Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > Help Desk
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

Looking for easy to use game creating software

dancin mad
Wark!

Member 413

Level 3.31

Mar 2006

Old May 29, 2006, 07:37 PM Local time: May 29, 2006, 07:37 PM #1 of 11
Looking for easy to use game creating software

I was wondering if anyone could help me find a good software for game creating that is EASY to use. (or fairly easy anyways.) I've been looking around on Google for some time, but I'm not really sure which program seems the best. I'd like something with both a 2D and 3D engine that can basically create any genre of game. If anyone has any recommendations, you're advice would be very much appreciated!:biggrin:

Jam it back in, in the dark.
BlueMikey
TREAT?!?

Member 12

Level 35.70

Feb 2006

Old May 29, 2006, 09:29 PM Local time: May 29, 2006, 07:29 PM #2 of 11
About the only software I've ever heard of as being successful at helping people make games is RPG Maker. I don't know of any sort of thing that would allow you to make any genre as it would be incredibly hard, especially in 3D.

Basically, if you want to do a FPS, you just make a mod for the engine you like.

What other types of games are you wishing to make other than FPSs or RPGs?

There's nowhere I can't reach.
and Brandy does her best to understand
Lukage
High Chocobo

Member 570

Level 40.69

Mar 2006

Old May 29, 2006, 09:56 PM Local time: May 29, 2006, 09:56 PM #3 of 11
I heard they're looking for amatuer computer kiddies to write the next FPS by Atari for the Unreal series.

I think they got their latest engine off download.com through Google. :\

If you don't know what software you're looking for, chances are you don't know WTF you're thinking about doing.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
Magic
Good Chocobo

Member 492

Level 15.73

Mar 2006

Old May 29, 2006, 10:58 PM #4 of 11
Define "easy to use".

Most amazing jew boots
Lukage
High Chocobo

Member 570

Level 40.69

Mar 2006

Old May 29, 2006, 11:37 PM Local time: May 29, 2006, 11:37 PM #5 of 11
Originally Posted by Magic
Define "easy to use".
Krazy Taco and I decided you just type in "Make graphics good" and it spurts out a line:

*Putting Oblivion to Shame* -done-

I was speaking idiomatically.
KrazyTaco
urrrrrr

Member 753

Level 13.94

Mar 2006

Old May 29, 2006, 11:41 PM #6 of 11
Your asking the wrong question dancin mad. What you want to know is not how to make a game, but how to NOT create a game and still have it be better than all current games. It's all in the marketing. If you can get people to believe your game will be SUPER AWESOME, then nothing can stop you. Just look at Duke Nukem Forever, never released and yet it is popular, far more popular than any other game out there.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
YeOldeButchere
Smoke. Peat. Delicious.

Member 246

Level 21.94

Mar 2006

Old May 29, 2006, 11:49 PM #7 of 11
All joking aside, there's no such thing as "game creating software", other than RPG maker. Well, there might be, but let's just say it'll be limited. If you want to do 3D stuff, or even 2D stuff beyond what you can do with RPG maker, you'll need to learn to program. And, unfortunately for you, that doesn't merely mean learning the syntax for a programming language, ideally C++ (ok, I'm going to get crucified by a bunch of people if I just leave it at that, so let's say Java is also suitable, as well as a few other languages). Once you're good with whatever language you've chosen, you need to learn how to actually interface with your OS, various libraries such as OpenGL or, if you're making a mod, the engine you've chosen. Then I suppose you can start trying to do whatever it is you want.

Get started now and you might be able to do something nice in a few years.

FELIPE NO
RacinReaver
Never Forget

Member 7

Level 44.22

Feb 2006

Old May 30, 2006, 10:42 AM Local time: May 30, 2006, 08:42 AM #8 of 11
Originally Posted by KrazyTaco
Your asking the wrong question dancin mad. What you want to know is not how to make a game, but how to NOT create a game and still have it be better than all current games. It's all in the marketing. If you can get people to believe your game will be SUPER AWESOME, then nothing can stop you. Just look at Duke Nukem Forever, never released and yet it is popular, far more popular than any other game out there.
He could make Daikatana 2. ;_;

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
Magic
Good Chocobo

Member 492

Level 15.73

Mar 2006

Old May 30, 2006, 01:51 PM #9 of 11
Originally Posted by YeOldeButchere
All joking aside, there's no such thing as "game creating software", other than RPG maker.
And Game Maker

Jam it back in, in the dark.
YeOldeButchere
Smoke. Peat. Delicious.

Member 246

Level 21.94

Mar 2006

Old May 30, 2006, 02:02 PM #10 of 11
Originally Posted by YeOldeButchere
All joking aside, there's no such thing as "game creating software", other than RPG maker. Well, there might be, but let's just say it'll be limited.
What does the bold part say?

There's nowhere I can't reach.
dancin mad
Wark!

Member 413

Level 3.31

Mar 2006

Old May 30, 2006, 07:50 PM Local time: May 30, 2006, 07:50 PM #11 of 11
I was expecting that anything out there that doesn't need programing knowledge would certainly be limited. I was just wondering what some of the best options would be. As for now, I'll try out RPG Maker and Game Maker, but I won't get my hopes up too much.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > Help Desk > Looking for easy to use game creating software