Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Music and Trading > Behind the Music

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

tenseiken's BPFTP Server Tutorial

tetre
Carob Nut

Member 898

Level 6.27

Mar 2006

Old Mar 31, 2006, 02:28 PM Local time: Mar 31, 2006, 01:28 PM #1 of 39
Do you have any idea what would be causing the letters to be displayed in lowercase?

I run two FTPs, one for the home computer, which I'm the only one that uses (and occasionally friends) to bounce files off of since this university's firewall doesn't allow direct inbound connections. I administrate it (not much to administrate, though) through Remote Desktop and such. I also run an FTP here on campus, mainly for my own use so I don't have to carry around a flash drive. And occasionally I'll transfer an anime episode or something.

Anyway, both servers were setup the same, following this guide. Yet, for some reason, the server on the home computer does not display a single filename in uppercase, as shown in the screenshot. Every one of those songs should have numerous capital letters in them. Every folder is like this, every file, every everything. What would cause this?

Jam it back in, in the dark.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg lowercase.JPG (75.4 KB, 14 views)
tetre
Carob Nut

Member 898

Level 6.27

Mar 2006

Old Apr 9, 2006, 03:12 AM Local time: Apr 9, 2006, 02:12 AM #2 of 39
If you want to access an FTP from a web browser, such as Firefox or Internet explorer, you want to use this format:

ftp://*user name here*:*password here*@*address here*:*port*

Alternatively, you can simply leave out the password portion and they will get a prompt asking for the password to be typed in beforehand. Be careful if you use this method, especially if you have followed Tenseiken's steps for setting this up. Internet Explorer will open up more than 1 simultaneous connection, which will kick that user off under Ten's settings. Firefox lacks an ability to download folders or compressed files, so downloading anything in a .rar or .zip will not be downloadable.

As for forwarding ports, http://www.portforward.com/routers.htm should be able to assist you a little. You just need to tell your router to forward all connections to the router to your computer. An easy (but not the best) way is to set your computer in a DMZ, which means, any connection that goes to your router will go straight to your computer, unblocked whatsoever. It essentially makes your computer act as if it were plugged directly into the Cable Modem.

There's nowhere I can't reach.

Last edited by tetre; Apr 9, 2006 at 03:16 AM.

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Music and Trading > Behind the Music > tenseiken's BPFTP Server Tutorial