Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Music and Trading > Behind the Music
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

tenseiken's BPFTP Server Tutorial

Ryunam
As bright as a pumpkin

Member 158

Level 11.05

Mar 2006

Old Jun 10, 2006, 10:26 AM Local time: Jun 10, 2006, 04:26 PM #1 of 39
I have closely followed your guide and managed to put up a personal FTP server. The one weird thing is that, as of now, I can't seem to access it.

The message FlashFXP gives me is the following:

Quote:
[R] Connected to My own Thing
[R] 220 Ftp firmware update utility
[R] USER Download
[R] 331 Password please.
[R] PASS (hidden)
[R] 421 Login incorrect.
[R] Connection failed
[R] Delaying for 120 seconds before reconnect attempt #1
I'm absolutely certain my login data is correct. And, by the way, what's the deal with that 'ftp firmware update utility' line?

Jam it back in, in the dark.
Ryunam
As bright as a pumpkin

Member 158

Level 11.05

Mar 2006

Old Jun 11, 2006, 06:26 AM Local time: Jun 11, 2006, 12:26 PM #2 of 39
Quote:
IIt looks like you're actually connecting to your router.
Make sure you have your FTP ports forwarded properly (plus the PASV range if appropriate), and then try again. The 331 line doesn't sound right for BPFTP anyways.
I've triple-checked and both the ports and the PASV range are properly forwarded.

Quote:
Also, are you attempting to connect to your FTP with a 192.168.x.x type of IP, or just the public IP? Try connecting to your internal IP (ipconfig can show you this) and see if that works.
When I try either ftp://localhost or ftp://192.168.x.x (my internal address), I can get in flawlessly. But, when I attempt entering through my public IP or my xxx.mine.nu DynDNS.org adress, it doesn't seem to work in any way.

I've now tried changing the ports from 21 to 2121. This is the message I get:

[R] Connecting to My own Thing -> (data concerning my IP, which is correctly resolved by the client) PORT=2121
[R] Connection failed (Connection refused)
[R] Delaying for 120 seconds before reconnect attempt #1

There's nowhere I can't reach.
Ryunam
As bright as a pumpkin

Member 158

Level 11.05

Mar 2006

Old Jun 11, 2006, 10:04 AM Local time: Jun 11, 2006, 04:04 PM #3 of 39
I use a USR9108 wireless router, DSL line.

What I don't understand is why it won't allow me to enter through another port. I have forwarded port 2121 (since 21 seems to be assigned to a never-before-seen firmware utility), yet the client reacts as though no server exists on that IP and port.

This is driving me insane, as I'd love to put up a server of mine and this is hindering my progress in quite an inexplicable way.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
Ryunam
As bright as a pumpkin

Member 158

Level 11.05

Mar 2006

Old Jun 12, 2006, 05:04 AM Local time: Jun 12, 2006, 11:04 AM #4 of 39
I think I solved the problem. It was indeed an option within my router, though it related to the fact my router provided an undesired FTP access to update its firewall.

Nevermind, it should work fancy and fine now. I'll post my experimental server as soon as it's ready.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Music and Trading > Behind the Music > tenseiken's BPFTP Server Tutorial