Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Music and Trading > General Game Music Discussion
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

Song of the Week - Current Status

Kaleb.G
Kaleb Grace

Member 13

Level 43.47

Feb 2006

Old Mar 2, 2006, 01:16 PM Local time: Mar 2, 2006, 10:16 AM #1 of 33
Song of the Week - Current Status

First, for those who don't know the address:
http://songoftheweek.info/

Since the crash of GFF, Song of the Week has gone cross-forum in an attempt to reach more participants. You can read up about this here:
http://wiki.songoftheweek.info/index...itle=Main_Page

Song of the Week is not currently set up to take place at GFF. However, would any of you like to see it return here to be one of the forums to choose from?

Jam it back in, in the dark.
Crash "Long-Winded Wrong Answer" Landon
Zeio Nut

Member 14

Level 54.72

Feb 2006

Old Mar 2, 2006, 01:34 PM #2 of 33
As SotW originated here, I see it as only fitting that it be included in the voting whenever possible. (Read: whenever the forums are working)

Since it doesn't seem as though OCR is going to be a participant, GFF could and should occupy the open slot.

And there's a chance that it may attract some of the interested parties from STC and Chudah's to get involved with this board as well.

There's nowhere I can't reach.
THE POWER OF WATER
listen here you little shit

Member 45

Level 48.64

Mar 2006

Old Mar 2, 2006, 03:11 PM Local time: Mar 2, 2006, 01:11 PM 1 1 #3 of 33
I have no problem with getting a voting thread in here too; there are a few SotW voters who didn't show up on any of the other forums who might return now that GFF is back up.

Double Post:
Thought: should we make a BATTLE 06 voting thread here immediately? It's already Thursday, so I dunno what kind of traffic it'd get.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
Undertale (PC, 2015)

Last edited by THE POWER OF WATER; Mar 2, 2006 at 03:24 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Kaleb.G
Kaleb Grace

Member 13

Level 43.47

Feb 2006

Old Mar 2, 2006, 03:37 PM Local time: Mar 2, 2006, 12:37 PM #4 of 33
Originally Posted by CHz
Thought: should we make a BATTLE 06 voting thread here immediately? It's already Thursday, so I dunno what kind of traffic it'd get.
I don't see why not. I still need to vote on that anyway. Is TCK free?

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
TCK
I am the horseman

Member 230

Level 11.26

Mar 2006

Old Mar 2, 2006, 03:49 PM Local time: Mar 2, 2006, 08:49 PM #5 of 33
No...

Most amazing jew boots
THE POWER OF WATER

Member 45

Level 48.64

Mar 2006

Old Mar 2, 2006, 03:54 PM Local time: Mar 2, 2006, 01:54 PM #6 of 33
Originally Posted by TCK
No...
Bummer. Let us know when you can post.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
Undertale (PC, 2015)
value tart
FROM THE FLOOR

Member 267

Level 49.52

Mar 2006

Old Mar 2, 2006, 04:11 PM #7 of 33
Question: Can we move SotW back to GFF only? I'm really not a fan of this multi-forum idea. :/

FELIPE NO
TCK
I am the horseman

Member 230

Level 11.26

Mar 2006

Old Mar 2, 2006, 04:27 PM Local time: Mar 2, 2006, 09:27 PM #8 of 33
Originally Posted by Mo0
Question: Can we move SotW back to GFF only? I'm really not a fan of this multi-forum idea. :/
I'm really not a fan of this monthly downtime

In all honesty, something inside me really justs wants me to say "Fuck GFF", so I'll just let it out now.

Fuck GFF.

Sure, I'll be willing to set up threads here (or if you wish Mo0, you can have GFF and I have CC, might make things easier for you), but SotW being a GFF only event?

Not on my watch.

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
Newbie1234
Widowmaker

Member 421

Level 18.72

Mar 2006

Old Mar 2, 2006, 05:08 PM Local time: Mar 2, 2006, 07:08 PM #9 of 33
It's great that GFF is back online, but I also dislike this multi-forum idea (though these down times are just as bad).

I don't know how stable the other forums are, but I propose that SOTW sticks with one forum, while this one (or the others) could just have a "STICKY" that links to the proper forum.

How ya doing, buddy?
Buizel
Sup?

Member 667

Level 21.47

Mar 2006

Old Mar 2, 2006, 08:10 PM #10 of 33
I too dislike the multi-forum idea. I would like to see it back on GFF.
<_<
>_>

THE POWER OF WATER

Member 45

Level 48.64

Mar 2006

Old Mar 2, 2006, 09:46 PM Local time: Mar 2, 2006, 07:46 PM #11 of 33
I'd say that, at the very least, we should continue doing SotW at Soundtrack Central, assuming the interest level there stays the same as it was during Week 49 voting. Had four new voters.

