Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Music and Trading > Behind the Music

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

Recording radio stream live

Chingy
Good Chocobo

Member 1075

Level 17.36

Mar 2006

Old Jul 2, 2009, 07:47 AM Local time: Jul 2, 2009, 12:47 PM #1 of 5
Recording radio stream live

Hi there,

I have used lots of my time by downloading and researching every possibilites to capture the audio through streaming radio on the internet.

Non of many programs I have used doesn't match up good enough the results I want.

I Used this link to download mostly all of the "best" audio stream capture.

Oh, if there is any programs could import .rm files, and download at the same time, I can't think any other better solution, except for the RM Downloader, but I don't want to pay just for a licence which I will just use it only once.

I'm wondering if you guys have any other better solutions?

Help would be really appreciated!

Jam it back in, in the dark.
Petrovich
Wark!

Member 33821

Level 3.62

Jun 2009

Old Jul 2, 2009, 11:21 AM Local time: Jul 2, 2009, 11:21 AM #2 of 5
If you have a good sound card you could probably record the audio directly with very little noise.

Just right click on your volume controls icon in the task bar (Windows) > adjust audio properties > voice > voice recording > volume... and mute all but the stereo mix ( if you don't see it click options > properties and enable the check box ) then use any voice/audio recording software to record what you want. You could probably even use the crappy one that ships with Windows and achieve good results.

Make sure that you turn the volume of the stereo mix down extremely low though ( depending on your sound card ) so you don't have too much noise or clipping. I would be sure to do a few tests on other various sources of about the same loudness level until you feel you have an almost 1 to 1 recording of the original, then record whatever you are intending to record.

There's nowhere I can't reach.
Chingy
Good Chocobo

Member 1075

Level 17.36

Mar 2006

Old Jul 2, 2009, 11:56 AM Local time: Jul 2, 2009, 04:56 PM #3 of 5
Hmmm, so I will record it directly from the soundcard, or is it more like recording through a mic?

The best thing is actually if I could download a whole stream live through via import the .rm file, instead of listening and click on "pause" if you know what I mean. It would go faster.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
Petrovich
Wark!

Member 33821

Level 3.62

Jun 2009

Old Jul 4, 2009, 05:36 PM Local time: Jul 4, 2009, 05:36 PM #4 of 5
Hmmm, so I will record it directly from the soundcard, or is it more like recording through a mic?

The best thing is actually if I could download a whole stream live through via import the .rm file, instead of listening and click on "pause" if you know what I mean. It would go faster.
It is basically recording live what you would hear from your speakers. If you set everything up correctly you shouldn't have any of the noise or clipping typically associated with recording through your mic/line-in. Just make sure you do some test recordings to make sure you aren't recording too hot and clipping, and it should come out about as good as if you were using a "steam recording software".

On that note, the only actual steam recorder I've used is wmrecorder and I'm not sure if it was designed to capture streams live. It works rather well for static streams though.

I think any software that is designed to record streams live is probably just recording the audio from your soundcard. I don't really know how it could just "import the .rm file" as the file is constantly changing and there is nothing really to import/download.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
LiquidAcid
Chocorific

Member 6745

Level 38.97

May 2006

Old Jul 20, 2009, 04:31 AM Local time: Jul 20, 2009, 10:31 AM #5 of 5
VLC does all that. Everything is described in the howto:
VideoLAN Streaming Howto

I was speaking idiomatically.

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Music and Trading > Behind the Music > Recording radio stream live