Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

[DS] How do you get 3,000 pikachus on a bus? POKEMON!

RPG Maker
Lost Dreamer

Member 342

Level 13.52

Mar 2006

Old Oct 2, 2006, 12:51 AM Local time: Oct 2, 2006, 12:51 AM #251 of 1579
They want us to work a bit harder...

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
Metal Sphere
It's Agrias time.

Member 84

Level 36.59

Mar 2006

Old Oct 2, 2006, 12:52 AM #252 of 1579
Originally Posted by RPG Maker
They want us to work a bit harder...
As if that weren't blatantly obvious from looking at the male/female evolution splits. Now we're getting into sexual dimorphism in Pokemon of all places.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?

The text is part of the image and the two squires aren't exactly even.
Acro-nym
Holy Chocobo

Member 635

Level 32.46

Mar 2006

Old Oct 2, 2006, 09:09 AM #253 of 1579
With all of these splite evolutions to worry about, I'm glad I have Ditto.

I was speaking idiomatically.
Metal Sphere
It's Agrias time.

Member 84

Level 36.59

Mar 2006

Old Oct 2, 2006, 09:11 AM #254 of 1579
Yeah, not to mention Hiidoran is a gendered Legendary. Looks like we'll be able to breed that sucker.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?

Acro-nym
Holy Chocobo

Member 635

Level 32.46

Mar 2006

Old Oct 2, 2006, 09:21 AM #255 of 1579
Weren't Latios and Latias gendered? We couldn't breed them.

FELIPE NO
Metal Sphere
It's Agrias time.

Member 84

Level 36.59

Mar 2006

Old Oct 2, 2006, 09:23 AM #256 of 1579
Manaphy is breedable though, but what would be the point of a Female/Male Hiidoran if you can't mate them? Not to mention, there's only one and it's been shown that it appears either male or female.

In other words, it's more like a regular pokemon than Latios and Latias.

Edit: Wow, now we have move based evolutions. Likitung evolves into Berouberuto after learning Rollout and leveling up. Tangela evolves into Mojanbo after learning Ancientpower and leveling up. Yanma and Piloswine evolve into Megayanma and Manmuu respectively after learning Ancientpower and leveling once.

How ya doing, buddy?

Last edited by Metal Sphere; Oct 2, 2006 at 09:30 AM.
Acro-nym
Holy Chocobo

Member 635

Level 32.46

Mar 2006

Old Oct 2, 2006, 09:37 AM #257 of 1579
What good does Ancientpower do Tangela?

And with the different attack system, I expect Likitung to be more powerful. Thinking about Snorlax, I wonder if Snore will be considered a physical attack...

Jam it back in, in the dark.
Metal Sphere
It's Agrias time.

Member 84

Level 36.59

Mar 2006

Old Oct 2, 2006, 09:46 AM #258 of 1579
Originally Posted by Acro-nym
What good does Ancientpower do Tangela?
Rock type move, no? Maybe its moveset has it in there now. I find this method of evolving to be very clever. This potentially opens up a lot of evolutions and it'd work the same way as level since you get moves by reaching the level where they learn it.

Quote:
And with the different attack system, I expect Likitung to be more powerful. Thinking about Snorlax, I wonder if Snore will be considered a physical attack...
Yup, that sounds about right. The same applies to Magneton's evolution, Magmar and Electabuzz's evolutions as well as Manmuu. Adding an evolutionary stage opens up the stage for more moves and effort values. Most of his attacks will probably make contact, so he'll be more relevant than ever before.

There's nowhere I can't reach.

Acro-nym
Holy Chocobo

Member 635

Level 32.46

Mar 2006

Old Oct 2, 2006, 09:50 AM #259 of 1579
Originally Posted by Metal Sphere
Rock type move, no? Maybe its moveset has it in there now. I find this method of evolving to be very clever. This potentially opens up a lot of evolutions and it'd work the same way as level since you get moves by reaching the level where they learn it.
Does this mean that we won't have any moves learned at the same level by one stage and the following stage? I think, once upon a time, Chameleon learned a move at level 36, evolved, and then learned another as Charizard.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
Metal Sphere
It's Agrias time.

Member 84

Level 36.59

Mar 2006

Old Oct 2, 2006, 09:55 AM #260 of 1579
Does this mean that we won't have any moves learned at the same level by one stage and the following stage?
No, we'll still have that. Just saying, that once Likitung reaches the level at which he learns Rollout, he'll evolve on the spot. Or if you teach it Rollout in a TM, you'll have to level him up. Like let's say he evolves after learning Rollout and Berouberuto immediately upon evolution tries to learn "Rolling Lick" (made up). That'll still happen, no doubt.

