Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

[PS2] [SPOILERS] Final Fantasy XII In Game Discussion Thread

B4-Hunter
That's My Creed

Member 310

Level 25.54

Mar 2006

Old Mar 23, 2006, 02:53 PM Local time: Mar 23, 2006, 08:53 PM #1 of 64
Post [SPOILERS] Final Fantasy XII In Game Discussion Thread

This thread is made for players and people that want to know more about the game. You don’t have to use SPOILER marker here so anyone who don’t want to know to much and lost all fun from the USA or EUR release better try HERE in Official Final Fantasy XII Thread that is spoilers free.

For people that want to play in Japanese version here are the pages that will hemp them understand it better and squeeze the entire fan from the game:

You can also post information about your progress in game like game time, level, number of max chains, location, number of summons or questions about the game play.

Jam it back in, in the dark.
"We are all books containing thousands of pages and within each od them lies an IRREPARABLE truth."
- Assassin's Creed Ending
XBOX 360 LiVE ID: B4 Hunter PL
Playing on X360: Assassin's Creed, HALO 3
Playing on PC: Gears of War, Call of Duty 4
CuteChocobo
Rurounin Translator

Member 1038

Level 17.93

Mar 2006

Old Mar 23, 2006, 09:55 PM Local time: Mar 24, 2006, 10:55 AM #2 of 64
CC reporting for duty ^ ^
Oh, I think I am soo near the ending of the game already... dunno how my friend got 138+ hrs... I am only at 83hrs last time i checked~~

TIPS for the starters in the 1st chapter:
1) Talk to every talk-able person in town, because a few triggers later events. (If you understand Jap thats okay coz they dun say much anyway)
2) When going out to fight at the start make sure you use Vaan's skill "Steal" to grab some freebies from monsters and sell those. Coz you will need to get some good gears before you head to the next chapter.
4) To make the quest easier, get to about level 4-5 before you continue back into the town, use Save Point often Heals MP and HP
5) Many ppl had experienced this, but DON'T fight that rexsaurus in that zone... it kills you in 2 seconds.
6) When distributing LPs make sure you plan first, else you might need to reset your License Grid = restart

Most amazing jew boots

Last edited by CuteChocobo; Mar 23, 2006 at 11:16 PM.
Rydia
ambitious

Member 22

Level 30.86

Feb 2006

Old Mar 23, 2006, 11:40 PM Local time: Mar 23, 2006, 08:40 PM #3 of 64
Edited the thread title so that others already know that there are spoilers as you mentioned in your opening post.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
CuteChocobo
Rurounin Translator

Member 1038

Level 17.93

Mar 2006

Old Mar 24, 2006, 02:20 AM Local time: Mar 24, 2006, 03:20 PM #4 of 64
Thanks Rydia ^ ^

So a battle related question~!
- Whats your favourite Gambit combination?

The last time I checked there are more than 200+ gambit functions~ and I still can't find out the ultimate gambit set.

Most amazing jew boots
B4-Hunter
That's My Creed

Member 310

Level 25.54

Mar 2006

Old Mar 24, 2006, 03:29 AM Local time: Mar 24, 2006, 09:29 AM #5 of 64
Originally Posted by CuteChocobo
TIPS for the starters in the 1st chapter:
1) Talk to every talk-able person in town, because a few triggers later events. (If you understand Jap thats okay coz they dun say much anyway)
I had translation of what they ware saying but I always like to press Circle next to someone =D It makes nice sound LoL!
2) When going out to fight at the start make sure you use Vaan's skill "Steal" to grab some freebies from monsters and sell those. Coz you will need to get some good gears before you head to the next chapter.
Yeah I noticed that they used system from MMORPG with loot stuff from monsters. You can set it in Gambit so one of the characters will use "Steal" after Leader Attack and enemy.
4) To make the quest easier, get to about level 4-5 before you continue back into the town, use Save Point often Heals MP and HP
At first I was just walking around plains and leveling at first. I was so impressed with battle system that I couldn't stop. Now I'm at The Sky City of Bhujerba so I'm mobbing in Mines. Got there 115 chains on skeletons =D That gives you around 15,000 GIL for all loot you get. If you use steal every time, make it 30,000 =).
5) Many ppl had experienced this, but DON'T fight that rexsaurus in that zone... it kills you in 2 seconds.
Yeah I was just curious how strong is he so I attacked him with Penelo in party... that was one long fight =P 1085 DMG...
6) When distributing LPs make sure you plan first, else you might need to reset your License Grid = restart
Restart...? You mean start the game from beginning? Well... I didn't had full translation of it so at first I just put my LP points in things I thing that are useful... =P
So a battle related question~!
- Whats your favourite Gambit combination?
I don't know much about additional stuff for Gambit but I already have all Gambits that you can get till The Sky City of Bhujerba. I just use:

