Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

Christmas is coming that means...

Furby
Soon...

Member 327

Level 27.95

Mar 2006

Old Sep 28, 2012, 03:57 AM #1 of 16
Christmas is coming that means...

Alot of awesome new releases for the holiday season!? So let's start saving our Pennies and start making sure we preorder the games we want..

So what's on everyone holiday shopping list as far as games goes?!

The only game im going to probably get is Halo 4. I dont have as much time for game because of school/work/gf but im definitely going to fix in sometime for is this. Ive always been a huge fan of halo and I gotta be a fanboy and get the next installment

Halo 4 (TAKE MY MONEY AND GIVE MY THE GAME)

Jam it back in, in the dark.
Bigblah
Tails is incompetent!

Member 5

Level 45.31

Feb 2006

Old Sep 28, 2012, 05:21 AM Local time: Sep 28, 2012, 06:21 PM #2 of 16
I fear Halo 4 is going to be a disappointment. One of the biggest draws of the Halo franchise for me was the soundtrack. It's not going to be the same without the original composers. That said, I'll be getting it anyway.

Unfortunately the other games I'm interested in aren't coming out in 2012 (Watch Dogs, etc)

There's nowhere I can't reach.
Furby
Soon...

Member 327

Level 27.95

Mar 2006

Old Sep 28, 2012, 05:31 AM #3 of 16
I'm more worried that 343 studios will mess it up to be honest. I liked Reach but the storyline wasn't as epic as the work that Bungie did so.

I'm kind of excited for AC3 but at the sametime, i haven't played anything other than AC1

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
Bigblah
Tails is incompetent!

Member 5

Level 45.31

Feb 2006

Old Sep 28, 2012, 05:34 AM Local time: Sep 28, 2012, 06:34 PM 2 #4 of 16
Ace Combat 3 is coming out? Nice!

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
Furby
Soon...

Member 327

Level 27.95

Mar 2006

Old Sep 28, 2012, 05:36 AM #5 of 16
Assassin's Creed but Ace combat zero was the best

Most amazing jew boots
Fluffykitten McGrundlepuss
Motherfucking Chocobo

Member 589

Level 64.55

Mar 2006

Old Sep 29, 2012, 05:05 AM Local time: Sep 29, 2012, 11:05 AM #6 of 16
I've got Halo 4 pre-ordered although I know it'll be a dissapointment because they put in a retarded, CoD style unlock system meaning they've ruined the one thing that always made Halo multiplayer stand out, the fact that everyone starts every round with the same setup options so when you get beat you know it's because the other team are more skilled or lucky, rather than losing because the other team has more spare time to unlock shit (The reason I stopped playing Battlefield 3 after a couple of weeks).

Other than that I'm happy going through my backlog until GTA V and Sacred 3 come out.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
Furby
Soon...

Member 327

Level 27.95

Mar 2006

Old Sep 29, 2012, 06:19 PM #7 of 16
I heard about that ”unlock” system. Also arent they doing something special for the peopke that get the ”special” edition where they give you extra guns/classes because of the preorder

FELIPE NO
Fluffykitten McGrundlepuss
Motherfucking Chocobo

Member 589

Level 64.55

Mar 2006

Old Sep 30, 2012, 02:33 PM Local time: Sep 30, 2012, 08:33 PM #8 of 16
Wouldn't surprise me if they did. CoD basically ruined online FPS forever.

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
Single Elbow
You have no dignity.

Member 707

Level 34.01

Mar 2006

Old Sep 30, 2012, 06:07 PM Local time: Sep 30, 2012, 04:07 PM #9 of 16
Probably just a Wii U to tie up loose ends. Nothing much gaming-wise at Christmastime; would rather spend my dough on artbooks and new sets of clothes and shoes and shit.

I've got Borderlands 2 I'm focusing 95% of my time when I'm not working or doing other shit. Then there's Torchlight 2, Darksiders 2 I need to finish and a bunch of other gaming shit.

Jam it back in, in the dark.
Jurassic Park Chocolate Raptor
Reactor online.
Sensors online.
Weapons online.
All systems nominal.

Member 80

Level 56.91

Mar 2006

Old Sep 30, 2012, 06:50 PM Local time: Sep 30, 2012, 05:50 PM #10 of 16
I heard about that ”unlock” system. Also arent they doing something special for the peopke that get the ”special” edition where they give you extra guns/classes because of the preorder
They very much did.

It's actually some advantage granting horseshit. Very much blargh.