Quote:
I think, once upon a time, Chameleon learned a move at level 36, evolved, and then learned another as Charizard.
Breloom is like that too, IIRC as it's moveset switches from grass to Fighting drastically.

How ya doing, buddy?

Acro-nym
Holy Chocobo

Member 635

Level 32.46

Mar 2006

Old Oct 2, 2006, 10:02 AM #261 of 1579
No, we'll still have that. Just saying, that once Likitung reaches the level at which he learns Rollout, he'll evolve on the spot. Or if you teach it Rollout in a TM, you'll have to level him up. Like let's say he evolves after learning Rollout and Berouberuto immediately upon evolution tries to learn "Rolling Lick" (made up). That'll still happen, no doubt.
So I could theoretically evolve them well before they would naturally? That sounds like a way to get larger amounts of stat points. And in the previous games, as proven by GameShark, evolved forms learned the same moves at the same levels before the planned evolution. Maybe that would stay the same and I'd have an excuse to evolve a few of these guys early.

Most amazing jew boots
Metal Sphere
It's Agrias time.

Member 84

Level 36.59

Mar 2006

Old Oct 2, 2006, 10:07 AM #262 of 1579
So I could theoretically evolve them well before they would naturally?
Bingo. That was the first thing I thought when I found about these, that you could force-evolve them and squeeze more stats out of them then would be possible if you let them level up normally until they learned the attack themselves.

Quote:
That sounds like a way to get larger amounts of stat points. And in the previous games, as proven by GameShark, evolved forms learned the same moves at the same levels before the planned evolution. Maybe that would stay the same and I'd have an excuse to evolve a few of these guys early.
Nothing's been said that indicates this has been changed, so you wouldn't be doing any harm to them (except they won't learn first stage moves).

Originally Posted by Sin Ansem
Out of morbid curiousity what does the pokedex say on Darkrai and Aruseus? I see the number 1000 on Aruseus's thing, and I'm interested...
Quote:
Sheimii (hedgehog)#492 is the gratitude Pokémon (????????). It lives in flower beds, and curls up so that it looks like a flower, hence few people have ever noticed it.

Darkrai #491 is the darkness Pokémon (????????). It has the ability to induce sleep in people and show dreams. It is active on the night of the new moon.

Last edited by Metal Sphere; Oct 2, 2006 at 03:57 PM.
Sin Ansem
Miyamoto digs Negi Springfield

Member 1148

Level 21.64

Mar 2006

Old Oct 3, 2006, 12:47 PM #263 of 1579
Serebii's post on Aruseus confirms my suspicions--it IS the god of all Pokemon.

Is it possible that this is the last generation we see new Pokemon?

And Darkrai sounds... dark without being malignant. How I like it. Ironic though how a Dark-type that prefers a new moon over a full one.

FELIPE NO
Metal Sphere
It's Agrias time.

Member 84

Level 36.59

Mar 2006

Old Oct 3, 2006, 02:31 PM #264 of 1579
Originally Posted by Sin Ansem
Serebii's post on Aruseus confirms my suspicions--it IS the god of all Pokemon.
Yeah, when I found out the news I was really taken aback. So far, the only thing close to Aruseus is Mew and he's only related to the rest in some small way or another (that's how he can shapeshift).

Quote:
Is it possible that this is the last generation we see new Pokemon?
Why do you say this? I think we may stop seeing fewer new ones, and a lot more move evolutions/trade evolutions/companion evolution of older single stage and dual stage pokemon.

Quote:
And Darkrai sounds... dark without being malignant. How I like it. Ironic though how a Dark-type that prefers a new moon over a full one.
Same here, it's actually refreshing to see something Dark that isn't trying so hard to be dark that it's a bit sad. BTW, it makes sense for it to prefer a new moon since it's not visible and it's darker at said time.

Edit: Below are Jibbacoil (Magneton evolution), Dainossu (Nosepass evolution), Darkrai and Sheimii. The first two evolve by leveling up on Mount. Tengan. Jibbacoil is electric and steel while Dainossu is rock and steel. Sheimii has 100 stats all the way across and Darkrai, as said before, likes to come out on New Moons. Aruseus rounds out the three (posted earlier), with 120 stats across the board making him the strongest pokemon to day by quite a bit. His ability is multi-type, and he's the "God" of all pokemon. From the looks of it, all three of these guys are event pokemon. Wouldn't be surprised if Aruseus is banned from competitive play.