1. If ally HP < 50% - Use Potion (Fran: "Cure")
2. If Leader attack Enemy - Attack
3. If Enemy attack Leader - Attack

I have translation of all Gambits but never had time to sit and set them. Any useful combinations?

I was speaking idiomatically.
"We are all books containing thousands of pages and within each od them lies an IRREPARABLE truth."

Last edited by B4-Hunter; Mar 24, 2006 at 03:34 AM. Reason: Automerged double post.
CuteChocobo
Rurounin Translator

Member 1038

Level 17.93

Mar 2006

Old Mar 24, 2006, 03:55 AM Local time: Mar 24, 2006, 04:55 PM #6 of 64
Originally Posted by B4-Hunter
Got there 115 chains on skeletons =D That gives you around 15,000 GIL for all loot you get. If you use steal every time, make it 30,000 =).
Wow 115 chains! I didn't get that high until I am level 35+ But yeah i love how the more chains you get the better rewards you get.

Quote:
Yeah I was just curious how strong is he so I attacked him with Penelo in party... that was one long fight =P 1085 DMG...
Wow you manage to defeat him? I heard that he is around level 20 with 6000+ HP so that must be one heck of a looooooong fight XD

Quote:
Restart...? You mean start the game from beginning? Well... I didn't had full translation of it so at first I just put my LP points in things I thing that are useful... =P
As long as you don't put all eggs in 1 basket then you would be find. Meaning don't make all the characters the same traits, spread them out especially learning the white, black, blue, red magics

As for the Gambit, mine is quite long... I will post once I get home! But yeah, for mine it goes with similar fashion as.
1) If Leader attacks the main boss -> One assist me, another attack the closest enemy
2) If anyone have 40% less HP cast Curaga and if the healer have less than 50% HP and more than 80% MP cast Hastaga on him/herself
3) If enemy weak against any element cast the inverse element on them.
4) Team up only if everyone's HP is below 30%
5) If MP is below 30% only use physical attacks.

Thats about the basic gist of my Gambit

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
B4-Hunter
That's My Creed

Member 310

Level 25.54

Mar 2006

Old Mar 24, 2006, 04:38 AM Local time: Mar 24, 2006, 10:38 AM #7 of 64
Wow 115 chains! I didn't get that high until I am level 35+ But yeah i love how the more chains you get the better rewards you get.
Yes =) After like about 50 chains you get the same item all the time plus random spells like Protect, Shell or Heal. There are more but I don't know what do they do... Yeah Japanese =P
Wow you manage to defeat him? I heard that he is around level 20 with 6000+ HP so that must be one heck of a looooooong fight XD
Well it should be "loooooong fight" =P. No I didn't. He hit me dealing 1000+ DMG and I died =). I think I'll get back there later just to get him =) But later =P.
As long as you don't put all eggs in 1 basket then you would be find. Meaning don't make all the characters the same traits, spread them out especially learning the white, black, blue, red magics
So you say that boost certain magic type for character right? First I need to get all of my characters working so I can start setting everything for them. For now Vaan can cast almost any type of magic and Fran to.
As for the Gambit, mine is quite long... I will post once I get home! But yeah, for mine it goes with similar fashion as.
1) If Leader attacks the main boss -> One assist me, another attack the closest enemy
2) If anyone have 40% less HP cast Curaga and if the healer have less than 50% HP and more than 80% MP cast Hastaga on him/herself
3) If enemy weak against any element cast the inverse element on them.
4) Team up only if everyone's HP is below 30%
5) If MP is below 30% only use physical attacks.

Thats about the basic gist of my Gambit
...I don't know if I have them or I'll get them later. I need to sit on it a little bit. But what can I do on Lv.20 =P?

