Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Media Centre

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

D. Gray-Man

Summonmaster
The best exploding rabbit user there is.

Member 695

Level 43.57

Mar 2006

Old Dec 28, 2006, 10:38 PM #1 of 8
D. Gray-Man

by Hoshino Katsura
Manga - 100+ Chapters
Anime - 26 Episodes

Story
---
Allen Walker, a young man, inadvertently joins an organization called the Black Order, full of exorcists whose sole purpose is to collect the 100+ fragments of Innocence and to defeat the Earl of the Millenium.

Innocence are the crystals of God that bestow special powers upon the ones that the shards are compatible with. These special powers are used by exorcists in order to combat against the akuma created by the Earl.

The diabolic Earl takes advantage of the peoples' despair and tricks people into calling for the souls of their long lost loved ones. Once this is accomplished, he gives birth to an akuma which is eternally powered by the power of the summoned and trapped soul. These akuma can steal the skin of humans and blend in undetected within society, although Allen has the power to see akumas' souls and defeat them.

Characters
---

Allen Walker - The main protagonist. Cursed with the eye of an akuma, this young boy becomes an exorcist in order to save as much souls as he can. Many tragedies await him, and together with his comrades, he fights to one day defeat the Millennium Earl. His anti-akuma weapon is his giant silver claw arm of the parasite type.
Lenalee Lee - Another exorcist of the Order. Lenalee's anti-akuma weapon is her Dark Boots which allow her to gracefully fly and attack from the air. She is the sister of the Order's chapter head, Komui.

Kanda Yu - A cold and ruthless exorcist who immediately takes a disliking to Allen. He appears to be searching for someone important and can't die until then. His anti-akuma weapon is his Mugen blade which can summon illusory beasts.

Komui Lee - The chapter head of the Black Order whose intention is to collect all 100+ fragments of Innocence and defeat the akuma and the Earl of the Millennium. He acts comically and cares deeply for his younger sister, Lenalee, while attending to all the paperwork and business in the Order.

The Earl of the Millennium (top of top pic) - An enigmatic figure who creates akuma with the sole purpose of killing all humans. Despite his comical appearance, he is very evil and takes advantage of the peoples' despair in order to steal souls and trap them eternally in shells of akuma.

This series is has a very odd balance between morbid and gothic subject matter while being comedic at the same time. At one instant, we might witness the horrendous trickery of the Earl resulting in great tragedy, and in a following moment, we might see Allen jokingly conversing with an akuma.
Plenty of action in this series, along with some awkward moments of comic relief and tense storytelling. This is excellent to follow for those who like the supernatural, action, and comedy!
Other Important Characters
Spoiler:

Miranda - A very special woman, focused on in the story Arc: "The Rewinding Town"...

Rhode (currently in my sig) - A mysterious member of the strange "Noah's Family" who shows up in the "Rewinding Town" story.

Rabi - An exorcist wielding a giant hammer that can take on the fire element.

Allister - An odd character, focused on in the Vampire story arc. Believed to be a troublesome Vampire.

Most amazing jew boots

Last edited by Summonmaster; Dec 28, 2006 at 10:42 PM.
lemonmanko
yell it very loud!

Member 1971

Level 12.17

Mar 2006

Old Dec 29, 2006, 12:14 AM Local time: Dec 28, 2006, 11:14 PM #2 of 8
started on the manga but now on the anime since viz is taking forever to release New Manga volumes of it.

i like for the most part but there was a drag on the begining arc but now its getting deeper and darker storywise
it will be interesting to see how that Millennium Earl Family is gonna workout.

There's nowhere I can't reach.
nanba.miki
Larry Oji, Super Moderator, Judge, "Dirge for the Follin" Project Director, VG Frequency Creator

Member 17792

Level 1.00

Jan 2007

Old Jan 4, 2007, 12:04 AM Local time: Jan 3, 2007, 09:04 PM #3 of 8
i love this anime. so interesting! ^^

How ya doing, buddy?
Dekoa
Is now the Tolkein Red Shirt.

Member 194

Level 28.24

Mar 2006

Old Jan 4, 2007, 03:33 PM #4 of 8
Yaha! I've found a good site with all the torrents for the current Episodes released.

http://a.scarywater.net/sd/

I'm really liking it. I've gotten up to the current episode and I am really liking it. I just wish that there would be more Weapons for Allen.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
Dekoa's Friend Quote: "You can't rape the Willing!"

Summonmaster
The best exploding rabbit user there is.

Member 695

Level 43.57

Mar 2006

Old Jan 4, 2007, 03:55 PM #5 of 8
Oh there are a couple more weapons alright, although at the current part in the manga scanlations, I don't see how Allen has potential for any more weapons. However, they're not so much weapons, moreso forms of his weapon.

Most amazing jew boots
booboocat
Syklis Green

Member 2861

Level 8.78

Mar 2006

Old Jul 8, 2007, 07:20 PM #6 of 8
mmm i'm glad the anime is now kind of off fillers.
btw. summonmaster, i love your Fuuta icon.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
Marina
Bear-ri-con

Member 13607

Level 8.62

Oct 2006

Old Jul 13, 2007, 06:09 AM Local time: Jul 13, 2007, 06:09 PM #7 of 8
The latest episode I can find is 38, I d/l from http://realitylapse.com
They're .rmvb

For manga you can read at www.onemanga.com, they update every friday for DGM.

FELIPE NO
Sorry for being an idiot in GRAMMAR.
I don't use English as my first language.
yuna00
Chocobo

Member 305

Level 9.10

Mar 2006

Old Jul 22, 2007, 01:59 PM Local time: Jul 22, 2007, 10:59 AM #8 of 8
i LOVE this anime. it somehow reminds me of a Bleach and dark FMA mixed together anime.

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Media Centre > D. Gray-Man