Undertale (PC, 2015)
value tart
FROM THE FLOOR

Member 267

Level 49.52

Mar 2006

Old Mar 2, 2006, 10:12 PM #12 of 33
Originally Posted by TCK
I'm really not a fan of this monthly downtime

In all honesty, something inside me really justs wants me to say "Fuck GFF", so I'll just let it out now.

Fuck GFF.

Sure, I'll be willing to set up threads here (or if you wish Mo0, you can have GFF and I have CC, might make things easier for you), but SotW being a GFF only event?

Not on my watch.
I'd like that, actually. Nothing against CC, but I'd feel better doing it at GFF, since that's where I'd rather it be. :/

el jacko
nobody knows

Member 838

Level 18.30

Mar 2006

Old Mar 2, 2006, 10:35 PM Local time: Mar 3, 2006, 12:35 PM #13 of 33
On the one hand, I have no problem with multi-forum SOTW. If it gets more viewers, more power to it.

On the other hand, I only visit GFF. I want to see it here, whether or not it also appears on other forums.

I was speaking idiomatically.
TCK
I am the horseman

Member 230

Level 11.26

Mar 2006

Old Mar 2, 2006, 11:25 PM Local time: Mar 3, 2006, 04:25 AM #14 of 33
Yeah, I've got no real problems having GFF as a featured forum. Despite my feelings, this place does have history.

I mean, did, and then bobo didn't pay his fees and now it doesn't have any of the archived threads.

Yeah.

Anyway, it might very well be wise to cut down the amount of forums SotW covers to at least two. That way, we'd in all likelyhood have a backup for when GFF is down. But I think it's too early to be worrying about that, and which ones to drop. I feel somewhat ashamed askng webmasters for support on SotW, then promptly dumping their ass going "HAY GFF IS BACK NOW AFK".

Mo0, I'll clarify on the wiki, but we'll have a changing of the guard ready for next week, with you here at GFF and me at CC.

Crash "Long-Winded Wrong Answer" Landon
Zeio Nut

Member 14

Level 54.72

Feb 2006

Old Mar 2, 2006, 11:30 PM #15 of 33
I say that we at least allow the multi-forum format to have a decent trial period before axing anything.

There was some moderate interest at STC and the Battle 06 was getting a few look-sees at Chudah's as well. It may take some time for the SotW concept to catch on in these places. Why cut them off just as they're showing interest?

After a few more weeks, we can cut out those forums with minimal interest. Other than displaced GFF members, SlightlyDark hasn't had much of a response, and I really didn't expect much there to be honest. If anything is to be cut back, I'd suggest SD due to lack of interest from non-GFF folk.

However, I do feel that GFF should be the central hub for SotW.

FELIPE NO
TCK
I am the horseman

Member 230

Level 11.26

Mar 2006

Old Mar 2, 2006, 11:49 PM Local time: Mar 3, 2006, 04:49 AM #16 of 33
I was very surprised at the various levels of interest in SotW at the different forums. I was expecting Slightly Dark to boom, and STC to bomb. The opposite has more or less happened so far.

Don't worry, we're not going to abandon the multi-forum format just because GFF is back. I'm thinking about continuing the trial until around Week 55. Call that when we'll be making hard decisions about dropping forums/ideas.

As for GFF being the central hub, right now the Wiki is the hub of all information, and somewhere that won't lose any archived information unless we mess up ourselves (as opposed to external factors). GFF might well be the place where more people will vote, due to history. Right now though, I'd ask people who are regular members at one of the alternative forums if they could to continue voting there, in order to increase the reputation of SotW elsewhere.

Golfdish from Hell
Screaming for Vengeance

Member 632

Level 40.53

Mar 2006

Old Mar 2, 2006, 11:50 PM #17 of 33
Same for Chudah's Corner as SD...If you look, Jorm has been the only non-GFF regular to participate in the Battle. The sad reality is, the forums there don't do much business, period and a lot of people that sign up don't seem to come back that much. I wouldn't hold my breath for much action there.

SOTW just looks right here...It's hard picturing it elsewhere (although it does suck all of the old voting threads got axed...). Though I agree it does seem to have caught on at STC. With the old forums there, it wouldn't have been possible (since they didn't "bump" when a new post was entered).

And yes, I'll get back to participating again!

Last edited by Golfdish from Hell; Mar 2, 2006 at 11:52 PM.
Newbie1234
Widowmaker

Member 421

Level 18.72

Mar 2006

Old Mar 2, 2006, 11:52 PM Local time: Mar 3, 2006, 01:52 AM #18 of 33
Originally Posted by Crash Landon
I say that we at least allow the multi-forum format to have a decent trial period before axing anything.

There was some moderate interest at STC and the Battle 06 was getting a few look-sees at Chudah's as well. It may take some time for the SotW concept to catch on in these places. Why cut them off just as they're showing interest?