FELIPE NO
CuteChocobo
Rurounin Translator

Member 1038

Level 17.93

Mar 2006

Old Mar 24, 2006, 11:01 AM Local time: Mar 25, 2006, 12:01 AM #8 of 64
Okay, finally got the game done, and its time to start contributing back to forum of a fe simple things.

As promised to B4-Hunter, here is the accessory list completed with Value of item, Additional Effects, Locations and Jap-> Eng translation.

Hopefully I can do the same to other equipments too *fingers crossed*

Please forgive my poor english during the translation XD

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
Attached Files
File Type: doc FFXII_Accessories_Translation.doc (93.0 KB, 15 views)
B4-Hunter
That's My Creed

Member 310

Level 25.54

Mar 2006

Old Mar 24, 2006, 03:45 PM Local time: Mar 24, 2006, 09:45 PM #9 of 64
Okay, finally got the game done, and its time to start contributing back to forum of a fe simple things.

As promised to B4-Hunter, here is the accessory list completed with Value of item, Additional Effects, Locations and Jap-> Eng translation.

Hopefully I can do the same to other equipments too *fingers crossed*

Please forgive my poor english during the translation XD
Great job!! I had to remake it for HTML and make Kenji more visible and easier to match with those from game.

Btw after first fight with Judge you get stone that absorb (I think) magic of all kinds. We could add it to the list =).

Most amazing jew boots
Tequila
I got a signature.

Member 244

Level 9.75

Mar 2006

Old Mar 24, 2006, 03:51 PM Local time: Mar 24, 2006, 10:51 PM #10 of 64
Heh, I defeated the Wild Saurus when Vossler was a guest character in my party. I did a Myst Knack combo and he died on me, taking about 7000 damage. =( Poor Saurus.
Anyways, I need to do something in Garif right now, but I am wandering around the Ozmone Plains to kill Black Chocobos, Vipers and Mesmerizes.

There's nowhere I can't reach.
I'm a placeholder. I'm there to unnecessarily waste your bandwith and annoy the shit out of you. Too bad that I'm too small to make any difference.
CuteChocobo
Rurounin Translator

Member 1038

Level 17.93

Mar 2006

Old Mar 25, 2006, 03:15 AM Local time: Mar 25, 2006, 04:15 PM #11 of 64
I went back to the sarus after level 52, so yeah 2 pokes from my party and he became our dinner

@B4: There are a few more items that I didn't classify as accessory it is because they are seperated into different sections in the menu.

Anyway, here is the completed Map of the whole FFXII world.
There are some incorrect translations

Attached Images
File Type: jpg ivalice-dalmasca.jpg (334.7 KB, 35 views)
Attached Files
File Type: doc FFXII_Map.doc (67.0 KB, 20 views)
Craze
~Need a break~

Member 2021

Level 10.71

Mar 2006

Old Mar 25, 2006, 05:02 AM Local time: Mar 25, 2006, 06:02 PM #12 of 64
CC, you've completed the game? So what's your rating, does it deserve a 10/10 like what Famitsu gave? I had to put it aside with piling assignments.

Since you've done the map, you could probably get started with the story and dialogs translations :P

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
CuteChocobo
Rurounin Translator

Member 1038

Level 17.93

Mar 2006

Old Mar 25, 2006, 06:28 AM Local time: Mar 25, 2006, 07:28 PM #13 of 64
Hehe, SpookyChee has already started in the translation
I want to do something different
Prolly specific FAQs (Weapon, Character Level up guide...etc) or something like that!

Yeah, I have completed the game already, 86Hrs in game clocktime.
As for the rating-
* Graphic - 10/10 - Definetly the best looking game out there for PS2 RPG
* Sound/Music - 10/10 - The music are just prefect, can't complaint
* Plot - 9.5/10 - Dark and the bittersweet theme is what I like. The only complaint is that it could be longer. I minus a 0.5 is because there are still a few unexplained plot loop holes at the end, but other than that I am satisfied.
* Control - 9/10 - The control is hard to get use to if you never played FFXI on PS2. The camera could be a little annoying at times, but other than that I have no trouble with it. Some functions may take time to get use to (e.g. Gambit system)
* Overall - 38.5/40 - I have to say that FFXII stands on my Fav PS2 RPG game, and I WILL play it again after English version is released.

