Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Music and Trading > Behind the Music

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

HOW TO: rip music, sound effects, or movies from PS1 & PS2 games

kuttlas
Wonderful Chocobo

Member 824

Level 22.74

Mar 2006

Old Feb 8, 2007, 02:14 AM Local time: Feb 8, 2007, 12:14 AM #1 of 62
Keep raising the interleave by the 10,000s until you get to a part where it sounds somewhat better then start raising it by the 1,000s until it sounds almost accurate, then by the 100s until it sounds almost good. Stop when it starts sounding worse. If there's a preset interleave close to where you're at then use it. If not then type in multiples of 16. If the left and right audio channels are playing perfectly synchronously but there's skippage (meaning brief intervals of silence every few seconds or so) either raise the number of channels and find the new interleave or manually edit the silence out (I recommend method #1).

Jam it back in, in the dark.
kuttlas
Wonderful Chocobo

Member 824

Level 22.74

Mar 2006

Old Jul 5, 2007, 08:22 PM Local time: Jul 5, 2007, 06:22 PM #2 of 62
I'm trying to extract the music from Nano Breaker and I keep getting little clicks and pops, is there any solution for this? I get the same problem with Ruff Trigger, every other game I've tested works fine.

Also, is there any news on PS3 extraction yet? Is there even a way to mount blu ray discs?

There's nowhere I can't reach.
kuttlas
Wonderful Chocobo

Member 824

Level 22.74

Mar 2006

Old Dec 16, 2007, 05:00 AM Local time: Dec 16, 2007, 03:00 AM #3 of 62
I'm not trying to rip music or do anything fancy--all I'm trying to do is to listen to the audio files on a certain PS2 game (Mega Man X8). I inserted the disc into my laptop and used Cube Media Player to scan it, and it came up with a bunch of audio files. When I tried to play one, however, an entire log of error messages showed up. So I guess my question is, how do I simply play the audio files? (I also tried reading the first post in this thread but honestly couldn't make much sense of it. =P) Thanks!
If you get nothing but error messages and don't hear anything then it probably doesn't work with Cube. There might be a solution but fuck if I find it, I don't have the game. Though if I recall, someone ripped it back when it came out with PSound, you might try using that instead. Or you could, uh, download the MMX8 OST and save yourself the trouble.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
kuttlas
Wonderful Chocobo

Member 824

Level 22.74

Mar 2006

Old Dec 16, 2007, 10:19 PM Local time: Dec 16, 2007, 08:19 PM #4 of 62
Yup, already have the OST downloaded! Trouble is, Capcom (in contrast to X4 and X7) didn't bother to include the music from the FMV cutscenes--unfortunate, since the music in X8's FMVs is vastly superior to any other FMV music in the series. What I was trying to do was to dig into the game to see if by chance the music in the FMVs was at all separate from the sound effects, voice over, etc.

Would you happen to know where that PSound rip of X8 is (if he/she included the FMV music in the rip)?
I don't have the rip, but if I remember correctly, it only had the level themes (I could very well be wrong though). PS2 movies are usually in PSS format which you can simply drag and drop into cube, and it is a standard format so there shouldn't be any problems. Although I doubt you'll be able to find them without vocals, developers tend to leave them attached to the background music for some reason. The only other video format I've seen on PS2 is bink which you can open with bink media player.
I am trying to rip music from The fast and The Furious and I have no idea whats going wrong, I insert the cd in my comp load up cube, have it scan and then it tell me to "insert disk"? :/ what am I doing wrong?
Time to get a new drive.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Music and Trading > Behind the Music > HOW TO: rip music, sound effects, or movies from PS1 & PS2 games