old Apr 20, 2007, 11:20 PM Local time: Apr 20, 2007, 09:20 PM #32 of 123
But what if a Jewish family bought an ash gray couch labeled "holocaust ash"?
Holocaust-Ash SILVER. You gotta add the "silver" to it. Otherwise people are gonna think they're buying some collapsing gag couch or some shit.

Most amazing jew boots
SouthJag
Gold Chocobo

Member 1189

Level 30.45

Mar 2006

Old Apr 21, 2007, 12:33 AM Local time: Apr 21, 2007, 12:33 AM #33 of 123
So this lady's actually gonna sue the company over a word? Hahaha sweet. I hope she wins so it'll teach those little Chinese kids to learn to read!

I made fun of child labor. I'm a bad person.

Jam it back in, in the dark.

Reading --
Bleach, Claymore, Chun Rhang Yhur Jhun, NOW,
Zero: Beginning of the Coffin, Black God,
Twelve Kingdoms (novels), History's Strongest Disciple Kenichi
Watching --
Bleach
Playing --
Fable II, Valkyria Chronicles, Guitar Hero: World Tour,
Star Ocean: First Departure, LittleBigPlanet,
MegaMan 9, Mirror's Edge
Spike
Good Chocobo

Member 642

Level 17.36

Mar 2006

Old Apr 21, 2007, 01:06 AM Local time: Apr 20, 2007, 11:06 PM #34 of 123
I have to agree with Klaus. Lord knows if the couch was cracker white, every lame-ass comedian from here to the ends of the earth would be using it for fuel in the equally lame-ass comedy shtick. Double standard much?

It's just a fucking word, and what's more an error that was caused due to translation issues. Oh noes the word nigger was used by accident and I'm black! Time for the lawsuit.
I agree that the woman is wrong for suing, especially since it was a friggin accident, but I don't agree with "it's just a word."

It's not like words have meaning, right? Words have no meaning at all!! Hmm www.dictionary.com

lord-of-shadow
Never pet a burning dog.

Member 38

Level 16.30

Mar 2006

Old Apr 21, 2007, 01:13 AM #35 of 123
Yes, the word has meaning and has the mild potential to traumatize an entire family. Maybe. But to get offended over an obvious mistake that was explained reasonably and satisfactory to the point that they need to sue and make a scene of themselves is ridiculous. The only person at fault here is this mother.

Leknaat
Evil

Member 137

Level 34.72

Mar 2006

Old Apr 21, 2007, 01:15 AM #36 of 123
I think it's pretty funny.

Why do I think it's pretty funny? BECAUSE IT WAS OBVIOUSLY A MISTAKE.

Jesus Christ. Stop wasting time on being SO OFFENDED by a Chinese couch color which was lost in translation. Why not spend more energy on doing something productive instead of trying to play up your 15 minutes of fame and lawsuits.
I agree. It's not as though someone said--"Hey, a black person's ordering this. Let's send this one to her."

It was a mistake. And HOW anal is it for people not to want to sit on the couch?

Okay, I just read the rest of the article. The woman wants the people responsible to "own up" to the mistake. THEY ALREADY DID! The software company said--"That's our fault. We apologize. It is regrettable."

So now she wants money that could come 6 months to two years from now? Sheesh!

Last edited by Leknaat; Apr 21, 2007 at 01:19 AM.
brknredcrayon
meh..

Member 4079

Level 7.53

Mar 2006

Old Apr 21, 2007, 01:50 AM #37 of 123

Here's the couch. Actually, it kinda is the right color.

I was speaking idiomatically.
Will
Good Chocobo

Member 4221

Level 18.81

Mar 2006

Old Apr 21, 2007, 02:38 AM #38 of 123
"Nigger brown couch" is the funniest thing I've read in a while. Racism is hilarious, especially when it's not racism.

Render
River Chocobo

Member 4283

Level 25.60

Mar 2006

Old Apr 21, 2007, 02:44 AM Local time: Apr 21, 2007, 12:44 AM #39 of 123
Here's the couch. Actually, it kinda is the right color.
Actually, if it were "nigger-brown" then she ain't a nigger.

How ya doing, buddy?
Spike
Good Chocobo

Member 642

Level 17.36

Mar 2006

Old Apr 21, 2007, 02:52 AM Local time: Apr 21, 2007, 12:52 AM #40 of 123
Nice camera work. Good composition skills.

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
Thabass
Fat Guy Little Coat

Member 394

Level 7.83

Mar 2006

Old Apr 21, 2007, 06:56 AM #41 of 123
I dunno, if I bought a couch and it was called "cracker white", I would be on the floor laughing.

Most amazing jew boots
Such a Lust for Revenge!
Where's Kostaki!?

