Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Music and Trading > Behind the Music
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

Put All Audio Questions Here

Kairyu
Holy Chocobo

Member 107

Level 33.47

Mar 2006

Old Mar 5, 2006, 10:46 PM Local time: Mar 5, 2006, 05:46 PM #1 of 252
Originally Posted by www.sega.co.jp
Q#1: I got a pair of Koss KSC75 headphones after my Sony MDR-Q55SL phones crapped out. They have good bass, but the treble is muted (meaning it's there but it doesn't sound loud). I can use the equalizer and bass/treble settings on Windows, but with my Sony D-NE710 there is no such setting. Is there any cheap ($15 or less) device that I can get that will boost the treble of my CD/Mp3 player?
Ok the first part of your question confuses me.
Is it your crapped out Sony MDR-Q55SL or the Koss KSC75 earphone that's giving you sound problems?

Another thing, is the earphone doing this with any source its plugged into? Or only on your computer?

If its just the computer try going to: START > Control Panel > Sounds and Audio Devices > under 'volume' tab click 'advance' next to 'speaker settings' > under the 'speaker' tab use the drop-down list and select 'stereo headphones.' and hit ok.

That should fix the problem!

As for boosting treble with a external device, I can't help you there though I'm sure someone else will.

Most amazing jew boots
Kairyu
Holy Chocobo

Member 107

Level 33.47

Mar 2006

Old Mar 5, 2006, 11:06 PM Local time: Mar 5, 2006, 06:06 PM #2 of 252
Hmm well it does appear to have a 60 ohm impedance.. But that's not enough to really make the earphone sound "quiet" in general while unamped.
Personally, it sounds to me like you bought a bad pair. Take them back and get it replaced if you can. I know they're not bad, infact they're very good for their price .

How ya doing, buddy?
Kairyu
Holy Chocobo

Member 107

Level 33.47

Mar 2006

Old Mar 6, 2006, 12:05 AM Local time: Mar 5, 2006, 07:05 PM #3 of 252
Ohh, I see. Then its more 'preference of sound' than a actual problem with the earphone. You made the problem sound like you could only hear the bass coming out of the earphone =p.

Well yes, the treble is a little weak. But what can you expect for a 15 dollar earphone? Technically the busted sony earphones might've sounded better to you with its louder sound (that had a 24 ohm impedance btw, which can be enough to affect the response of the sound.)

Anyway, the only thing you can do is turn up the volume (which I wouldn't recommend) or get a better earphone. There is also getting a portable amp but it would be silly to buy a 30 to 100 dollar amp for a 15 dollar earphone.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
Kairyu
Holy Chocobo

Member 107

Level 33.47

Mar 2006

Old Mar 17, 2006, 01:07 PM Local time: Mar 17, 2006, 08:07 AM #4 of 252
Originally Posted by Blue_Kirby2
I've heard tips that if you open up an NSF or GBS file in Sony Sound Forge, that you can edit them from there. Just highlight a part of the track, use CTRL+X, and then open a new window and paste it there. You should have two files - one being the original NSF without one of the tracks, and the other file being what you cut and pasted.

Of course, you'd have to do this for every track in the NSF or GBS. However, I haven't tried this out myself yet, but I got this information from Kairyu.
You forgot the first part of the instruction; which is to first convert the NSF or GBS file into a wav file. Most of the time I use winamp to accomplish this. After that you should be able to open the file in Sony Sound Forge.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
Kairyu
Holy Chocobo

Member 107

Level 33.47

Mar 2006

Old Mar 17, 2006, 02:26 PM Local time: Mar 17, 2006, 09:26 AM #5 of 252
Originally Posted by Lady Miyomi
So, does it make one big wav file or does it know to separate the files?
Running it through winamp's diskwriter will make the NSF/GBS file into one big wav file. So I've been spliting the tracks the way Blue_Kirby2 mentioned. I suppose there is a faster way of doing this but my way does work =).

I was speaking idiomatically.

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Music and Trading > Behind the Music > Put All Audio Questions Here