Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Music and Trading > Behind the Music
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

HOW TO: rip music, sound effects, or movies from PS1 & PS2 games

SpinNewYasha
Larry Oji, Super Moderator, Judge, "Dirge for the Follin" Project Director, VG Frequency Creator

Member 26942

Level 1.02

Dec 2007

Old Dec 12, 2007, 03:51 AM Local time: Dec 12, 2007, 12:51 AM #1 of 62
Ripping Music from Dance Summit 2001

I'm trying to rip the audio (sfx, narrator dialogue, and music/BGM) from the following game: SLPM 62029, Bust a Move: Dance Summit 2001 (a.k.a. the Japan-only Bust a Groove 3).

Most of the sfx + narrator dialogue that I have found on the disc are stored in *.vb files, and can be scanned with PSound. However, after conversion, they needed to be speed corrected because they were in slow-mo/half speed.

My main trouble is with the BGM. The files of each individual song (including the remixes) are in *.IVB format, which is apparently the first encountered in any PS2 game?? PSound does not recognize *.IVBs. They could be scanned and played in both MFAudio and Cube Media Player as Raw Compressed ADPCMs, but on playback and conversion, the songs are stuttery and distorted. I have found no ideal interleave and/or offset value to make them sound normal.

I am mainly ripping the remix versions, as the OST with the regular versions is available on CD. Any help is appreciated. Thank you for your time.

Jam it back in, in the dark.
SpinNewYasha
Larry Oji, Super Moderator, Judge, "Dirge for the Follin" Project Director, VG Frequency Creator

Member 26942

Level 1.02

Dec 2007

Old Jan 14, 2008, 11:03 PM Local time: Jan 14, 2008, 08:03 PM #2 of 62
I have a somewhat stupid question, and I'd be grateful to anyone who knows the answer: Is there a definite difference between a sound with the interleave set too low and the interleave set too high?

This question applies to either MFAudio or Cube Media Player.

If I had this information, I could at least set a bearing as to the correct interleave value for the PS2 music I'm trying to extract.

There's nowhere I can't reach.

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Music and Trading > Behind the Music > HOW TO: rip music, sound effects, or movies from PS1 & PS2 games