After a few more weeks, we can cut out those forums with minimal interest. Other than displaced GFF members, SlightlyDark hasn't had much of a response, and I really didn't expect much there to be honest. If anything is to be cut back, I'd suggest SD due to lack of interest from non-GFF folk.

However, I do feel that GFF should be the central hub for SotW.
Well, I guess this sounds like the best idea.

_DH_
JAZZIN'

Member 130

Level 7.28

Mar 2006

Old Mar 3, 2006, 12:38 AM #19 of 33
I'm a little disappointed in the lack of participation from non-gff regulars over at SD. I was hoping a couple of well-known SD members would have participated but I guess that's not the case so far. It'll be sad if I'm the only one to vote at the SD thread for week 50. If that happens, I think it'll be time to call it quits at that forum. A few more weeks to evaluate the level of interest in the cross-forum setup is the best way to go for the time being. But yeah, sotw seems to have carved it's niche right here at gff and it will receive the most activity amongst all forums. At least now everyone will know to check the wiki and the main sotw site for info the next time gff crashes.

Oh, and Kaleb: I hope you're able to make periodic backups of the wiki just incase. It might also be a good idea to keep a copy of each voting thread here at gff since it just sucks that alot of the comments have been lost.

Last edited by _DH_; Mar 3, 2006 at 12:46 AM.
Chuckster
Put the nostalgia straight into my veins

Member 321

Level 37.00

Mar 2006

Old Mar 3, 2006, 10:39 AM #20 of 33
So I'm confused. There is not one place where we could read everybody's comments and votes? We have to go to four different boards to find all that out?

THE POWER OF WATER

Member 45

Level 48.64

Mar 2006

Old Mar 3, 2006, 11:55 AM Local time: Mar 3, 2006, 09:55 AM #21 of 33
Originally Posted by Chuckster
So I'm confused. There is not one place where we could read everybody's comments and votes? We have to go to four different boards to find all that out?
You can go to the Voting Archive and see the distributions of people whose votes have been added there, but yeah.

I was speaking idiomatically.
Undertale (PC, 2015)
Elorin
Arcani

Member 1218

Level 30.33

Mar 2006

Old Mar 3, 2006, 11:59 AM Local time: Mar 4, 2006, 12:59 AM #22 of 33
To be very honest, I missed reading comments from SotW regulars during Week 49 and Battle 06. It's just not quite the same without people like orion going about their orchestratin' ways or Goldfish advocating more rockin'. Perhaps with time, we'll see more interest in SotW on the other boards, though Soundtrack Central seems to be warming up to the weekly feature.

I say to continue with the cross-forum SotW approach and see how it goes for a time. If nothing else, I think it's the polite thing to do. Also, SotW could potentially be even more interesting if we have more nominators from other forums with somewhat different preferences in VGM. I don't see the harm of continuing SotW here in GFF as well. After all, SotW has its origins and ardent supporters (myself included) here. I'll continue to post in SotW threads in GFF and at Slightly Dark though I might just end up duplicating my responses. :P Hopefully, SD will eventually be a wealth of insightful discussions and commentaries about SotW entries.

I think therefore I am... I think.

Last edited by Elorin; Mar 3, 2006 at 12:12 PM.
Darkcomet72
NO ESCAPE

Member 1216

Level 44.27

Mar 2006

Old Mar 3, 2006, 12:29 PM #23 of 33
I have a bad feeling that the new nominators are just one-time-only nominators...

How ya doing, buddy?
TCK
I am the horseman

Member 230

Level 11.26

Mar 2006

Old Mar 3, 2006, 04:53 PM Local time: Mar 3, 2006, 09:53 PM #24 of 33
Originally Posted by Chuckster
Yes. At least this way if one forum completely dies not all of our comments will be lost though.

And, if there's enough demand, we may consider archiving comments as well in the one place.

Kaleb.G
Kaleb Grace

Member 13

Level 43.47

Feb 2006

Old Mar 3, 2006, 05:47 PM Local time: Mar 3, 2006, 02:47 PM #25 of 33
Originally Posted by _DH_
Oh, and Kaleb: I hope you're able to make periodic backups of the wiki just incase.
I am. The SotW site information and wiki information actually share the same database, so I just back that up every few weeks or so.

When we move the site over to the new server, I will give staff more access to the Song of the Week site and wiki, including the ability to edit the php files and database content.

Originally Posted by _DH_
It might also be a good idea to keep a copy of each voting thread here at gff since it just sucks that alot of the comments have been lost.
That really should be the duty of the thread creators. However, I can set up a directory on the SotW site for you guys to upload these files to. I'll likely do this when we switch servers.

Last edited by Kaleb.G; Mar 3, 2006 at 05:57 PM.

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Music and Trading > General Game Music Discussion > Song of the Week - Current Status