My primary concern with H4 is that I don't trust 343 to do netcode worth a shit. I'm not sure if any of you played Anniversary Collection but holy ding dong fuck, the campaign was beyond unplayable in co-op. Like if Blah remembers trying to play H3 with us way back and it was bad, well it's got nothing on this. Some of the worst I've seen in years, and that's saying something.

And Halo co-op campaigns are half of the reason I buy the games, so.

I have a Wii U preorder myself too.

Until the end of the year though I've got about a few titles. Code of Princess, Virtue's Last Reward, NFS: Most Wanted Criterion Edition (aka Burnout Paradise 2), Layton and the Miracle Mask, Zone of the Enders HD, Sticker Star, a new Harvest Moon, and Adventure Time all come to mind immediately.

There's nowhere I can't reach.
Angel of Light
A Confused Mansbridge

Member 6635

Level 26.61

May 2006

Old Oct 1, 2012, 12:41 AM Local time: Oct 1, 2012, 02:11 AM #11 of 16
I actually don't have a lot of games pre-ordered so the holiday season, I know there are a ton of triple a titles everybody is excited about, but the games I have pre-ordered between now and the christmas season are:

Code of Princess - 3DS
Zone of the Enders HD Collection - PS3
Virtues Last Reward - 3DS
Professor Layton and the Miracle Mask - 3DS

I hate to say it, I literally have zero interest in the WiiU whatsoever, I've been more focused on buying older games that I missed out on, and with having very little time to game these days, this will be the last generation I'll be buying games for.

All the power to the people that are buying the WiiU, but I seem to be enjoying older games much more than the newest and greatest trends in gaming. I'm pretty much okay with being left in the dust while gaming continues to evolve but the way I see it, is if a game is truly great it will still be a good game 20 years from now. I'll play them when I get around to it.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
Furby
Soon...

Member 327

Level 27.95

Mar 2006

Old Oct 1, 2012, 03:57 PM #12 of 16
My primary concern with H4 is that I don't trust 343 to do netcode worth a shit. I'm not sure if any of you played Anniversary Collection but holy ding dong fuck, the campaign was beyond unplayable in co-op. Like if Blah remembers trying to play H3 with us way back and it was bad, well it's got nothing on this. Some of the worst I've seen in years, and that's saying something.

And Halo co-op campaigns are half of the reason I buy the games, so.
I haven't had the chance to play the co-op campaign for Anni edition but what was wrong with it. I basically bought it played it on solo normal but then I got into League of Legends or some other game and stopped. I let my friend borrow the game and i haven't seen it since..

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
dagget
Spoot

Member 72

Level 36.40

Mar 2006

Old Oct 2, 2012, 03:42 PM #13 of 16
Epic Mickey 2 has my interest. I didn't play much of the first one, but apparently it's supposed to be different this time around.

Of Orcs and Men is one I'd love to get, but also a title I'm not quite sure I want to blow $60 on just for the off-chance I hate it. However, the chance to play as an Orc and Goblin instead of Humans really has me interested.

I've got Mugen Souls coming in later this month to tide me over til Holiday.

Lego Lord of the Rings also coming in as well (thanks $12 off preorders Newegg!).

I probably should try to snag a 3DS this Christmas, as there are finally a few good titles I wouldn't mind having (Hello Paper Mario 3DS).

Most of the games I'm really looking forward to are coming out early next year. :\

I was speaking idiomatically.

Single Elbow
You have no dignity.

Member 707

Level 34.01

Mar 2006

Old Oct 2, 2012, 05:12 PM Local time: Oct 2, 2012, 03:12 PM #14 of 16
I haven't had the chance to play the co-op campaign for Anni edition but what was wrong with it
Its like he said: its unplayable in coop. Halo games are best played coop but having a shitty netcode means fuckton of disconnects and unbearable lag.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
Furby
Soon...

Member 327

Level 27.95

Mar 2006

Old Oct 2, 2012, 09:51 PM #15 of 16
Its like he said: its unplayable in coop. Halo games are best played coop but having a shitty netcode means fuckton of disconnects and unbearable lag.
God, that would make me rage quit so hard.

How ya doing, buddy?
Jurassic Park Chocolate Raptor
Reactor online.
Sensors online.
Weapons online.
All systems nominal.

Member 80

Level 56.91

Mar 2006

Old Oct 2, 2012, 10:57 PM Local time: Oct 2, 2012, 09:57 PM 1 #16 of 16
Zone of the Enders HD Collection - PS3
Make sure you pick up one of the CEs. The artbook looks nice, and the CD should be not terrible. If it's anything like the MGS ones it'll probably be short printed.

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming > Christmas is coming that means...