Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

[360] Halo Reach: Ghosts of GFF

Philia
Minecraft Chocobo

Member 212

Level 29.20

Mar 2006

Old Jun 11, 2010, 06:39 PM #251 of 1108
him asking about my wife is a running joke.
That'll oughta teach me not to sound off in the background.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
SailorDaravon
Mountain Chocobo

Member 204

Level 28.55

Mar 2006

Old Jun 11, 2010, 06:43 PM #252 of 1108
I'll update the OP with the correct image later tonight after the Bungie Weekly Update goes up in a bit. This is the last update before E3 next week, where there will probably be a lot of more news on probably Tuesday-ish, so expect some frequent updates.

That'll oughta teach me not to sound off in the background.
Trust me, that's not annoying and doesn't even approach anything the rest of the crew does. Nice Shimms still is the best/worst thing ever.

Additional Spam:
Update time!

-Elite armor customization works differently than for Spartans. Elites are full-on palette/armor swaps, as opposed to Spartans with individual armor pieces. You can still choose which Elite you want to use for when you are in a game type where you play as an Elite.

-You unlock Elites when you hit certain ranks; you do not purchase them with cR like Spartan upgrades.

-There are a couple of other customizations that they have not yet revealed (isn't clear if they're referring specifically to Elite customization or in general)

-Further confirmation about the pre-order bonus helmet being changed to the one I posted above.

-Official confirmation that Infection is returning.

-New Infection mode called "Safe Havens." Last bit is mysterious, unclear if zombies are possibly the Flood or something else completely new. Someone on GAF theorized that the survivors are Spartans and when infected you go Elite, but urk shot that one down.

Quote:
In Havens, survivors are fragile and prone to being eaten. Survivors do little damage and can be killed in one hit. Unless, that is, they are standing in the Safe Haven. Once inside the Haven, Survivors turn immortal, and can kill zombies with one shot.

The catch? Once a Survivor steps into a Haven, a fifteen second timer is triggered and cannot be stopped. When the timer is up, the Haven moves to a random location, leaving everyone inside it mortal and vulnerable. As survivors, your goal is to move from Haven to Haven while avoiding the ever-increasing Zombie Horde, and scoring as many kills as you can along the way. It’s worth pointing out that the zombies aren’t your Romero-style knuckle draggers, either. Reach zombies are undead acrobats and all that tumbling has worked up a hunger for brains. Expect to be sprinting a lot.”

Tumbling, eh? I think we’ll just leave it at that. And I’m walking away.

Edit: OP updated with all info, also added Last updated dates for each categories. I still desperately need some real image headers for categories. Maybe after E3 we'll know enough info for me to break the OP up into final categories (I still haven't really touched Campaign, Forge, presumably Firefight, etc) and maybe I can work on that or bribe someone else to.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?

Last edited by SailorDaravon; Jun 11, 2010 at 07:42 PM. Reason: This member got a little too post happy.
Tails
MY STICK

Member 104

Level 55.36

Mar 2006

Old Jun 11, 2010, 10:50 PM #253 of 1108
FUCK YEAH Elite customization. Too bad that armor in the screenshot looks like shit.

I was speaking idiomatically.

#654: Braixen
SailorDaravon
Mountain Chocobo

Member 204

Level 28.55

Mar 2006

Old Jun 11, 2010, 10:52 PM #254 of 1108
More like all Elites look like shit am I right??

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
Tails
MY STICK

Member 104

Level 55.36

Mar 2006

Old Jun 11, 2010, 11:17 PM #255 of 1108
Haters gonna hate. Spartans are just lame humans with armor, while Elites are, in the words of Shake himself, "murderous gazelles". Beautiful, murderous gazelles.

Don't be jealous.

FELIPE NO

SailorDaravon
Mountain Chocobo

Member 204

Level 28.55

Mar 2006

Old Jun 11, 2010, 11:23 PM #256 of 1108
You know what one (of the many) of the natural predators of gazelles are? Cheetahs.

If you're honestly telling me that you'd rather be a fucking gazelle than a cheetah on the prowl than God help you.

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
Tails
MY STICK

Member 104

Level 55.36

Mar 2006

Old Jun 11, 2010, 11:25 PM #257 of 1108
I like how that has nothing to do with Spartans being worse than Elites.

