Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > General Discussion
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

"It's attached to humans, kill it!" says the animal 'rights' activists

Outlaw
Do not use elevator while on fire

Member 134

Level 14.63

Mar 2006

Old Mar 21, 2007, 03:19 PM Local time: Mar 21, 2007, 01:19 PM #1 of 23
"It's attached to humans, kill it!" says the animal 'rights' activists

In Germany, a baby polar bear is on death row, apparently. His mother rejected him and now a bunch of animal rights activists want him killed instead of trying to save him or use him for breeding purposes just for the reason he attached himself to his care takers.

Quote:
Kill tame bear, say animal nuts

March 20, 2007

ANIMAL-RIGHTS activists have called for a zoo’s baby Polar bear to be KILLED — because it relies on humans.

Knut became a superstar after he was rejected by his mother at birth last December. His twin brother died after just four days.

The hand-reared polar bear touched the hearts of the nation and became the symbol of Berlin Zoo. He was even photographed by star snapper Annie Leibowitz for an international campaign. But extremists in Germany claim Knut’s cuteness is against his own “animal rights” and he should be put to sleep.

Activist Frank Albrecht said last night: “The hand-rearing of Knut is a breach of the animal protection code. “He’ll rely on humans forever and this cannot be right.” Zoo director Wolfram Ludwig added: “He will not be a proper Polar bear. But it is too late to kill him now.”

Thousands of tourists flock to see Knut fed by a baby’s bottle every day. He was voted the city’s top citizen in a TV poll. Wolfgang Apel, of the German Animal Protection Society, said: “We must be careful with Knut but killing him is not the answer.”
Source: The Sun And here's all the other versions of the story from different places other then a tabloid.

I'm thinking they didn't get the memo that Polar Bears are endangered...

Jam it back in, in the dark.
Skexis
Beyond

Member 770

Level 34.03

Mar 2006

Old Mar 21, 2007, 03:37 PM Local time: Mar 21, 2007, 03:37 PM #2 of 23
I....don't get it.

He's living in a zoo.

A zoo.

Aside from being a house pet, that's already as close as an animal ever gets to "relying on humans forever."

There's nowhere I can't reach.
Koneko
Procrastinating Artist Extraordinaire

Member 1046

Level 9.94

Mar 2006

Old Mar 21, 2007, 03:51 PM Local time: Mar 21, 2007, 01:51 PM #3 of 23
I....don't get it.

He's living in a zoo.

A zoo.

Aside from being a house pet, that's already as close as an animal ever gets to "relying on humans forever."

Agreed. Besides, as far as I know, animals get hand-reared all the time in zoos around the world and only now does someone say "That isn't natural!"? While yes the cub would have died in the wild, zoos aren't "the wild".

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.

"I reject your reality and subsitute my own!"
Paper Crane
Defending the universe since 1999

Member 21283

Level 6.41

Mar 2007

Old Mar 21, 2007, 04:42 PM #4 of 23
I worked at a Society for the Protection of Cruelty Against Animals for a few months and let me tell you, so called "activists" are very similar to what I would call "Crazy People", this only firms that point. Activists have this thing where they just yell at everyone instead of promoting change.

Quote:
I'm thinking they didn't get the memo that Polar Bears are endangered...
Which means it would be against WWF laws to kill it, and being attached to humans dose not mean he cannot be used for breeding, it's the mother that instructs the infant on how to act so a male 'domestic' polar bear would have no adverse effects on the population.

Frickin crazy activists.., be'in all crazy like that.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
Render
River Chocobo

Member 4283

Level 25.60

Mar 2006

Old Mar 21, 2007, 04:50 PM Local time: Mar 21, 2007, 02:50 PM #5 of 23
Considering it lives in a fucking ZOO, their argument should be to eradicate every animal in captivity. Pretty sure every animal in every zoo is reliant on humans.

Most amazing jew boots

Last edited by Render; Mar 21, 2007 at 08:19 PM.
Paper Crane

Member 21283

Level 6.41

Mar 2007

Old Mar 21, 2007, 05:00 PM #6 of 23
Considering it lives in a fucking ZOO, their argument should be to eradicate every animal in captivity. Pretty sure every animal in every zoo is reliant on humans.[/i]
I think every animal in a zoo pisses activists off.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
Bernard Black
I don't mean this in a bad way, but genetically you are a cul-de-sac

Member 518

Level 32.84

Mar 2006

Old Mar 21, 2007, 05:09 PM Local time: Mar 21, 2007, 10:09 PM #7 of 23
Well, I'll just add that to the incredibly long list of retarded things I've seen and heard lately. Something's not right there, they can't be that idiotic surely?

