Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > General Discussion

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

Languages you want study

JackyBoy
A Cinnamon Role?

Member 2219

Level 13.14

Mar 2006

Old Mar 7, 2006, 02:48 PM #26 of 145
I am not big on asian languages myself. I find they sound rather annoying. I would like to speak several European languages though such as Russian, Italian, and French. I may eventually take some Russian language courses while I'm at university.

There's nowhere I can't reach.

You're staring at me like I just asked you what the fucking square root of something.
Acro-nym
Holy Chocobo

Member 635

Level 32.46

Mar 2006

Old Mar 7, 2006, 02:50 PM #27 of 145
I've been studying Latin for two years, currently enrolled in a Latin III course. I'm quite fond of the language, as evidenced by my recent signature (to return at a later date). In the future, I'd like to study Russian, but no not how I will accomplish this as of yet.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
Rydia
ambitious

Member 22

Level 30.86

Feb 2006

Old Mar 7, 2006, 03:19 PM Local time: Mar 7, 2006, 12:19 PM #28 of 145
German and Japanese are two I wouldn't mind studying. I have a hard time with Korean, and although I'm already bilingual, I think learning a fourth language (along with Spanish) could be interesting.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
Peter
Wonderful Chocobo

Member 50

Level 21.86

Mar 2006

Old Mar 7, 2006, 03:53 PM Local time: Mar 7, 2006, 10:53 PM #29 of 145
Comcrimson, dutch is pretty hard for foreigners to learn, since it contains tons of exceptions and some rules that really don't make any sense. German's much easier, since it's a lot more logical, and once you get the whole dativ/genetiv shit you're good to go. Maybe I'm just biased towards it though, since it resembles my local dialect a lot.

I've learned (English and French) or am learning (Japanese) most of the languages I want to learn, except for Korean. It's an optional language in my third year of Japanese, and it's one of the main reasons why I started these studies in the first place.

How ya doing, buddy?
Gr|M
Maestro

Member 2175

Level 13.58

Mar 2006

Old Mar 7, 2006, 04:44 PM Local time: Mar 7, 2006, 03:44 PM #30 of 145
I've been taking spanish since i was in 7th grade...sophomore in college now...and think I'll stick with it but I know a little mandarin I really want to learn more Mandarin or Japanese. and I know a tiny bit of Russian.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
Hachifusa
Pre-defined Avatar~

Member 121

Level 17.12

Mar 2006

Old Mar 7, 2006, 04:52 PM Local time: Mar 7, 2006, 02:52 PM #31 of 145
I'm learning Japanese currently, and I've studied Spanish and French in school, two and three years respectively. I also 'studied' Hebrew, but I didn't realize that until later.

I would really like to take on Latin someday, but at this point, I just kind of want to perfect what languages I've already begun.

Originally Posted by eriol
I wonder how to study hebrew language... it's just too damn hard, yet very2 interesting.
It's actually quite simple. The writing system isn't too difficult, and the language is basic enough to grasp. And there are not a lot of sounds that are difficult to pull off for the native English speaker.

FELIPE NO
Acro-nym
Holy Chocobo

Member 635

Level 32.46

Mar 2006

Old Mar 7, 2006, 06:29 PM #32 of 145
Originally Posted by Rydia
German and Japanese are two I wouldn't mind studying. I have a hard time with Korean, and although I'm already bilingual, I think learning a fourth language (along with Spanish) could be interesting.
Not to sound picky, but do mean trilingual? If not, I'm really confused.

Most amazing jew boots
Mr. Danielsard
Starting this Summer ^)^

Member 581

Level 6.34

Mar 2006

Old Mar 7, 2006, 06:47 PM #33 of 145
Smile

The Languages that i would like to learn include German, Japanese, Mandarin Chinese, and russian:juggler:

Jam it back in, in the dark.
Dekoa
Is now the Tolkein Red Shirt.

Member 194

Level 28.24

Mar 2006

Old Mar 7, 2006, 06:49 PM #34 of 145
I tried spanish at one point and I really didn't like it. No offense but I really just don't want to learn a language that is taking over my current country. You don't see me living in Norway and speaking Japanese do you?