I personally think Famitsu gives FFXII too much credit being the 'perfect' game. There are minor plot holes here and there, and also FFXII is made for more mature audience unlike other prev FFs

Craze
~Need a break~

Member 2021

Level 10.71

Mar 2006

Old Mar 25, 2006, 07:11 AM Local time: Mar 25, 2006, 08:11 PM #14 of 64
Great, you could probably do those to help people like me during weapon upgrades

86 hours isn't really long, something you skipped?

Hmm, I guess I'll have to agree with you on Graphic and Control, since I can't judge on the music and plot for now. The controls can be annoying, I'm not very used to turning the camera with R3, and it can be a pain sometimes when you can't see who's targetting you in battles (not to mention the headaches when you turn too much )

CuteChocobo
Rurounin Translator

Member 1038

Level 17.93

Mar 2006

Old Mar 25, 2006, 07:37 AM Local time: Mar 25, 2006, 08:37 PM #15 of 64
Yeah I skipped most minor quests, for Clan levels... as you increase your Clan Level you can claim prizes!

If my memory serves me correctly, 2 ultima weapons requires you to do some of the Clan quest and 1 of them require you to FINISH and MAX out your Clan Level (Trophie)

I only did what I am required to complete the game thats all, but today is my second time playing and I will be doing all side quests ^ ^

How ya doing, buddy?
B4-Hunter
That's My Creed

Member 310

Level 25.54

Mar 2006

Old Mar 25, 2006, 10:25 AM Local time: Mar 25, 2006, 04:25 PM #16 of 64
@B4: There are a few more items that I didn't classify as accessory it is because they are seperated into different sections in the menu.

Anyway, here is the completed Map of the whole FFXII world.
There are some incorrect translations
I got the Completed Map from maskrider and asked CC to translat names.
Originally Posted by Craze
CC, you've completed the game? So what's your rating, does it deserve a 10/10 like what Famitsu gave? I had to put it aside with piling assignments.

Since you've done the map, you could probably get started with the story and dialogs translations :P
Dialogs translation

Actually I'm making Mob Hunt List =).

B4-Hunter
That's My Creed

Member 310

Level 25.54

Mar 2006

Old Mar 27, 2006, 02:28 AM Local time: Mar 27, 2006, 08:28 AM #17 of 64
OK some new information about my game play. Till now I have one... and half Summons =P Still working on the one from the dessert cave. My max combo was made in Mines on Sky City. 302 kills in raw so long that I was not getting any new items from them cause I already got 99 of them. As for Mist combo I was damn lucky yesterday while playing Green Dragon near Fran's Village. Made 14 hit combo on him that gave us 22,000+ damage!! I got all possible effect on me like slow, silence, poison etc. I don't even know what level I have but it's near 36-37. Already got all Mist on Lv.3 for every character =). DAMN this game is FUN =D

CuteChocobo
Rurounin Translator

Member 1038

Level 17.93

Mar 2006

Old Mar 27, 2006, 02:46 AM Local time: Mar 27, 2006, 03:46 PM #18 of 64
Whoa... dude you must have been battling a lot.. I didn't get my Lv3 Mist after level 40 or so >_<

Oh, as for my translations I will be working with the FF12trans Wiki people. They provided me a good place to share the works
http://ff12trans.pbwiki.com/

We got a few ppl working on it as well, so check it out!

Oh B4-Hunter, I have completed the accessory list and magic list translation... go to that website and see~

There's nowhere I can't reach.
B4-Hunter
That's My Creed

Member 310

Level 25.54

Mar 2006

Old Mar 27, 2006, 02:58 AM Local time: Mar 27, 2006, 08:58 AM #19 of 64
Whoa... dude you must have been battling a lot.. I didn't get my Lv3 Mist after level 40 or so >_<

Oh, as for my translations I will be working with the FF12trans Wiki people. They provided me a good place to share the works
http://ff12trans.pbwiki.com/

We got a few ppl working on it as well, so check it out!

Oh B4-Hunter, I have completed the accessory list and magic list translation... go to that website and see~
You picked the right place mate ^^ Good to see you there =) I'll print it when I get home =D

BTW:
Check THIS out =).