(also you're a furry)

Jam it back in, in the dark.

SailorDaravon
Mountain Chocobo

Member 204

Level 28.55

Mar 2006

Old Jun 12, 2010, 10:23 AM #258 of 1108
Spartan = Cheetah

Who Finished the Fight? That's right baby.

Also I have no idea how that makes me a furry, but okay.

There's nowhere I can't reach.
Tails
MY STICK

Member 104

Level 55.36

Mar 2006

Old Jun 12, 2010, 02:12 PM 1 #259 of 1108
Hahaha, you lose. Spartans can't be Cheetahs, because then they'd be Cheetah Men.

And there's only one REAL group of Cheetahs in the video game world.

Elites / Cheetah Men > Spartans

SailorDaravon
Mountain Chocobo

Member 204

Level 28.55

Mar 2006

Old Jun 14, 2010, 06:56 PM #260 of 1108
Finally campaign footage, looks pretty sweet. The spartan neck snap assassination on the Elite towards the end is ridiculous, I need to find a .gif of that. Also OH SHIT SPACE BATTLES

YouTube Video

Thank you internet!

Fluffykitten McGrundlepuss
Motherfucking Chocobo

Member 589

Level 64.55

Mar 2006

Old Jun 15, 2010, 02:39 PM Local time: Jun 15, 2010, 08:39 PM #261 of 1108
Fuck yes, space battles were the best bit of the Star Wars Battlefront games and if they play anything like that they'll be awesome.

Tails
MY STICK

Member 104

Level 55.36

Mar 2006

Old Jun 15, 2010, 03:22 PM #262 of 1108
OH SHIT SPACE BATTLES. I finally got around to watching this. They already had me sold at the beta, so this is all just icing on the cake.

Why isn't it fucking September right now. I am honest to god stoked for this.

How ya doing, buddy?

SailorDaravon
Mountain Chocobo

Member 204

Level 28.55

Mar 2006

Old Jun 15, 2010, 09:26 PM #263 of 1108
Firefight shown on G4:

YouTube Video

-4 player
-Has matchmaking
-Dropshield AA shown, i.e. Medic; Armor Ability is dropping a bubbleshield that also works as a regen
-New gun shown, works to call in an airstrike (a la Hammer of Dawn in Gears)
-You can hugely customize Firefight; create your own skulls and when they activate, customize what enemies spawn in what waves and when, etc.

Edit: Details from IGN:

Originally Posted by IGN
The Firefight multiplayer mode Bungie introduced in Halo 3: ODST is back in Halo: Reach, and it's looking to be even crazier (and more flexible) than its predecessor. At a special preview event at E3 2010, Microsoft and Bungie gave us a look at the new and improved Firefight. Here's what's new.

First off, you'll get the full matchmaking experience here, unlike in ODST. You'll be able to customize your matches to your heart's content – weapons, maps, game durations and enemy behavior will all be tweakable.

There are multiple game types this time around, too. Default is the most general of the lot. It's a one-set match that's designed to be shorter and more casual. Pop in, pop out, go eat a steak. Classic mode is just what you played in ODST. You know, because it's already classic. Generator Defense is also a mode in Firefight now (you remember this gametype from the Reach beta that ran last month), and a newcomer called Rocket Fight sounds like it could become a new favorite. This mode is just you, your buddies, armor abilities, and an infinite supply of rockets. Yeah, that just happened.

You'll also have some new weapons to play with. The Target Locator may not have a sexy name, but it makes up for that by destroying the hell out of things. Use it to paint targets, and you'll be rewarded by a bombardment by an orbiting fleet. Think Hammer of Dawn from Gears of War mixed with the world's scariest airstrike. And remember the Concussion Rifle from the latest campaign demo? It fires explosive plasma rounds, and it's in Firefight, too. Deadly combination. And you can stop wondering – the Fuel Rod gun is back in Halo: Reach (and in Firefight).

Our look at Firefight unveiled a brand-new armor ability called Drop Shield. This one's sort of a mix between the bubble shield and regenerator from Halo 3. Power it up, and it'll give you and your friends some space to chill and heal for a bit.

Just like the overall Reach multiplayer, Firefight will come with game-specific rewards and challenges, available on a weekly and daily basis. Meeting challenges will net you special armor permutations. And the only way to get them is by playing Firefight.