Member 9287

Level 40.98

Jul 2006

Old Apr 21, 2007, 07:05 AM Local time: Apr 21, 2007, 06:05 AM #42 of 123
What's wrong with her eyes? That's the real issue here.

Sonic 3
Carob Nut

Member 4474

Level 6.19

Apr 2006

Old Apr 21, 2007, 08:32 AM Local time: Apr 21, 2007, 02:32 PM #43 of 123
Hmm. Do I type a furious reply and say how many people here don't seem to 'get' racism? Like how they think theres really nothing wrong with the word nigger, it's just a word, a damn word that black people been plugging for years anyway, damn coons they use it themselves? (even though the spelling is with an a) How people seem to think that every (although some do admitedly) black person who gets offended is just looking for attention and 'overreacting' just 'over a silly little word that school kids and thugs use in the playground'? How if the story was about a woman getting money over the use of the word bitch, they'd be more sympathetic? How people need to stop relying on the media and (lol) start thinking for themselves? How we can all make the world a better place, by Recycling? How only they can prevent forest fires? How to do the level select for Sonic 1?

Or, do I sit back and laugh at the description as 'nigger brown couch'? Lol!

Honestly, I'd just settle for an apology from the couch company, and that they didn't do it again. I doubt I'd try to sue over it. Seems like a dumb mistake from the chinese carpet company that they're going to rectify anyways.

Unfortunely, the word cracker is never going to mean as much to white people, as the word nigger does to black people. It's not just the word it's the history blah blah blah. You all KNOW. Just as if the couch was labled as 'Every Nazi's dream!', the word Nazi would just be enough for Jewish people to get angry.

But if I knew an asian person who was offended by the word 'paki' and he thought he could get money, and he was willing to share with me, I'd say GO FOR IT!

siyeclover
Two leaves clover

Member 1532

Level 2.62

Mar 2006

Old Apr 21, 2007, 11:11 AM Local time: Apr 22, 2007, 12:11 AM #44 of 123
Maybe it's Niger-Brown, the Chinese-to-English dictionary is so stupid.

Last edited by siyeclover; Apr 21, 2007 at 11:13 AM.
whinehurst
It's a Psudonym.

Member 9766

Level 14.57

Jul 2006

Old Apr 21, 2007, 11:47 AM #45 of 123
Whoa, whoa, whoa, whoa...whoa. Hold the phone. Just noticed something here. Is this chick Canadian? Cause, the story's from Toronto. Now, I'm no expert, but the Canadians didn't have slaves. So, like, that whole, "Nigger" issue, I'm thinking, you know, since it's really from the American South, can it really be a big deal for a Canadian black person? Does it have the same connotations? Do English black people, like black people in Britain, get offended by the word "Nigger"? Really?

Also, Sonic 3, it's up-down-left-right, up-down-left-right till you hear the "ding', then you do A+C (i think it's A+C, might be all three...)

Most amazing jew boots
Zio
I'm so cool, I got my own castle.

Member 456

Level 19.69

Mar 2006

Old Apr 21, 2007, 12:28 PM Local time: Apr 21, 2007, 12:28 PM #46 of 123
I think it's pretty funny.

Why do I think it's pretty funny? BECAUSE IT WAS OBVIOUSLY A MISTAKE.

Jesus Christ. Stop wasting time on being SO OFFENDED by a Chinese couch color which was lost in translation. Why not spend more energy on doing something productive instead of trying to play up your 15 minutes of fame and lawsuits.
Yes, that is true but why not sue? Why not do so much and not only waste money but pump the economy? She sues, she wins, her lawyer gets paid and then the company has to raise prices cause they lost the lawsuit!

It's a win win. LOL.

Either way, the subject is funny to me. It might be racist, funny. It's just cause the asians are like *Scratches the back of his head* Nigger is our way of saying it's a black/brown couch!

Maybe she should have bought a couch from america, LOL!

Oh and about the jew thing, I've seen many people throw around 'that's jewish' regardless if they are jews or not so it's become one of those words no one cares about especially on the net.

And lol @ the jew couch joke.

Originally Posted by Zio
Heh, heh, heh. Now, now. That's the expression I want to see! A face filled with pain and anguish, begging fearfully for help, a face quivering with anger! Go, on! Get angry! Suffer! Be sad! That would truly be the ultimate offering to me and my great god!
Free.User
See You, Space Cowboy

Member 62

Level 32.80

Mar 2006

Old Apr 21, 2007, 01:01 PM Local time: Apr 21, 2007, 10:01 AM #47 of 123
Now, I'm no expert, but the Canadians didn't have slaves. So, like, that whole, "Nigger" issue, I'm thinking, you know, since it's really from the American South, can it really be a big deal for a Canadian black person? Does it have the same connotations? Do English black people, like black people in Britain, get offended by the word "Nigger"? Really?
There were no black slaves in Canada (as far as I know), but there certainly was black oppression. Black people were discriminated to a level that would give "nigger" the same connotations.