Yonowaaru [Ghost], this character comes into being when you give Dusclops a Spirit World Cloth and trade it:

PorygonZ [Normal], trade Porygon2 while it's holding the Eerie Patch to and it involves into Z:

Eteboosu [Normal], Aipom's evolution. Get this wild chimp by having Double Attack as one of the Aipom's 4 moves and level him up:

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?

Last edited by Metal Sphere; Oct 3, 2006 at 03:25 PM.
Sin Ansem
Miyamoto digs Negi Springfield

Member 1148

Level 21.64

Mar 2006

Old Oct 4, 2006, 05:47 PM #265 of 1579
Sprites were ripped on some site, but I'm too lazy to find it.

Serebii's going to be ready for a new Pokedex on Friday/Saturday I think.

Jam it back in, in the dark.
Acro-nym
Holy Chocobo

Member 635

Level 32.46

Mar 2006

Old Oct 4, 2006, 05:53 PM #266 of 1579
Is there going to be a new Pokédex, or are they just going to place the new ones on the end (i.e. National Dex)?

There's nowhere I can't reach.
Metal Sphere
It's Agrias time.

Member 84

Level 36.59

Mar 2006

Old Oct 4, 2006, 06:46 PM #267 of 1579
Is there going to be a new Pokédex, or are they just going to place the new ones on the end (i.e. National Dex)?
Yes. You have to see all of Shinou's pokemon at least once and then beat the E4 and Oak gives you the National Dex. From then on, pokemon from other areas start appearing. This is how I understood the explanations given.

And Ansem, I posted that site like 3 pages ago, along with one with the battle sprites.

How ya doing, buddy?

Acro-nym
Holy Chocobo

Member 635

Level 32.46

Mar 2006

Old Oct 4, 2006, 07:06 PM #268 of 1579
Yes. You have to see all of Shinou's pokemon at least once and then beat the E4 and Oak gives you the National Dex. From then on, pokemon from other areas start appearing. This is how I understood the explanations given.
That wasn't a yes or no question. I liked that in G/S/C, there were two lists. One was with the traditional list, numbering the new creatures as additions. The other, the one I preferred, was an updated list where there was no clear line between new and old or even region. I was just wondering if there will be two options in new game or, as R/S/E and LG/FR did, there will only be the National Dex.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
Metal Sphere
It's Agrias time.

Member 84

Level 36.59

Mar 2006

Old Oct 4, 2006, 07:22 PM #269 of 1579
That wasn't a yes or no question.
I answered the first part of your question, with a yes for the pokedex question. The Poketch or whatever is called has the Shinou dex in it. But once you fulfill what I mentioned above, they're likely chucked to the back of the National dex.

Quote:
I liked that in G/S/C, there were two lists. One was with the traditional list, numbering the new creatures as additions. The other, the one I preferred, was an updated list where there was no clear line between new and old or even region. I was just wondering if there will be two options in new game or, as R/S/E and LG/FR did, there will only be the National Dex.
Once you get the National Dex, it reverts to that format, chucking the newest pokemon way to the back. Though we were lucky to get a long forgotten feature from G/S/C in the new and improved time progression, asking for two dexs is a bit lofty.

Info on Aruseus (#493): Scattered around Shinou there are colored plates that when attached to him, make him change type. When he does so, his color changes too. Stats don't change, nor does his moveset. Except for a few TMs, he can learn every attack in the game. The type changning is due to his ability "Multi-Body".

Ridiculous stat info here:

Most amazing jew boots

Last edited by Metal Sphere; Oct 6, 2006 at 12:58 AM. Reason: Automerged additional post.
Ashton
GET DOWN

Member 2132

Level 14.26

Mar 2006

Old Oct 7, 2006, 12:36 AM #270 of 1579
My hear YEAR has fucking been made: one of my top 9 favorite pokemon got an evo, oh god it's still cute:

fuck yeah

Last edited by Ashton; Oct 7, 2006 at 12:44 AM.
Metal Sphere
It's Agrias time.

Member 84

Level 36.59

Mar 2006

Old Oct 7, 2006, 04:44 PM #271 of 1579
Originally Posted by Ashton
My hear YEAR has fucking been made: one of my top 9 favorite pokemon got an evo, oh god it's still cute:

fuck yeah
Congratulations, then. I've found my first favorite monster (looks and stat wise) in Rentoraa. Some folks gave me some advice, that being to get a beneficial nature for Attack, EV train him in Attack and Sp. Attack and stick this moveset on him:

The yellow one is its Shiny form:

• Return [Physical, Normal]
  • Ice Fang [Special, Ice]
  • Thunderbolt [Special, Electric (with STAB)]
  • Crunch [Physical, Dark]
This thing is easily one of the most versatile non-uber sweeper in a while.