CuteChocobo
Rurounin Translator

Member 1038

Level 17.93

Mar 2006

Old Mar 27, 2006, 03:02 AM Local time: Mar 27, 2006, 04:02 PM #20 of 64
Haha cool~~ thats the best map eva ^ ^
Yeah they did the right translations... I changed a few places names too!

How ya doing, buddy?
B4-Hunter
That's My Creed

Member 310

Level 25.54

Mar 2006

Old Mar 27, 2006, 10:30 AM Local time: Mar 27, 2006, 04:30 PM #21 of 64
New chapters in plot and main text translation has beed added. Site is in my signature. Few earlier bugs has been fixed to.

New:
Just made 21 Hit Mist combo and got my self a Adramelech (Capricorn). Fight starts and I'm using Mist attack with Vaan. After this I make 21 Hit with it and I'm back on the battle field with summon. Screen start flashing and I notice that his HP is zero... I was shocked!! Anyway it's my 2nd summon but first from unofficial way.

Last edited by B4-Hunter; Mar 27, 2006 at 04:40 PM. Reason: Automerged double post.
CuteChocobo
Rurounin Translator

Member 1038

Level 17.93

Mar 2006

Old Mar 29, 2006, 03:40 AM Local time: Mar 29, 2006, 04:40 PM #22 of 64
Hey B4-H, how many trophies have you got in your clan room?
Right now I am spending much time trying to get all the "空賊の隠れ家 / Sky Pirate Hideout" trophies~

The last 6 gonna be impossible >_<

B4-Hunter
That's My Creed

Member 310

Level 25.54

Mar 2006

Old Mar 29, 2006, 05:33 AM Local time: Mar 29, 2006, 11:33 AM #23 of 64
Vaan, Balflear, Fran, Basch, Panelo, Mont Blanc (302), Vayne, Migelo, Chocobo (9/28) 32% ^^ Soon Reks will join my collection ^^

Most amazing jew boots
Zeta26
Good Chocobo

Member 1280

Level 18.12

Mar 2006

Old Apr 1, 2006, 12:24 PM Local time: Apr 1, 2006, 09:24 AM #24 of 64
Speaking of FFXII. It's also been officially confirmed that Kari Wahlgren will be doing one of the characters. Possibly she could be doing one of the main characters; Ashe

~Fav Radiant Dawn Character~

Last edited by Zeta26; Apr 1, 2006 at 12:26 PM.
Saga
Syklis Green

Member 3126

Level 8.12

Mar 2006

Old Apr 1, 2006, 04:23 PM #25 of 64
Question

first Im not just another noob asking for help and run away after getting an answer Ive been here for ages but My account was deleted or something like that when the forums went wrong a month ago so dont be to hrsh with me

I have some questions to ask about this game and I hope someone can give me a little hand.

I dont understand Japanesse very much but Ive been playing Jap games for AAAAAAAAAAAAGEs ... of course there are few things that I dont understand or havent figurate out.

-At the moment Ive got 38 hours played
-I have all my characters in level 28 ( the main one "the-Tidus-wannabe" is on 29 )
-I just finished talking to a very old man where he talks with his mind @__@ HE DOES!!! and then I got an scene where one of the cool warrios is killed by someone who "killed" another OLD man ( LMAO )
-I will always expend ALOT of time killing monsters til I get to the point where they can even touch me :-) but the funny thing is that level is NOT priority in this game is all about filling the sodding "chess table" as I call it ^__^ so that I can get stronger and powerful.

ok here we go

How do I USE the the "special" movements I mean like what do I have to press to make more than 1hit?

How do I get more summons? I only got the fire one the big fat one.

what is the number next to the time clock? ( is it the number of steps I make during the game? is it points? can I use then?

what is RED and BLUE here http://img349.imageshack.us/img349/7707/dsc000755hf.jpg

( excuse the shait quality )

does this have any point to be? http://img349.imageshack.us/img349/9906/dsc000777gj.jpg

please dont tell me how far in the game I am cos I dont feel that Im that far anyway

an this is just my chess table lol : http://img320.imageshack.us/img320/6862/dsc000767ph.jpg

THANK YOU VERY MUCHO in advance!

excuse the shait english :/

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming > [PS2] [SPOILERS] Final Fantasy XII In Game Discussion Thread