Now I know it's easy for me to speak out of my cracker-white mouth, but I think black people are pushing themselves back a few years each time someone becomes (willingly or not is irrelevant) offended by the racial slur. Obviously, the world has changed, and we know that what we had done in the past was wrong. There are a few people who still think that black people were born to pick cotton, but there are also people who thing it's their duty to massacre 32 people in a University. I realize that blacks have a much darker history than whites, but every time a black person connotates "nigger" with "worthless big-lipped slave" is doing their race a disservice. They should be pushing themselves to a point where nigger is taken the same way cracker would be, not using it as an excuse to get money, press, etc etc. (Yes, I know some get genuinely offended, but this is where they need be strong and push themselves ahead).

It's kind of like gays. I have no problem with gays, but every time they have their Gay-Pride parades, It goes against the idea that they are just like you and I. If we want everyone to be equal, we can't have these minority/ethnic groups sticking themselves out like a sore thumb.

Spoiler:
Well, If you're a negro, it doesn't help that your nigger-brown.

FELIPE NO

Mario Kart DS: 498293-921939____
Star Fox Command: 155-576-696-451____
Metroid Prime Hunters: 4854-1233-4943____
Final Fantasy III: 506891214495____
Xfire: freuser____
Steam: Free.User
____
YO PITTSBURGH MIKE HERE

no

Member 74

Level 51.30

Mar 2006

Old Apr 21, 2007, 01:36 PM Local time: Apr 21, 2007, 10:36 AM #48 of 123
Unfortunely, the word cracker is never going to mean as much to white people, as the word nigger does to black people. It's not just the word it's the history blah blah blah. You all KNOW. Just as if the couch was labled as 'Every Nazi's dream!', the word Nazi would just be enough for Jewish people to get angry.
No. It wouldn't. Can we please stop all of these generalizations of an entire race's reaction to racist situations? Way to perpetuate the racial divide.

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
LordsSword
Banned

Member 18063

Level 13.72

Jan 2007

Old Apr 21, 2007, 01:38 PM Local time: Apr 21, 2007, 12:38 PM #49 of 123
I'm black and I get a chuckle out of it. I suppose they could take it the wrong way and if so they could always send it back.

Jam it back in, in the dark.
Little Shithead
prettiest miku

Member 90

Level 33.52

Mar 2006

Old Apr 21, 2007, 01:58 PM 1 #50 of 123
Hmm. Do I type a furious reply and say how many people here don't seem to 'get' racism? Like how they think theres really nothing wrong with the word nigger, it's just a word, a damn word that black people been plugging for years anyway, damn coons they use it themselves? (even though the spelling is with an a) How people seem to think that every (although some do admitedly) black person who gets offended is just looking for attention and 'overreacting' just 'over a silly little word that school kids and thugs use in the playground'? How if the story was about a woman getting money over the use of the word bitch, they'd be more sympathetic? How people need to stop relying on the media and (lol) start thinking for themselves? How we can all make the world a better place, by Recycling? How only they can prevent forest fires? How to do the level select for Sonic 1?

Or, do I sit back and laugh at the description as 'nigger brown couch'? Lol!

Honestly, I'd just settle for an apology from the couch company, and that they didn't do it again. I doubt I'd try to sue over it. Seems like a dumb mistake from the chinese carpet company that they're going to rectify anyways.

But if I knew an asian person who was offended by the word 'paki' and he thought he could get money, and he was willing to share with me, I'd say GO FOR IT!
Whoa, whoa, whoa, whoa...whoa. Hold the phone. Just noticed something here. Is this chick Canadian? Cause, the story's from Toronto. Now, I'm no expert, but the Canadians didn't have slaves. So, like, that whole, "Nigger" issue, I'm thinking, you know, since it's really from the American South, can it really be a big deal for a Canadian black person? Does it have the same connotations? Do English black people, like black people in Britain, get offended by the word "Nigger"? Really?

Also, Sonic 3, it's up-down-left-right, up-down-left-right till you hear the "ding', then you do A+C (i think it's A+C, might be all three...)

Wow, dumb people are motherfucking duuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu uuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuumb.

You should learn how racism works and why it's such a touchy issue.

Last edited by Little Shithead; Apr 21, 2007 at 02:00 PM. Reason: in before deletion

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > General Discussion > Outrage Over "Nigger Brown" Couch