FELIPE NO

Last edited by Metal Sphere; Oct 7, 2006 at 04:51 PM.
Sarmoti
Chocobo

Member 262

Level 14.36

Mar 2006

Old Oct 10, 2006, 07:31 PM #272 of 1579
So, is anyone planning on bringing their past Pokemon teams into D/P and then replacing one or two with a Shinou Pokemon that's similar in types but better (or atleast seems) in stats?.

I'm gonna replace my Tyranitar(named Godzilla) with a Ramuparudo:

As of now, my Tyranitar's move list is, from what I hear, the best you can obtain for it. I always bring him in and tank with him before switching out to a faster monster to finish the job, but his stupid effect always gets in the way after being knocked out which weakens my other monsters(Jolteon especially).

From what I read about Ramuparudo, all of his stats are weaker compared to Tyranitar's at lv 100 trained under the beneficial nature except for one:his attack power. It towers over Tyr's by 68 points. I'll probably be considered foolish for it but I never relied Tyranitar as KO'er, only as a tanker.

In the end, If I train the Ramuparudo using EV points(which I didn't quite understand at first) he'll better than my Tyranitar in every stat.

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?

Last edited by Sarmoti; Oct 10, 2006 at 07:35 PM.
Metal Sphere
It's Agrias time.

Member 84

Level 36.59

Mar 2006

Old Oct 10, 2006, 07:47 PM #273 of 1579
Originally Posted by Sarmoti
So, is anyone planning on bringing their past Pokemon teams into D/P and then replacing one or two with a Shinou Pokemon that's similar in types but better (or atleast seems) in stats?.
Nope, going to make a Shinou team and supplement it with pokemon from the other games. I've got Charmanders/Bulbasaurs/Squirtles and so on ready to transfer over.

Quote:
I'm gonna replace my Tyranitar(named Godzilla) with a Ramuparudo:

As of now, my Tyranitar's move list is, from what I hear, the best you can obtain for it. I always bring him in and tank with him before switching out to a faster monster to finish the job, but his stupid effect always gets in the way after being knocked out which weakens my other monsters(Jolteon especially).
Ramuparudo is good, but use Gaburiasu. Ground/Dragon, faster than Salamence, and his ability Sand Veil increases his evasion in a Sandstorm. Oh, not to mention his attack is absurdly high for such a fast pokemon. Here's my moveset for it:

Adamant Gaburiasu
(EVs in Att + Spd)
- Crunch/Swords Dance
- Earthquake (Ground, STAB)
- Iron Head (Steel)
- Dragon Claw (Crunch, STAB)

If Tyranitar goes down, send this Land-Shark out (in his entry, he's known as a "Mach" pokemon) and he'll run and play in the sandstorm. It'll help his evasion to avoid Ice attacks, his speed and STAB'd attacks are lethal to just about everything and if you've got the Swords Dance setup, you're king if you use it twice.

I don't know why they didn't give him Dragon Dance, though that might've made him overpowered.

Quote:
From what I read about Ramuparudo, all of his stats are weaker compared to Tyranitar's at lv 100 trained under the beneficial nature except for one:his attack power. It towers over Tyr's by 68 points. I'll probably be considered foolish for it but I never relied Tyranitar as KO'er, only as a tanker.

In the end, If I train the Ramuparudo using EV points(which I didn't quite understand at first) he'll better than my Tyranitar in every stat.
Wow, looks like you're all ready to go. I have to warn you though, there's a ton of new fighting moves, and with this new battle system that means something. Lucario, that Fighting/Steel type, can learn Pulse Bomb and 90att, unavoidable Fighting move. With that stabbed (90 att + 45 = 135 att) against Tyranitar and Lucario's high Sp. Att, it's going to be rough.

Oh, I fixed my Rentoraa moveset from above with the following:

- Crunch
- Fire Fang
- Ice Fang
- Spark (30% Paralysis)

How ya doing, buddy?

Sarmoti
Chocobo

Member 262

Level 14.36

Mar 2006

Old Oct 12, 2006, 10:39 AM #274 of 1579
Hmm, yes, he does sound like a better choice than Ramuparudo. Guess I'd make him and Tyranitar my first line in battle. I bet the two would be a good duo during double battles.

How ya doing, buddy?
NovaX
๏o๏o๏o๏

Member 603

Level 25.61

Mar 2006

Old Oct 13, 2006, 08:59 AM Local time: Oct 14, 2006, 12:29 AM #275 of 1579
No-one believes in spoilers in here then?

Most amazing jew boots

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming > [DS] How do you get 3,000 pikachus on a bus? POKEMON!