FELIPE NO
Genthar
Lieutenant Colonel

Member 14155

Level 9.20

Oct 2006

Old Mar 21, 2007, 05:31 PM Local time: Mar 21, 2007, 11:31 PM #8 of 23
I've never heard of an Animal Rights activist wanting to kill a perfectly healthy animal from an endangered species. If I hadn't looked at the reports from the news sources I would never have believed it.

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
Paco
????

Member 175

Level 58.82

Mar 2006

Old Mar 21, 2007, 05:33 PM Local time: Mar 21, 2007, 03:33 PM #9 of 23
Originally Posted by Article
ANIMAL-RIGHTS activists have called for a zoo’s baby Polar bear to be KILLED — because it relies on humans.
Quote:
ANIMAL-RIGHTS activists have called for a zoo’s baby Polar bear to be KILLED
Quote:
ANIMAL-RIGHTS activists
Sounds to me like these cats are more confused than a homosexual priest.

kinkymagic
I made more lousy pictures than any actor in history.

Member 1409

Level 16.87

Mar 2006

Old Mar 21, 2007, 05:34 PM Local time: Mar 21, 2007, 10:34 PM #10 of 23
If it wasn't for zoos and people looking after exotic animals, most of them would be extinct.

Quote:
“He’ll rely on humans forever and this cannot be right.” Zoo director Wolfram Ludwig added: “He will not be a proper Polar bear. But it is too late to kill him now.”
If you had a choice a between living in the artic or being waited on hand-and-foot for the rest of your life which would you choose?

How ya doing, buddy?

“When I slap you you'll take it and like it.”
Unforgiven
How do I reach this fucking orb?

Member 6028

Level 16.56

May 2006

Old Mar 21, 2007, 05:47 PM #11 of 23
That's fucking ridiculous. How did they even get to that conclusion anyway?

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
Identity Crisis
Keeping You Warm

Member 11146

Level 26.65

Aug 2006

Old Mar 21, 2007, 05:56 PM Local time: Mar 21, 2007, 03:56 PM #12 of 23
Quote:
"Hand-rearing a polar bear is not appropriate and is a serious violation of animal rights," Bild newspaper quoted animal rights campaigner Frank Albrecht as saying.
So killing off a polar bear cub isn't violating its animal rights? Riiiiiiiiight...

interblags

How ya doing, buddy?
Outlaw
Do not use elevator while on fire

Member 134

Level 14.63

Mar 2006

Old Mar 21, 2007, 06:02 PM Local time: Mar 21, 2007, 04:02 PM #13 of 23
That's fucking ridiculous. How did they even get to that conclusion anyway?
My guess is that either the zoo was breeding polar bears to be released back into the wild and/or they said that Knut was going to be released back into the wild long before he was even born. But that still doesn't really explain why they want to kill him seeing as how there have been lots of instances of that happening else where with different animals. And usually the conclusion they end up with is either ship them out to a different zoo/Sea World/animal reserve or just keeping them in the same zoo for the rest of their lives.

I was speaking idiomatically.

Last edited by Outlaw; Mar 21, 2007 at 06:06 PM.
FLEX
Unavailable.

Member 2156

Level 9.45

Mar 2006

Old Mar 21, 2007, 07:54 PM Local time: Mar 21, 2007, 06:54 PM #14 of 23
I've always thought it would serve the common good of mankind to line all of these fruitcake animal rights activists, global-warming nutjobs and wacked-out environmentalists against a wall and shoot them.

That said, they should leave the goddamned polar bear alone.

They shouldn't be worried about it's "instinct" being dulled from months/years of human captivity. Any animal will have that undercurrent of "wild" instinct, captive, domesticated or not, and it can be brought back in spades if need be.

