Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Media Centre
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

Blood: The Last Vampire "the movie"

Freddy Krueger
Good Chocobo

Member 1982

Level 18.37

Mar 2006

Old May 18, 2006, 05:42 PM #1 of 3
Blood: The Last Vampire "the movie"

From BD:

Bill Kong, producer of "Crouching Tiger" and "Hero," is to reteam with helmer Ronny (Freddy vs Jason) Yu for Blood: The Last Vampire, an English-language adaptation of a best-selling Japanese manga comic series, according to Variety. The story of an undercover vampire hunter who discovers that two of her best friends are fiends was previously filmed as an animated movie by Japan's Production I.G. helmed by Hiroyuko Kitabuko. Production I.G. has since released a spinoff comic "Blood: The Last Vampire 2002" and has announced a TV series. Kong says "Blood" will likely shoot in a mix of English and other languages. Unlike most of Kong's recent oeuvre, it will not be set up as a Chinese-qualifying co-production and will not shoot there. He is currently scouting locations in Japan, Russia and the Philippines.

The short movie was really cool and I love how Yu handled Freddy Vs Jason and Bride of Chucky so I'm excited to check this out. :biggrin:

Jam it back in, in the dark.
Cirno
⑨⑨⑨⑨⑨⑨⑨⑨⑨

Member 980

Level 30.09

Mar 2006

Old May 18, 2006, 05:52 PM Local time: May 18, 2006, 02:52 PM #2 of 3
Mixed feelings on this. While a live-action adaptation of Blood would be, on paper, kind of cool, I don't think it would translate well to film. When I picture people messing with Saya, who's not exactly a perfect character anyway, I think of Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Underworld, and Ultraviolet. All of these have supposed "strong" female leads that just end up as being unbelievable because of poor casting, dialogue, and acting.

There's nowhere I can't reach.
Freddy Krueger
Good Chocobo

Member 1982

Level 18.37

Mar 2006

Old May 18, 2006, 06:06 PM #3 of 3
Hehehe yeah true it CAN turn out bad or great lets just hope its at least good, one thing I know for sure is Ronny will have a great atmosphere for the film.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Media Centre > Blood: The Last Vampire "the movie"