I have two languages when I think on this subject. The first would have to be Japanese since I want to learn how to communicate with our tech buddies accross the see and perhaps live over there someday. I would also like to learn Norwegiann because it may be my Heritigal (is that even a word?) right. My dad's side is majorly Norwegian. My fav dish from their side so far is Lefsa. mmmmm....
Yeah definetely those two.

Dekoa's Friend Quote: "You can't rape the Willing!"

Mucknuggle
Baby shrink

Member 534

Level 37.83

Mar 2006

Old Mar 7, 2006, 06:50 PM #35 of 145
I'd like to take some more French classes in order to improve my French. Being from Quebec I'm quite embarassed by my level of French. I am anglophone, but still . . .

I'd also like to learn Spanish and Japanese. I doubt that I'll ever learn either of them, but I am currently working on improving my French.

Gechmir
Did you see anything last night?

Member 629

Level 46.64

Mar 2006

Old Mar 7, 2006, 06:52 PM Local time: Mar 7, 2006, 06:52 PM #36 of 145
I'm already rather skilled in Spanish (at least in this region of Texas. Regional language twists and such...), I want to learn more German, Japanese, and wanna try my hand at Russian someday. I've got an ear for language, so if I ever get the chance to learn them, I will. But I'd prefer not to do the whole self-teach method, ie: listening to tapes and crap.

Hey, maybe you should try that thing Chie was talking about.

Pill
Everything I do is a balloon

Member 2127

Level 3.93

Mar 2006

Old Mar 7, 2006, 07:28 PM Local time: Mar 7, 2006, 05:28 PM #37 of 145
I'm currently learning Mandarin and French. Other languages that I would like to study would be GERMAN (top of the list!!!!) and RUSSIAN. After that, maybe Italian. I don't have a real interest in Spanish, it would be tremendously useful, but I don't think I would like to learn it.

I was speaking idiomatically.
eriol33
nunally vi brittania commands you...

Member 1131

Level 41.71

Mar 2006

Old Mar 7, 2006, 08:36 PM Local time: Mar 8, 2006, 08:36 AM #38 of 145
Originally Posted by Snowknight
Latina melior quam tu est =o

Having studied Latin for about three years now (at school and on my own), I'd like to continue studying it, for one. Other than that, I'd like to study German one day (considering my heritage or somesuch) and French. (The latter mainly because it sounds hard. At least, it does to me.) Of course, that's what I come up with at this moment; I tend to desire to want to learn languages sporadically >_>
Btw I heard that studying Latin is really exhausting. What do you do to improve you grammar? reading the latin bible? I tried studying latin independently through wikipedia, but all I got is frustation x-x.

In my opinion, study german first before french, it will make things easier (well for me at least).

hmm I guess majority of people here would choose chinese mandarin, japanese, korean, german and french. oh yeah, does anyone have interest to study hungarian language? I heard that language is extermely complicated, it has around 35 grammar cases or more.

grodiens
Pango

Member 620

Level 10.03

Mar 2006

Old Mar 7, 2006, 08:47 PM Local time: Mar 8, 2006, 01:47 AM #39 of 145
I live in Germany since three years and it was TERRIBLE to learn germany.
I want to lear english,french and spanish. Especially english that is so important.

FELIPE NO
Snowknight
may carry parasites

Member 165

Level 22.05

Mar 2006

Old Mar 7, 2006, 08:48 PM #40 of 145
Originally Posted by eriol
Btw I heard that studying Latin is really exhausting. What do you do to improve you grammar? reading the latin bible? I tried studying latin independently through wikipedia, but all I got is frustation x-x.
Grammar isn't so much the issue at times as it is vocabulary. Wikipedia/Wikibooks don't do--or didn't a few months ago--a good job of teaching certain things, in my opinion: they seem to be written for those who have already studied a romance language before.

Latin grammar has always made sense to me; it's always been so logical. The issue in studying it comes in certain portions of the language's grammar: things like the Latin subjunctive take a bit of work to get learned. (There's a good deal more to the subjunctive in Latin than in English.)
If you need something to read and want to learn Latin, Wheelock's Latin is an excellent book for that sort of thing. For some, the language in it is a bit confusing, so a simpler book might be better. (Any good book should have macrons (long marks, in other words) for pronunciation's sake.)

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?