From what we're being told, Firefight in Reach will be far more customizable than ever before. For example, you'll be able to create your own skulls that can totally change the pace and feel of your Firefight matches. You can make up to three, altering the traits of your Spartans, armor abilities and waves. Want to bump your health up to 200% and boost weapon damage? Feel free (wimp). This is basically Firefight any way you want it.

Bungie was also showing off two new maps, Waterfront and Beachhead, neither of which were in the Reach beta. This is all just the tip of the Firefight spear. We'll have full-fledged hands-on impressions of the mode later tonight, along with brand-new direct feed video of Bungie's latest title in action. So keep watching IGN for more.
Additional Spam:
Official trailer for Firefight:

YouTube Video

I'll probably just wait until Friday to update the OP, they're supposed to be dropping more info with the weekly update on Friday regarding Firefight and whatnot. I also really need to get new image headers going and put one together for Firefight. Fuck.

Most amazing jew boots

Last edited by SailorDaravon; Jun 16, 2010 at 07:32 PM. Reason: This member got a little too post happy.
Motherfucking Chocobo

Member 589

Level 64.55

Mar 2006

Old Jun 17, 2010, 04:00 PM Local time: Jun 17, 2010, 10:00 PM #264 of 1108
I'm so glad I pretty much have September off work, the game is looking better by the day really. Rocket fight sounds very silly (And hilarious).

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
Tails
MY STICK

Member 104

Level 55.36

Mar 2006

Old Jun 19, 2010, 03:21 AM #265 of 1108
Hahaha you're gonna be off for this shit too? Ballertasic, I haven't had a chance to play some shit with TEAM BRITISH in a while.

Jam it back in, in the dark.

SailorDaravon
Mountain Chocobo

Member 204

Level 28.55

Mar 2006

Old Jun 19, 2010, 02:58 PM #266 of 1108
Completely went through the OP from top to bottom and trounced it. Should be substantially easier to read and get through. I'll still put up proper image headers at some point. I added so much I'm missing some stuff, but I think this is all the big hits. Shin and Tails disappointment incoming:

-Firefight announced. Added Firefight section I'll post here in it's entirety. Firefight trailer:
YouTube Video

Firefight 2.0
Last updated June 19th, 2010
Spoiler:

Matchmaking and Default Settings
-Firefight is still 1-4 players, however it now has Matchmaking.

-Just like Campaign and Multiplayer, there will be daily and weekly Challenges for Firefight. Additionally however, there are armor permutations that can only be unlocked through completing Firefight Challenges.

-urk has confirmed that Drones are not in Firefight this time around neither is the Black Eye Skull, which were pretty much the two things that everyone absolutely hated in ODST Firefight.

-In Matchmaking there will be at least 3 gametypes that have been announced:
Standard - 1 set match.
Generator Defense - Same as in the Beta, defend the Generators against the Covenant trying to destroy them.
Rocket Fight - You have infinite Rockets. Unclear if just regular Firefight aside from this, or if there are other differences.
Firefight Customization

-You can set up custom Firefight settings, just like other Custom games.

-Customization options are completely insane; you can create custom skulls, set up enemy waves how you want them, starting weapons and Loadouts, if you want damage or physics modifiers on, and I could go on and on. If you want 2000% health in 3x gravity with infinite rockets and nothing but suicidal Grunts, go for it.

-urk posted a mostly complete listing of the Firefight customization settings. It is incredibly long and wouldn't format correctly for a copy/paste here, and I'm not spending hours formatting it. Go check it out here.

Firefight Maps

Beachhead

Waterfront

-You can choose between being a male or female Spartan, but unlike previous games it actually changes your character model; this also still impacts Campaign, so if you want Noble Six to be a woman, go for it.

-"Firefight Voice" revealed as one of the customization options for your Spartan.

-Concussion Rifle revaled, appears to be a Covenant plasma-type grenade launcher?

-Fuel Rod Cannon and Spiker both confirmed to be returning.

-Target Locator revaled; uses a targeted laser to call in an airstrike (think Hammer of Dawn from Gears). Shown in Firefight, and I'd believe it's in Campaign, but I bet it won't be in regular Multiplayer.

-Space Comabat shown in the Campaign reveal. Before everyone gets too excited though: it is only in one level in Campaign, and is confirmed to NOT be in multiplayer.

