Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > Help Desk

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

MIDI effects screwing up sound balance

Sal
Surrounded by Roos

Member 1070

Level 7.15

Mar 2006

Old Sep 8, 2006, 04:08 PM Local time: Sep 8, 2006, 10:08 PM #1 of 5
MIDI effects screwing up sound balance

I'm using an SBLive 5.1 player and the problem is when i'm working with MIDI's I use Creative Sound Mixer effects and about 90% when I turn them off and start listening to mp3's or anything else, the sound balance goes over to the left and the volume & quality goes down because of it. The only way to remedy this is to restart the computer. Very occasionally if i've been using the effects again & turn them off, all will be restored to normal, but not that often.

This is been going on since I got the computer & installed the soundcard (about 3 years ago), all the connections etc are correct, software up to date etc.
Anyone know what's causing this/ how to stop/ solve it without having to restart everytime?

Jam it back in, in the dark.
Rock
Rock me

Member 66

Level 29.37

Mar 2006

Old Sep 8, 2006, 04:24 PM Local time: Sep 8, 2006, 11:24 PM #2 of 5
I used to have an SB Live Player card and found that avoiding Creative software at all costs helped me get rid of all the troubles I've been experiencing with it.

There's nowhere I can't reach.
Sal
Surrounded by Roos

Member 1070

Level 7.15

Mar 2006

Old Sep 8, 2006, 04:36 PM Local time: Sep 8, 2006, 10:36 PM #3 of 5
Any alternatives to Creative Mixer then?
I don't absolutely 100% need to use it, but I do a lot of work with MIDI, it's just makes things sound a bit better.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
Rock
Rock me

Member 66

Level 29.37

Mar 2006

Old Sep 8, 2006, 05:03 PM Local time: Sep 9, 2006, 12:03 AM #4 of 5
I don't know what kind of features you use for MIDI, but I'm sure all of it can be achieved by software other than Creative's. If you just need a mixer, the one built into XP does its job without being too much of a nuisance.

How ya doing, buddy?
LiquidAcid
Chocorific

Member 6745

Level 38.97

May 2006

Old Sep 9, 2006, 04:21 AM Local time: Sep 9, 2006, 10:21 AM #5 of 5
If you really want to use the card for music then check on the 'kX Project' driver (I don't know for sure if the 5.1 player is supported right now). You will lose EAX support but for listening to music and recording music/MIDI it's great and probably one of the best drivers out there.

cya
liquid

I was speaking idiomatically.

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > Help Desk > MIDI effects screwing up sound balance