Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Music and Trading > Behind the Music

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

How to play .mrl files?

eriol33
nunally vi brittania commands you...

Member 1131

Level 41.71

Mar 2006

Old Jun 28, 2006, 11:54 AM Local time: Jun 28, 2006, 11:54 PM #1 of 6
How to play .mrl files?

Today I'm looking for some Wizardry VGM doujinshi in the japanese webpages, and eventually I stuck in this site, this is some kind of OCRemix community seemingly, but the protocol of the music is different.

http://players.music-eclub.com/?acti...&song_id=40538

if you push the You will get a strange file with .mrl extension. I only could assume this file is similar to .asx, but winamp couldnt play it.

I have opened the file with wordpad, and actually it displays this informtion:

<MRML version="1.0">
<SITE src="http://players.music-eclub.com/play_channel_list.php"
title="プレイヤーズ王国"
home="http://players.music-eclub.com/"
search="http://players.music-eclub.com/play_site_search.php">
< CHANNEL title="作品再生">
<BASE src="http://players.music-eclub.com/">

<CLIP src="play_file.php?sid=40538"
title="Wizardry ダイヤモンドの騎士オープニングテーマ"
performer="藤原光成"
iprights=""
text="コピー曲(ダイヤモンドの騎士オープニングテーマ / 羽田 健太郎)"
id="40538"
/>

</BASE>
</CHANNEL>
</SITE>
</MRML>

Could someone help me? how to play or just to stream this music?

Jam it back in, in the dark.
You all think you got good deals, huh? Ha! You frugal and observant shoppers have more to learn.

None of that approaches this:
*censored for sake of signature size*
The Mr. Methane CD, purchased over ebay for .01¢. Yeah, free shipping. This guy performs all sorts of neat stuff, including the doot doot, doot doot from the Blue Danube.

Allow me to share a track from this CD. Here ya go.
I think he should have paid you .01¢ instead.
Episteme
Larry Oji, Super Moderator, Judge, "Dirge for the Follin" Project Director, VG Frequency Creator

Member 10925

Level 1.02

Aug 2006

Old Aug 10, 2006, 10:42 AM Local time: Aug 11, 2006, 12:42 AM #2 of 6
Use Internet Explorer and you will be guided to download the player plugin.

There's nowhere I can't reach.
eriol33

Member 1131

Level 41.71

Mar 2006

Old Aug 10, 2006, 10:48 AM Local time: Aug 10, 2006, 10:48 PM #3 of 6
wow, thanks for the clue. is there any plugin for firefox? the page doesnt bring me anywhere, I'm still confused.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
You all think you got good deals, huh? Ha! You frugal and observant shoppers have more to learn.

The Mr. Methane CD, purchased over ebay for .01¢. Yeah, free shipping. This guy performs all sorts of neat stuff, including the doot doot, doot doot from the Blue Danube.

ORLY
YA RLY

Member 8978

Level 7.21

Jun 2006

Old Aug 10, 2006, 01:20 PM #4 of 6
Apparently MRL stands for Media Resource Loacator. The media player Xine uses them, and is probably the only media player that can read them. To quote the xine man page (man pages are a linux thing)
"MRLs are similar to URLs in your web browser. They describe the media to read from. valid MRLs may be plain file names or one of the following: file://<path> fifo://<path> stdin://mpeg1 or stdin://mpeg2 dvd://VTS_xx_y.VOB vcd://<track number> tcp://<host>:<port> rtp://<host>:<port> udp://<host>:<port>"

There is a xine mozilla plugin, but I've never used xine before, so I'm not really sure how to use it.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
Episteme
Larry Oji, Super Moderator, Judge, "Dirge for the Follin" Project Director, VG Frequency Creator

Member 10925

Level 1.02

Aug 2006

Old Aug 16, 2006, 06:10 AM Local time: Aug 16, 2006, 08:10 PM #5 of 6
Originally Posted by eriol33
wow, thanks for the clue. is there any plugin for firefox? the page doesnt bring me anywhere, I'm still confused.
It is in fact combo of an ActiveX plugin and an external player;
the player can be launched from Firefox too.
Try downloading and installing the player below.
download.music-eclub.com/midradio/download.php

I was speaking idiomatically.
eriol33

Member 1131

Level 41.71

Mar 2006

Old Feb 17, 2007, 09:30 AM Local time: Feb 17, 2007, 09:30 PM #6 of 6
bump. I have another question, is there a possible way to download the streamed file into hard disk? I'm dial up user, and it's quite painful to listen streamed music with such slow speed.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Music and Trading > Behind the Music > How to play .mrl files?