Last edited by Snowknight; Mar 7, 2006 at 08:50 PM.
Radical
With a Twist of Lemon

Member 709

Level 13.94

Mar 2006

Old Mar 7, 2006, 08:51 PM #41 of 145
I'm planning on learning Russian and Japanese in the near future, as well as continuing to learn German. Language is my favorite subject in school, so I'm going to be taking as many language classes as possible next year.

Jam it back in, in the dark.
Jiraiya
Out Of The Blue

Member 486

Level 10.08

Mar 2006

Old Mar 7, 2006, 08:54 PM #42 of 145
Id really like to learn the languages of my family, namely Italian and German. A lot of my relatives still live in both of those countries and I plan to visit them someday and Id like to speak there native tounge.

Dyesan
hey YOU!

Member 1790

Level 17.02

Mar 2006

Old Mar 7, 2006, 09:00 PM #43 of 145
Been "studying" Cantonese-Mandarin for the good part of my life, did Spanish since 5th grade, currently self studying Japanese. I want to learn Arabic, and also Goa'uld.

MysteryRidah
The Abandonware Master

Member 1668

Level 7.28

Mar 2006

Old Mar 7, 2006, 09:05 PM Local time: Mar 7, 2006, 06:05 PM #44 of 145
Its not that i want to learn new languages, i would like to - Speak in tongues and hear and understand those who speak different tongues - $till LegendaryU2K

I pray about it, but dont think it would happen, dont matter how righteous i become.

Fire Fox

Member 2185

Level 3.83

Mar 2006

Old Mar 7, 2006, 09:11 PM Local time: Mar 8, 2006, 10:11 AM #45 of 145
For me, Shanghai is getting better and better. So, learning Shanghai's dialect might be useful, so if I ever get a chance to learn another language, I'll choose Shanghai dialect. Or Chinese with real Chinese accent which I don't have currently.

I was speaking idiomatically.
Single Elbow
You have no dignity.

Member 707

Level 34.01

Mar 2006

Old Mar 7, 2006, 09:47 PM Local time: Mar 7, 2006, 07:47 PM #46 of 145
Latin, French, German, Russian, Italian.

And some more I forgot to mention.

Lost_solitude
stop stealing my "me time"

Member 2164

Level 13.85

Mar 2006

Old Mar 7, 2006, 10:17 PM Local time: Mar 7, 2006, 05:17 PM #47 of 145
First I am going to learn spanish. It is pathetic that I am full blooded Boricua and I can't even speak conversational spanish. This summer I am taking classes to learn spanish since I was stupid enough to not take it for highschool. Next I would say Japanese. Not tomany People I know closly(my family mostly) are as interested in there pop culture as I am. I am not exactly a fanatic but I still think heck why not.

FELIPE NO
Safer Serge
preparing myself to take over the world

Member 800

Level 3.62

Mar 2006

Old Mar 7, 2006, 11:24 PM Local time: Mar 8, 2006, 01:24 AM #48 of 145
I already speak English fluently, so my next step is learning Italian and Japanese. Perhaps (why not?), I'll try and learn also the Black Speech of Mordor :biggrin:

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
Synthesis
Southern Cross

Member 257

Level 25.84

Mar 2006

Old Mar 7, 2006, 11:29 PM Local time: Mar 7, 2006, 10:29 PM #49 of 145
I'm hoping to take on Japanese full-time in addition to my other major once I transfer college's.

How ya doing, buddy?
Nahual
k'iskallawankitaj mamaykipis riman

Member 1931

Level 23.32

Mar 2006

Old Mar 7, 2006, 11:53 PM #50 of 145
First and foremost that language called Spanish(or Castellano to my Bolivian family). Because I am Mexican and Bolivian. I should speak it fluently! I understand it better...

I'm currently learning French in highschool. I want to continue with that as well. I also want to learn Portuguese and Italian.

I would really like to learn German. I know how to say a couple of things. I think that Germany is a beautiful place and I'm going there this summer for 2 weeks! Woot woot.

I want to learn Japanese before my death. For the anime/mango shows.

Then if I ever get those down. I'd like to learn Aymara and Quechua. So I can understand those little cholas down in Bolivia. With their dresses and their long braids, in their groups.

Quiero ayudar a todos que viven en el mundo...pero empiezo contigo.

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > General Discussion > Languages you want study