Paper Crane

Member 21283

Level 6.41

Mar 2007

Old Mar 21, 2007, 08:13 PM #15 of 23
They shouldn't be worried about it's "instinct" being dulled from months/years of human captivity. Any animal will have that undercurrent of "wild" instinct, captive, domesticated or not, and it can be brought back in spades if need be.
However it is very common for animals who live in captivity have a very high death rate when they are released from captivity. Free Willy died remember? (the actual whale, not the character).
It's a big problem with bears in the northern Canada actually, once they find out that there is food where people are, the grow dependent and come into towns and cause all sorts of problems. Just like how you cant stop putting out bird seeds in the winter without the birds that are eating it dying.

FELIPE NO
Muzza
love me

Member 3476

Level 53.02

Mar 2006

Old Mar 21, 2007, 11:19 PM Local time: Mar 22, 2007, 02:19 PM #16 of 23
I'm not too sure about zoos. I mean, sure, they treat the animals fairly and keep some species going, but I'm not sure they like the human attention. It's been a fairly long time since I've been to a zoo so my input on the matter seems a tad useless. It's always the cute animals that get all of the special treatment by people who don't even fully comprehend the issue of endangered species. The polar bear is one of these cute animals, I suppose.

Those activists have to right to kill a healthy animal of a vulnerable species of animal. I'm sure the polar bear will grow up to be just fine, anyway. At least there's a smaller chance it will be violent towards visitors/people.

Aww. It's cute...let's leave it alone now, even if it is ripping that person's head off. It's just so adorable.

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
Sepharite
The Source

Member 328

Level 29.80

Mar 2006

Old Mar 21, 2007, 11:25 PM #17 of 23
Perhaps it's a stunt to increase the Zoo's popularity. Then again, who the hell goes to the zoo!?

(I work at the zoo .__.)

Want obscure Classical Music CDs? Search: http://www.lib.uwo.ca/ PM me the code, I'll rip it for ya [MAX 2 CDS/User]
Why Am I Allowed to Have Gray Paint
Fookin' Prawns!

Member 56

Level 24.48

Mar 2006

Old Mar 24, 2007, 04:29 PM Local time: Mar 24, 2007, 09:29 PM #18 of 23
Some commentary on this situation, courtesy of The Now Show (BBC Radio 4).
http://www.yousendit.com/download/M3...YXlEa1UwTVE9PQ

Most amazing jew boots
Chibi Neko
The hell am I doing here?

Member 922

Level 27.65

Mar 2006

Old Mar 28, 2007, 01:03 PM Local time: Mar 28, 2007, 02:33 PM #19 of 23
I find this to be a very odd thing for a animal rights group to say. Animals in zoos rely on people anyway, they need to be fed and have their living space maintained.

Next thing they will tell us to kill our pets cuz they have to rely on us.

How ya doing, buddy?
LordsSword
Banned

Member 18063

Level 13.72

Jan 2007

Old Mar 28, 2007, 03:50 PM Local time: Mar 28, 2007, 02:50 PM #20 of 23
I find this to be a very odd thing for a animal rights group to say. Animals in zoos rely on people anyway, they need to be fed and have their living space maintained.

Next thing they will tell us to kill our pets cuz they have to rely on us.
Your right on the money here. It sad. Perhaps they are just jealous cause they cant have their own bear.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
Garnet
Princess. ;d

Member 16676

Level 6.41

Dec 2006

Old Mar 28, 2007, 06:02 PM Local time: Mar 28, 2007, 05:02 PM #21 of 23
When I heard about that,I just could not believe that people who have "animal rights" in their name would even think about wanting to kill an animal. It's very weird. So what if it's in a zoo,the little polar bear is being taken care of.

I was speaking idiomatically.
Kingman
The King of Cats

Member 21605

Level 2.86

Mar 2007

Old Mar 28, 2007, 06:24 PM #22 of 23
Well since when have animal rights activists been doing smart things. Like insureing these aholes who kill cats, and dogs for fun get longer jail sentences. They don't care about everyday problems, they try to make themselves appear as the most important institution as possible.

DarkMageOzzie
Chief Strategist

Member 4144

Level 22.75

Mar 2006

Old Apr 15, 2007, 07:19 PM #23 of 23
This reminds me of a conversation I had on a board somewhere about animal rights activists. More and more it seems these "Animal Rights Activists" don't really care about animals... they just hate humans and use animals as an excuse to act the way that they do.

FELIPE NO

"Out thought and out fought."

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > General Discussion > "It's attached to humans, kill it!" says the animal 'rights' activists