Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > Help Desk

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

Making MPEG/AVI files and SRT files into ONE file???

Cobra Commander
Gots to Dominate!

Member 7345

Level 13.25

May 2006

Old Aug 9, 2006, 04:44 AM Local time: Aug 8, 2006, 11:44 PM #1 of 4
Making MPEG/AVI files and SRT files into ONE file???

I think the title says it all. The main reason for this is for that Japanese Drama "Densha Otoko" I have the MPEG's in hi res but they are all soft subbed which means they need a separate SRT file to display the subtitles.

I already tried official copies but they don't include english subtitiles! I would like to know how to convert MY files into a DVD format (HARD SUBBED) so I can watch it on my TV.

I realize I will probably have to dl new software for this, and to whoever can help, will you be able to give me precise step by step instructions because I am a REAL NEWB and this kind of stuff. Sorry but just never had much practice.

Any help is apphreciated!

Most amazing jew boots
RYU
Hoshi X Hayabusa

Member 173

Level 33.76

Mar 2006

Old Aug 9, 2006, 08:11 AM Local time: Aug 9, 2006, 04:11 PM #2 of 4
first install K-Lite Codec Pack full and make name of file MPEG/AVI same SRT file and put them on same folder like this:

Densha Otoko.avi
Densha Otoko,srt

then try to convert with WinAVI video converter to avi or wmv or mpeg,will be subtitle into ONE file

There's nowhere I can't reach.
ORLY
YA RLY

Member 8978

Level 7.21

Jun 2006

Old Aug 9, 2006, 09:06 AM #3 of 4
I'm not really sure why you would want to do that as there are plenty of media players that will play the subtitles and video simultaniously (VLC, KMplayer, etc.). However, if you're really set on combining the two, AVI ReComp seems to meet your needs.
http://www.free-codecs.com/download/AVI_ReComp.htm

You can also try out VirtualDub and its subtitler filter.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
Cobra Commander
Gots to Dominate!

Member 7345

Level 13.25

May 2006

Old Aug 9, 2006, 02:27 PM Local time: Aug 9, 2006, 09:27 AM #4 of 4
oh I know, but I really want to watch it on my TV and for that I need it to be in DVD format

I'll try all the above suggestions, thanks

Double Post:
Well ORLY, I tried it your way first since it seemed to involve less steps, and man it works great! All i have to do is pretty much drag and drop!

Though I think I am only going to limit to hard subbing 2-3 episodes a day because the time is about 1.5 to 2 hours per episode and my CPU usage jumps up to 97% when it is on!

But thanks for your help, I greatly apprechiate it

Oh and Ryu although i didn't try it your way I am sure you might be able to help me on my next challenge: getting the now hard subbed episodes in DVD format!

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?

Last edited by Cobra Commander; Aug 9, 2006 at 06:27 PM. Reason: Automerged additional post.

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > Help Desk > Making MPEG/AVI files and SRT files into ONE file???