-Drop Shield Armor Ability revealed; you drop a Bubble Shield that also regenerates health if you are inside of it. Disappears on a timer, or if it takes too much damage.

-Added entire Campaign and Forge 2.0 section

Shiny McShine
Well, heilo there!

Member 460

Level 13.91

Mar 2006

Old Jun 19, 2010, 03:55 PM Local time: Jun 19, 2010, 01:55 PM #267 of 1108
So wait: Spartans are master ninja assassins now as well as unstoppable war machines? Come on now. It's getting a little ridiculous.

Here's a thought: How does Bungie plan on explaining the more advanced and destructive weapons being available BEFORE the Halo 1 campaign? I would think that a lot of Earth's soldiers would be pissed about not being able to find one damn Laser Cannon througout the entire first campaign.

Motherfucking Chocobo

Member 589

Level 64.55

Mar 2006

Old Jun 19, 2010, 05:07 PM Local time: Jun 19, 2010, 11:07 PM #268 of 1108
In Halo 1 you start off on board a ship then only have what gets dropped off on the ring as weaponery, although that doesn't explain why the gear wasn't on the ship in the first place. I'll imagine they won't bother trying to explain it at all.

That sucks about the space combat, although I'm sure playing the level co-op will do just as well with friendly fire turned on.

Shiny McShine
Well, heilo there!

Member 460

Level 13.91

Mar 2006

Old Jun 19, 2010, 05:10 PM Local time: Jun 19, 2010, 03:10 PM #269 of 1108
Okay, while you may be right about the technology of the first Halo, how do we explain the humans having access to Covenant weaponry supposedly BEFORE that encounter?

SailorDaravon
Mountain Chocobo

Member 204

Level 28.55

Mar 2006

Old Jun 19, 2010, 05:14 PM #270 of 1108
Their somewhat admittingly valid explanation of the tech in Reach is because Reach WAS the main UNSC and ONI military planet; pretty much all of their shit was prototyped and built there. Obviously that's a bit of an out, but it's satisfactory enough to be passable.

How ya doing, buddy?
Tails
MY STICK

Member 104

Level 55.36

Mar 2006

Old Jun 19, 2010, 06:09 PM #271 of 1108
Basically what Daravon said. Also IIRC the Pillar of Autumn was one of the older and slightly outdated UNSC ships remaining in the fleet. They didn't have much left because Covvies were spanking that ass on a regular basis. I'll have to go back through the novels for finer details.

Also they had to get the fuck out of dodge (thus probably giving them less prep time to take all the cool toys) due to the way the whole Reach conflict ends.

FELIPE NO

Motherfucking Chocobo

Member 589

Level 64.55

Mar 2006

Old Jun 19, 2010, 06:20 PM Local time: Jun 20, 2010, 12:20 AM #272 of 1108
Still, that the first weapon someone offers the hardest bastard on the ship at the start of Halo:CE seems a little silly in retrospect. One would have thought a jet pack and spartan laser and grav hammer might have helped him clear out the attackers a shade quicker.

I guess that's the eternal pitfall of making prequels.

How ya doing, buddy?
Tails
MY STICK

Member 104

Level 55.36

Mar 2006

Old Jun 19, 2010, 06:47 PM #273 of 1108
Pffff, who needs lasers when the starting pistol was the best weapon in the game.

Halo 2 and Halo 3 pistols

Most amazing jew boots

Motherfucking Chocobo

Member 589

Level 64.55

Mar 2006

Old Jun 19, 2010, 07:04 PM Local time: Jun 20, 2010, 01:04 AM #274 of 1108
They never did explain why a super-human cyborg who can flip over tanks one-handed can't cope with the recoil from a shitty SMG. The Halo universe is hardly famous for it's consistency.

SailorDaravon
Mountain Chocobo

Member 204

Level 28.55

Mar 2006

Old Jun 19, 2010, 07:46 PM #275 of 1108
True, but I'd rather they made the game fun and balanced rather than nitpick tiny little story details that 95% of kids don't even notice. If you follow that same logic to the extreme, you should be getting one-shot kills with practically any gun since Spartans are super cyborgs.

Tags
fucking armor lock, halo, halo reach

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming > [360] Halo Reach: Ghosts of GFF